890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Percy »

Cults of
Darkness
and
Shadow

This is a mini theme game for 12 players.

The Order of the Light has stood as a safeguard against the powers of Shadow and Darkness for millennia. The mystical Order worships the Light of the Sun and the fertility, warmth and comfort that it brings.

For the first time in history, the Order has been infiltrated. One group, the Cult of Darkness, worships that which the Light cannot touch; the other, the Cult of Shadow, worships the absence of Light.

You have gathered in the congregation hall of the Order to root out these traitors. Both must be stopped. Not all is lost, however; the Cults despise each other more than the Order itself.

The Ritual of Cleansing Fire will purify the Order, but who will say what is pure in the end?

Those Who Walk in
Eternal Shadow

Faraday
, member of the
Cult of Shadow
, survives and wins the game!
Chaco
Guardian
of the
Cult of Shadow

Those Who Are Lost To Us

mipe, consumed by the
First Ritual
, member of the
Cult of Darkness
Seacore, murdered by the
Darkness Cult
on the First Night, member of the
Order of the Light
semioldguy, consumed by the
Second Ritual
, member of the
Order of the Light
SerialClergyman, consumed by the
Second Ritual
Guardian
of the
Cult of Darkness
Magua, murdered by the
Shadow Cult
on the Second Night,
Guardian
of the
Order of the Light
Heilograph
replacing DisCode
, consumed by the
Third Ritual
, member of the
Order of the Light
Deathsauce, murdered by the
Shadow Cult
on the Third Night, member of the
Order of the Light
dramonic
replacing Datadanne
, consumed by the
Fourth Ritual
, member of the
Order of the Light
startransmission, destroyed by foul creatures of
Shadow
at endgame,
Dreamwalker
of the
Order of the Light
Snow_Bunny, destroyed by foul creatures of
Shadow
at endgame, member of the
Order of the Light

Roles and Skills

You will receive one of these PMs:
Order PM wrote:XXXX,

You are a member of the
Order of the Light
, faithful until death. During the Day you may participate in the
Ritual of Cleansing Fire

Win Condition
: You win when all Cultists are dead, even if all the Order members are dead as well.
Darkness PM wrote:XXXX,

You are a member of the
Cult of Darkness
, delighting in deep and terrible places, despising the impurity of the Shadow and its simpering adherents.

You may discuss in private with your fellow member(s) YYYY, ZZZZ, WWWW in this quicktopic thread [link] at any time.

During the Day you may participate in the
Ritual of Cleansing Fire

Each night you may talk with your fellows and decide who amongst the current living players will be slaughtered, as the Darkness commands.

Win Condition
: You win when all the Cult of Shadow is dead and your numbers are equal or greater than the current surviving Order members.
Shadow PM wrote:XXXX,

You are a member of the
Cult of Shadow
, agent of corruption, bearing pure hatred towards your cowardly Dark rivals.

You may discuss in private with your fellow member(s) YYYY, ZZZZ, WWWW in this quicktopic thread [link] at any time.

During the Day you may participate in the
Ritual of Cleansing Fire

Each night you may talk with your fellows and decide who amongst the current living players will be slaughtered, as the Shadow commands.

Win Condition
: You win when all the Cult of Darkness is dead and your numbers are equal or greater than the current surviving Order members.
Some players have additional skills:
Guardian wrote:You are also a
Guardian
. At Night, you may submit to me a name that is not your own. That player will be immune to any attempts on their life for the night, and their dreams will be safe from intrusions.
Dreamwalker wrote:You are also a
Dreamwalker
. At Night, you may submit to me a name that is not your own. You will enter their dreams and determine the object of their worship - Light, Darkness or Shadow - as long as they are not protected by a Guardian.
Possessing these skills is independent of alignment.

The Ritual of Cleansing Fire

In accordance to the Tenets of the Order of Light, the moment corruption was discovered the Ritual was enforced. By consensus, some of you will be destroyed with Holy Fire before the setting of the sun each day.

During the Day, each player may
Incant
a player. At the beginning of the day, consensus requires every living player; as the day wears on, the number of Incantations required diminishes by one.

The threshold will be lowered every three meatworld days, and you will be given ample warning. When the threshold is lowered, a maximum of four players who were one Incantation away from destruction will be killed at that time. If there are more than four such players, those who reached the threshold first will perish.

Incantations must be bolded, e.g.
Incant: Percy
. You may
not
"UnIncant", though you may move your Incantation at any time by simply incanting someone else until the Ritual is complete. You may use
Vote
instead of
Incant
if you prefer.

Illustrations:-At the beginning of the game, 12 Incantations are required to remove a player from the game; three days after the game begins, 11 are required; three days after that, 10 are required, and so forth.

-If 10 players survive the first night, the number required begins at 10 for the second day.

-If two players are at three Incantations with four required and the threshold is subsequently lowered to three, then both will be killed.

-The Ritual cannot be stopped once it has begun; a No Lynch may only occur if no player Incants at all until the threshold is lowered to zero.

-Deadlines will be adhered to strictly. If the deadline is 9pm and your Incant is made at 8:59pm, it will be counted as occuring before the deadline. If your post is made at 9pm exactly, you will be too late, and the deadline will count as having passed before your Incant.

The completion of the Ritual of Cleansing Fire brings on Twilight. No more Incantations will be counted, and those who have been destroyed may make one (non-game-related) post; others may post as usual. Once the thread is locked, the game enters the Night phase, which will last precisely 3 days.

Other Rules

No talking about the game outside of the thread, unless your Role PM has specifically allowed you to do so.

Feel free to PM me and ask me questions, or post your questions in the thread - please bold your mod requests. However, do not quote any private communication from me. Don't
fake
private communication from me and quote it.

No hidden/small text is allowed. There is no mod colour.

There are no secret mechanics.

Not posting for three days will get you a
prod
. Due to the time-sensitive nature of this game, please be aware that
replacement is very, very hard on everybody else, and if you think you may be unavailable
you must let me know
. If you think this commitment is too strenuous,
do not confirm
, let me know and I will find a replacement for you.

will be my backup mod while I'm away from the 12th to the 20th of December. I will extend deadlines over the holiday period as well.

Most Importantly

1. Read the rules before you confirm!
2. Play to win, don't ruin the game for others, don't be a jerk and have fun.

Timezone Conversions

All deadlines will occur at 6pm site time, which is 6pm US Eastern time.

This is the same as:

US Pacific Time: 3pm
Greenwich Mean Time: 11pm
Japan Time: 8am
the next day

Australian Eastern Standard Time: 10am
the next day

PM me your timezone and I'll add it here.
Last edited by Percy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 am, edited 26 times in total.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Percy »

PMs are out, it is now the confirmation stage. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Percy »

Datadanne wrote:Hey, Percy got married, Congrats!
Thank you!
Snow_Bunny wrote:The mod should get a back up mod for those days he will be unavailable... ¬_¬
Indeed I should. I'll find one and get back to you all.

The game will start after 11 confirmations are entered.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Percy »

The glittering city lies straddling the mouth of the great River Jirroha, the River of Light. The sun's brilliant rays dance along the water, spreading warmth and comfort to the city's inhabitants.

You look down upon the city from atop Solastis, the tower that houses the Order and its attendants. The very highest floor is reserved for the meeting of the Council; there is no ceiling to interrupt your view of the glorious, deep red sky of dawn.

The Council has been gathered. Some have come far, others further, to root out the corruption that sits at the heart of Solastis - there is Darkness and Shadow imbedded within the tower, and it must be removed at any cost.

You sit in grand wooden chairs as befits your station, arranged in a circle. You surround a depiction of the sun, many hands across, with twelve stylised points. Each represents a council member, and each shines as bright as the reflected light of the moon.

You begin the Litany as the Sun emerges from the horizon. In unison, you recite your holy text, intoning as many have done before you for thousands of years. At its conclusion, you join together and begin the work of discovering traitors.

"Let the Ritual commence."

Each glowing ray beneath your feet abruptly extinguishes.

Day 1 has begun.

With 12 alive, 12 Incantations are required to complete the Ritual

The Ritual will take only 11 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Sunday the 30th of November (site time).

Magua has 36 hours to pick up his PM or I will replace him.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Percy »

Seacore wrote:
Percy: Can you confirm that there are four cultists in each cult? That's what your example cult text suggests
I cannot confirm the distribution of roles/skills in this game.

The number of cultists suggested in the example PMs may be deliberately misleading.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Percy »

After brief pleasantries are exchanged, a council member stands. Their hands move in quick, controlled movements as the sacred prayer is uttered. At the culmination, they thrust their open hand out towards a seated member.

Another follows. The Ritual has truly begun. The solar insignias on their rainments blaze with light, and will not extinguish until the setting of the sun. One of you will not survive to see another dawn.

Incantation Count

Datadanne - 1 (DisCode)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)

Not Incanting - 10 (Chaco, Datadanne, Deathsauce, Magua, mipe, Seacore, semioldguy, SerialClergyman, Snow_Bunny, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 11 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Sunday the 30th of November (site time).
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #74 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Percy »

"The solution is simple, my dear fellows", begins one of the council members. He is one of the young ones; Kiffard, passionate and hotheaded. "If we let the Ritual consume all of us, we know the taint will have passed from us, and we will bring liberation to the Order. What value is our lives but a fleeting ray of sunlight, here today, departed tomorrow? We have nothing to fear."

His words pass over you, and for a moment the idealism strikes you as worthy of attention. But just as you begin contemplating the virtues of suicide, the oldest member hauls himself up by his gnarled walking stick, creaking and groaning into a standing position.

"Have any of you ever seen this Ritual performed? I have. A long, long time ago. During the reign of Mordana the Tyrant, I was but an attendant; suitably manipulated by her madness, the Council purged five of their number for 'traitorous thoughts and deeds'. Instead of waiting and destroying them one at a time, they were purged simultaneously. The strength of the Ritual was powerful enough to kill everyone in the room, and up to eight floors below. I only survived as I had taken ill with Rubric's Malady a few days earlier.

"Six hundred people died that day. The new council was green, but they were clear on one thing - a disaster like must be avoided at all costs. The Ritual cannot accept more than four sacrifices. Your thoughts may be noble in intention, Kiffard, but they would be dreadful in execution."

Incantation Count

Seacore - 3 (SerialClergyman, DisCode, startransmission)

Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)

Not Incanting - 8 (Chaco, Datadanne, Deathsauce, Magua, mipe, Seacore, semioldguy, Snow_Bunny)

Magua wrote:
Mod: Will alignment be revealed upon death? Will skills?
Yes and yes.

A breaking strategy has been brought to my attention - mass suicide! Nothing in the current ruleset prevents this tactic, and I think winning in this fashion would be rather unsatisfying for all involved. However, as it stands, this is the best strategy for town to pursue to guarantee them a "win".

I have therefore altered the rules concerning the Ritual. The Ritual can only consume a maximum of four players on any given day. If there are more than four players on the required number of Incantations, the four players who received the threshold vote first will be destroyed.

I have also found a backup mod - will look after you for that week while I'm away.

With 12 alive, 12 Incantations are required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)
Faraday - 1 (DeathSauce)
mipe - 1 (Magua)

Not Incanting - 5 (Chaco, Datadanne, mipe, semioldguy, Snow_Bunny)

mipe wrote:
Mod: Do both cults have same amount of cultists? Also, is there any message for when the last cultist from cult X dies?
No comment, and no.

With 12 alive, 12 Incantations are required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Percy »

One of the points of the stylised sun beneath your feet blazes into light. Conversation halts, and for a moment it is bright enough to fill the room with its intense radiance. After a few moments, it softens to a warm glow.

You are all one step closer to completing the Ritual.

Incantation Count

mipe - 2 (Magua, DeathSauce)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)

Not Incanting - 5 (Chaco, Datadanne, mipe, semioldguy, Snow_Bunny)

The Ritual will take only 10 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 2nd of December (site time).

Mod note: The previous deadline was given as Sunday the 30th at 6pm; the Sunday 6pm was correct, but the 30th was not - it should have read 29th. The deadline above is correct.

I know it's been a holiday weekend in the US, so I'll wait until tomorrow to send out prods.

11 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

Seacore - 4 (DisCode, startransmission, semiolguy, mipe)
mipe - 4 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman)

Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)

Not Incanting - 2 (Chaco, Datadanne)

The Ritual will take only 10 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 2nd of December (site time).

Prodding
: Datadanne

11 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Percy »

Another point flares, dazzling those in attendance. The end draws just a little bit closer for one of you.

Incantation Count

mipe - 6 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy)

Seacore - 3 (DisCode, startransmission, mipe)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (Faraday)
DisCode - 1 (Seacore)

Not Incanting - 1 (Chaco)

The Ritual will take only 9 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 5th of December (site time).

mipe wrote:
@MOD:
Percy wrote:Some players have additional skills:
Am I reading this correctly? Does this mean that it's possible that some lucky guy could be both Guardian AND Dreamwalker?
There is nothing in the ruleset that prevents this combination of skills from being given to a single player.

10 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #217 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

mipe - 7 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy, Chaco)

Seacore - 2 (DisCode, mipe)
Datadanne - 2 (startransmission, Seacore)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 9 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 5th of December (site time).

10 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #234 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by Percy »

Another point flares. The ends of the illuminated points form an equilateral triangle, harmonising with the pure beauty of the ordered universe.

Incantation Count

mipe - 8 (Magua, DeathSauce, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy, Chaco, startransmission)

Datadanne - 1 (Seacore)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 8 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Tuesday the 8th of December (site time).

9 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #270 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

mipe - 6 (Magua, Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, Datadanne, semioldguy, startransmission)

Datadanne - 2 (Seacore, Chaco)
Snow_Bunny - 1 (DeathSauce)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 8 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Tuesday the 8th of December (site time).

Prodding
: Datadanne. He has until the next deadline to post or he will be force-replaced.

9 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #293 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Percy »

Seacore wrote:
Mod: Sorry, to clarify your use of 'next'. Does this mean, later today (what's site time again?) or does this mean the deadline after that?
Tuesday 8th December, 6pm - the next time the required number of incantations drops.

Site time is the time that appears in your post; for example, at the top of the post where Seacore asked this question, you can see:
Seacore wrote:Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:52 pm
I have updated the OP with timezone conversions.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Percy »

One of the points flares, and at that instant one of your number is pulled from their chair by some unseen force. He is dragged to the center of the floor at the centre of the sun and is immobilised upright, his face turned upwards towards the sky.

Eight of you step forward and remove the solar insignia on your coats and place them on the unlit points. As the last one clicks on the marble floor, the entire room blazes with light. There is a short, sharp scream, followed by silence. Nothing remains, and all the points go dark. Wordlessly, you retrieve your holy symbols.

Upon a thorough search of his quarters, you find that he was no loyal servant of the Order. You retire for the evening, satisfied with today's work, to begin anew tomorrow.

mipe
was a
Member of the Cult of Darkness

First Ritual Final Incantation Count

mipe - 8 (Snow_Bunny, SerialClergyman, dramonic, semioldguy, startransmission, Chaco, Seacore, DeathSauce)

dramonic - 1 (Magua)
Chaco - 1 (Faraday)
mipe wrote:
Mod: Is it possible that there are more than 4 on one cult? So is it possible that one cult could have, say, 5 members?
Possible? Yes.

dramonic replaces Datadanne.

Night actions are due to me by Friday 11th of December at 6pm site time.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #316 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Percy »

After the rising of the sun in the East, you make your way up to the council chambers. Not all of you are present; a member has fallen to the knives of the cultists.

Two points are flared already. You will have less time today to reach a decision than yesterday. Clutching your insignia, you prepare to hunt the traitor - or attempt to survive another Ritual of Cleansing Fire.

Seacore was killed by members of the
Darkness Cult
, and was a
Member of the Order of Light

EDIT: Originally this said Shadow Cult, but it was in fact the Darkness Cult who was responsible for Seacore's death last night.

Clarification: Skills are revealed upon death, so if no skill is revealed with a flip, that player had no skills to begin with.

This will be my last message in this game until the 21st of December;
tracker
will be taking over votecounts and fielding questions, so thank you tracker :D

With 10 alive, it currently takes 10 incantations to complete the Ritual.

The Ritual will take only 9 incantations to complete on Sunday December 13th at 6pm (site time).
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #493 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Percy »

Hi all, I'm back from my honeymoon and will resume moderation duties, including finding a replacement for DisCord.

Thanks again to tracker for a great job of taking over while I was away.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #498 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Heilograph indeed replaces DisCode.

semi's V/LA noted, thanks.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #512 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

SerialClergyman - 3 (Faraday, Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)
Snow_Bunny - 3 (semioldguy, SerialClergyman, Heilograph)

semioldguy - 2 (Chaco, startransmission)
startransmission - 1 (Magua)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 5 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Monday the 28th of December (site time).

Note the deadline extension, Merry Christmas.

6 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #526 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

SerialClergyman - 3 (Faraday, Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)
semioldguy - 3 (Chaco, SerialClergyman, startransmission)

Snow_Bunny - 2 (semioldguy, Heilograph)
startransmission - 1 (Magua)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 5 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Monday the 28th of December (site time).

Prods going out tomorrow.

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #551 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Percy »

The room begins to hum, resonating with the pure light streaming from the midday sun. Seven points are now lit, and you all feel the pull towards the centre a little more strongly.

Incantation Count

SerialClergyman - 2 (Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny)
Heilograph - 2 (Magua, Faraday)
Snow_Bunny - 2 (semioldguy, Heilograph)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 4 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Friday the 1st of January (site time).

An extra day has been added to the next deadline due to NYE. dramonic has been prodded.

5 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Last edited by Percy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #558 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by Percy »

Count was right, names were not. Heilograph and semioldguy are currently incanting Snow_Bunny.

Obviously, semioldguy is not a doublevoter, and doublevote mechanics are not in use in this game.

VC edited, apologies for the confusion.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #584 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Percy »

All of you feel a warm rush of air against your back, pushing and urging you closer to the centre. You dig your fingers into your armrests, as much to remain calm as seated. Eight points are illuminated as the sun makes its way towards the horizon and the blood red dusk that will greet its arrival.

Incantation Count

Snow_Bunny - 1 (Heilograph)
startransmission - 1 (semioldguy)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 3 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Monday the 4th of January (site time).

4 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #611 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

startransmission - 1 (semioldguy)
Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

The Ritual will take only 3 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Monday the 4th of January (site time).

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #631 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

The hum rises to a roar as semioldguy is pulled out of his chair. He holds on to his armrests with grim determination as the Ritual draws to a close. The points along the floor blaze with light.

With precious few minutes remaining, semioldguy makes a decision. "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me, SerialClergyman!"

With a roar, he clutches his insignia and yells the words of the Incantation, slipping from his seat and spiralling into the centre. SerialClergyman soars out of his seat, and both meet in a great clash. You shield your eyes, and the deafening roar abruptly stops, to be replaced by an even louder silence. The afterimage of the two victims, still struggling at their final moments, takes hours to fade.

Night falls.

semioldguy was a
Member of the Order of the Light
SerialClergyman was a
Guardian
of the Cult of Darkness

Second Ritual Final Incantation Count

SerialClergyman - 3 (Deathsauce, Snow_Bunny, semioldguy)

Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

You have until 6:00pm Thursday the 7th of January (site time) to submit your Night actions to me.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #632 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Percy »

The cold and unforgiving night is once again dispelled by the coming of the glorious dawn. One less in number, you assemble in the council chambers to once again conduct the Ritual of Cleansing Fire.

Time grows short - when you assemble, five points are already beaming their holy light to the heavens.

Magua was killed by members of the
Shadow Cult
, and was a
Guardian
of the
Order of the Light

With 7 alive, it currently takes 7 Incantations to complete the Ritual.

The Ritual will take only 6 Incantations to complete on Sunday January 10th at 6pm (site time)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #656 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)
Chaco - 1 (Deathsauce)
startransmission - 1 (Snow_Bunny)

Not Incanting - 4 (Heilograph, Faraday, dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 6 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Sunday the 10th of January (site time).

Prods will go out tomorrow.

7 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Last edited by Percy on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #666 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Post by Percy »

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)
Chaco - 1 (Deathsauce)
Heilograph - 1 (Faraday)

Not Incanting - 4 (Heilograph, dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 5 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 13th of January (site time).

Prodding
: Heilograph.

Last edited by Percy on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #668 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Percy »

Herp derp derp. Prodding Heilograph.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #684 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Percy »

The Ritual hastens. More than half of the points forming the blazing emblem at your feet are filled with pure light.

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)
Chaco - 1 (Deathsauce)
Heilograph - 1 (Faraday)

Not Incanting - 4 (Heilograph, dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 4 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 16th of January (site time).

5 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #702 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Percy »

Faster and faster, the destruction of one of your own approaches.

Incantation Count

startransmission - 2 (Snow_Bunny, Heilograph)
Heilograph - 2 (Faraday, Deathsauce)

dramonic - 1 (Chaco)

Not Incanting - 2 (dramonic, startransmission)

The Ritual will take only 3 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Tuesday the 19th of January (site time).

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #711 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Percy »

With narrow eyes and shallow breath, four surviving members focus on bringing the Ritual to a close, straining in concentration. With a sharp yelp, Heilograph is pulled from his chair and is consumed in a flash of light.

Heilograph
was a member of the
Order of the Light

Third Ritual Final Incantation Count

Heilograph - 4 (Faraday, Deathsauce, startransmission, Snow_Bunny)

startransmission - 1 (Heilograph)
dramonic - 1 (Chaco)

Not Incanting - 1 (dramonic)

You have until 6:00pm Thursday the 21st January (site time) to submit your Night actions to me.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #712 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Percy »

You make the long and winding journey up the stairs to the top of the tower, and are greeted by the sun's morning glow on your face.

More than half your number have been purged, yet corruption remains. Seven points are lit as you make your way into the airy chamber, ready to submit another to the sun's purifying rays.

Deathsauce
was killed by members of the
Shadow Cult
, and was a member of the
Order of the Light

With 5 alive, it currently takes 5 Incantations to complete the Ritual.

The Ritual will take only 4 incantations to complete on Sunday January 24th at 6pm (site time).

EDIT: It appears as though the site is having some difficulty in updating the thread title and the OP. I'll have those issues fixed as soon as possible.
EDITEDIT: Seems to be fixed now. Carry on.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #736 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Percy »

Another flash of light strikes your faces, lifting your gaze to the heavens. Time grows short.

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (startransmission)

Not Incanting - 4 (Chaco, dramonic, Faraday, Snow_Bunny)

The Ritual will take only 3 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 27th of January (site time).

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #761 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by Percy »

Radiant rays of every hue pour in through the open roof, slicing through the clean air and meeting the pulsating, glowing sun symbol on the floor. The Ritual advances.

Incantation Count

dramonic - 2 (startransmission, Snow_Bunny)

Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

Not Incanting - 2 (Chaco, Faraday)

The Ritual will take only 2 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Saturday the 30th of January (site time).

3 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #769 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Percy »

dramonic screams as he is pulled into the maelstrom of fire gathered in the centre of the room. The Ritual draws to a close.

"Ah, that's better!" says Faraday, leaning over his chair towards Chaco.

"Yes, being a minority in this Council was quite tedious!" replies Chaco, and dark looks cross their faces. They throw their hands to the coming night, and the blazing emblem, the symbol of peace and light, winks out.

Where there was Light, there is now only shadow. Strange, twisted creatures emerge from darkened corners and lope towards the last surviving loyalists.

"There's going to be some changes around here," say Faraday with a menacing smile.

Shadow falls across the Tower.

dramonic
was a member of the
Order of the Light

startransmission
, destroyed by foul creatures of
Shadow
at endgame, was a
Dreamwalker
of the
Order of the Light
Snow_Bunny
, destroyed by foul creatures of
Shadow
at endgame, was a member of the
Order of the Light

Faraday
, member of the
Cult of Shadow
Chaco
Guardian
of the
Cult of Shadow

Fourth Ritual Final Incantation Count

dramonic - 4 (startransmission, Snow_Bunny, Chaco, Faraday)

Chaco - 1 (dramonic)

Congratulations to the Shadow Cult on their victory, and thank you all for playing! Infodump coming soon.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #782 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Action Reveal

Night 1

startransmission attempts to enter the dreams of semioldguy
Magua guards semioldguy
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow attempts to kill semioldguy
SerialClergyman guards Datadanne/dramonic
Darkness kills Seacore

Night 2

startransmission enters the dreams of Deathsauce
Magua guards Snow_Bunny
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow kills Magua

Night 3

startransmission enters the dreams of Snow_Bunny
Chaco guards Faraday
Shadow kills Deathsauce

Quicktopics

Shadow
Darkness

Mod Notes

Guardians are quite problematic, in that they block investigations as well as night kills. Notice that SerialClergyman guarded dramonic after the death of his partner in an attempt to sow confusion, but semioldguy was far too great an attractor of night actions that night. Claiming in startransmission's position is very tempting, but did cause the Light some problems.
Well done to the Shadow team in your accurate read of Magua. Losing the Guardian was a large factor in the Light's loss.
I'm glad we had a double Incantation at one point, and the heroic semioldguy's final Incantation was very good.
"Elder Dreamwalker" was a great claim in an open setup! Poor Darkness...
I'm glad the setup didn't get in the way of conversation too much, which has been a problem in some of my games. I toyed with the idea of making the scum teams unbalanced, but as this is my first game modding with this setup I wanted to make sure everyone had a fair fighting chance.

Best of the Winners
: Faraday
Best of the Rest
: semioldguy

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know your thoughts on the setup; the comments already posted have been quite helpful.

I really enjoyed watching this game unfold, and it was a pleasure to mod. Thanks everybody, and congratulations again to the Shadow team.

Advertisement

Sometime very soon I'm going to be starting a Large Theme, based on the Stars Aligned setup I've run before, but with some bug fixing. I'd be happy to pre-\in any of you (with the exception of mipe) if you're interested.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #783 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Percy »

Faraday wrote:I *love* the incantation idea (I see another set-up using it too, atm)
For anyone who is curious, this game is Vi's Mafia Reverberation. It is proving to be a very good read!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”