Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #0) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Sando »

Ortohoops:
It's still quite possible one or the other is SK/mafia but this does put a dampener on my theory.
This seems like you just spent like 3 paragraphs saying why you thought Yos and PtA were linked, but now that you don't think that PtA is Shaft.ed's buddy, somehow they're both still suspects yet not linked, this doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something here?
Just saying "the mechanic is making us lurk" isn't a good retort- this applies of the posts he is actually making also.
This is regarding Trotsky. I, however, agree with Trotsky. Compared to my usual gameplay I'm lurking in this game and it’s a real challenge to post content, part of that is inexperience, part of that is game-mechanic (post count = kills) and part of it is the hydra mechanic. All of it means that a meta based on 1 side of the hydra is completely useless, and a meta based on the hydra in totality is based of 1(?) other game.

You're right that we can't let it be used as an excuse to lurk, but I think everyone is aware that this mechanic makes everyone more lurky than usual. Merely saying 'you're lurking more than your town meta' shouldn't carry much weight I feel.

Zaphod:
Caught the SK; excellent. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis. Grrr Smile.
I did not gloat personally and I did not try to ascribe the catching of the SK to myself or otherwise emphasize my part in it.
The top quote looks awfully like gloating. If you’re saying that you personally didn’t gloat but your other half may have, then I’m not going to accept that as an explanation. What 1 half does reflects on the other half.
and saw no compelling reason to excise the A&B section that I'd already written
There was a compelling reason to leave the A&B stuff in there, you'd have had no post without it, nearly half of that post was attacking and even questioning A&B, then gloating about his death.
Why did/do you see only self-congratulatory, apparently scummy emphasis on good work done by my other head and the other players?
You're making out that I'm attacking you for killing the SK, I'm not, and you know very well that I'm not. I'm attacking you for trying to make sure that everyone in the game was well aware that you were intricately involved in killing the SK. Killing the SK is townie, but basically saying 'Hey look guys, I killed the SK, guys, guys, come look, quick!!!' is scummy in my view. And while I think it's a scummy action, I don't think it's damning. The reason that I've continued to attack you over it is that I'm not satisfied with your responses.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Sando »

Raging Wishbone wrote: But I am gonna give ya a little hint (Sarcasm aside)...we have until page 23 until our next action period! That won't happen until 2010, the way this game is moving! Do you care I am trying to pick up the pace...go pick on somone else, lol...
I’m not attacking you for the prods singularly, I’m attacking you for your stance on hydra communication combined with your prods. You seem to want people to take their time and discuss things within their hydra, yet are prodding people every chance you get. I think you’re setting up a lose/lose situation for people, where if they post too quick they get attacked (see your attack on J-scope), and if they don’t post quick enough they get prodded (and you’ve stated you want them mod-killed).
Raging Wishbone wrote: I CANT vote ZAPHOD (Although my oarner wanted too)...maybe you can but I wont because she WROTE in this BETA game the "reason she was leaving mafiascum forever was because of being accussed of being scum when she was TOWN?"... I mean don't that mean nothing to you?
Ok, so all a scum has to do to convince you they’re town is to say so… Or was it the emotional appeal (a lovely scum trait) that convinced you she was town?
Trotsky wrote: thats all right maybe someone here will have the brains to lynch zaphod after us
I understand why Trotsky’s posts look like a scum giving up, I had the same reaction initially. But it doesn’t really make sense given this statement. If he’s scum, he knows we’ll ignore his ‘lynch zaphod’, if he flips town, we’re wrong thinking his post is scum giving up. Only way both of these works is if he’s scum and distancing himself from his scumbuddy. I guess we’ll find out now that he’s been hammered.
Frog Dodging wrote: Oh! I have been reminded to say that RW asked for a screenshot from J-scope, then attacked him for posting a screenshot - though honestly, that's just as likely to be sheer stupidity.
Personally I think he’s been creating setups where you can’t help but fail all the way through, see my first point.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Sando »

JDodge wrote: - Ojando was by far the best-playing hydra in this game.
Thanks, most of the posting was done by Ojanen, I just provided input. We eventually worked out the best way to work was divide the arguments between us. In the end I handled the argument with orto, Ojanen handled the claim stuff, and to be honest, I had no idea what was happening with the claim stuff and just shut my mouth, worked well :)

Massive props to our scumbuddies, certainly helped me a lot, as you'll see if/when the QT is posted.

Sorry for me/Ojanen being quiet at times, being in different timezones, it was sometimes hard to talk to each other quickly and respond. We both had VLA periods, separate from each other as well, so that slowed us down on things we weren't sure of.

Thanks Adel/Claus, was an awesome game once it got out of the rut it was in. If running another hydra game, I'd warn potential about timezones, it wasn't a huge issue in this game where a quick response wasn't expected, but it certainly slowed down our ability to post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”