ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

Post by ortolan »

Xylthixlm wrote:
ortolan wrote:fyi I never do. I would only defend someone as scum if I would defend them as town.
Unfortunately for you, when you're scum you're horrible at judging what you would have done as town.
source?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 am

Post by ortolan »

I just iso read Xyl again, he's playing pretty much exactly like he did in LAL, ergo he's very likely to be town. That doesn't mean his scumlist doesn't suck though.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:24 am

Post by ortolan »

Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake
I would bet 0, or 1 of these people is scum

p.s. the "1" isn't me
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 am

Post by Zakeri »

I have no problem with psycho analysis. I do have a problem with calling someone scum and then trying to find tiny cysts where you can substitute scummy thought process for carelessness of wording and then calling it psycho analysis.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by rite »

Checking in because I've been prodded. Sorry I've been busy, new job.

Honestly, I don't have much new to add. Xyl's list pretty much corresponds to my "suspicious" list, though I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm confident that all or the majority of them are scum.

Bogre's still my number one scum guess, Vala, I want to make sure that's clear.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

ortolan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
ortolan wrote:fyi I never do. I would only defend someone as scum if I would defend them as town.
Unfortunately for you, when you're scum you're horrible at judging what you would have done as town.
source?
Everyone is. I have no reason to believe you're an exception.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Slicey »

BTW, I'm not calling ort obvtown or anything. I'm unsure about him at this time.

Also, I'll respond to Sarag once I have time to actually post something of value.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Talilan »

Zakeri wrote:I have no problem with psycho analysis. I do have a problem with calling someone scum and then trying to find tiny cysts where you can substitute scummy thought process for carelessness of wording and then calling it psycho analysis.
It's not "psychoanalysis" anyway :) Plus, again, I'm not "trying to find a scummy thought process" at all, it was something which he went out of his way to say, which has no meaning.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 am

Post by ortolan »

- me
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

ortolan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake
I would bet 0, or 1 of these people is scum

p.s. the "1" isn't me
Why?
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

rite wrote:Checking in because I've been prodded. Sorry I've been busy, new job.

Honestly, I don't have much new to add. Xyl's list pretty much corresponds to my "suspicious" list,
though I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm confident that all or the majority of them are scum.

This entire post strikes me as playing it too safe, particularly the bolded part. Let's take the scumlist of a respected MSer and agree with it while simultaneously saying "but I could be wrong, lol". If you're town, you really don't need to cover yourself with a disclaimer like that. If you're scum, it's a good thing to point back at later with a, "don't blame me that they all flipped town, I said I wasn't sure." I also think Bogre is more likely to be an easy scapegoat rather than actually scum, but that's just how he came across to me.

Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill, but rite seems like one of the better candidates to me atm. (Yeah, you heard me, I actually gave my opinion on someone.)
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

VMD: now would be a good time to ask more questions... I could ask some myself but I think it's more important for you to ask questions where the answers will be useful to you.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Bogre wrote: I believe she's referencing the fact that it's unlikely he'd be so openly defending every scumbuddy of his.
Meh. I've seen it happen.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I have a question for Yos: do you think the scum would have been better off picking you as initial gunbearer instead of VMD?

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Xylthixlm wrote:VMD: now would be a good time to ask more questions... I could ask some myself but I think it's more important for you to ask questions where the answers will be useful to you.
If you have questions, I suggest you go ahead and ask them and not wait for me to come up with them on my own. I am going to do a reread of this game sometime in the next couple of days or so, but until that time I doubt I'll have anything much to say unless rite responds to my interpretation of his post or some lurkers come out of the shadows.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

EBWOP: On that note, I would like to point out that Vaya and DraketheFake are both currently online at the time I am writing this.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

Post by DraketheFake »

rite wrote:Checking in because I've been prodded. Sorry I've been busy, new job.

Honestly, I don't have much new to add. Xyl's list pretty much corresponds to my "suspicious" list, though I wouldn't go as far to say that I'm confident that all or the majority of them are scum.

Latching onto a seemingly aggressive town player's scum list for lack of any actual content to add? Check. Further irony of echoing the sentiments of a player who hasn't reasoned his own suspicions? Check.

It occurs to me that correct play as a townie is to encourage being shot, but that the way to avoid being shot is not to try and avoid being shot. Which is a bit of a mindfuck, but the last thing a scum wants is to be shot: it's a huge momentum swing, etc. Townies, on the other hand, should want the gun, or at least not be averse to it. Bogre's "don't shoot me I'm town" attitude makes even less sense in this light, especially in regards to his appeal to Vala's life.

Of course, the other way to hypothetically avoid being shot is to lurk. But it doesn't seem like a prudent strategy to do so here (somebody already brought up LAL), since shooting a random lurker is even less risky than it normally is - there's no night to reckon with. I'm yammering away and most of this comes down to WIFOM, I suppose.

Vala, your suspicion of Vaya I presume comes from his complete lack of posting so far. What about Zakeria? Is there any reason to keep your suspicions so close to the chest? Or was that even a conscious decision?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Drake, your post first regurgitates what I have already pointed out, then goes on a tangent about whether or not a townie should want to be shot and how to avoid being shot, which at best is a waste of space and at worst downright intentionally distracting. I don't give a rat's ass what you think about the theory surrounding this particular mutation of mafia; I care about what you have to say about yourself and other players in the game, especially since you've been one of the less active posters. Do you have anything more useful to contribute, or should I just go ahead and shoot you now?

Something to get you started:

Why do you assume I am suspicious of Vaya? (I merely called her(?) out for not posting enough.) Why are you diverting attention to Zakeri, who I have also called out previously? Why are you so eager to know what my suspicions are, and why are you questioning whether keeping my thoughts to myself was a conscious decision or not? Why does it matter why I do what I do if I am confirmed town?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Also: Vaya is still online and continues to neglect to post.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Vaya »

/prodded

Again, sorry I haven't been posting here yet. I'll try to read up and start posting by tomorrow, and if I don't get around to it by then, I'll be requesting replacement.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Fair enough. :|
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DraketheFake wrote:It occurs to me that correct play as a townie is to encourage being shot
Absolutely not. That is the worst possible thing you could do as a townie.
Xylthixlm wrote:Public service announcement:

Do not deliberately act scummy so that you will get the gun.

I know someone is considering it. Don't.

That is all.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:I have a question for Yos: do you think the scum would have been better off picking you as initial gunbearer instead of VMD?
Eh, not really. I like to think I'd do ok as gunbearer although day 1 is likely to be somewhat random no matter what. Also, I'd expect the scum to want to start out giving the gun to someone who's less experenced.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

DraketheFake wrote: It occurs to me that correct play as a townie is to encourage being shot, but that the way to avoid being shot is not to try and avoid being shot.
And, yeah, Xyl is right here, that is NOT what a townie should do. The town wins if the townies don't get shot and loses if they do. If 5 townies play well enough so they never get shot, the town wins.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

I'll amend: correct play as a
suspected
townie. This game rests more squarely on the decision-making/scum-hunting abilities of the individual rather than the group. Since the penalty for being incorrectly suspected isn't death - and since survival instinct won't kick in - the only person coming under suspicion who should hedge at the prospect of being shot this early is a scum player. Yes, a townie under early suspicion in the interests of the town playing a perfect game might try desperately to avoid the gun, but the unique mechanics of the game make it so that weaseling out from under the gun should basically be a heavy scum tell.

Having said that, Bogre's answer was in response to a loaded question, so it doesn't really lead us anywhere.

Vala Mal Doran wrote:Why do you assume I am suspicious of Vaya? (I merely called her(?) out for not posting enough.)
Hm. Gee.
Xylthixlm, Post 133 wrote:
Vala Mal Doran wrote:Certain people who know who they are need to talk more, or risk being shot.
I suggest naming names
Val Mal Doran, Post 134 wrote: Vaya and Zakeri, mostly.
Yeah you're right, I have no idea where I got the idea you were suspicious of Vaya.
Vala Mal Doran wrote:Why are you diverting attention to Zakeri, who I have also called out previously? Why are you so eager to know what my suspicions are, and why are you questioning whether keeping my thoughts to myself was a conscious decision or not? Why does it matter why I do what I do if I am confirmed town?
Pardon me for attempting to engage an player in this game in a discussion about their suspicions.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”