Mini 886 - Popcorn Mafia - Game over!

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #13  (isolation #0)  » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:27 pm

I also agree with Xyl and Yos, deliberate scuminess to try and acquire the gun as a town player will very likely result in a town loss.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (isolation #1)  » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

EBWOP: My only question is, Yos, about your post, don't the numbers change based on if we hit scum or not?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #41  (isolation #2)  » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 am

Vala Mal Doran wrote:@DragonsofSummer: If you were to become gunbearer, how likely would you be to jokingly shoot yourself at any point? Please elaborate enough so that we get some insight into your personality.


I wouldn't. In my opinion that falls under the same heading as voting yourself, and I am extremely against the whole self voting thing. Also it adds absolutely nothing to the game, and serves no purpose that I can see. Self-voting (or shooting in this case) shows you are making no effort toward helping find scum and instead have given up (except in the RVS, but thats a different argument entirely) I find it excedingly unhelpful, and there is no reason for it.

A quick reactionary question? Do we know for sure that we are unable to shoot ourselves anyway? It isn't stated that we can't, and that would be one hell of a blow to the town IMO (A day with no lynch except worse because of how this game works).
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #45  (isolation #3)  » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Why do you find me scummy? Because if I was the gun bearer I wouldn't jokingly shoot myself? Ortolan you make no sense.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #105  (isolation #4)  » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Here is the problem Ort. I was asked to answer that question. Try reading the thread before you jump to conclusions. Vala asked me whether I would, so I answered her question.

As for your second point, saying me putting we in my statement is scummy, thats grasping at straws and ludicrous.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128  (isolation #5)  » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:38 pm

*bump*

Ort you are now back tracking: This is your original attack on me.
ortolan wrote:DoS' 41 is one of the scummiest posts I've ever seen. He goes down this completely, 100% irrelevant tangent of "what the point of shooting yourself would be". The answer is none. It's not even an issue worth considering for 2 seconds. The second paragraph is also really really scummy.

DoS (41) wrote:A quick reactionary question? Do we know for sure that we are unable to shoot ourselves anyway? It isn't stated that we can't, and that would be one hell of a blow to the town IMO (A day with no lynch except worse because of how this game works).


I see no purpose for this paragraph, except for the bolded part. What the bolded part serves to do is imply that he is town in a self-conscious manner: "Do we know for sure that we are unable to shoot ourselves anyway?" He is going out of his way to speculate as to what he'd do when he were in a certain position i.e. in possession of the gun. Of course, you need to be town to ever be in possession of the gun because if you're scum you don't get the gun when you get shot, you just die. So all this post/paragraph is is a long and convoluted and self-conscious way of implying that he is town.

He also acted extremely scummily in response to my announced but unjustified suspicions of him

DoS (45) wrote:Why do you find me scummy? Because if I was the gun bearer I wouldn't jokingly shoot myself? Ortolan you make no sense.


He instantly leaps to assumptions about what my reasons for suspecting him are (why would any townie do that?). How does he know that was my reason for suspecting him anyway? Guilty conscience about that self-conscious original post methinks..


Which clearly involves my statement about shooting one's self. Then you say that wasn't part of your attack at all?

I had every right to assume you were attacking me for those reasons, it was the only real post I had made and you immediately said I was scum afterwards. It has nothing to do with a "guilty" conscience and everything to do with how ridiculous you sound.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149  (isolation #6)  » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 am

I agree with Orts last statement, but it doesn't make me feel any better about him.

Though I do think the fact that he is sticking with his statement instead of backtracking under the scrutiny of players besides myself is a point in his favor.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #183  (isolation #7)  » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:1. So you think that with a 7/11 chance of hitting town a town player should act nervous and defensive if the gun is pointed their way?

Town players should try to avoid getting shot. Acting nervous and defensive is not likely to prevent you from getting shot.

DraketheFake wrote:2. I'd love to hear how 1 leads to 2, though I understand it isn't really your style so far to give any kind of reasoning.

If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a town player should act, the flaw in your reasoning is blatant and obvious. If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act, it's extremely subtle. I conclude that you are looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act. This makes you highly likely to be scum. Q.E.D.


QFT
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #190  (isolation #8)  » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Why do you feel I went to far? She asked me to reason out why I would or would not, so I gave them.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #201  (isolation #9)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

I agree with both of them.

@Vala: I was in depth with my reasoning because you asked me to be. I thought that was the point of the exercise, to get to know a little bit about how I play this game. My posts tend to be less wordy than that one on the whole, but when necessary I can post a block of text.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #213  (isolation #10)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm

DragonsofSummer wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:1. So you think that with a 7/11 chance of hitting town a town player should act nervous and defensive if the gun is pointed their way?

Town players should try to avoid getting shot. Acting nervous and defensive is not likely to prevent you from getting shot.

DraketheFake wrote:2. I'd love to hear how 1 leads to 2, though I understand it isn't really your style so far to give any kind of reasoning.

If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a town player should act, the flaw in your reasoning is blatant and obvious. If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act, it's extremely subtle. I conclude that you are looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act. This makes you highly likely to be scum. Q.E.D.


QFT


I was showing my suspicion in this post here. I didn't feel the need to restate what they have said so I QFT'd it.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #214  (isolation #11)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

EBWOP: They meaning xyl, and more recently Yos.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #246  (isolation #12)  » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 am

@Hacker: We were scum together in Board Game Mafia! Good to see you again!

My top 3: Drake, Ort, Bogre.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #305  (isolation #13)  » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm here my thoughts haven't changed a lot.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #316  (isolation #14)  » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 am

ortolan wrote:the content of DoS, Hacker, Sarag and Zakeri's role PMs have not changed since I last posted.


This statement is true, but I don't think ort has a clue what any of them say unless he is scum.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #318  (isolation #15)  » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:12 am

Hooray! Shoot him now Vala!
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #416  (isolation #16)  » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Rereading, will have more later today.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #428  (isolation #17)  » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:28 pm

My top suspect after reread is Ortolan.

He has been attacking people for crappy reasons all game, and his posts lack any real scum hunting thought imo.

Number 2 would be Almaster after some of his comments today.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #443  (isolation #18)  » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 am

Bogre wrote:DoS: What about Almaster's comments strike you as scummy?


I find some of them to be wishy washy to an extent, as well as overly defensive given the amount of pressure he is under. Also I really don't like the omgus on HR.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #464  (isolation #19)  » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Bogre wrote:
1.) Why do you feel I was tunneling on Rite/Huck? Was this deserved?

2)If you had one failing as a scumhunter in this game, what would it be?

3)Who has been the most effective/least effecting in scumhunting?

4) Who is the most/least protown? Why are you protown? What have you done anti-town?


1. I feel you were tunneling on Rite because you wouldn't listen to anyone else when no one agreed with you about him having a "major" scum slip, that wasn't a slip at all, and then just kept pushing it without analyzing other play.

2.My lurkeriness, I have not been giving this game my full attention at all.

3. I would say either xyl or HR as most efficient. Almaster or Ort as least efficeint.

4. Xyl is most protown, Ort or Almaster least protown. I am protown because thats what my role pm said. I have lurked more than I should which is anti-town.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #498  (isolation #20)  » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm

ortolan wrote:
Yos wrote:skirting the edge of "play to win" stuff. Don't, please.


I trust my own chance of hitting scum better than anyone else's. It is still playing to win.


I see a gaping hole in this logic.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #519  (isolation #21)  » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:12 pm

You may call it skating by, but my suspicions are out there, just because they are concurrent with yours doesn't mean I'm not thinking. I just don't feel the need to keep posting around Ort's ridiculousness.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #583  (isolation #22)  » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:07 am

Xylthixlm wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Xyl wrote:You say that I'm not extremely active and actually scumhunting, yet for some reason other people are following me, and this is somehow my fault.

You're extremely active. You're not scumhunting.

Unless, of course, pointing to someone and saying "he's scum" is scumhunting.

I'm not scumhunting, people are just agreeing with me because I'm using mind control.

Gotcha.


QFT!

Also this thread needs more bogre.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #608  (isolation #23)  » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Rereading, will post something worthwhile tomorrow, but honestly I didn't expect this day to last nearly this long. Also if for some reason I get shot before my post, I will be shooting Ortolan tomorrow just so everyone knows.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #650  (isolation #24)  » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 am

I am here. Since we are in lylo I will be more hesitant with my shot than previously stated. I also will not let a deadline come and not shoot someone.

I as gunbearer would like top 3 scum suspects from everyone, and I will read the thread again, with new perspective.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #670  (isolation #25)  » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Rereading is taking me longer to do than planned because I got called in to work today, will post with my thoughts and questions tomorrow evening at the latest though.

Also I realized, it isn't lylo yet. There are still 10 players today, so if for some reason I do pick wrong, There will still be a tomorrow.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #676  (isolation #26)  » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Alright, sorry that took me a bit longer than planned, but here are my questions/demands for everyone.

Ortolan: Now that you have seen one person on your list flip town does it give you any pause as to the others on your list? Why/why not? Do you still find your scum hunting ability to be better than everyone else in this game?

Xylthixlm: Why should I not shoot anyone on your list of people not to shoot today (with detailed reasoning)?

HowardRoark, Maemuki, AlmasterGM, Sarag, HackerHuck: I would like detailed explanations of the people on your scum lists with post numbers to back up your thinking (if the post numbers are in iso just let me know).

Yosarian2, Nachomamma8: What people do you think I should not shoot today (with your reasoning)?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #698  (isolation #27)  » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Almaster needs to post or severely risk being shot.

Sarag, besides your thinking Mae is "flaky" do you have any other reason to suspect her, and is that the only reason you switched from a strong town read on slicey to a scum read on Mae?

Hacker same question as Sarag.

Ort are you saying you feel Yos is scum now?

Mae you still need to actually respond to my question as well.

HR are you really basing two of your cases on one post from each of the players, and the other on gut at this point in the game?

My short list:
HH
HR
Sarag
Almaster

Needs to answer me:
Mae
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #699  (isolation #28)  » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Ebwop: To those on my short list why shouldn't I shoot you?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #714  (isolation #29)  » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 am

Shoot AlmasterGM
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #722  (isolation #30)  » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:45 pm

His last post's were what tipped it for me. They were so full of bad logic that I couldn't not shoot him at that point.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #732  (isolation #31)  » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Seems fair to me. shoot sarag If we are right, we can figure out other scums tomorrow, if not good luck guys.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #767  (isolation #32)  » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

shoot HackerHuck
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden


[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Theme Games