Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

I broke this game too!

Zmd
Yosariwen
Pesco-Light

vote: Yosariwen
for the win!
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:27 pm

J-Scope wrote:Pesco, why are you voting a non-threat? You should be voting for scum, like this:

Vote: Pesco Light
Bravo for finding the scum. Clearly, a time/post waster. That's a mega scumtell in this game.

unvote, vote: Pesco-Light
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Please stop wasting time on chit chat and get on with the LYNCH TROTSKY OPERATION. He is not his town self.

unvote, vote: Trotsky
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm

If Incamnito was any more town, my eyes would implode.

I know what you're saying about A&B, but for these hydras I do not have yet enough information to get a read, and I'm confident I will be able to get a read eventually.

With the Swine Flu going around... this is definitely a lurker I want to rattle.

vote: Death the Hogfather

*DGB*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:18 am

I am willing to hammer A&B if the claim is unsatisfactory. My second head agrees.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim can take a lifetime.

*DGB*

==============
There's some bug somewhere, I WAS logged in as Zaphod.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:25 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:
Unvote, vote Zaphod
. Something still feels off to me about DGB's play here, and it's more than being generally bummed. -RR
It's because of idiotic unsupported votes like yours that I'm "generally bummed" and on my merry way to retiring.

I would be willing to by A&B claim but the reluctance to claim is highly indicative of an anti-town role.

unvote, vote: A&B
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 am

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:A&B refuses to claim. We can lynch him now.
This post ^^^

Also, not posting under your hydra name is uber confusing.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 am

Apples and Banana wrote:Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.
I take this as confirmation that you are a SK.

Hammer please before he kills a townie.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 am

roflcopter wrote:hey zaphod why are you ignoring post 41 even after a second request for you to acknowledge it?

i say we pick someone for a+b to kill and then lynch him. my choice for that kill is zaphod.
Aw, there we go again, I'm scum in every game. You're half the reason why I'm not going to play anymore after I finish my current commitments.

A&B said he already submitted his kill.

I'm happy to be lynched in any game I have the misfortune of having signed up for with you in it.

Don't forget to post under your hydra name next time.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #9) » Thu May 07, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm extremely sorry that the Plum half here has been very busy and DGB has been pulling out hydra's weight here in Beta. I'm making a super awesome recap of the entire game thus far.
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills),
This seems to imply knowledge of the SK vs. Vig option.
I don't see what benefit that gave - the scum wouldn't have inside knowledge, and I don't see it very much pointing to an SK implying that the second kills each action period aren't SK kills. Any inside knowledge would indicate Vig, so why out this (note that I don't personally think it indicates either; I'm concerned with sex club's thought process here)?

PoketheAlpaca makes a very noticeably useless post:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:I agree with everyhting PF has said.
Ill reread later.
Yeah. Especially in this game we're looking for all posts to have substance and useful contribution - extreme post conservation is not necessary and probably not optimal. But avoiding pure fluff is a very good thing, and pure fluff is a pretty bad thing. However, the next post by the pair catches the same concern I had with sex club as noted above.
Pesco Light wrote:And you say this without signing your post. And I've already given you my stance. This doesn't cut it.

So, anyway, on that note, I'll add an
FoS: Every post signer
Pesco Light, I understand why you think that signing posts might not be your stuff and why you might think it's not optimal. I don't see you explain, up to that point, why it's so clearly optimal to avoid signing posts and why scum would have a strong motivation to sign their posts that you think this is at all a viable FOS.

Following my train of thought on sex club:
sex cub wrote:I'm more just wondering where RWishbone cooked up those numbers. And we all know a vig is in the game, the knowledge he displayed would actually suggest he knows there isn't a vig in the game.
If by Vig you mean 'either Vig or SK' it would suggest that one or both of you hasn't read the Mod's first post carefully and deduced that there's definitely one or the other, but not both.
Incamnito wrote:I propose we simply lynch them. Now. And then see what people have to say about that.
Unless they want to try helping the town, that is.
Bit
hasty?
Zmd wrote:Fuuny how Hoopla/Ort calls Poke's wagon opportunistic and then jumps on the new popular wagon.

Unvote, Vote Ortohoops
Ortohoops' vote was on A&B for gut + a vote that
looked opportunistic
. It's one thought and the train there is straight. It was much less opportunistic-seeming than A&B's - they jumped a wagon with a mere 'I agree with Yosariwen". One hopes for more elaboration, especially in a game where concentration of substance is even more important than usual. Thus I kinda dislike this vote on Ortohoops.
Apples and Banana wrote:
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:Why has apples and bananas wagon died? Because they decided to try to look like they're playing the game? All they did was agree with Yosariwen's point and hide behind them. Agreeing is fine. Wagoning is fine. No original thinking = scum.
You expect all 12 hydras in the game to all have completely original thoughts on different players by page
TWO
? Its a game where conserving posts is essential, and you're trying to say I'm Scum for not having said much by page TWO?
You might have elaborated, mentioned other things which had caught your eye, looked worthy of comment and/or shady. It'll be my mantra: "Not conservation of posts! Consistent concentration of substance!" So yeah, basically, I am seeing A&B as fairly scummy by this point.
Incamnito wrote:Now, I did vote Hogfather... but I don't recall saying it was for only 1 post. I don't like his tone, and I don't like this so-called "character" he is using. In this thread OR in the sign-up thread.
If he was using the character in the signup thread it's iobviously not indicative of alignment, especially puttering about the RVS. What about his "tone" pinged your scumdar (or was it unidentifiable gut matter?)? It seems DGB likes you at this point, but I'm less certain right now; my eyes aren't exactly imploding, if you get my drift.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I am willing to hammer A&B if the claim is unsatisfactory. My second head agrees.
Absolutely.
Apples and Banana wrote:68 - Explains that he thinks wasting posts isn't scummy, and that Scum actually probably won't do it...WHAT? I think he knows exactly if the Scum are or aren't wasting posts.
Unvote, Vote: Ortohoops
He explains why scum, while they have a moderate motivation to spam with fluff posts they have at least as much to make sure not to
blatantly
post fluff (bringing the far-off recharge closer by a tiny bit versus not drawing undue attention to themselves and not looking like hypocrites when they jump on townies who've done it). Ortohoops' thought process doesn't look scummy (I'm not sure I entirely agree, however) and does not in any way seem to indicate inside knowledge of scum tactics over the far more likely application of decent reason and deduction. Vote reeks. Also, why no claim? You're going to be wasting our time here . . .

Another refusal to claim? Scum determined to make us use as many posts as we're willing to before going off and dying? HOUSTON ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO.
Apples and Banana wrote:Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.
Beep beep beep. This sort of argument, whether made by town or scum, always seems to make me want to pull out my own wisdom teeth. Luckily they're already gone.
Apples and Banana wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I take this as confirmation that you are a SK.

Hammer please before he kills a townie.
I've submitted a kill for this cycle anyways. Don't waste any more posts on my wagon, let me help hunt for the actual Scumgroup.
Yeah, you confirmed DGB's thought right there.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Zaphod = Town (free pass)
For a lot of this game I seem to recall you saying you weren't comfortable with us on a gut level. Why the mind change?

Caught the SK; excellent. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis. Grrr :).
J-Scope wrote:Zaphod: Why are your posts so short? That looks more like DGB style than Plum style. Has Plum said much?
No, Plum hasn't, and she apologizes profusely and promises to pick up the slack, as above.

PoketheAlpaca: No votes in the game besides the random ones. First actual scumhunt-related point comes in his Post 4, and it's not discussed in much depth, either. Next post is longer and ostensibly more substantial, but all we come out with is "Oh, not much to discuss except I have a few under-explained vibes".

Vote: PoketheAlpaca
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #10) » Thu May 14, 2009 4:07 am

I am back from V/LA.

Any urgent matter?

*DGB*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:36 pm

@ Yosariwen

I don't understand why you're voting RW when Poke is another main suspect of yours, has a far larger wagon, and you think Poke may be RW's buddy. To wit: "*10. PoketheAlpaca (PokerFace+populartajo) : Along with the other things that have been pointed out, possible link to Raging Wishbone, in this post where he defends Raging wishbone. "
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:26 am

shaft.ed wrote:God this game mechanic is painful.

RW for the love of God could you PLEASE not quote entire walls of text to reply with one line. PLEASE!@!!

Yos
You're grandstanding that all this resistance to your RW case indicates he's being protected by scum buddies. Yet many game players haven't posted since your case. Furthermore, the problem people have with your RW case is not the case itself it's your apparenty hypocrisy. You state that it's imperative that town lynch 2-3 times this action phase, list PtA as your second suspect, state you'd be happy with his lynch, but derail the wagon on PtA to push your RW case. This is clearly a logical inconsistency. Also most of your RW case surrounds the A&B vote shenanigans. I'd be amazed if you don't recall RW's voting on your wagon in Alpha.

RW
For the love of God...see above. I'm getting a townish read off of RW for what it matters.

Trotsky
Your answer to my querry is lacking.
Korts wrote:the vig claim would obviously be stupid as mafia, it was from zaphod's initial ignorance of the a+b wagon that we suspected her, and the sudden switch and hard push on it implied hard bussing--which we would expect dgbscum to do in such a case.
This still doesn't address why you would then ask A&B to kill Zaphod. At that point in time you knew A&B was very unlikely mafia, you just admitted as such.

If you don't see you're name in bold tags here you aren't posting enough. Get off your ass and post.
Hey shaft.ed I didn't know you were in this game... you might be upset at the innuendo suggested by one of the hydra's name... give my regards to your wife.

I agree with the above extracts from your post. I could definitely give a Trotsky or RW lynch a shot. As in, a shot in the head.

Come to think of it, one half of Trotsky has a self-confessed history of lurking to scum victories.

unvote, vote: Trotsky
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #13) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 am

Frog Dodging wrote:I also think trotsky's seesawing on the a&b wagon is more likely town than scum. Overall, I have a slightly scummy vibe from them but I'm happier lynching ZMD.
It depends on which half. The half that likes to lurk to victory is also the one that tunnels like mad when town. So seesawing and lurking would lean scum - heavily.

I say Trotsky is the lynch for today.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #14) » Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 am

It's not normal for Trotsky to lurk and be so un-roflcopter-like. In fact, this is very much roflcopterscum meta terrritory.

I don't need a wall of text to explain that, do I?

I think we should lynch Trotsky now. I'll be happy to support an RW lynch tomorrow.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:03 pm

For once in my life - I'd swear that adding a megapost to this game would make me sick. That, among other things, is making it fairly hard for me to really get into this game. I'll try to put in more effort and do my best here. Right now, my best will hopefully be fairly concise. PREVIW EDIT: Sorry, nevermind; that didn't really happen.

Sex Club. Before I forget, noting that I have seen Elvis-GF bus a buddy not under too much overt suspicion. Gut, though, agrees with J-Scope: PtA isn't a likely buddy of Sex Club.

Hm. Not sure how much that means in either direction, but I found it skimming around. Putting it up on the corkboard for now.

Whether or not scum will post fluff is a WIFOM storm. If it's excessive, why, we've already discussed at length why that's very anti-town. Otherwise there are two balancing WIFOM elements - scum may jump on fluffy stuff which isn't excessive, or scum may attempt to post semi-fluff. I'll deal with it on a case-by-case basis, but theory arguments like this, especially in a game weighed down by megaposts, are derailing.

Yosariwen, I need you to detail what about Sex Club's posting during the A&B lynch looked so notably pro-town, please. Also - you thought the wagon was either scum-supported or not opposed by the scum. Can you pinpoint what gave you this feeling?

I'm still trying to decide what exactly I'm feeling off that post of Yosariwen's. However, the recent development of the Sex Club flip has definitely led me to question the PtA wagon - which I was on, basically.
Ortohoops wrote:I think Yoswen is scum with PTA and is trying both to derail his wagon and tie RW to him if he gets lynched regardless and flips scum.
Post. Rubs me the wrong way.

By the way, PtA, my post under the Plum account was a bit mixed up - I think it seemed that I was making a response to you, which you commented on, which was actually directed at RW. I was being called off the computer and didn't have time to preview my post and realize that my copy/pasting had often been in wrong sections of that post.

I still believe that the general attack on me for my analysis of A&B &c. is weak and the fact tells more about my general playstyle than my alignment.

Ah, I see what I was feeling about Yosariwen's post: Probably town player working hard to put together an analysis of a game they're not quite feeling, being a bit frustrated. Unless he's lying about spending two hours on Post 179 . . . I'm getting the vibe of a true attempt at scumhunting from someone frustrated with the game.

RW, I don't always expect great things of you, but your case on Yosariwen frankly sucks. I do not see a compelling enough meta argument to begin to justfy your vote there. Wait. Wait wait wait. I noticed that Sex Club was early on the A&B wagon. Where was RW? His random vote went there. Then Sex Club came along, then Pesco Light (now Nybs) then Trotsky (PtA, let this be a mini-analysis of that wagon looking for possible scum opportunism &c., as you asked; it was a reasonable request). This is all on page 1-2. Sex Club also attacked PtA early.
SexClub wrote:Why has apples and bananas wagon died? Because they decided to try to look like they're playing the game? All they did was agree with Yosariwen's point and hide behind them. Agreeing is fine. Wagoning is fine. No original thinking = scum.
This was when the first PtA wagon seemed to be overtaking the A&B one. Curious, curious - also screwing with my read on what Sex Club may be up to.

@Kmd
, I think I've learned how to read you; come back moar plz so I can do that kthx.

Gah, RW wasn't voting much as the A&B and PtA wagons were competeing early on. However:
Raging Wishbone wrote:People seem fixtated on the idea that we should only lynch once per action block. This is how things work in regular games, but I don't see why this should be how things will work here. The more and the earlier we lynch, the less kills scum have, the better. I therefore suggest we try writing fewer posts, with more content. I'm not saying people should be terrified of posting, but saying more in fewer posts gains us valuable space. I think people should try treating this game as a form of Verbose Mafia, and only post when they either have a substantial point (which doesn't require the post to be long) to make or several small ones. For example, despite being an entirely valid point, this:
pesco-town wrote:Gut read isn't as conclusive as a post of making a scummy excuse.
could've waited until he had more to say. And of course, "I'll reread later" posts and the such are entirely redundant. This approach may slow down the game a bit, but I think the gain is worth it and anyways our energy is more needed elsewhere.

That, and I think we should be much more lenient towards lynching than we usually are. Again, lynching doesn't cost us scumkills here. Wasting too many posts on not lynching does. So go violence!

DGB feels highly unnatural here, on top of being sorta useless thus far.
Vote Zaphod Beeblebrox
. The Apples and Bananas wagon is good too.
Um, wait. Here you advocate not wasting posts on not lynching, and seem to like the A&B wagon, but don't elaborate on either
and
vote for the one of us less likely to be lynched quickly? Tis odd, and by odd I mean shadyish, suspect.
Death the Hogfather wrote:alpaca's contentless posts do not sit well with me, and neither do A&B's.
vote: applesandbanana
A&B's overdefensiveness combined with the hypocritical attempt to shift the wagon onto alpaca make them seem more likely scum to me, but based on the interactions, I am reasonably sure that exactly one of them is scum.
Hold on a sec. Pity you replaced out; otherwise
WHAT THE HECK
THIS
HERE IS REAL SETTING-UP LYNCHES
. Ojando, if you happen to have any insights as to the thought process here, feel free to share them. If anyone can tell whether Death mean scum as in Mafia (as opposed to scum as in any anti-town-aligned player), I'd be much obliged; that's be useful.

Back to RW. After maybe trying not to lynch A&B so darn quickly, or something, whatever it was, he votes them to L-1 (they'd been there on and off for about that whole page) for 'being scum'. That's about the most explicit he got there.
Yosariwen wrote:"Feh, ZMD's most recent post is sparse and almost purely responsive. Everything about his post is watered down and galvanized only by questions. Even his case and vote are forced in order to refute ShaftedSex."
Har. Noting this observation for posterity.

Also RW, why did you unvote Yosariwen when they were still your top suspect??? Whence comes this new read on them?

Wait, shaft.ed attacks Yosariwen's case on RW? My scumdar, vacillate no more (please; it's very late at night). Also see his claim of a townish read on RW in the same post. Excellent stuff, the element of surprise, I must say.
Nybs wrote:On Zaphod Beeblebrox, I see the case being pushed against them as wobbly. I could see town do the 'gloating' at the sk lynch too.
For the record, there was one line in there which may have read as personal gloating which wasn't meant to be. It may have been read as 'Good, I caught the SK'; I mean 'Good, the SK has been caught'. If this makes any difference to anyone. In other news, I approve of Nybs' idea, I guess; I don't approve of her support for a Yosariwen lynch.

Recent events make me feel less confident that PtA is likely scum, more convinced that RW is likely scum.
WaltWishbone wrote:[quote="Zaphod Beeblebrox"I agree with the above extracts from your post. I could definitely give a Trotsky or RW lynch a shot. As in, a shot in the head.
I am so glad you agreee with the above, but no where in SexEd's post did she indicate she wanted me lynched... Spin conversations much?[/quote]

'Oh noes, shaft.ed's subtle defenses of me aren't taking root in the minds of the town!'? Fair possibility. Hmph.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Not hating this plan, BUT I dont want to quick lynch people I think are town... I also would like to here what my partner says when he gets back, but, at this point this is the best scum read I have....

FOS: Trotsky
FOS: ZMD
No! Remember, even you noted that we're sorta on a post budget here! Always having your vote somewhere is especially necessary. FOSes with out votes are suspicious.
Trotsky wrote:i haven't completely gone through all of the monster posts that have been made recently, but i will be getting together with my other head and doing that soon. a cursory glance up the page after this shaft.elvis death gives me a warm fuzzy about zaphod's chances of being a scumpartner.
Specifically, why are you getting this warm fuzzy feeling???

PtA, I see you don't feel that shaft.ed's post saying he had a town vibe on RW points to RW being his scumbuddy, but I can't exactly tell why not. Elaborate, please.

Unvote; Vote: Raging Wishbone

Possibly a better lynch than Trotsky (I need some converse with DGB on the matter), probably more likely to happen in a more agreeable timeframe. Maybe - here's Nybs' list with my edits:

Whom I'm willing to lynch now (update it as you post):
1. Zaphod Beeblebrox (0)
3. Zmd (0)
4. Trotsky(3): nyballosulgniirkps, ZMD, Zaphod Beeblebrox
5. Ojando (1): ZMD
7. Yosariwen (1): nybaloosulgniirkps
8. Ortohoops (1): ZMD
9. sex w/ shafteds wife club(0):

10. PoketheAlpaca (0):
11. nyballosulgniirkps (0):
12. Raging Wishbone (1): Zaphod Beeblebrox
13. J-Scope (0):
14. Frog Dodging (0):
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #16) » Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 am

Trotsky wrote:zaphod did you consider that it is the game mechanic making us lurk and not some vague meta argument that you a) apparently based on only one of our heads and b) couldn't be arsed to prove anyway?
No excuses, I have never, ever seen you lurk. Furthermore, as of late, I also have never, ever seen you fail to stubbornly tunnel on me. I must therefore conclude that you are scum.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #17) » Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am

Trotsky wrote:given that every time you've seen me stubbornly tunnel on you i've been town your point seems to fail on a most basic level.
That's exactly what I said. Your FAILURE to stubbornly tunnel on me means that you're scum.
Trotsky wrote:while you're here, why oh why won't you answer that simple question i asked you ages and ages ago? its been quoted at least three times already to remind you to answer it.
I don't remember it, and everything you do is to irritate me anyway, so buzz off, scum. I don't care to answer your questions or interact with you but for the fact that you're a scumbag in this game and you should be dead already.

DIE
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Thu May 28, 2009 9:40 am

You're not tunneling on me to the point of insanity. Therefore you are scum. Or maybe you'll start tunneling now, to fit that part of your town-meta more closely. And thus this game will become another hell whose end I will pray for.

If it "doesn't seem like me," well, too bad. It is me.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Thu May 28, 2009 10:37 am

I, Plum, will be V/LA till say Saturday evening - I'll probably be able to get a post together before the weekend ends if DGB doesn't cover stuff in my absence but I won't have that much time on my hands until Tuesday evening.

Zmd - yeah, that was me, actually. I don't know if you forgot that I was just recently scum with you, and I didn't mention that I was skimming some Little Italy games, saw you in LYLO, and knew you were the scum . . . and you've been scum in a fair amount of the games we've played together. But anyway, you know.

I need to reprocess Ojando and reconsider whether RW is scummy or just, as Frog Dodging put it, not playing too brightly overall. Ojando, the first thing you say about us is
Ojando wrote:We dislike Zaphod 141 A&B section. A&B was finito already. Don't see any other reason for this to be there than just to self-congratulate, playing up that their hydra was eagerly calling for the finishing votes of the lynch.
I already explained, at this point, why an A&B section got included in that post: I needed to do major catching-up because I'd only had time to focus on the Alpha game, did a major reread-with-analysis post, and saw no compelling reason to excise the A&B section that I'd already written. I was attempting only to let the Town see all my thoughts and notes as I read through the game; when catching up, this is normal for me, and says nothing besides Plum playing as she usually does; quite null. Why did/do you see only self-congratulatory, apparently scummy emphasis on good work done by my other head and the other players?

I wouldn't be asking except that it seems that you've started to see it as fairly damning on my part.
Ojando wrote:There’s a distinct difference between gloating and what I interpreted it as, which was drawing attention to an apparent town-move. Gloating is something anyone would do, trying to ensure that everyone knows that you’re awesome at scum(sk)hunting is something that scum would do or a townie under pressure, which you weren’t, as far as I recall.
No, I wasn't. I was a rereader taking notes and thoughts and posting them all. I'm not sure why you so insistently believe that there was more scummy motivation to draw attention to the fact that over the course of my reread I attacked A&B to some degree and the fact that DGB also did than null motivation to do a thorough reread post to really catch up. I did not gloat personally and I did not try to ascribe the catching of the SK to myself or otherwise emphasize my part in it. Clarifying that point was what I tried to do, but you took it and tried to make it out as a scum move, which it would be under no circumstances.
Ojando wrote:This seems like a stretch, he was clearly going to post again before we got close to another lynch. If it was going to continue and he basically ould have refused to vote, ok, but this was hardly a telling point against RW.
Not voting is usually itself a pretty decent scumtell, in my humble opinion, and I don't see any real reason for RW to not have voted one of his suspects in the post in question.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:And thus this game will become another hell whose end I will pray for.
*pats head*

I've also become frustrated and decided to self-medicate, prescribing a gut-based system of attack. Well, not fully gut-based, because I have too much principle for that, unfortunately. In fact, I don't even have the spine to vote Ojando at this point, even though I basically feel that I should.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:23 am

Just checking in to say that I'm pleased with the Trotsky wagon. Furthermore, Trotsky's lukewarm reaction doesn't sit well for a townie, increasing my confidence that he's scum.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 am

Trotsky wrote:i missed this little nugget the first time around i guess
raging wishbone wrote:I CANT vote ZAPHOD (Although my oarner wanted too)...maybe you can but I wont because she WROTE in this BETA game the "reason she was leaving mafiascum forever was because of being accussed of being scum when she was TOWN?"... I mean don't that mean nothing to you?
lynch all lurkers mafia

amnesia mafia

these are just some of the games i assume dgb was actually referring to as her "reason to leave mafiascum forever." dgb being the classy and sportsmanlike lady she is would not refer to ongoing games in a rant about leaving the site.
FTR, I believe I complained about certain players thinking I'm "scum in every game." I don't recall commenting on my actual alignment in any of these games.

In any event - my read was correct. Unfortunately, it'll be difficult to search for linkages with a SK.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of scum on Trotsky's wagon, because beyond gut reads, there wasn't much of a case, roflcopter's habit of lurking as scum gave him away.

Trotsky wagon: ZMD, Ortohoops, Frog Dodge, nyballs, RW, Pokethe Alpaca

I'm very sad not to be on that list, but paradoxically I'd be delighted to vote any player that is on it. How 'bout that.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 am

@ Jscope: I only said I'd be "delighted" to vote an opportunistic player on the Trotsky wagon. I said nothing about the players off the wagon. Is that a problem for you? Are your scumpals on the wagon?

@ Ortohoops: yes, the meta read was quite unambiguous. However, not all players on the wagon had this meta read, did they? Those may be opportunistic scum.

Let's see where this goes:

vote: Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am

I'd say #2.

We're doing progress though. I like this game. Trotsky flipping SK may have something to do with it.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

Zmd wrote:Also, this is gonna piss some people off, but if I get near a lynch, I won't claim. Enough people see me as scummy that I can accept my own lynch instead of being lynched later when we have less mislynches availible to us. And if I were to survive the lynch, I have the scum WIFOMing over my role and trying to decide if they need to worry about me or not. All I am going to say is that if I am a power role, I have no valuable information to share yet. That's as close to a claim as I am getting even if I am at L-1 with everyone else threatening to hammer. Take it how you will, but that's what I am doing and I'm set on that.
My partner and I were going to post a big case on RW, but now with ZMD's admission of guilt, there isn't much point.

Here's what I had:
I wrote:Votecount as of post 213:

PoketheAlpaca: 3 :Ortohoops, J-Scope, Ojando
Raging Wishbone: 2 :Yosariwen, nyballosulgniirkps,
Trotsky: 2 :Zmd, Zaphod Beeblebrox,
Ortohoops: 1 :PoketheAlpaca
zmd: 1 :Frog Dodging,

=========================

Votecount as of post 238:

Raging Wishbone: 4 :Yosariwen, nyballosulgniirkps, Zaphod Beeblebrox, J-Scope
Zaphod Beeblebrox: 2 :Trotsky, Ojando
PoketheAlpaca: 1 :Ortohoops,
Frog Dodging 1 :J-Scope,
Trotsky: 1 :Zmd,
Ortohoops: 1 :PoketheAlpaca
zmd: 1 :Frog Dodging,
J-Scope: 1 :Raging Wishbone

============================

The scum is RW.

Frog Dodging may be his scumpal judging by post #260.
My other hydra head had much more - the case should be coming soon.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 am

Oh I forgot, this was the rationale:
I wrote:WAIT - what was the alternate wagon???

Whoever was "saved" by the Trotsky lynch has got to be scum.
That'd be RW.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:29 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:meh, you did comment on your aligment here....
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
roflcopter wrote:hey zaphod why are you ignoring post 41 even after a second request for you to acknowledge it?

i say we pick someone for a+b to kill and then lynch him. my choice for that kill is zaphod.
Aw, there we go again, I'm scum in every game. You're half the reason why I'm not going to play anymore after I finish my current commitments.

A&B said he already submitted his kill.

I'm happy to be lynched in any game I have the misfortune of having signed up for with you in it.

Don't forget to post under your hydra name next time.
Where the heck do I say that I was
ACTUALLY
scum or town? I said he accused me of being scum from the get go in every game. Thank for for providing the proof that I did not comment on my alignment.

@ Yosarian:
Zmd is barely under attack. He may be the first wagon of the day. But already he's throwing in the towel, refusing to claim, accepting his lynch, but soft-claiming a power role in the hope that he'll be spared without risk of being counterclaimed, or being accountable. And we are warned we won't get more at L-1 with everyone salivating to hammer. That's scumtalk.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:19 am

w00t

Voting for RW but it's a toss up with Zmd.

vote: RagingWishbone
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 am

DIE SCUMS DIE

Bumpee bump bump
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:12 am

w00t!

Zmd vs. RW

Not that it matters, both need to die.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:59 am

Free from the pressure to put together one huge AMAZING case on RW, I can put up all the stuff I have so far. Yeehaw.
PoketheAlpaca wrote:To clarify, are you saying you often review dead players OR is that generally meant in the playstyle context of just joining a game? Can you present a link to a completed game where you have done that sort of thing before?
In the playstyle context of just joining a game/catching up on a lot of stuff midgame that's happened without me (my post in question in this game was much more akin to the former). Here is an excellent example of this; I missed the first few (fairly dense, if I recall - that whole game was pretty dense . . .) pages of a game and reviewed it in that stream-of-consciousness style. I was a Vanilla Townie there. Again, this is my playstyle indicative of null Plum only in my humble opinion.
Sando wrote:

Zaphod:
Caught the SK; excellent. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis. Grrr Smile.
I did not gloat personally and I did not try to ascribe the catching of the SK to myself or otherwise emphasize my part in it.
The top quote looks awfully like gloating. If you’re saying that you personally didn’t gloat but your other half may have, then I’m not going to accept that as an explanation. What 1 half does reflects on the other half.
I meant to clarify what I meant by that quote. One objectively might take that quote of mine in different ways.

1. I/my hydra buddy caught the SK; excellent job on our part. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis [to continue my amazing scumhunting!]. Grrr Smile.

2. The SK has been caught and lynched and is dead; that's excellent news. Now I need to go back for more tells and analysis. Grrr Smile.

I meant interpretation #2 (noting that the town lynched the SK while I was out). I could see that one might interpret it as #1 (personal gloating, including gloating for the work of a hydra buddy); I tried, and continue to try, to clarify.

Again, I am uncertain why you continued to try to argue that I tried to gush to the the town about how awesome my/DGB's scumhunting/SK-catching skills are in some attempt at scummy manipulation as opposed to merely noting things as I did a reread and noting that A&B-SK had been lynched.

Guess what time it is? Yes, it's time I got back into this game &c. - the Trotsky flip helps, as does the fact that I think DGB and I are headed in the same (right) direction: Raging Wishbone. I’ll have to discuss the Zmd situation with her, because I think I see it differently than she does, but I still believe that RW is a more fruitful suspect for now. You see DGB posted what she noticed about the wagons and why she thought that such might indicate RW-scum.

- Questioning J-Scope on what didn't seem to be a very fruitful topic, requesting a screen cap and then denouncing J-Scope for providing the screencap looked like a very ugly tactic to me.

- Early parroting of Ortohoops’ case on Yosariwen (with an added bit of BS, if you’ll pardon me).

Also, some questions for him.
Raging Wishbone wrote: I ain't gonna post a wall of text. It has been stated over and over, but there was something really wrong between Trotsky and Zaphod...one of those two plus jscope is scum.
Trotsky flips SK; now what, in your mind?

^^All this but mostly what DGB said before me: RW looks to be the guy who was 'saved' by the Trotsky lynch.

Why I’m less inclined to vote Zmd
Though on further consideration I agree with my other head that they both need to die

- Kmd is better than this as scum (gah, the WIFOM, I know I know. With his claim of refusal to claim he’s made himself into a liability, and I’m a bit upset about that, yeah.). This also has to do with gut: looks more like Town-Zmd from Alpha than Scum-Kmd I’ve seen . . . in a whole bunch of games. I have reason to believe that as scum, even if his hydra buddy was away from the game he’d be using the scum QT a lot, and that would show (more coherent, less giving up, probably). I’ve
played
with Kmd-scum with daytalk and I don’t think this is what I’m seeing here. Again, this is a minor point which works most from my point of view; objectively it's a bit loaded with WIFOM.

-
”Yosariwen” wrote: "Feh, ZMD's most recent post is sparse and almost purely responsive. Everything about his post is watered down and galvanized only by questions. Even his case and vote are forced in order to refute ShaftedSex."
Actually I’m not sure that Sex Club was attacking Zmd too much, not in a way I can be reasonably sure wasn’t distancing or bussing.

Anyway, this is what I have so far. See y'all soon.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am

Zmd wrote:Um, yeah. RW, explain this.
Raging Wishbone wrote:
VOTE: FrogDodge

Unless we can figure out if A&B was lying... I see no other reason he is not dead. I kinda would like to stick with Occams Razor. ;)
If you knew you protected FD, why did you vote him here with this added on to it?
Sweet catch, Zmd. RW's question dodge is dodgy. If you protected him you sure as hell would have seen why FrogDodge was alive despite A&B's claimed kill and wouldn't have attacked and voted him on suspicion of being a kill-immune SK.
RagingWishbone wrote:[quote="raging wishbone" Our role is a Doctor, we protected frogdodge round one and pokealpca round 2.
I planted some seeds such as asking why frogdoge was still alive

I never attacked him, I asked why he was still alive.
I also have had doubts on his alignment as the game progressed. We sent our protection in before the game started. Just because I have protected frog and poke does not mean they are town.
The vote sure seemed like an attack; it definitely served as one. Nice try, fail lie, scum.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 am

DGB at the helm here.

If I ever say: "
why is so and so still alive
" it NEVER, EVER is a hint that I doc-protected this player. It means that I believe the player is scum and I am growing impatient with the speed of the lynch. Especially when it comes accompanied with a vote.

Besides, a Night 0 choice for a player likely to be killed would hardly be FD.

Ortohoops can hammer.

Should RW flip scum, then things look a lot brighter for Zmd. Though being on the hot seat as he is, Zmd pretty much has no choice but to bus. Oh wait. WIFOM. Never mind.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:Once again ZMD and Zaphod take center stage, so they should be Towns next kill when I flip Town.
You're sounding like Trotsky, haha.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

Zmd wrote:...yet you can''t say that it was me who caught them with their vote :(
No? Did I read too quickly and miss something?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

Love ya, Zaz :D.
Raging Wishbone wrote:I just really can't explain this any better than I have.
Didn't think so, but the extremely scummy internal contradiction still stands.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Raging Wishbone wrote:I won't reveal who I really protected until the end of the game.
What? I don't get this.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:44 pm

All right,
now
can we get a lynch on the scumbag?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 am

That's a disappointment. I still want to lynch Kmd then. The only reason why I laid off was because I was so sure RW was scum, I couldn't imagine Zmd (as his buddy) bus so hard. Now, that consideration is gone.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:55 pm

But, couldn't YOU be scum, Zmd?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm

Plum wrote:Wow, that was useful.
Sure was. Zmd is confirmed town.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:18 am

It took forever for the scum kill to go through. I'm interested in two players that lurked hard.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 am

J-Scope wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:It took forever for the scum kill to go through. I'm interested in two players that lurked hard.
Do you think the second statement is related to the first? Who are the lurkers you have in mind?
There may be a relation. I can't prove that there is.

DID NOT LURK
1. Zaphod Beeblebrox
3. Zmd
13. J-Scope

LURKED
5. Ojando Death the Hogfather Lurked from June 17-26
8. Ortohoops Lurked from June 12-24
10. PoketheAlpaca June 14-20, June 20-26
11. nyballosulgniirkps Pesco Light June 9-17 and June 17-26
14. Frog Dodging June 9-15, June 15-21

Yosariwen was killed on the 27. Therefore I especially suspect Ojando, PoketheAlpaca, and nyballs (ONLY CONSIDERING LURKING SCHEDULE).

It's possible that some players didn't post under their hydra, let THEM show that they weren't lurking during the intervals stated above. If they do I'll remove the name from the suspicion list.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:51 am

Ojanen wrote:Considering that the rules say pending kills resolve after a lynch anyway, I don't really see the incentive.
What took so long for that one to resolve? It occurred before the lynch, no?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:52 am

Ojando wrote:Ummm?
Yes, it occured before the lynch, but I was asking what you see as the incentive to choose/send in a kill rather earlier than later in the day (that seemed to be the tacit assumption behind thinking the kill took forever to happen)? Cause it must have been sent in 26th or 27th and that coincides with RW's claim and the drama that was seeming to end the day soon and the doc's target named, which I thought would have been relevant.
True, except that Yosariwen had little to do with said drama.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 am

We have 3 scum left, not 2?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 am

ZMD, you and I are town.

Let's decide who gets lynched.

Look the scum is lurking again.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 am

Frog Dodging wrote:
Vote: zmd

I like the analysis of the lurking, particularly as regards to nyballs. They're very experienced players and it's unlikely scum would want to kill without their input.
How does your vote relate to the explanatory sentence below?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 am

Ojando wrote:
Zahop wrote:LURKED
5. Ojando Death the Hogfather Lurked from June 17-26
8. Ortohoops Lurked from June 12-24
10. PoketheAlpaca June 14-20, June 20-26
11. nyballosulgniirkps Pesco Light June 9-17 and June 17-26
14. Frog Dodging June 9-15, June 15-21
Pretty sure from 19 June to 23 June we were in twilight awaiting rule changes. I know we could post, but no votes counted AFAIK, and considering how much work goes into this game, at least prior to the rule changes, it seemed like a convenient time to relax for a bit while waiting for the rule changes.

I think these are going off my timestamps here, and I'm not entirely sure what timestamps this account has given me and Ojanen are in diff timezones. But yeah, there was a 3-4 day period there where we were in twilight.
But then what about the couple of days immediately before the kill?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:17 am

ortolan wrote:vant*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:19 am

ortolan wrote:why is Zmd town Zaphod especially in light of RW's flip?
He's not lurking. I like that in Zmd.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 am

Frog Dodging wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Vote: zmd

I like the analysis of the lurking, particularly as regards to nyballs. They're very experienced players and it's unlikely scum would want to kill without their input.
How does your vote relate to the explanatory sentence below?
I would have thought it was pretty clear that it didn't.
Yeah, that's pretty clear, however, I am incredulous that you'd vote one player without explanation, throwing in a random sentence that you don't follow through.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:50 am

Zmd wrote:Ok, here's an idea. DGB know that I'd never put one of these up by my own choice if I were scum and she were in the game because it screwed us over in Medieval. (Also gives my opinions for later use after I'm lynched)
WIFOM! You are scum pushing the WIFOM card. Which you also did in Medieval, by stating that the zwet lynch was scum driven. Which it was, ALL the scum was on it.
Zmd wrote:Zaphod, if you are truly town, it's likely that JScope is scum.
Which contradicts:
Zmd wrote:SCUM LIST!

Likely scum:
Zaphod Beeblebrox
J-Scope
I smell a rat and I am ready to hammer you for it.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:56 am

TO restate.

I believe that Zmd is scum for throwing a false track (his scum list) which he probably designed to be especially misleading since he got caught by it in Medieval Mafia.

Another thing he did in that game was to participate in a full-scumteam Day 1 bus'ing of zwet. He specifically said that the zwet wagon was scum-driven (that's his attempt as scum to WIFOM the town).

I perceive another similar attempt to WIFOM us, this time, by providing a scumlist.

I am as certain as could be that Zmd is scum.

He must die.

Whoever is willing to put him at L-1, I will hammer.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:24 am

Zmd wrote:First, when the hell is MS going to stop being so scared of WIFOM and call every little thing "OMG SCUM WIFOM"?
I know WIFOM that's planted by scum, from the regular day to day WIFOM. Your kind of WIFOM is scum-planted WIFOM.
Zmd wrote:
DGB wrote:Another thing he did in that game was to participate in a full-scumteam Day 1 bus'ing of zwet. He specifically said that the zwet wagon was scum-driven (that's his attempt as scum to WIFOM the town).
I was being a dick and showing Camn that my Gambit had merit and only failed originally because it was scum that I was looking at and Zwet was town there, so it worked.
No, zwet was scum, you were scum. What you say makes no sense and is in no way related to my postulate, which is that you like to plant WIFOM as scum.

Such as declaring that the zwet wagon was scum-driven.

When zwet was scum, and being bus'ed by his entire scum team, including you.
Zmd wrote:Btw, my no claim was an attempt to draw a scum kill before.
I'm not buying that. It was a soft fakeclaim. Otherwise, wou would in fact have been killed for it.
Zmd wrote:DGB seems to be honestly looking for scum.
And I honestly found some! YOU!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #55) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:01 am

Zmd wrote:Actually, I was making a true statement. Zwet was town and his wagon was scum driven.
My bad, I'm confusing this with another game (Lynch All Lurkers) where zwet was bus'ed Day 1 by his whole scumteam. Except for this detail, my conclusion remains.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #56) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:12 am

Zmd wrote:Heh, I wasn't in that game.
I know that. You were in Medieval where you spread the joy of scum WIFOM quite freely.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:22 am

Zmd you're pulling at my heartstrings and now I think you're town again.

Who's the scum?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:54 pm

One half of Zaphod will be VLA July 7-14.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #59) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Half-Zaphod is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

May I be of assistance?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #60) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Ojando wrote:There was no kill last game day.

I'm also currently trying to reread.
THIS needs elucidation.

Am I right that the scum is lurking?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:29 pm

J-Scope wrote:I think the no-kill could be the result of a power role, though there's nothing to indicate that either way.
If the no-kill is a byproduct of a roleblocker, someone knows who a scum is.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

Ojando wrote:Zaphod, what do you mean by the elucidation comment? Ojanen's post seems very clear to me, are you saying that it deserves more comment on how/why there was no kill, or are you actually asking for clarification of the post?
It needs "elucidation" as in "solving the mystery of why there was no kill." No "clarification" is needed.
Ojando wrote:Zaphod, are you still basing you suspicions off whoever lurked and didn't? It was a pretty weak argument when you first brought it up and claimed that people lurking through a twilight with rule changes pending was scummy, and you seem to have backed off actually accusing anyone and just saying that scum are lurking, loosely based around no kill yesterday.
It's not a full and convincing argument, but a small point we may want to consider.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:33 am

populartajo wrote:Why is a roleblocker the first thing that comes to your mind?
We lynched a doctor that was not counterclaimed. I suppose there are possibilities beyond roleblocker, but I was too intellectually lazy to think about them since we don't have claims out there.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #64) » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 am

J-Scope wrote:There were 3 trackers in alpha. Why not multiple roles here?
I forgot about that.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #65) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

If no one has information about foiling the NK, I'm going to assume that the scum failed on their own.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #66) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 am

Gawd.

PoketheAlpaca is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO town.

I'm also against a no-lynch.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #67) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:56 am

HEY GUYS I JUST NOTICED

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Look at the number of SKs, mafia; look at the number of kills.

If SKs don't submit a kill, someone is chosen randomly by the mod.

This mechanism doesn't appear to apply to mafia.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #68) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:47 pm

I know it's working backwards, but I see no compelling reason to let nyballs live one more day.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #69) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:20 am

Ojando wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I know it's working backwards, but I see no compelling reason to let nyballs live one more day.
This is pretty extreme considering we're pretty near to lylo and you've never really mentioned suspecting nyball before as far as an iso skim told me.
It is extreme. I think PoketheAlpaca is town. Everything else is a blur. Nyballs in particular seems disenganged. Maybe to the point of forgetting to send in a kill?
nyball wrote:You said you're not "entirely opposed" to a Trotsky lynch although preferred RW, you didn't count the votes carefully, you acted on impression that things were moving towards Trotsky. It just seems like eagerness at getting any lynch (mislynch at that from mafia pov).
That was a divergence of opinion between my hydra heads. Plum wasn't so keen on Trotsky begin scum and I (DGB) was as convinced as humanly possible. Our disagreement was such that Plum unvoted without me realizing it.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 am

No-lynch is a terribad idea. As usual, it means the next kill is the scum's, and totally out of our hands. The next kill would be 100% a townie. At least with a lynch we have a shot at getting rid of scum.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #71) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Ortolan is town. I don't remember his hydra name. But he's town.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #72) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Softclaims are scummy.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #73) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Adel wrote:I'm quiting the site.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #74) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:48 am

Ojando is scum and I can't believe we're no-lynching instead of kicking that scumbag to the curb.

Woe is me.

unvote, vote: Ojando
- maybe we'll get an extension on account of mod replacement.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #75) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm alright with a massclaim.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #76) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:16 pm

I can go first.

Vanilla.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #77) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:14 am

I believe nyballs. I disagree with the target to some extent, but it's done with the pluck of someone who has nothing to hide.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #78) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:23 am

Ojando's target is the most credible one.

Protecting FrogDodging is a little iffy.

Not providing screenshots, is very iffy.

I'm willing to lynch FrogDodging.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 am

vote: Frog Dodging
- not showing proof like the others.

One doctor has got to be scum.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #80) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 am

Let's try again.

vote: FrogDodging
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #81) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 am

I didn't know who was who anymore... it was really hard to zero in on behavior when everyone was posting with their own login, AND the hydra... that was three players posting for each player slot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”