Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Slicey »

Looking at this player list, there aren't that many dumb/impulsive people (I don't know rite and Sarag and Vala though), so overall I don't think we have to be too worried about impulsive shots.

I don't like Sarag's post. The part about voting and FoSing seems forced IMHO.

Vala, do not be impulsive about your shot. Wait and make sure you're making the right decision before you shoot someone. I have absolutely no idea how you play, which is why I'm giving you this warning now.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

also, extreme V/LA until Tuesday night. Sorry.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Slicey »

Vala Mal Doran wrote: @Slicey: Do you like the RVS that occurs in most games? If so, why? If not, why not?
I hate it. Absolutely hate it. Mainly because I have a hard time getting anything of value out of the RVS, and mainly Day 1 in general. I can't tell what's random and what's not.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Slicey »

Bogre is scum because:

-Trying to find even the tiniest 'slips' and immediately calling them scum for it. Such as rite calling him a townie, WHICH IS NOT A SCUM SLIP
-Continually calling rite scum because of the not-really-slip, such as Post 59, 78, and this statement in 62:
Why are you defending the scum, Yos?
-Self-preservation, which obviously equals scum. Way too worried about his own ass.
-Obvious backtracking which is so blatantly obvious

Sarag is a possible scumbuddy because:
- coaching in 67. Trying to help Bogre answer the question and redeem himself.
- Attacking Bogre's backtracking, and then saying it's ok in Post 71.

So yeah, we can fire away on Bogre, but let's hear from some other people first.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Slicey »

ort what do you think of Sarag?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Slicey »

Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake
Almost agree. I don't think ort is scum, at least not yet.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Slicey »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Slicey wrote:
What about now?
Do you honestly think ort would defend all his scumbuddies?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Slicey »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Slicey wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Slicey wrote:
What about now?
Do you honestly think ort would defend all his scumbuddies?
So, your argument is that Ort is defending Borgre, so you don't think they're scum together? That seems completely backwards to me; it's basically the bad kind of WIFOM. In reality, scum do defend each other all the time.
No, it's that he's defending Bogre, Sarag and Drake, all three who I think have a chance to be scum. If some of them end up being town, then yes, I think there's a chance ort is scum.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by Slicey »

that except the 'she' part. >_>
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Slicey »

BTW, I'm not calling ort obvtown or anything. I'm unsure about him at this time.

Also, I'll respond to Sarag once I have time to actually post something of value.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Slicey »

sorry i haven't posted in a while, I've been really busy with finals coming up. I really need to read this game fully, which I can hopefully do soon.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Slicey »

Page 4:
- Drake's post is full of waffling and indecisiveness. He says he doesn't want to shoot Bogre because then he would shoot rite. Dude, if you think someone is scum, you have to get rid of them. Basically, it looked like Drake was calling Bogre scummy as hell but not actually calling him scum. Defending and attacking someone in the same post is scummy. Definite connection here.
- Don't like ort's reads on Bogre and rite. He gives no examples of Bogre's play, or what exactly of his play constitutes a null tell. And I have a gut town read on rite, and his case on him is really weak. Being honest is not a scumtell. Kind of agree with the DoS read, definitely would not call him obvious scum after just that one post though.
- Ort, are you saying you think Xyl is town in 94, or are you saying he's faking he's aggressive town meta?
- Bogre thinks he knows the definition of anti-town. You forget that anti-town also means self preservation instead of trying to win. You're anti-town because you are too worried about staying alive instead of trying to help your team.

Page 5
- Yos as of Post 104, did you think Bogre was scum or not? You didn't really give a stance on him.
- Fair enough on both points I made against you. I just don't like that Bogre even asked you the question. I don't think you really should have answered it, because then it gives him a way out. Slight scumtell for you, big scumtell for Bogre. And I had a feeling it was sarcasm, just wasn't sure. However, I don't like your attitude towards Bogre. You seem wishy-washy on him. And I don't really even see Drake's case against you, so the fact that you're worried about it is surprising, and even pretty scummy. Also worried about OMGUS, which town really shouldn't be.
- Agree with Drake's post. Sarag is kinda worried about it, it seems.
- Sarag, why do you want to focus on other players when we have a very likely scum (and even you kinda think so) in Bogre. Trying to shift the focus on someone else?
- Bogre seems to be distancing from Sarag.
- Love rite's 120. Absolutely love it. Take my point back on ort's point on DoS being good.

Page 6
- ort, Sarag seems to be attacking and defending Bogre at the same time. He says he's done scummy things but doesn't call him scum. Then he shifts the focus onto Drake. Also, I can definitely see a link between the two of them. Why is it scummy that Xyl thinks so too?
- Ort raises a good point against Zakeri. I completely disagree with ort's attack against DoS's wording, but ort did catch Zakeri using the same tactic that she was scrutinizing him for.

Scum list as of now: Bogre, Sarag, Drake, one of our lurkers (Vaya/Zakeri)

More to come later...
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Slicey »

Yosarian2 wrote:
- Fair enough on both points I made against you. I just don't like that Bogre even asked you the question. I don't think you really should have answered it, because then it gives him a way out. Slight scumtell for you, big scumtell for Bogre. And I had a feeling it was sarcasm, just wasn't sure. However, I don't like your attitude towards Bogre. You seem wishy-washy on him. And I don't really even see Drake's case against you, so the fact that you're worried about it is surprising, and even pretty scummy. Also worried about OMGUS, which town really shouldn't be.
Who is this all directed towards? Rite, correct?
Oops, my bad. Sarag, actually. I gave reasons why he may be scum, he addressed them.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Slicey »

Page 7
- Agree with Zakeri's 153. Ort is trying to find all the little things wrong in DoS's post. Don't think it makes him scum necessarily, it's just that he's scumhunting VERY poorly IMHO.
- Vala, totally disagree with you. I don't think he was playing it too safe. I feel the same exact way. I'm pretty sure Bogre is scum, but as my other scum-reads, I'm nowhere near as certain.
- Yos, in 162, can you provide an example where a scumbuddy defended all or at least a majority of his scumbuddies for me?
- Drake's 166 was basically an excuse to post after Vala called him out on his lurking. Almost verbatim saying what Vala said (which is pretty wrong BTW). Also, he's basically saying what we shouldn't do: try and get the gun. Also suggests that town should lurk to avoid being shot. Maybe trying to find justification to lurking? This post is chock full of scum, and Drake has pushed himself up to the top of my scumlist.
-Thank you Xyl and Yos, for realizing how dumb Drake's idea was.
- ugh Drake is wrong wrong WRONG. He's basically saying town should give up if put under pressure. Not wanting to be shot is NOT a scum tell in the slightest. Town does not want to get shot because if they do then the gun bearer, a town dies. Also, Drake should read the quotes he posts. Vala wants the lurkers to post, not necessarily that she's suspicious of them.

Page 8
-Xyl and Yos are obviously right. >_>
-rite's 179 doesn't sit with me well. This:
I will say that if I were scum (which I'm not)
and this
*and yes, for the record, everything I've said previously about motivation stands. I want to defend myself from the chopping block because I don't want a townie to die, not because I've got a survival instinct.
don't sound right at all. Very very nervous sounding IMHO.
- Is it just me, or is DoS sitting back while Zakeri defends him from ort's (not very good) attack?
- Surprisingly enough, I really like Bogre's 185. Maybe I was just misinterpreting his posts. Or he's backpedaling, saying he was just not fearful when he actually kinda was. Oh, and rite isn't scum.
- ort, maybe it was a joke? You're looking way too far into this IMHO.
- Yos, I don't think it's particularly scummy that ort wants to see what our confirmed town is thinking. I honestly see no problem in that.
- Bogre, care to explain why that statement is scummy in 196?

Page 9
- In accordance with both these pages, definitely shoot Drake instead of rite.
-Howard, if you notice, I lurk Day 1, especially in the beginning (just like this game!) on Day 1. That's my playstyle, not an excuse. I hate Day 1 a lot.
- Quote from ort giving his opinion on Drake:
I'm also not sure what he'd have to gain as scum particularly by arguing what he is with Xyl. It's possible he's doing it to feign activity though
- Xyl, I still kinda agree with you on your list, but my gut is screaming that ort is town. He's definitely not playing his best game scumhunting wise IMHO, but bad scumhunting is better than none.
- Howard, I'm kinda neutral on DoS. I see a definite connection between him and Zakeri, and I
could
see them as scum together, but I'm very unsure on it. So neutral slightly leaning scum, only if Zakeri is scum as well.
- Sarag, are you saying that you agree with both Zakeri and ort in their argument? I have no idea what you're trying to say about the two of them. Whose side are you on? Also, you really didn't make any firm opinions on anyway. You
think
rite is town and you
think
Drake is scum, but you don't sound very sure.
- Nice catch on the waffling of Sarag, Xyl.

Page 10
- Vala, I'd much rather shoot Drake than Sarag. Personally, Drake seems much, MUCH more likely to be scum than Sarag.
- Sarag, I honestly can't tell whose side you're on in the ort/rite fiasco. This goes to show that you really don't have a firm stance on the matter at all. AKA Waffling
- Thank you Hacker, for reaffirming my gut town read on rite. Very sure this playerslot is town, even though he's wrong about Drake IMHO. And probably ort too. I personally don't believe those are scumtells.
- ort, I don't really understand how anything Hacker said makes him scum. Wrong does not equal scum. You should know. :P
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Slicey »

...wait what the shit i didn't mean to post that I wasn't done. >_>

Page 11 and 12 and final scumlist coming in next post.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Slicey »

Page 11
- Howard, is there anything in particular you find scummy about me?
- Xyl is right and Vala is wrong. Vala should be looking primarily for scum.
- ort, please tell me how Drake is town, how Bogre is town, and what DoS and Zakeri have done that are worthy of them being killed. Are you still basing this on early game stuff?
- Ooh, Zakeri, I watch LP's too! I have the exact same link in my bookmarks lol. What LP are you watching now?
- Ort: Okay. I agree he's town too, although he's more accurate than you are IMHO.
- Bogre, you definitely were near the beginning of the game, during the first 6-7 pages or so.
- Yos: Thank you for answering.

Page 12
- Xyl, like I said, I've disagreed with pretty much all of ort's stuff, but I'm just not seeing it as scummy. My gut is telling me he's town against all odds.
- Howard, why are you lurker hunting? What do you think of ort? How about Bogre.
- Quote from Hacker Post 283:
Overall I don't think that town Bogre would be a bad gunbearer, but I feel that he's too focused on me and Xyl. He's still in my top two, but it's enough of a reason for me to drop him below Ortolan.
No No No NO. Don't destroy my town read on you please.
- Sarag seems to be just jumping on the easy bandwagon and then throwing out random suspicions.
- Hacker, I was kinda wrong about the Sarag coaching. It's more like Bogre was asking for help, and Sarag provided it.

Final Scumlist:
Drake, Sarag, Bogre

I'm nowhere near as sure as Bogre since the beginning of the game. Drake I'm still confident on, based on the couple posts of his I went into detail in. And I'm sure you can find in my analysis where and what I found scummy about Sarag.

This is the most analysis I've done since WoT mafia where I caught scum Flay. >_>
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Slicey »

HowardRoark wrote:
Slicey (301) wrote:Howard, is there anything in particular you find scummy about me?
Can't put a finger on it. Therefore, gut.
Slicey (301) wrote:Howard, why are you lurker hunting? What do you think of ort? How about Bogre.
Lack of posting = lack of information => more difficult scum hunting.
I'm getting a slight town read on ortolan right now.
Concerning Bogre, see my scumlist. (Hint: he's number 2.)
What exactly do you seem scummy about Bogre?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Slicey »

Xylthixlm wrote:Well.. regardless of what Yos decides, the top 4 consensus scummy people are Bogre, rewq455, ortolan, and Sarag (in that order).

If I take those four's votes out of the count, not only does the top 4 stay the same but it also removes
almost every single vote on any player not in that group
. The only exceptions are HowardRoark's votes on Slicey and Zakeri.

Curious fact: nobody put HowardRoark in their top 3.
Howard is my number 4 pick as scum. Based mostly on gut and PoE.
Yos wrote:So far, Rew isn't giving me the bad vibe Drake was. He hasn't really said anything that hasn't already been said, though
Basically this. >_> I'm perfectly fine with either shooting him or Sarag today.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Slicey »

Also, I love my new avatar. ^_^
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

Process of elimination. I feel everyone else other than rewq, Sarag and Bogre is more likely to be town than you.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Slicey »

Vala, that was a bad shot IMHO. Sarag or rewq should have been shot first IMHO.

Either one of those two is fine Bogre.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Slicey »

Slicey wrote:
Final Scumlist:
Drake, Sarag, Bogre

I'm nowhere near as sure as Bogre since the beginning of the game.
Drake I'm still confident on, based on the couple posts of his I went into detail in. And I'm sure you can find in my analysis where and what I found scummy about Sarag.
Howard, read that and then tell me what's so bad about what I said. I wanted Bogre to be shot, just not the first shot. I was not nearly as sure with him as I was Sarag and Drake.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Slicey »

Work/Finals = No time really. Sorry I've been lurking so much. Tomorrow is my last final thank god, so activity should go up a little bit (though I'm til 10 tomorrow and a 15 hour shift on Wednesday so no guarantees.) I'm really sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Slicey »

Hey sorry I had to replace out. Don't even remember why anymore.

Glad I guessed 3 out of the 4 scum correctly though. Had Sarag, Drake, and Howard pegged.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”