hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by hiphop »

I will /confirm you if you will confirm me.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Post by hiphop »

lobstermania wrote:
hiphop wrote:I will /confirm you if you will confirm me.
/confirmed.
I /confirm you.8-)
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:
Vote: hiphop
because Spiderman is the best.
Wierd, I would think it would be the other way around.

vote: AlmasterGM
No explanation needed.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:
Vote: Sposh

Because, well, I don't think I can outsmart Dexter.
What makes you so sure you can outsmart either one?
AlmasterGM wrote:
hiphop wrote: vote: AlmasterGM No explanation needed.
Uh, explanation is totally needed. Who are you?
My name is hiphop. :lol: Nice to meet you. Why do I need to give a bs explanation?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

AlmasterGM wrote:
hiphop wrote:My name is hiphop. :lol: Nice to meet you. Why do I need to give a bs explanation?
Nice to meet you as well. And please entertain me with a BS explanation - I revel in BS.
Ok, if you insist. Sixth person to vote. Smells like scum to me.
milkshake wrote:Personally, I'm more interested in why an apparently innocent fellow such as Peabody annoys you. ;)
Personally, I don't care.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:Ha, well, I meant I was associating Sposh with Dexter. I'm rarely "so sure" about much of anything in this game.
I knew where you got the name from. The way that you phrased your (bs) reason, it sounded like you could outsmart Sposh. Hence the vote.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

Peabody wrote:
vote hiphop

No explanation needed, eh?
You had better give one. AlmasterGM thives in bs. I most certaintly do not want to play this entire game without the players changing.

It is bs right? If it isn't I want a reason.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d12 (STATIC)
1 12-Sided Dice: (12) = 12
I have been meaning to comment on this since my first post, second post and third post, but didn't remember until after I posted, and I don't like to double post. Now I will comment.

12 players right? Were you willing to vote for yourself? Because how can you not be willing to be random out of twelve players, if you don't have twelve players to be random from? I call this randomness, bias. Therefore your vote was not random. So why did you vote?
Peabody wrote:Just for fun, but I see you are getting a bit defensive...
So it was bs. Defensive? If you attacked me, I have a right to defend. What do you expect me to do, flop over and wave the white flag?
AlmasterGM wrote: Seriously, if I had DK powers I would off you right now.
Scum slip?
Hoopla wrote:
Unvote, vote: AlamasterMG
Another
random
vote or is this one without bias?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by hiphop »

EBWOP: 12 players right? Were you willing to vote for yourself? Because how can you be willing to be random if you don't have twelve players to be random from? I call this randomness, bias. Therefore your vote was not random. So why did you vote?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

What does Sposh have to do with anything?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by hiphop »

Did you not see my post? Why all the votes? Why did you vote for Sposh?
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by hiphop »

wow! :shock:
unvote
vote Hoopla
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Okay, I am relatively satisfied you're town. I suggest we bandwagon someone to L-3 or L-2 before the end of this page.
We? As in you or me? Not going to happen. I will explain later in this post.
Hoopla wrote:If you choose someone other than me, I will support that choice in my next post.
:lol: I love that quote. Can I sig it?
Hoopla wrote: Once we decide to do this, everyone else must either support this in their next post by following our lead, or give an adequate excuse as to why random bandwagonning is not pro-town.
I don't intend to unvote you yet, because I have no reason to. You still haven't answered my questions, why all the votes?

I will start by choosing not to bw and giving an adequate reason of why. I hope this reason is good enough for you. I don't like bws unless everybody on it provides a different reason as to why they are voting for the person who the bw is on. Otherwise we have someone being attacked for the same reason over and over again. I would rather have the case grow. Whenever there is a bw that I support, but don't have anything to add, I usually look the other way and hunt scum elsewhere. You on the other hand are more than welcome to vote for scum.

By the way. Does anyone know how many scum there are? Isn't it usually 33%?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by hiphop »

Empking wrote:
Vote: Hiphop

over reaction to a backed up joke.
:? I don't get it.
Sposh wrote:
Vote: Messiah
for jumping on CoCo's post 64 without really adding anything or questioning it.
I would think that it would be a CoolDoG vote. It was he that voted and didn't add or question, but than again that could be his style as noted by milkshake 67 here
Messiah wrote:Why did you single me out when CooLDoG and CoCo did the exact same thing?
CooLDoG did, but CoCo didn't.
Peabody wrote:Hiphop looks very jumpy to me. Usually in the RVS I can pick out scum through gut feeling. The fact that he didn't take an RVS vote very well tells me that he has something to hide.
Are you talking about your first vote? I said quite clearly, if it was random, AlmasterGM needs a bs reason. Where is your info coming from of me not taking a bs reason very well?
Peabody wrote:
HipHop wrote:So it was bs. Defensive? If you attacked me, I have a right to defend. What do you expect me to do, flop over and wave the white flag?
Well, that is essentially what most people do during the RVS. The votes are to be taken with a grain of salt.
That quote that you quoted, was me commenting if your first vote was not random. What you said in post 50. The only reason you said I was getting defensive was because of me saying if your vote was not random, I wanted a reason. Because your vote is random, I don't care about it.
charlatan wrote:On a more serious note, do you think Hoopla's confusing-but-excellent-random-voting-shake-the-boat technique (I'm hoping the name catches on) actually made her more likely to be scum, or did you see erratic play and decide it'd be a safe place to drop a vote?
You said confusing right? Why would a town want confusion? I did not vote for her for either reason. I voted because she refuses in a silent kind of way, to not to answer my questions.
charlatan wrote:My problem with this is that CoCo didn't actually
say
much of anything with that post, nor did he vote. What you're "agreeing" with is the statement that "this stands out", which has almost zero content to it. I would expect to see some sort of question or accusation go along with this. It looks a bit like borrowing someone else's soft suspicion and running with it, getting called on it, and then backpedaling with 'oops, I mistook the definition of the word.'
Why is everybody attacking Messiah, when CooLDoG did the exact same thing? He asked a question. Sposh started the bw on Messiah, because he did not ask a question, when he did. I hate it when people attack one person for a certain action, when other people do the exact same thing.
charlatan wrote:
Minor FoS: CooLDoG
for piling on, but I don't think early-game bandwagons are necessarily a bad thing.
Why the FOS than?
Hoopla wrote: On a more serious note, I'm quite confident Messiah is scum, and I encourage others to view his posts. Can we please bandwagon him now?

Vote: Messiah
Same thing CD and MS did. Why not a bw on Hoopla?
Peabody wrote:Hoopla, you missed my question:
Nope just ignores questions (she?) doesn't want to answer. Pretends they are not there.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:NewAgeWarrior: I will happily reveal my coded information soon - if you want a hint in the mean time to tide you over, each letter is the first letter of a word in my message.

To be honest though, I doubt you're Messiah's buddy. It seems like a far too obvious defense which could come back to bite you if/when Messiah flips scum. Despite being wifom, I will tentatively chalk you down to skeptical town, which is okay, and something we certainly need.
So form your POV Messiah is scum. NAW and I are town. Anybody else?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:
hiphop wrote: So form your POV Messiah is scum. NAW and I are town. Anybody else?
No, Messiah is scum.

I have a small town read on NAW and a neutral read on you.
I am sorry, that should say, So
from
your POV Messiah is scum. NAW and I are town. Anybody else?

That of course is what you had said earlier.
AlmasterGM wrote:Not liking Peabody or CoCo at the moment.
I won't even spell your name. Why are you not liking them?
Hoopla wrote:The conclusion wasn't true - I was only curious to see if he would follow my lead. His play I actually interpreted as a loose scumtell, due to some recent data-mining I did, where I speculated deliberately unusual, bizarre or anti-town play was more often than random seized upon by scum early in a game. The logic is scum seek a safe place to put their vote, and dislike commiting to something they can be called-on for easily. Whereas town, who have a more genuine attitude toward scumhunting, have no ulterior motives and thus tend to place dicier votes.
Completely understand, and completely disagree.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:I wouldn't mind knowing that either...
Why is everybody attacking Messiah, when CooLDoG did the exact same thing? He asked a question. Sposh started the bw on Messiah, because he did not ask a question, when he did. I hate it when people attack one person for a certain action, when other people do the exact same thing.
I actually agree with this, hiphop, and I think most other people do too, so don't worry. But I'm interested to see what becomes of the Messiah votes, especially with Hoopla whole secret message thing (although I'm starting to guess it just says "I just put this here to make things interesting. Aren't I smart?")
You must be on to something.

I understand now. According to the rules, you must unvote before you vote.
lobstermania wrote:To vote, you must type "Vote: Lobstermania" in bold. If
you change your vote during the same Day you must "Unvote" first. If a majority of the players "Vote: No Lynch" the game will move into Night with no deaths.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by hiphop »

Let's lynch SerialClergyman, since the mod allows votes for people who are not in this game. :twisted:
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:13 am

Post by hiphop »

Sposh wrote:I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today!
Why?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 am

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:It was too early to tell if this bandwagon was a bad one. Right now I don't think it is.
Wait. So you agree with the bw on milkshake. If that is the case why didn't you pile on?
charlatan wrote:I'm hesitant to believe that someone started the game with information that definitively pointed to Messiah as scum so early in the game. For now I'm gonna roll with it because I like the Messiah bandwagon right now, but I will not at all support a lynch without us knowing what this is all about. And a lot more discussion before that, even.
First of all you shouldn't be hestitant, because it didn't happen. I believe Hoopla is encouraging people to vote on the bw for one of two reasons. One of them I won't share (unless she wants me to) because it would ruin the idea of this bw. The other reason, is because she could of picked up a scum slip in the thread already. She doesn't want to display it without people commiting.

I find this paragraph scummy. You are hesitant to believe the reason the bw is there and yet you still want it to be around. Isn't this almost contradictory?
unvote
vote charlatan

Empking wrote:
Sposh wrote:Because of his hypocrisy in voting me. The reasons he used were such a double-standard,
That's a good enough reason for a lynch?
I doubt that this bw would head for a lynch. In my experience most of the time, early bws dissipate.
Peabody wrote:will post soon.
First of all, I find that voting without giving a reason is suspicious. Why vote then, if you don't have the time to give a reason? Second of all, why come back on this site, if you don't have the time to give us that reason?
fos Peabody
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something
(whatever that something is)
happen.
You are doing it too. :shock: I think the part that is bolded explains it all. You don't know what you are aiming for, and yet you want a bw. For all you know the bw could give the scum the win.
milkshake wrote:Then we can build real arguments from what happens instead of, well, "finding paragraphs scummy." :P
How do you know you can build real arguments? You don't even know what you are aiming for.
Hoopla wrote:There are plenty of role-based ways information can be generated. Unconfirmed masons and neighbours, and day-cops off the top of my head. Although, I'm not ready to say if my information is generated from my role.
I sincerely doubt that any role-based information, besides a day role can be generated, until day 2.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:
You are doing it too.
Yep... that's what I said. ^^ I am aiming to see whatever Hoopla is up to with regards to Messiah. It should be interesting. Don't you want to see, too?
I don't know what you are seeing, but I am seeing absolutely nothing at the moment. Messiah is at L-2, could be at L-1 if peabody hadn't flip his vote, so unless Hoopla wants a lynch now, I don't know why she doesn't reveal what she knows now. If she wanted to see people not jump on the bw, why doesn't she attack me? If she wanted to see people jump off the bw, peabody is the likely choice, and for those who jumped on it, why not you? I don't know where this bw is going, but it could be heading for the lynch.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:
hiphop wrote:
milkshake wrote:Maybe it's almost contradictory... but honestly it's what I'm doing too. I'm losing confidence that Hoopla will have any worthwhile info in her secret little message, but I think that the only way we're going to get anywhere in Day 1 is to pile on to somebody and make something
(whatever that something is)
happen.
You are doing it too. :shock: I think the part that is bolded explains it all. You don't know what you are aiming for, and yet you want a bw.
For all you know the bw could give the scum the win.
:roll:
Explain.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:I think that is something you need to answer in regards to your own post. It would be a pretty unbalanced game if scum could win from an incorrect bandwagon, no?
It isn't just the bw, but all the info based off the bw. For instance, it appears you have TV on Messiah. So if Messia is lynched and he flips town everybody could look at whoever was on his bw, and that might cause people to tv on them. Resulting in more townie lynches. If Messiah flips scum, everybody looks at who did not attack him, resulting in more townie lynches, giving the scum the win. My philosophy, the same in all my games(look at my wiki), is to pressure anybody and everybody that makes a mistake, since nobody is perfect, and decide which person is scum from that, instead of zoning in on one person. Your way might work that is why I said could result, and not would result.
milkshake wrote:Nope. My join date is just weird (awesome.) )
Why does she think you are an alt?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:That is some of the worst logic I have ever seen.
Better than closing my eyes, pointing, and saying, you will be lynched today. No excuses needed.
Hoopla wrote:1) Lets say I didn't have information on Messiah
Let's say you don't have information on Messiah, and you want people to trust you, because you want to try out a new gambit idea. That seems more logical. I don't believe you can find anything on Messiah in this thread, because nobody else has. 24 eyes (if everybody has two eyes) looking at a thread and only two see something. Wierd.
Hoopla wrote:A lynch based off a stupid semantics debate (which is what normally happens on D1) will not improve bandwagon info the next day.
I don't care to improve bw info, I want to improve lynch info. If it normally happens than it must be the best way.
Hoopla wrote: There is no way we will base any lynches entirely on a D1 bandwagon.
Some people do. People will always have that bias up their sleeve, and will look extra hard to find things that will get that person lynched.
Hoopla wrote: Your post only serves to scare the town away from lynching.
And you think I am scum, because I don't want innocent townies lynched? I would think it would be the opposite. I must have been thinking wierd in all the games played.*sarcasm* I am still waiting for that info. The town follows and
individual
to a lynch based on nothing. What will happen in day 2? Another blind bw based on nothing? :shock: :roll:
Hoopla wrote: To be honest, your post sounds like that of scumbuddy prematurely defending himself for not being for Messiah's lynch.
If I wanted to be for his lynch, I would be on his lynch, but I am not. Have you looked at my meta? I have never been part of a bw, except as the hammerer, and that is because it was ten minutes to the deadline. When people bw, I attack the lead bandwagoners for being part of a bw that they contributed nothing for. Of course my meta doesn't have any scum in it, but you can at least compare me as a town.
milkshake wrote:Yes, these things
could
happen no matter who was lynched... but there's no particular reason that they would.
Could is always possible.
milkshake wrote:But what is a "mistake," really? :? Was charlatan's "almost contradictory" paragraph a mistake? Was my "apparently innocent" thing a mistake?
It really isn't a mistake, just what the gut says is scummy. Better than saying, "You. Yes, you. You are scummy, because I pointed at you.
milkshake wrote:That's what I'm saying in an above post about scum slips being a myth.
So you don't find Hoopla's TV based on nothing scummy.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Hiphop, your signal:noise ratio is awful. You don't need to respond to every single line in someone's posts. Can I suggest next time a simple summary that makes it easy to understand both your position and mine? Remember, succinctness is pro-town.
Sorry, I didn't realize I was doing that. I will stick with the summary.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 am

Post by hiphop »

@charlatan- Let's review. I posted this;
hiphop wrote:
charlatan wrote:
Minor FoS: CooLDoG
for piling on, but I don't think early-game bandwagons are necessarily a bad thing.
Why the FOS than?
You come back and say this:
charlatan wrote:It was too early to tell if this bandwagon was a bad one. Right now I don't think it is.
So how can you say that bw was scummy if you also say that the bw wasn't a bad one.

You cannot say sposh or your vote (which basically had the same reason has Sposh. I will call it as you define: piling on.) was good because you guys voted for someone because they had not asked a question, when Messiah had asked a question that hadn't been answered. A vote always helps a question be answered. more quickly.

@Sposh Why I am voting for him? Gut feeling at the moment.

fos CooLDoG
His lastest post seems to me to be role fishing.

@AlmasterGM- what do you think of Empking?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am

Post by hiphop »

@Almaster-give me your opinion first. I will explain after you comment. If the info is role related, will it not that reveal her role.
milkshake wrote:Basically, if her info says "Messiah is scum" we can lynch him, and then if he's not scum, we can rebound-lynch Hoopla. (And 1 for 1 is great for town... so we can assume that Hoopla would not give false "Messiah is scum" information.)
Do not set up for tomorrow, and did you not read post 158?

@messiah- L-1, is L-1, no matter how you look at it. Hoopla give us the information, and you might not be around. It is you choice. However you are at L-3 right now, so no pressure.

@Sposh Fact: There is no fact concerning who is what unless a PR says so. Even than there is no guarenteed unless a cop. And that is ony if he is sane, and there is no miller. So the only thing I can go off of on day one is my gut on what people wrote. And right now he seemed to agree with bw yet setups so he can vote or unvote them at the moments notice. Scummy indeed.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

@Almaster-To me it sounds like the main reason you suspect Coco is because he has only posted one liners that didn't go anywhere. If you look at Empking's post, they seem to do the same. Which is why I asked. I wanted to know how you compared the two. You vote Peabody, because you don't like him. You suspect Coco because you don't like his playstyle. Who else in this game do you not like? It seems to me that you have the attitude that guys you don't like are scum. The rest of your suspicion seems to come from looking to hard. Besides people who you don't like, who looks suspicious?

I in paticular don't like Empking's post, because it almost seems like he is lurking. I played with Hohum in this game. He posted one liners all in day one. Turned out he was scum.

I also don't like peabody's most recent post. He seems to be stalling.

@Milkshake I said in post 158 that people will draw conclusions from this bw. Resulting in possible townie lynches. Some roles for example a tracker, can draw inaccurate conclusions for there can be two people that target the same person. I am not saying that Hoopla is a tracker, in fact I doubt it, but it is just an example, that people can draw wrong conlusions from their roles. So unless Hoopla reveals her role, she must make her own decision. That may lead to Messiah's lynch. If he flips town, than should we really lynch Hoopla.

You shouldn't discuss tomorrow because the only way you know that you will be around is if you are scum. Also setting up lynches sets minds so they don't continue to scum hunt as revealed in this game A townie set up lynches, which nobody changed from, resulting in a town loss.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by hiphop »

Your first sentence looks like you have made up your mind already, without hoopla's information. I have said what I thought, if you can't see it, than there is nothing I can do. If he flips town, you shouldn't just target people on the bw, and if he flips scum, you shouldn't just target the people off the bw.
milkshake wrote:Why on earth shouldn't I discuss things I won't be around to
see?
the last thing you quoted answers that.

As for the last paragraph- The idea is that we don't have any bias.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla- Is Messiah scum?

Than again I seem to remember her answering that already. post 105. I still want you to answer that question, just to clarify, because you said I was once town, but changed your mind. The town has seemed to run into a log jam, so it is best that you answer.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:No, but you're (hiphop is) actually starting to make me make this true, because at this point, even without Hoopla's information, I might want to lynch Messiah just because of hiphop's weird reaction to the whole thing... (Hoopla, though, your information is still vital. Are you still intentionally not giving it up?)
So you want him lynched, because of me? Beside you got your information already. Look at what you said here. Than look at what she said here. Match made in heaven I would say. She literally said those three little words. Yet if Messiah is so obvious scum why isn't he lynched already?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by hiphop »

charlatan- I get the bw thing now. I never heard it that way before.

Now to get down to business.

Is it just me, or does anyone find Peabody's recent post a really big scumtell (Not just because he voted for me.)
Peabody wrote: You said:
You
had better
give one. AlmasterGM thives in bs. I most certaintly do not want to play this entire game without the players changing.

It is bs right? If it isn't I want a reason.
It just looks as if you are threatened.
The part you bolded, was a joke. I wasn't serious. Did you not read the thread? If you did, did you catch the part that almaster thives in bs? Who else here thought that was a threat, because obviously it wasn't?

In regards to the CD vote. Voting someone than giving a reason later is scummy. You put your vote on someone, wait to see if others follow you, and than unvote, and give a horrible reason. He doesn't have to post every 24 hours. Look at yorself or coco.

Is my name at the top of your list, because I FOS you.
unvote
vote Peabody
My vote is not OMGUS, unlike yours, which you cast after I suspected you. Your vote is blantant OMGUS.

Don't say you read me in iso, and think I am scummy. That is scummy in itself. Give me reasons.

@AlmasterGM in regards to Empking- three more posts that provide little to no content. Certaintly, "way less posts." *sarcasm*

wow Hoopla you are having a scum day and a birthday. Happy Birthday by the way. In October everybody seems to be having one or the other(certaintly not me), but you seem to be special enough to have both on the same day.

The bw on Messiah was based on nothing, he wasn't even mildly suspicious, except for the fact that anybody and everybody has an equal chance of being scum. I believe it was VPbaltar who told me that if a town has bad case on an individual, than it is the town's civil duty to tear the case to pieces. So in the last three games, I have doing that. this one I didn't really do it, but it was on going when VP told me that. The next one I was in is this one. I recommend you take a good look at this one. It is on going, so my lips are mum.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:hiphop: when have you ever seen a strong case on D1? If you cannot find one, it is your duty to be against every bandwagon on D1.
Go to the last game I quoted. You will see. That game blows my mind at the moment.

The case against Messiah was based on lies.
Hoopla wrote:I agree, many people have a tendancy to overvalue their own reads (particularly on D1), but it is this cognitive bias that tends to generate information. If everyone played with a '
well, shrug, you're probably town going by pure probability
' attitude, we would get nowhere. We need people to make commitments (even if they are wrong or farfetched) to discover underlying motives.
That is why I like my strategy. Don't stick with someone long unless they don't answer. Then at the end of the day. Go by gut. I like my way because it puts everybody, but lurkers, on the spot. I do them too, eventually. I hate the big early bws, because they always, except in the game that I quoted, blow over. One person is put on the spot most of the day. I don't like it, so I will tear it to pieces.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:But what you fail to realize is it puts nobody under pressure if they're aware the pressure from you will only be fleeting or nearly equally distributed. As scum, I never fear those sort of players because they're so easily prone to manipulation by the crowd, or herd instinct. If you fail to assert beliefs (or spread them like butter) nobody will really be influenced by your decisions, because they are admittedly weak whether you realize it or not.
I don't realize it, and I don't care to realize it. There are still people like you who ignore questions completely. That only makes me look harder at your posts. Where have I shown I can be manipulated by anybody? Besides at the end of the day nobody knows who I find scummy. That only leads to me being NK, because I am unpredictable. As long as the town wins, I don't care. At least than people get the suspicion that they do. Am I supposed to leave suspicious post untouched?
AlmasterGM wrote:Liking hiphop less and less by the post.
Nice of you to join the bw. At least now you can suspect everybody who you don't like? Also, again you fail to provide reason.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Yeah, not even you. Image
That is why I go by my gut. Best thing to do on day one.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by hiphop »

NewAgeWarrior wrote:
That is why I go by my gut. Best thing to do on day one.
Yes, your gut feeling > logical arguments from information obtained.
What use could come from just using a gut feeling? Probability would make it that you are probably going to choose a townie, then after a NK, we are down 2 members with not much info that we had to start off with.
What facts have you got on day one? Make sure they are facts, before you post them. Day two there are facts.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by hiphop »

The only information that I have right now is how people feel about other people, and that is a nulltell because scum can bus. For instance if I am scum could hoopla be scum? Possibly. Is there something I am missing? What kind of information do you have? Notice how I said "kind", and not "what is". There is more information that can be used for day 2, but I am talking about day one's lynch.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by hiphop »

milkshake wrote:demonstrates that he actually does have a brain.
Never on day one in any game.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote: Your insistence that Messiah is not scum is particularly damning.
Must I spell it out for you. Not once did I ever say Messiah is not scum, nor I did I say he was town. That is just ruining my name. Not just in this game, but in the world, when somebody makes an accusation that isn't true, even if it is proven to be false, everybody still has the doubt that it is. Do not put words in my mouth. I did say that the case against him was based on lies. Don't make accusations that are untrue.
CooLDoG wrote:Also the stuff he says has little to no worth in my eyes. He is looking worse to me the further the day goes.
The stuff anyone posts is worthless at this point. Day two is where the info is used.

I look at your vote as basically a gut and follow the bw kind of vote. Your points against me (if you can call them that) are pathetic.

@Almaster I agree. Why take the chance of risking a pr when they haven't had a chance to use it yet? People should not be voting for her now. Day 1 is not the day to deal with prs.

So with me being someone you don't like, than it means that you suspect everybody who you don't like, and don't suspect anyone else.

milkshake-flipflopper maybe
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:I'm referring to you saying he was "not even mildly suspicious". Even if we agree not to split hairs over syntax, the rest of my argument stands.
There is no rest. You attack my style, which I dare you to look at any of my games, besides the first one (I didn't own a computer then), and you will find it is the same, so I don't know how I am scum now. And you say well soandso and I can be scum, which basically can be said about everybody.

"not even mildly suspicious"- which basically says he is as suspicious as anybody else.

CD- You bolded the wrong part
hiphop wrote:The stuff anyone posts is worthless
at this point.
Day two is where
the info
is used.
I didn't say that there is no info day one, but that the info cannot be used without fact to along with it, otherwise it is just suspicion. And as I already pointed out fact is not obtained until day 2.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by hiphop »

It is still better than day 1.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by hiphop »

I like my tactic, there is no better way to create discussion.

The problem with you guys is I play guilty, until proven innocent, while you guys seem to play innocent until proven guilty. Once someone is guilty how can one be more guilty. So he is as basically as suspicious as anybody else.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by hiphop »

Peabody wrote:1) My vote on hiphop was NOT OMGUS. Mainly because at the time I voted I forgot he FoS'd me. By the way, FoS's don't really carry the same weight as votes.
That is where opinions come into play. You can say you forgot something, but that doesn't mean that you did. To me FOS's mean the same. I play at another forum, where there is no FOS, only votes. So coming into this gamesite made me a flipflopper. Now I use the FOS to say that if I wasn't voting for the person, who I am voting for, than I would vote for this person. So to me, they do mean the same.

Who are the two people on your scummy list?
NewAgeWarrior wrote:Go ahead. I'm not saying i belive he is town, i just am not convinced of his scummyness, and like i also said, there are other more deserving IMO.
The difference between me and him, is I take it to more extreme.

@AlmasterGm- I think about it differently. Shades of innocent.

@CooLDog- That is as close I get with OMGUSing. If I FOS them before they vote, otherwise I think it is stupid. Townies can attack townies. Just because they are voting for me, does not mean they are scum. Again, I never said day one has more info than day 2, but we can't really use the info to its full potential until day 2. For one you have no FACTS for voting me, which means you are just using the gut.
charlatan wrote:Responding to questions and accusations is pro-town, but posting content only when under fire is not.
Agreed.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 am

Post by hiphop »

charlatan wrote:Then you both think of it the same way. It's the same spectrum, guilty to innocent, and even if you see things as "shades of innocent" then you necessarily see some as less innocent (therefore more guilty) than others. You've not only not countered AGM, but you've essentially contradicted your statement from before.
How?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by hiphop »

@charlatan Which is easier to find? Scumtells or towntells. Scumtells everybody spills those. Towntells, very rarely do I find scum make any.

@milkshake- I prefer to keep a tradition, and be at L-1 before I claim. Unless I refuse to claim, who would lynch me?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote: Both scum: ~9%
One scum/one town: ~41%
Both town: ~50%
Where do you get these numbers from?

I get:
Both scum: ~5%
One scum/one town: ~41%
Both town: ~55%

So in theory we both should be town.

I claim town. That is claiming right?

I claim plain old vanilla ice cream.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

Hoopla wrote:Bussing seems to be the scumtell of the month. Why do people not look at those NOT on the wagon after a scum lynch?
Quote of the game. If the town had not followed this, town would have won.

With this being my first game as scum, I knew based on my lynch, survival ratio (only managed to live through one complete game) that I had to bus and bus hard. This way if either peabody or I were lynched the other would most likely survive.

Live and learn I guess.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by hiphop »

I started it, didn't I? Besides I was hoping you would.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by hiphop »

I believe somebody mentioned in this game that one of the reasons that I was lynched was because it looked like I knew messiah was town. Well it also looked like I knew Peabody was scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”