DHSDSM beta: Game Over.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #678 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hi everyone, I didn't help ortolan in this game beyond the first ~8-10 pages. My capacity to read and then analyse massive walls of text isn't great, and I knew I'd probably draw attention to us by deliberately flaunting the posting expectations of the town. I didn't have fun, and I thank ortolan for persevering and sticking out.

I don't think it was a flawed set-up, as such. People just held the unrealistic view that every post should be game-changing or at least rich with content - this never happens in any mafia game. The town screwed itself over by attempting to play an unnatural game, which wasn't necessary. This game only lasted 28 pages, and alpha was about the same (even with players posting frequently) - that's enough for only three scum kills. I think the players ruined the game, not the rules - we should have been able to adapt. There was plenty of posts.

I know Adel put a lot of time into these games, and I think he did a good job, Alpha was an excellent game. Although, I agree with PF about the screenshot argument, it doesn't belong in the game. Having to edit quick topics or forge screenshots shouldn't need to be a necessary skill to be good at mafia.

What did you guys think of using hydra?

I think they're great! In all the others games I play, there's always times when I get well into the game and want to talk about it, and times when I can't be bothered. Hydras are excellent for maintaining interest and then having a second opinion. I definitely support hydra games.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”