afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by afatchic »

Well i for one thoroughly enjoy the RVS...
Vote MordyS
!!
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by afatchic »

Okay, so that was a lot of posts, and very few words....

First off, Gamma you can't expect people to post that much. Generally at least once a day is to be expected, over weekends you can expect less. I have been busy all day and just now have a chance to check it (As i normally will only have a chance at night).

Anyways, i don't buy the gamma case one bit. I think it is good to check a few games first. That way you get a feel for what to expect. I somewhat did it for my first game. Rather than starting straight out in a newbie game, i replaced into a 30 page game, to kind of see how it goes, and then be able to try out what i had learned at the end.

I also don't buy the case against AGM. I think he genuinely thought he had a case when posting it. I don't think he was faking that or anything. I do think that it was blown out of proportion and he was attacked a bit hard about it. That was good though since it quickly brought us out of the RVS.

What i dislike the most thus far....
Bob's bandwagon vote on to AGM. It was with terrible reasoning (A 1 liner, imagine that), and just looked scummy to me. He claims that AGM just can't believe that is a good case, thus votes him. Generally, this can be a good reason for a vote. The only problem is, he is voting for someone not pushing a good case on post 40!

Unvote, Vote archaebob
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by afatchic »

Also, IMO Withholding a vote and placing an FOS or HOS is not Pro-town. It doesn't commit you to a wagon, and it makes it a lot harder to follow your thoughts when looking back through the game at Day 4ish.

By only placing HOS's and FOS's it allows the scum to encourage a mislynch, and then when the player flips town, they can say, well i wasn't voting him or something like that.

So IMO, a player should have a
Vote
down at all times...
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by afatchic »

Also, IMO Withholding a vote and placing an FOS or HOS is not Pro-town. It doesn't commit you to a wagon, and it makes it a lot harder to follow your thoughts when looking back through the game at Day 4ish.

By only placing HOS's and FOS's it allows the scum to encourage a mislynch, and then when the player flips town, they can say, well i wasn't voting him or something like that.

So IMO, a player should have a
Vote
down at all times...
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by afatchic »

Muffin wrote:Speaking of activity.

I'd like to hear more from lexprod and peanutman.

And by more I mean.... anything.
:O They are in the game?!
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by afatchic »

Gammagooey wrote:
afatchic wrote: I also don't buy the case against AGM. I think he genuinely thought he had a case when posting it. I don't think he was faking that or anything. I do think that it was blown out of proportion and he was attacked a bit hard about it. That was good though since it quickly brought us out of the RVS.

What i dislike the most thus far....
Bob's bandwagon vote on to AGM. It was with terrible reasoning (A 1 liner, imagine that), and just looked scummy to me. He claims that AGM just can't believe that is a good case, thus votes him. Generally, this can be a good reason for a vote. The only problem is, he is voting for someone not pushing a good case on post 40!

Unvote, Vote archaebob
If it was just the first post of AGM that we were discussing, I would probably agree with you, as despite him being wrong, he might have thought he had something at the time.

The problem is that in the post after it, despite a short explanation by myself and having several people tell him that his logic is flawed, he not only continues to push on the case, but goes after Mordy for disagreeing with him based Mordy's explanation for why he doesn't think it would be scummy, which honestly seems like more of a mafia theory argument on what is a good/bad play than a defense or an accusation.

It seems to me that Almaster was trying to get people to follow him with no actual case behind his words, and I'm leaving my vote on him until I get an explanation.
That could be the case, but in my opinion I think it was more of a townie move that honestly thought they were on to something. In my experience, i would say a townie is more likely to push a case like that on the first few pages, than a scum stepping out that much at the start. If he would have backpedaled when questioned about it, rather than pushing on, i may be inclined to agree with you.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by afatchic »

did i get in here before my 24 hours are up?!

Sorry for going MIA. I'll try to catch up later tonight and make a decent post.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”