charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:54 am

Post by charter »

Vote Count

Gorrad - 1 (WeyounsLastClone)
ElectricBadger - 1 (Kast)
dramonic - 5 (Vaya, Hoopla, Synx, Sajin, ortolan)

Kast - 1 (ElectricBadger)
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 1 (AlmasterGM)
ortolan - 1 (dramonic)

Not Voting

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Gorrad

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is September 12, midnight.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 am

Post by ortolan »

dramonic wrote:then you prove you are scum ortolan, congratulations.

I am a town numbered unit. Gorrad claimed very early that his order was different than the order in this game. When asked, he said his Marshall is ranked 1, which is indeed opposite of the order in this game, proving he is also a numbered unit. Unless the mafia/town characters are arbitrarly chosen, he is town. The fact you miss something so obvious strongly hints you DON'T have a number, from there you are either bomb or flag. Oh look, roles that in general consensus, are mafia.

Vote: Ortolan
this sucks, none of this has any bearing on Gorrad's or my own alignment (additionally there is another reason why your conclusion about the setup is pretty much guaranteed to be wrong, but I'm not going into it because I don't see it as pro-town to do so.)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:13 am

Post by ortolan »

of course, it doesn't decrease the possibility you're scum either, because if you were you'd want to (try to) WIFOM down the lane you are.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:25 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

dramonic wrote:The fact you miss something so obvious strongly hints you DON'T have a number, from there you are either bomb or flag. Oh look, roles that in general consensus, are mafia.
This is weak. Very weak. I think the theory that numbers v. non-numbered is the arbitrary boundary between scum and town is razor thin, personally (it makes no sense for the marshal to be town when he can kill nearly any other unit, for instance). It's certainly not a proof.

Furthermore, you know this:
dramonic wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Yeah, Hoopla, and I'd be a bloody IDIOT if I claimed Spy, Bomb, or Flag.
What's to say Spy, Bomb or Flag aren't town roles? You're pretty well informed for a town role.

FOS:Gorrad
Explain the complete change in opinion or earn a vote, please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ElectricBadger wrote: Furthermore, you know this:
dramonic wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Yeah, Hoopla, and I'd be a bloody IDIOT if I claimed Spy, Bomb, or Flag.
What's to say Spy, Bomb or Flag aren't town roles? You're pretty well informed for a town role.

FOS:Gorrad
Explain the complete change in opinion or earn a vote, please.
Seconded.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 am

Post by dramonic »

If my conclusion are incorrect and you have proof to deny it, then it's fairly anti-town to refuse to help the town find the scum
Also, lack of subtlety Ortolan

It has been established by general consensus that it would be a fairly logical split, considering we aren't identified in the OP

There's a rather clear difference between "What's to say A, B and C aren't town?" and "A, B and C are town."

The only supposition I gave was that the bomb was usually a protown role. If you draw hasty conclusions from my posts because the syntax doesn't convey the message you wanna hear well enough then askfor clarifications.

Also, menaces of quick-hammer, Almaster?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:26 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

ortolan wrote:(additionally there is another reason why your conclusion about the setup is pretty much guaranteed to be wrong, but I'm not going into it because I don't see it as pro-town to do so.)
Then why even mention this?

There is a clear difference, dramonic...but there's an even larger difference between "What's to say A, B and C aren't town?" and "A, B and C are definitely mafia." I'm asking what led you to that conclusion, because there's clearly a change in opinion. As for the consensus, I'm not seeing it, nor am I part of it - and if 'other people are saying it' is your proof, you're definitely trying harder to fit in than to scumhunt.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 am

Post by dramonic »

I simply consider it strange that Charter would arbitrarely choose who is scum without a theme or idea behind it. I think it's a viable possibility, I'm not saying that has got to be it.

Minimally, spy and Marshall, like bomb and ...3 (only played the game in french, the one that can remove bombs) have very low odds of being of the same alignement. I find it more logical to have the army agaisnt the others.

It's not trying to fit in, I believe it too. Pretty sure I've seen quite a few players agree to the army/other split, just have to find them in the topic. I'll make you a list once I'm done.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:45 am

Post by dramonic »

charter wrote:Just to clarify, I'm using the high number wins, so 2 is the lowest and 10 is the highest.
This proves the spy doesn't have a number, on a sidenote.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 am

Post by dramonic »

Hmph, there are less than I thought.

Minimally there is Vaya, Almaster, Gorrad and me that agree with the army/split. I must have illusionned some more, my bad.

Still, barring the general consensus part, I still believe myself, surprisingly, so I'm still willing to lynch Orto
I'm a hoot
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Vaya »

dramonic, that's a really weak reason to vote someone, that you suspect that they may not be numbered and you believe that the not-numbers may be scum. I would think that the only way you could think that it makes him lynch-worthy with any certainty is if you knew the mafia were not-numbered.

Confirm Vote:Dramonic
[/b]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 am

Post by dramonic »

I believe the mafia is not numbered, I don't know it.

All I really know is what I am and that I have a number.
I'm a hoot
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

dramonic wrote:I believe the mafia is not numbered, I don't know it.
Then why would having a number prove Gorrad is town?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 am

Post by dramonic »

because if he has a number he isn't spy, bomb or flag, the three roles I believe are the likely mafia.
I'm a hoot
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

That's not a proof, or even solid evidence; it's a theory, which isn't useless but is far short of what you claimed. I can't think of a townie reason for the misrepresentation; you were either buddying up to Gorrad or trying to protect a scumbuddy.

An ISO shows you've done no scumhunting today; you've coasted, trying to stay below the radar by agreeing with others without helping town. Your 'consensus' reference is solid proof of this.

Finally, your bevy of posts on identifying the setup reads as hunting for something specific (a town flag? PRs?) and outright rolefishing. The many contradictions in your posts lead me to-

Unvote Kast, Vote Dramonic

This places you at L-1; please claim.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

Claim coming, switching computer...
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

I am the Colonel - 8. I'm a vanilla townie.

That's really all there is to it. The pm is a single line if you exclude the confirming line.
I'm a hoot
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Kast »

Quick scan of things-
I read dramonic as incompetent town. He's running with AlmasterGM's scum-backed theory that bomb/flag/spy are mafia.

The sudden jumping of multiple people onto his wagon is probably an effort by mafia to keep EB from swinging.

UNVOTE, Vote: AlmasterGM
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Sajin »

Unvote
while I ponder more.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Kast wrote:The sudden jumping of multiple people onto his wagon is probably an effort by mafia to keep EB from swinging.

UNVOTE, Vote: AlmasterGM
Interesting that you follow that statement by voting for someone NOT on the wagon. Reads more like avoiding the wagon - and possibly bussing - than real scum hunting.

So I'm scum, GM is scum, and the wagon was formed by scum - who do you think was the mafia who rushed to my rescue?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Sajin »

I still like my gorrad vote.
Vote: Gorrad
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Kast »

@EB-
If you were paying attention to the game you'd know AlmasterGM is my top suspect. And of course I'll avoid a wagon of a player I don't think is scum. You're reaching a lot.

If you + one other player on Dramonic's wagon are scum, then Almaster would clearly want to avoid also being on that wagon. Also interesting that AlmasterGM is egging people on to vote Dramonic, but he himself doesn't place a vote.

I'm unclear on Sajin atm. It's hard to get a clear read on Ort since he is playing the same as he has in other games I've played with him. From the vote history, I'd peg Synx. His earlier vote on EB was probably a weak bus that he abandoned when it looked like EB might actually be lynched.

@Dramonic-
You, Vaya, and AlmasterGM are the only ones who have expressed belief that this game would be numbered pieces vs non-numbered pieces. However, even if the majority of players agreed/suspected that were the case, it would not necessarily be true.

Also, I missed this earlier, but it's pretty lame saying the number of lines in your role PM. If that's not breaking the quoting rule, it's pushing it. If you are town, I don't think you're helping us very much and please be much more careful from here out (assuming you aren't mod killed).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by dramonic »

I doubt that counts as quoting my PM, but Charter will be the judge of that.
I'm a hoot
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Kast wrote:I read dramonic as incompetent town. He's running with AlmasterGM's scum-backed theory that bomb/flag/spy are mafia.
Oh yes, because you're 100% sure I'm scum.
Kast wrote:If you + one other player on Dramonic's wagon are scum, then Almaster would clearly want to avoid also being on that wagon. Also interesting that AlmasterGM is egging people on to vote Dramonic, but he himself doesn't place a vote.
How am I "egging" people on? I thought that EB had a good point so I seconded it. Since when is agreeing with people a tell?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by ortolan »

Since when do we unvote on vanilla claims?

Kast who specifically do you feel is diverting attention away from the Electric Badger wagon to the dramonic wagon?
Kast (171) wrote:Also, I missed this earlier, but it's pretty lame saying the number of lines in your role PM. If that's not breaking the quoting rule, it's pushing it. If you are town, I don't think you're helping us very much and please be much more careful from here out (assuming you aren't mod killed).
Attempt to incite mod-kill noted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”