Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Quagmire »

mith, have you ever checked out http://www.dreamhost.com? Unlimited hosting and bandwidth for a steal of a price. Their customer service and features are excellent.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Quagmire »

diginova wrote:
Quagmire wrote:mith, have you ever checked out http://www.dreamhost.com? Unlimited hosting and bandwidth for a steal of a price. Their customer service and features are excellent.
None of those places ever give unlimited; you're on a public non-dedicated server, so they'll cut you off if you're using too much of their resources.
I've heard nothing but good things from them. Mafiascum wouldn't fall under this category:
What we mean is, you don't have to worry about disk storage or network transfer when your site gets popular.

You DO still have to worry about plenty of other things though... if your site isn't well optimized and is causing issues for others on your shared server (either because it's pounding the CPU, hogging RAM, or doing tons of disk I/O), you may be asked to sign up for your own DreamHost Private Server.

Trust us, every host out there has exactly the same limitations.. we're just trying to be up front about them!

What's not allowed in "Unlimited"?
Basically, sites whose essential purpose is to use disk or bandwidth.

When making a website, you should be thinking about "How can I make an interesting site for my visitors while minimizing my server storage, bandwidth, file system, memory, and cpu impact as much as possible?"

Return to “Global Announcements”