Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Frog Dodging wrote:Action Phase 1 we tracked Yosariwen, who strangely enough we got no result on. Also, I've discussed this with my partner and we've realized there's almost no downside to claiming who we're going to track next. ZMD, if you are a non-doc power role, do not target us. If you're scum and you target us, there's a good chance we'll see you.

Also, reduce the suspect pool etc. etc.
Vote Death the Hogfather
ciao!
I believe that was the hammer.

This might wrap up the game for a tidy town win.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Apples and Banana »

Raging Wishbone wrote:What makes you think we have so many power roles other than vig and two trackers?
Fine, I'll put it out there.

I'm also a Tracker.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

You forgot to include results with your claim.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:20 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:You forgot to include results with your claim.
I'm not sure its best to claim results yet.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 am

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

Err, I can't wrap my head around this one.

1. With 1 vig dead, we now know that there is only 1 scum group (unless SK has been no-killing, not bloody likely), which make a scumgroup of 4 or even 5 a lot more probable.

2. With one tracker (confirmed by sex's flip) out and one roleblocker down, town can play follow the tracker and force scum to hunt the doc (if they exist). Which is a very ideal situation all around.

-> You, as a claimed tracker, should be sensible to these factors. So why would you come up and ask for a massclaim, especially since you don't even have a scum result?

FOS APPLES AND BANANA
for not making sense.

Dodging, you thoughts on this please?
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:48 am

nyballosulgniirkps wrote:1. With 1 vig dead, we now know that there is only 1 scum group (unless SK has been no-killing, not bloody likely), which make a scumgroup of 4 or even 5 a lot more probable.
We know its a 3-man scumgroup. Pay attention.
nyballosulgniirkps wrote:2. With one tracker (confirmed by sex's flip) out and one roleblocker down, town can play follow the tracker and force scum to hunt the doc (if they exist). Which is a very ideal situation all around.
So 2 Trackers is even better.
nyballosulgniirkps wrote:-> You, as a claimed tracker, should be sensible to these factors. So why would you come up and ask for a massclaim, especially since you don't even have a scum result?
If I had a Scum result, it wouldn't be a massclaim, it would be game over.
nyballosulgniirkps wrote:
FOS APPLES AND BANANA
for not making sense.
I don't see why Town would throw suspicion on a claimed TRACKER, that claimed under no pressure, (damn-near impossible to fake-claim for any length of time) when there's ONE Scum left.

Unvote, Vote: nyball
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:52 am

If you are a town tracker, you will be killed (if Death the Hogfater was town). So why not give your result?
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:04 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:If you are a town tracker, you will be killed (if Death the Hogfater was town). So why not give your result?
If we're going to massclaim, which I think we should, I'll wait to see if/who Scum claims to have targetted.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:19 am

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

Apples and Banana wrote:Stuff in post #455
Actually, point taken. I thought the mod said at least 3 scum, but you are right, it's 3 scum.

Still, doc (if they exists) should protect Jdodge, because he is more confirmed than Apples.
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am

nyballosulgniirkps wrote:Still, doc (if they exists) should protect Jdodge, because he is more confirmed than Apples.
While that's true, do me a favour and explain why the last Scum would fakeclaim Tracker, with no pressure, with so many people alive.

I think the Doc, if any, or Watcher (if there can be one, I don't remember) should claim, to draw the next kill, and RANDOMLY pick one of us using random.org.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

Actually, point taken. I thought the mod said at least 3 scum, but you are right, it's 3 scum.

Still, doc (if they exists) should protect Jdodge, because he is more confirmed than Apples.
Yeah, I am pretty positive we only have one scum left. I agree Doc should protect frogdodge, however I have been rereading what Apples and Bananas wrote...
Apples and Banana wrote:
nyballosulgniirkps wrote:Still, doc (if they exists) should protect Jdodge, because he is more confirmed than Apples.
While that's true, do me a favour and explain why the last Scum would fakeclaim Tracker, with no pressure, with so many people alive.

I think the Doc, if any, or Watcher (if there can be one, I don't remember) should claim, to draw the next kill, and RANDOMLY pick one of us using random.org.
I am not so sure if we have a Doc he should claim yet, I'd like to hear some other thoughts.

Sorry I am sort of thinking/posting out loud.

I have quick question for anyone, if Apples and Bananas as well as FrogDodge are both trackers can't they watch each other? Doesnt that mean scum can't kill either without being caught. OR...

... I think I understand what you mean now Apples and Bananas about a forced win. If we have a doc we have him protect FrogDodge, FrogDoge watches you, you watch the doc. There is no way we can get to end game without two townies.

OF course again, that is assuming we all agree we understan the rules correctly and there is only one more scum. Also that we agree there have been far too few kills for there to be an additional SK or Vig.

I have never played Deep South or in a setup as complicated as this so I apologize if it's obvious. Anywyas, I am leaning towards a claim, however I would like to hear what everyone else thinks and assuming of course this game is not over with the Death the hog lynch.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:54 am

Post by SensFan »

Raging Wishbone wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty positive we only have one scum left. I agree Doc should protect frogdodge, however I have been rereading what Apples and Bananas wrote...
Apples and Banana wrote:

I am not so sure if we have a Doc he should claim yet, I'd like to hear some other thoughts.

Sorry I am sort of thinking/posting out loud.

I have quick question for anyone, if Apples and Bananas as well as FrogDodge are both trackers can't they watch each other? Doesnt that mean scum can't kill either without being caught. OR...

... I think I understand what you mean now Apples and Bananas about a forced win. If we have a doc we have him protect FrogDodge, FrogDoge watches you, you watch the doc. There is no way we can get to end game without two townies.

OF course again, that is assuming we all agree we understan the rules correctly and there is only one more scum. Also that we agree there have been far too few kills for there to be an additional SK or Vig.

I have never played Deep South or in a setup as complicated as this so I apologize if it's obvious. Anywyas, I am leaning towards a claim, however I would like to hear what everyone else thinks and assuming of course this game is not over with the Death the hog lynch.
You're confusing Tracker with Watcher.

Tracker picks someone, and sees who that person targets.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Death the Hogfather »

I didn't give up. I was just pointing out the fact that the evidence pointed directly to us as scum simply based on our hydra issues and Yos-wagon actions.

This is, of course, not true. We are but a mere townie, who seems to have been lynched while we slept.

Have fun guys. Catch the last scum for us.

@J-Scope: Nope. It's been Kairyuu the whole time. Seraphim posted the random vote and the V/LA post, but that was it.
'Never say die, master. That's our motto, eh?'
I CAN'T SAY IT'S EVER REALLY BEEN MINE.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Frog Dodging, Tracker, has been killed
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 462:

Death the Hogfather:
:Raging Wishbone, nyballosulgniirkps, Zaphod Beeblebrox, J-Scope, Frog Dodging,
Raging Wishbone:
:Zmd

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Death the Hogfather, Ortohoops,

while 9 are alive, 5 votes will lynch

Death the Hogfather, Townie, was lynched on Monday, May 4th at 5:32 pm. It is now twilight. Twilight expires between 6 and 18 hours from the time the last vote on Death the Hogfather was cast.

this may seem confusing, so I'll be explicit: The kill on Frog Dodging was submitted before Frog Dodging cast the hammer, but the 6-30 hour delay on the kill was still in effect... Therefor the kill goes though, and FD's vote still counts as the hammer. If I was a flavor writer I would have FD pull the release on the guillotine with his dying gasp.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Zmd »

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Zmd wrote:Anyway. The Yos/Nuwen lynch. I agree that the early voters are not likely to be mafia. They could still be SK though. Just not mafia.
Scum
PoketheAlpaca -3
Raging Wishbone +/-0
Vote Raging Wishbone
Does not compute
Why not? Early votes probably weren't mafia. Poker/Tajo didn't vote Yos/Nuwen at all. RW was the L-1 vote. They were still suspects at the time (I see that Poker/Tajo flipped town).
Ortohoops wrote:
The thing is though, if Hogfather was the last scum, why would he throw the game away and not try and stop his lynch? I know they've been having hydra problems, but if you were the last alive for your team, I doubt he'd be accepting a loss so easily.

I think he's probably lazy town.
This was the point I was trying to make.
Apples and Banana wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Apples and Banana wrote:Frog, have you submitted that choice?
Yes. Why do you ask?
Well, before I answer that question:

Since we're hunting for a single Scum, should we mass-claim and see if we have a forced win?
What is stopping scum from claiming something that looks like a forced win?
Apples and Banana wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:You forgot to include results with your claim.
I'm not sure its best to claim results yet.
Why bother claiming if you aren't giving results?
Apples and Banana wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:If you are a town tracker, you will be killed (if Death the Hogfater was town). So why not give your result?
If we're going to massclaim, which I think we should, I'll wait to see if/who Scum claims to have targetted.
Ok, this actually could make sense.
Raging Wishbone wrote: I have quick question for anyone, if Apples and Bananas as well as FrogDodge are both trackers can't they watch each other? Doesnt that mean scum can't kill either without being caught. OR...
They are trackers, not watchers.
Saunt Adelaus wrote:Frog Dodging, Tracker, has been killed
Isn't that 3 kills today? Sex, Poker/Tajo/FD. I thought there was scum + vig or SK (vig).

Did I miss something here?

Might as well update this:
Zmd wrote: Town
1Ortohoops
+1

2Pesco-Light
+1

Neutral:
sex w/ shafteds wife club
+6

Frog Dodging +/-0
3Zaphod Beeblebrox

4J-Scope

5Apples and Banana
+1

Death the Hogfather

Scum
PoketheAlpaca

6Raging Wishbone +/-0
Town:
Apples and Banana
+4

Ortohoops

Neutral:
Spring/Kison

Zaphod

Scum:
JScope

Raging Wishbone +/-0

Guess the only change is that I believe Sens' claim. Ortohoops still looks really townie. I get a town vibe from Spring/Kison. Zaph looks townie, but DID stay off Yos's wagon. That leaves JScope, who didn't vote Yos and RW, who you all know my opinion of by now.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

um, we have 3 claimed trackers?

ok mass-claim then immediately

we are vanilla

quick guys, before another scum-kill goes through

there were also two kills not including our vig that action phase which means we have multiple scum-factions, weren't there?

which means we have multiple scum-factions, I believe?
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Apples and Banana, please claim your results now. Not after people have claimed their action

I want to confirm you actually are a tracker
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by SensFan »

Ortohoops wrote:Apples and Banana, please claim your results now. Not after people have claimed their action

You can confirm I'm a Tracker in the days to come.

Oh, and search my posts in isolation. Up until my claim, everytime I referred to the role Tracker, I spelled it "Trakcer".
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:21 pm

SensFan wrote:
Ortohoops wrote:Apples and Banana, please claim your results now. Not after people have claimed their action

You can confirm I'm a Tracker in the days to come.

Oh, and search my posts in isolation. Up until my claim, everytime I referred to the role Tracker, I spelled it "Trakcer".
Please post with your hydra.

We're vanilla.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Are we officially massclaiming?
ZMD wrote:That leaves JScope, who didn't vote Yos and RW, who you all know my opinion of by now.
That is a very black and white way to look at the Yosariwen wagon. We have 2 more days in this action phase so I think we should take a careful look at the rise of the Yosariwen wagon.

It’s true I never voted for Yosariwen but that wasn’t because I didn’t think they were suspicious. I was questioning them to get more information, specifically from the Nuwen half during that time when Yosariwen was trying to explain for Nuwen. The pressure that came in other people’s votes always looked like the right amount of votes when I was looking at Yosariwen more and more closely, but I didn’t want to vote unless I was very confidant that Nuwen was playing scummy and not a newbie mistake. (I hadn’t seen her play in War in Heaven or any other big game; only marathon games so I had no reliable meta on her).

Post 129 is when I first started wondering what Nuwen meant by the chance of a power role being scum, which didn’t sound like the original claim that the crumb was a null tell. I needed Nuwen to explain that, so I didn’t want to vote yet.

Post 176 I thought I had caught in inconsistency in Nuwen and Yosarian’s stories about when they talked about the crumb in private before talking in the thread. I gave a FoS but not a vote because, again, they really needed to defend that point in order for me to know how strong a scumtell this was.

Post 320 I had to acknowledge that Yos was defending using his appeal to authority but in that case I didn’t push the issue with a vote because I figured it might be a playstyle tell and not a alignment tell. Isn’t that what “I agree with Yosarian2” comes from? Him being persuasive by reputation? Still, it was weird so I pointed it out in case people that knew him better could elaborate it if it was really a scumtell.

In post 320 I also said that Yos’s arguments were reasonable but they didn’t break the case because it was Nuwen who decided to out the crumb and she must have had, partially or fully, her own intentions for doing so. Her intentions might not be the same as his, or what he came up with later on.

Anyway by this point Yosariwen had 5 or 6 votes out of a possible 7. If I added my vote it would have had to be the last word and I felt there was still time to pressure Nuwen without a vote.

Of course I don’t have to have a solid case to add an early vote on someone but in many games that is just the way I play. But if you look at the rise of the Yosariwen wagon I was generally in favor of the wagon and started pushing questions since there was even a single vote.

I need to re-read to determine who is most scummy.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Zmd »

We're vanilla here.

JScope, 3 hydras (4 after me) claimed already. Massclaim pretty much has to happen now.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by ortolan »

J-Scope (470) wrote:Are we officially massclaiming?
Looks like it to me. Please claim without delay. We also need claims from nyb Raging and Zmd

Activity levels in the game at this point are very very likely to determine the outcome.
J-Scope (470) wrote:I need to re-read to determine who is most scummy.
J-Scope is my pick for scum right now. The "avoiding populous wagons" I referred to earlier was them tunneling on us and cross-defending Yosarian while pretty much neglecting to comment on the Yos wagon itself in 318 and 326. I've seen delaying from them all game.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Ortohoops wrote:I think this is the way I'm going to go once the cooldown phase is over. DGB has been uncharacteristically quiet this game - I don't know if she's trying to alter her own scum meta, or she's just been busy, but I don't like her ties with Yos-scum.
Weird somment here makes me raise my eyebrows but honestly I'm not sure why.

Don't think I've forgotten RW's overall wishywashyness.
Raging Wishbone wrote:No, this [wanting to vote and/or lynch a playerbut not wanting to hammer him] doesn't make sense. And no, that doesn't make it a scumtell.
In this case it looks very much like scum wishywashyness, especially when it would come to bussing a valuable teammate. DGB teels me from her experience with WW he sometimes feels off as town anyway, his thinking patterns etc. It is or can be a scumtell - scum might have an interest in not looking too much like a hammer-busser; in that case WW kinda failed hard. RR's posts, however, read as very reasonable and moderately townie, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Yosariwen wrote:Anyway, my main suspect right now is Raging Wishbone. Early on, they were defending me; then all of a sudden they turned around and joined my wagon, for reasons that make absolutly no sense at all. And it's interesting to note that he was not willing to hammer me, but wanted on to the bandwagon when it wasn't a hammer; which just makes it look like he knows the wagon is going to go bad, and dosn't want to take the blame for it.
Gah, the WIFOM, it burnses us, precioussss.

Wanted to finish rereading and thinking but late night = being sent to bed. More ASAP, which unfortunately may be tomorrow night at earliest - my school proxy is a bit schizo with scum threads, and it doesn't like the DHSDSM threads, prob because of sex w/ shafted' wife's club's username :P.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Raging Wishbone »

I'm vanilla.

Sens should claim results, no reason whatsoever to wait on this.

We have 1 scum remaining out of 7 people, none of which, correct me if I'm wrong here, are widely seen as town. So it's not as obv-win as it was before, but one benefit of this is scum can't kill without narrowing our suspect pool. Still, it's better if we take the initiative of choosing who to kill rather than the scum, so speed is still of the essence here.

My top two suspects are Zaphod and Zmd, and I think I'm leaning Zmd now. He's been actively lurking the entire game, hammered Yos after he became an obv lynch, and keeps coming up with these entirely arbitrary scumlists that prove he isn't actually trying to find scum. For one thing, me and Walt have been his top suspect for a while now, but none of his "list updates" change our score or say hardly anything about our recent posting. I don't see a townie letting his top suspect just sit there at the top of the list without further attacks/analysis. He's just comfortable voting for the guy he thinks would be a likely mislynch.

Vote Zmd.

-RR

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”