Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

only people who let me live till the night are possible protect targets.

Then yes, porkens, a random number generator.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

popsofctown wrote:only people who let me live till the night are possible protect targets.

Then yes, porkens, a random number generator.
*facepalm*

And what do you think, you're trying to accomplish, telling the scum, who you'll NOT protect? If you feel a grudge at those who want to lynch you (I'm going to be one those people, if you'll keep acting this way), then save it for yourself, and don't make the job easier for the scum even more, than you already did by claiming, will you? :?
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@pops
Two problems I see with that:
1) If you really are doctor, scum will just kill someone who voted for you.
2) You're practically trying to buy unvotes with the promise of doc protection.

Deadline in under two days. I fully intend on voting pops.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Deathrow kitty has made some very good points.

So the protects for votes thing is cancelled. Sorry to everyone who wanted in, you get a full refund.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Col.Cathart #10 or so wrote:I also have some doubts about pops case, but until his or DRK's alignment won't be known, I cannot really accuse him of this. I'll try to reread it again, and I'll be watching his next posts, and we'll see.
Why so waffly?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Col.Cathart wrote:And what do you think, you're trying to accomplish, telling the scum, who you'll NOT protect? If you feel a grudge at those who want to lynch you (I'm going to be one those people, if you'll keep acting this way), then save it for yourself, and don't make the job easier for the scum even more, than you already did by claiming, will you? :?
You sure are making
highly
suspicious comments today, Col.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by afatchic »

Vi wrote:
Cruciare 248 wrote:
afatchic wrote:Because the scum want to eliminate all the PR's, to prevent anything from stopping them at night. So either we lynch someone else, and make them kill the doc, or we kill the doc and let them have a free shot at night.
You seem 100% convinced Pops is actually the doc? :?::!:
↑ Only remotely satisfying post since the last time I showed up. ↑
As i have said, quite a few times, i believe Y.C was town. I think he played exactly like he had a PR. He played like he was gonna go way out on a limb and not care what anyone says, because he had a claim to save himself if needed. That was how i played the only time i ever received a PR (Also Doc). I think porkens was in that game with me...

So with that said, i have no reason to believe he is not a doc. So yeah, i am playing with some certainty that he is the doc. I think it would be an absolute terrible play to lynch a claimed PR today.

I'm gonna reread and comment on a few other things i wanted to comment on last night, but was too tired to do so.

Pops- Can you please make a nice detailed post about each player and your thoughts on them, as well as who you would like to see lynched in the upcoming days and why... Consider this like your last will and testament since a few people have already said they will hammer you at deadline.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding James.Denholm again.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Cruciare wrote:You sure are making
highly
suspicious comments today, Col.
Why? I just said exactly the same thing as DRK post below in point one, but in more annoyed way... Because it is annoying.
Vi wrote:Why so waffly?
Honestly, I'm beginning to wondering myself. I really thought that Y.C was town, so when he replaced in, I thought that he's town as well. His claim is also the factor. But now? My trust in him is shrinking very fast, and at this rate, I'll vote him after next stupid post.

James.Denholm
James.Denholm
Goon
James.Denholm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Post by James.Denholm »

Sorry that I haven't been around for a while guys, it's just that Year 11 has been rather harsh on me this week, and probably will also be for the next. Test, test, State-Assessed-Coursework task, another test, and so on... I haven't even been able to start that analysis I promised you guys, or the one for the fellows in the other game I'm in...

After thought, I've come to a conclusion. If you guys want me to be replaced, I'll be fine with that. That's fair enough, because it isn't much fun to have a player who isn't there all to often.

Actually, now that I think about it more, I realise that my end-of-years will be approaching, so it's probably best that I bow out now rather than later. Sorry once again.
Looking for a replacement, will try to get someone here before tomorrow. I will probably end up pushing the deadline back a day or two just for the sake of giving them time to catch up.
Currently in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12195]Mini 839[/url], [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1838415]Open 165[/url].

Paranoia - It helps!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Lynchem Classic Cinema

Showing Old Time Movies at Value Prices!

1:00 PM Vertigo
4:00 PM Stagecoach
7:00 PM 12 Angry Men
10:00 PM The Godfather
SOLD OUT...

Vote Count 1.6
  • popsofctown
    (Tjoe Min Ja - Cruciare - sigma - Vi - imaginality)

Tjoe Min Ja
    (Col.Cathart - popsofctown)

James.Denholm
    (jammer - Porkens)

jammer
    (afatchic)

Not Voting
    (James.Denholm - DeathRowKitty -
    imaginality
    -
    Porkens
    )
With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
The current deadline is September 12th at Noon CST.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Post by Cruciare »

@Col: Here's the problem.
Col.Cathart wrote:And what do you think, you're trying to accomplish, telling the scum, who you'll NOT protect? If you feel a grudge at those who want to lynch you (
I'm going to be one those people, if you'll keep acting this way
), then save it for yourself, and
don't make the job easier for the scum even more, than you already did by claiming
, will you?
There is a very suspicious contradiction in the presence of both the points bolded above. I'll explain it better when I'm less tired, but basically my interpretation is that this could be an attempt to make yourself look good regardless of how Pops flips. Also, there is something not quite right with attaching the condition 'if you'll keep acting this way' in regard to voting Pops at our present situation.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well, I certainly cannot argue with an interpretation, because everyone has it own. So let me just state my opinion on pops, so there'll be no more misunderstandings.

I still believe, that pops is not a scum, so I got annoyed when he post that last thing, and pointed it out. However, every bullshit he writes makes me believe him less and less, so I gave him a serious warning, that if he want me to still believe him, then he should stop acting that way, or else I'll lose even those remains of trust I still have in his non-guiltyness.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

Why do you need for pops to write more posts before you can come to a decision to vote him?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hey everyone. I'm going to be replacing James. I was reading along with the game but I have kinda lagged the last few pages. It shouldn't take me too long to catch up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Awesome. I'm going to go ahead and push the deadline back to, let's say, Sunday at or around 3:00 PM CST. Please aim to get all of the day's business finalized before then, as, barring any serious problems, I don't see any reason to extend the day longer than that.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Alright caught up. Question time.

popsofctown

Putting TMJ to one side, who else do you suspect, why?

DeathRowKitty

You keep saying that you don't want to lynch the claimed doc, but you haven't done a whole lot to push your case on Jammer either. Why is that?

jammer

Do you always throw your vote around so much?

Cruciare

Despite what others say, I actually like your playing style. I don't have a question for you ATM.

Vi

Why are you voting for Pops? Is the deadline factoring into it?

Tjoe Min Ja

Who else is scummy to you aside from Pops to you?

Porkens

Who's your number one suspect?

Col.Cathart

Your 195 seems to suggest you had stronger reasons to vote DRK over TMJ. Why didn't you switch your vote?

sigma

Why aren't you posting more? I really liked your post 148 but since then you have kinda floated under the radar. It's not good.

afatchic

Can you expand on your feeling that Cruciare is scum?

imaginality

Do you find Vi scummy for her case on you?

Some of these answers will help in forming my final opinions on the players. I'll be posting some more later today.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Vi wrote:Why do you need for pops to write more posts before you can come to a decision to vote him?
Because I'm still not sure, if he's a scum trying to save his hide, or a townie who just says lot's of stupid things. Also, I'm usually giving people far too many chances, they deserve...
Sotty7 wrote:Col.Cathart
Your 195 seems to suggest you had stronger reasons to vote DRK over TMJ. Why didn't you switch your vote?
First of all, hello again Sotty. Pleasure playing with you again ;]

About your question: I don't really know, where did you get that. In 195 and in the next post I stated why my vote stays on TMJ. His play is IMO terrible, and when combined with his early statements, I still think he's more scummy than DRK. Especially, that his
[TMJ's]
play didn't improved, as I hoped. Besides DRK answered all of my questions. For now my case on him is sitting in place to the point, when I'll know either pops or jammers alignment. Or when he'll say something scummy.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Porkens is the most scummy other player. He behaves erratically and he seems more interested in stirring than hunting for scum. His disorganizations seem like a way to make noise rather than find scum.
"Well, I..."
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Porkens »

popsofctown wrote:Porkens is the most scummy other player. He behaves erratically and he seems more interested in stirring than hunting for scum. His disorganizations seem like a way to make noise rather than find scum.
Please point out, specifically, what behavior you are referring to as erratic.

bodyslam: sotty7
;) hai!

Pops reminds me a lot of afatchic in the newbie game afatchic spoke of earlier. The only way to "test" his claim at this point is to lynch him. That isn't worth the risk of loosing our doctor. The next couple days in the game could drastically change the effects of his claim. To be clear: Yes; I am giving pops a free pass on his scummy behavior because he claimed doc.

Leaving the claimed doctor alive is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.

TMJ would be a fine lynch today. Not to take anything away from the efforts of a new player, but his contributions haven't been useful on top of wanting to lynch the claimed doc. TMJ, I believe, is going to be a lingering ?-mark as long as he's around.

therefore:

unvote, Vote TMJ

(still watching that thing)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Yes; I am giving pops a free pass on his scummy behavior
for day one
because he claimed doc.

Leaving the claimed doctor alive
on day one
is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.
EBWOP
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Col.Cathart Post 267 wrote:First of all, hello again Sotty. Pleasure playing with you again ;]
Right back at you. That's why I wanted to replace into this game, it's stock full of players I have played with before and had a good game with, or players I know though association and want to play with. The only players I don't know in that respect are Cruciare and TJM.
Col.Cathart Post 267 wrote:About your question: I don't really know, where did you get that. In 195 and in the next post I stated why my vote stays on TMJ. His play is IMO terrible, and when combined with his early statements, I still think he's more scummy than DRK. Especially, that his
[TMJ's]
play didn't improved, as I hoped. Besides DRK answered all of my questions. For now my case on him is sitting in place to the point, when I'll know either pops or jammers alignment. Or when he'll say something scummy.
Probably from my own perspective. In my opinion your case on TMJ isn't that good. Yeah he said some scummy things, but I think Cruciare's assessment of TMJ in post 135 hits the nail on the head. TMJ might deny he is a newbie, but nothing about his play has shown me that he really knows what he is doing/saying. So it looks like an easy place for scum to park a vote. However your case on DRK is based a little more in actual scum hunting in my opinion and I think would have been a better home for your vote.

However with that said, I would much rather lynch TMJ over Pops today, but neither is my ideal lynch.
Porkens Post 269 wrote:
bodyslam: sotty7
;) hai!
Standing dropkick: Porkens
for old times sake :D

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post Porkens. I won't be voting for Pops today and I will vote TMJ if deadline calls for it.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

However with that said, I would much rather lynch TMJ over Pops today, but neither is my ideal lynch.
The who is, and why?

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I will be going into that ASAP, it ties into some of my questions. If I don't get answers by the end of the day I'll be posting my cases anyway. Can't wait around too long because of the deadline.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 am

Post by sigma »

Welcome to the game, sotty!
That's why I wanted to replace into this game, it's stock full of players I have played with before and had a good game with, or players I know though association and want to play with. The only players I don't know in that respect are Cruciare and TJM.
:| I'm curious -- did I play with an alt of yours? Or did you forget to include me in with Cruciare and TMJ?
sigma

Why aren't you posting more? I really liked your post 148 but since then you have kinda floated under the radar. It's not good.
I don't really have a good excuse. I will say that I've read this thread over a few times, and there just hasn't been a lot that's jumped out at me as being indicative of scum. I'm still fairly new to forum mafia, but I think my playstyle tends to be cautious. My first game was as scum, so that probably exacerbated a tendency towards caution in posting that game.

That said, a thinking-out-loud-so-the-town-can-hear-it approach would be a better way to go about things, and I'll try and fix it going forward.
I will be going into [my ideal lynch] ASAP, it ties into some of my questions.
Interested to hear your thoughts.
Col.Cathart wrote:
The who is, and why?
This is interesting. To me, posts like this are slightly scummy. Pressuring a replacement for thoughts on their lynch candidates before all the questions she asked have been answered seems a bit dodgy to me. Combined with Cathart's "Hamlet" approach to deciding if pops is town or not, makes the colonel look a little more likely as scum, in my opinion.

Porkens wrote:Leaving the claimed doctor alive is the protown thing to do. Those against that idea are either hard-on to misslynch or not thinking clearly.
The fact that you're saying this after all the discussion we've had, and only when pops' lynch looks fairly likely, makes me wonder about your motives in saying this now. Why didn't you make this point 3 RL days ago?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”