Alphabet Mafia -=- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS!

genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 am

Post by genku »

Ah, duh, yeah, I should unvote. :P

unvote: Nor
I'm not scum, I just suck.
bunsofsteel
bunsofsteel
Townie
bunsofsteel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:41 am

Post by bunsofsteel »

bandwagonernesses is why I'm gonna
vote: genku
like a fat kid on cake.

hey, these snozzberries taste like snozzberries!?!?
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:44 am

Post by genku »

bunsofsteel wrote:bandwagonernesses is why I'm gonna
vote: genku
Why does this post make me very very very suspicious of BunsOfSteel?
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:11 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Vote: bunsofsteel

He's posted exactly twice to this thread... once to confirm receipt of a role, and once to jump onto a bandwagon I've already said I don't understand. Die, scum lurker!
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:14 pm

Post by mathcam »

While I'm at it,
Unvote: Nor Raist.

Cam
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:21 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Nor, your role confuses me a bit.. so you only had one chance to replace someone? Were you forced to use it last night, or did you have a choice? How did you know who was dead? Did you choose just choose Tigris without knowing?
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:33 pm

Post by genku »

Hmm, maybe he's like an SK and he chooses them and they die? Hmm, but then where would be the other killing group? Doesn't make much sense but I think he might be some kind of SK or possibly even totally full of crap.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:36 pm

Post by genku »

What I mean is like.. he chooses their role.. they die.. and then he truely replaces them.. Kills A, takes place of A.. get's their role and such.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:52 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

So genku, you think the letters O, N, A, and C are bad? The thing about Nor's claim is that there are a few factors, that just seem sketchy.. which is why I asked those questions... and it's very easy to take the letter R for replacement and use it on the only dead person in the game.. but that in itself seems a bit suspicous.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:27 pm

Post by genku »

I think the letters O N A and C are a red herring, actually. I don't think we can just go on what people's letters are to be able to tell if they're a bad guy, it should probably be based on how good their claim is.
Nor Raist
Nor Raist
Townie
Nor Raist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:47 pm

Post by Nor Raist »

Medicated Lain wrote:Nor, your role confuses me a bit.. so you only had one chance to replace someone? Were you forced to use it last night, or did you have a choice? How did you know who was dead? Did you choose just choose Tigris without knowing?

I had no choice in the matter at all. In effect I started the game in a neutral state neither pro-town nor scum. Night 1 there would have been an unknown (to me) number of kills. Of those that died I was to assume one of their roles at complete random. The sole exception being if the random role already had an understudy at the ready (i.e. a deputy cop, or a nurse type role) at which point I would have been assigned a random night two victim. At no time was I able to submit a choice, and at no time in the future am I able to change my assumed role.
Soy un perdedor
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:57 am

Post by shadyforce »

I do think there will be a pattern to the letters, although I don't think that pattern is ONAC, but you never know.

Maybe: PBUG named after their leader, lol ;).
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Ok, all caught up now. Apologies again for the "dumb post" above.

Nor Raist, you didn't mention the possibility of there being no night one kills. What if a doc had got lucky and stopped the kill? Presumably this was an option, and it's one that you didn't mention. Personally, it's the kind of possibility I think a mod would have forseen so would have included some disclaimer in the role about it. When presenting your role yourself, however, you didn't mention it at all. That makes me suspicious of you.

I have no idea why you crazy people are jumping on Genku.
JereIC wrote:Genku- here's the thing about Nor's claim...importantly, no one else has come forward to say, "WTF? I'm R, but I'm a Retaliator, and you must be lying scum!"
This doesn't make too much sense.
Of course
Nor Raist is not lying about what letter his role starts with. That would be stupid, because exactly as you say, he would be called on it. In fact we could all simultaneously reveal our letters and no one would be caught lying because they have no reason to lie.

So all we have to go on is the validity of the role claim. I think the hole in the claim I mentioned above, though certainly not enough to guarantee that Nor is evil,
is
significant enough to suggest that he might have made up his role claim, and in particular supports the merits of lynching Nor rather than bandwagonning someone else. What if genku's a cop? Or a doc? Do we really want that exposed? Or what if he just claimed one? Would we still go through with the lynching?

Vote: Nor Raist

Cam
Demeech
Demeech
Goon
Demeech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:20 am

Post by Demeech »

mathcam wrote:Nor Raist, you didn't mention the possibility of there being no night one kills. What if a doc had got lucky and stopped the kill? Presumably this was an option, and it's one that you didn't mention. Personally, it's the kind of possibility I think a mod would have forseen so would have included some disclaimer in the role about it. When presenting your role yourself, however, you didn't mention it at all. That makes me suspicious of you.
Probably nothing would've happened.
mathcam wrote:I have no idea why you crazy people are jumping on Genku.
Why not? He's the most suspicious.
mathcam wrote: What if genku's a cop? Or a doc? Do we really want that exposed? Or what if he just claimed one? Would we still go through with the lynching?
What if he's mafia? The odds are close.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:00 am

Post by mathcam »

The same holds for randomly bandwagonning anyone. My point is that randomly bandwagonning someone forces a role claim. This should be done only if we're at a standstill. I personally don't feel we should be.
Well, yeah. I definitely agree that if Korais666 designed this role, then the role would haev stated that nothing would have happened in the case I mentioned. My point was that Nor Raist didn't make mention of this case, even though he
did
make mention of the other minor technicality...that if he targeted a role with a back-up, he wouldn't take over that role. My point is not that the role is contradictory because this issue was not addressed, just that if Korais has been designing a role, he would have included it, and when Nor presented the role, he didn't.

Cam
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:11 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Hmmm... good points, Cam. And I'm with you: I still don't get the genku bandwagon.

unvote: bunsofsteel

FoS: bunsofsteel
for lurking and mindless bandwagonning.

vote: Nor Raist
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Hmmm... good points, Cam.
Woo hoo!

Cam
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:11 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Hating mindless bandwagoning is why I'm going to
vote BoS
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:20 pm

Post by mathcam »

You're already voting for Nor Raist, which I think is a singularly good idea. Why ruin that with random voting?

Cam
Nor Raist
Nor Raist
Townie
Nor Raist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:21 pm

Post by Nor Raist »

mathcam wrote:The same holds for randomly bandwagonning anyone. My point is that randomly bandwagonning someone forces a role claim. This should be done only if we're at a standstill. I personally don't feel we should be.
Well, yeah. I definitely agree that if Korais666 designed this role, then the role would haev stated that nothing would have happened in the case I mentioned. My point was that Nor Raist didn't make mention of this case, even though he
did
make mention of the other minor technicality...that if he targeted a role with a back-up, he wouldn't take over that role. My point is not that the role is contradictory because this issue was not addressed, just that if Korais has been designing a role, he would have included it, and when Nor presented the role, he didn't.

Cam

You are absolutly correct. This was so obvious that I was forced to reread the role twice to see what I had done.

My role mentioned the first night kills or kills would determine who I became. In my reading I assumed that this meant night 1 kills and presented that assumption to the town. However I realize that there was never a specific reference to any specific night, just the first occurance of a night kill or kills.

Please forgive me for misreading that.
Soy un perdedor
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:50 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Something still seems suspicious about Nor Raist, I'm not entirely sure I believe him...
vote: Nor Raist
... even if he is what he says he is, a roleblocker in itself can be an annoying role, if they choose the wrong people, but I really just don't believe him... either way doesn't seem like a loss.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:32 am

Post by korais666 »

Vote count:

genku: 8 (Nor Raist, malaprop, Demeech, scalebane, mlaker, lazarus, someone, bunsofsteel)
Nor Raist: 4 (bloojay, mathcam, Dourgrim, Mediacated Lain)
bloojay: 1 (Stewie)
bunsofsteel: (Untrod Tripod)
Mathcam: 1 (Fletcher)

10 to lynch. Lemme know if I screwed anything up badly.

Also, people other than tripod have forgotten to unvote several times during the game. I will always assume an unvote in a case like that, but it would still be nice if it were there in case I don't see your name on another list and accidentally add it twice.

Thankies
-Korais
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:39 am

Post by mathcam »

Nor Raist, in actuality wrote:Please forgive me for misreading that.
But,
Nor Raist, through the Cam-O-Matic Translator, wrote:I can't believed I botched my made-up role claim. Please let me live for doing that.
:) Am I sure he's guilty? No. But there's a big enough hole that's it not worth bandwagonning anyone else out into the open instead. It's very rare that we get something this strong on day 1, so let's take advantage of it while it's here.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:42 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, wow! I just saw the vote count. Come on, people. Do the town a favor and look through
every other game Genku is playing in.
He acts the same
every
time. He's overly defensive, self-effacting, talkative, and is prone to voting people without a heck of a lot of justification. These qualities do not a mafia make.

Cam
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:45 am

Post by genku »

Yeah, seriously. I suck ass in all my games, not just this one.

Anyway, it seems like Nor screwed up big time right there.. so I'll vote him.
Nor Raist
(and this time not just because he has a funny name.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”