Mini 886 - Popcorn Mafia - Game over!

Yosarian2
(shrug)
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2005
Location: New Jersey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #200  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Yeah, I agree with Xyl. I'd definalty rather shoot Drake then Rite.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #201  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:53 pm

I agree with both of them.

@Vala: I was in depth with my reasoning because you asked me to be. I thought that was the point of the exercise, to get to know a little bit about how I play this game. My posts tend to be less wordy than that one on the whole, but when necessary I can post a block of text.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

Vala Mal Doran
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 21, 2009
Pronoun: She

Post Post #202  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Noted, DoS.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.

Elmo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 07, 2007
Location: happy
Pronoun: She

Post Post #203  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:10 pm

HowardRoark replaces Vaya. Thanks!

DraketheFake, Sarag & Zakeri have been prodded; Slicey & rite are V/LA.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

HowardRoark
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 27, 2008
Location: PA, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #204  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Howdy, y'all! I am reading up and will have some thoughts for you ASAP.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.

HowardRoark
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 27, 2008
Location: PA, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #205  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 pm

I've never played a nightless game like this (or Kingmaker), so this will be interesting.

Sarag (8) wrote:I guess we should vote or FoS even though it has no game effect, in order to aid scumhunting. Like this: FoS: rite
Why rite? He hadn't even posted?

Slicey (16) wrote:I don't like Sarag's post. The part about voting and FoSing seems forced IMHO.

Vala, do not be impulsive about your shot. Wait and make sure you're making the right decision before you shoot someone. I have absolutely no idea how you play, which is why I'm giving you this warning now.
And yours doesn't?

Zakeri (18) wrote:I would imagine the opposite, what with scum needed to read and understand the rules that apply to them, while town doesn't.
So wrong.

Slicey (34) wrote:I have a hard time getting anything of value out of the RVS, and mainly Day 1 in general.
I can understand your D1 frustrations, however, this reads like an excuse to be less helpful. (Thank goodness I like your activity post 87.)

ortolan (43) wrote:I already find rite, Zakeri, Drake, and DragonsofSummer scummy.
Why? (Why do I have to ask that?)

Bogre (54) wrote:You also scumslipped. You said you know I'm a townie, and to tell us something you don't know. Only scum know I'm a townie.

So, you're scum.
*facepalm* EPIC FAIL.

Bogre (59) wrote:Rite is scum.

You may fire when ready.
Attempt to create WIFOM when/if he is shot.

Bogre (70) wrote:I was presenting the position that I knew would garner reactions.
Sarag (71) wrote:Bogre, my first reaction to that post is: Holy backtracking, Batman!!
QFT

Bogre (76) wrote:I have the freedom to act pretty dynamically to see how people bend or prickle in response. I mean, no one can cause my death except myself, so its really moot on what anyone else thinks of -me-.
*facepalm*

Bogre (78) to rite wrote:Oh hello, scum.
More WIFOM creation.

Xylthixlm (80) wrote:If we're lucky Bogre is scum trying to seem like a townie trying to get the gun. If we're unlucky Bogre is a townie who is playing against the town. Either way I want him dead as soon as possible.
The good news: I agree. The bad news: If he's not scum that means his death equals two town deaths.
Xylthixlm (84) wrote:Shooting him puts him next on the list to die. That's good enough for me.
If you're town, I don't like this attitude/view. If you're Bogre's scum buddy, then I love it.

DraketheFake (88) wrote:once a scum is in the deer lights it might be a good strategy in this game to imply that the next choice is going to come right away to scare off concerned townies.
Explain further please.

ortolan (91) wrote:Bogre always acts like this; it's clearly naught but a null-tell from him.
So how do you propose that we handle him?

@Bogre: (regarding post 99) Yes. Your play (if you are town) has created a lot of focus on you, distracting attention away from others and is therefore anti-town.


There's a start. I'll finish the rest of the thread soon. Once I have enough responses I'll share my targeting thoughts.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.

ortolan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 27, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #206  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Xyl: I dunno about Drake. I found his first post scummy, I think that was for tone somehow, but it wasn't a very good read by me. While I heavily dislike PBPAs because I find them hard to navigate and not very useful; his post 88 looks like it features a lot of earnest reasoning. The main thing is he displays some attitude, but I'm sure he'd equally display that attitude as scum if he'd display it as town.

I'm also not sure what he'd have to gain as scum particularly by arguing what he is with Xyl. It's possible he's doing it to feign activity though.

Drake: who would you say are your top four scum suspects in the game?

In looking at Bogre in the process I actually think there is a good chance he's scum. His macho ramblings and hyper-aggressiveness I think may be going too far for him, compared to how he usually plays. And it looks like he might just be OMGUSing everyone deliberately to suggest he is townie playing badly.

HowardRoark (205) wrote:Why? (Why do I have to ask that?)


I like to leave people hanging sometimes. It's entertaining. Also it can elicit some good reactions.

HowardRoark (205) wrote:So how do you propose that we handle him?


Now that I've reconsidered, shooting him might be a good idea.

~~~

I would go for a shot on rite, DoS, Bogre or Zakeri.

Bogre
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 18, 2006

Post Post #207  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm

HowardRoark wrote:stuff


Hey, way to read through the thread and post, uh, nothing new.

Pretty easy to parrot the things -everyone- else has come up with.

Why are you calling my finding of ritescum as an EPIC FAIL?
Show

Sarag
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2009
Location: Australia
Pronoun: She

Post Post #208  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 am

*sigh* just got my prod. I'm sorry, I've been really busy but I'm enjoying this game so I don't want to replace out. I'm going to give myself til tomorrow night to catch up or request replacement.
*twitches*

Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2006
Pronoun: He

Post Post #209  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 am

Bogre wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:stuff


Hey, way to read through the thread and post, uh, nothing new.

Pretty easy to parrot the things -everyone- else has come up with.

WTF? Would you rather he not posted anything?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Yosarian2
(shrug)
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2005
Location: New Jersey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #210  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 am

Xylthixlm wrote:
Bogre wrote:
HowardRoark wrote:stuff


Hey, way to read through the thread and post, uh, nothing new.

Pretty easy to parrot the things -everyone- else has come up with.

WTF? Would you rather he not posted anything?


Obviously Bogre's just annoyed that someone else agrees that he's wrong about everything, anti-town, and also kind of scummy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2006
Pronoun: He

Post Post #211  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake

Still happy about this list. Sarag has the potential to remove himself if he starts actually playing. The other three had better hope that someone else does something really really scummy, because otherwise they'll be my top suspects for a while...
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

HowardRoark
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 27, 2008
Location: PA, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #212  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:46 pm

@DragonsofSummer: In post 201 you agree with Xylthixlm and Yosarian2 that DraketheFake needs to be shot before rite. This is the first mention of any suspects from you. Explain please.

@Zakeri: Who do you want to receive the bullet?

@rite: What do you think of Sarag?

@Slicey: What do you think of DragonsofSummer?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #213  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm

DragonsofSummer wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:1. So you think that with a 7/11 chance of hitting town a town player should act nervous and defensive if the gun is pointed their way?

Town players should try to avoid getting shot. Acting nervous and defensive is not likely to prevent you from getting shot.

DraketheFake wrote:2. I'd love to hear how 1 leads to 2, though I understand it isn't really your style so far to give any kind of reasoning.

If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a town player should act, the flaw in your reasoning is blatant and obvious. If you're looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act, it's extremely subtle. I conclude that you are looking at the game from the perspective of how a scum player should act. This makes you highly likely to be scum. Q.E.D.


QFT


I was showing my suspicion in this post here. I didn't feel the need to restate what they have said so I QFT'd it.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 22, 2007
Location: In the Shadows...
Pronoun: He

Post Post #214  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

EBWOP: They meaning xyl, and more recently Yos.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden

ortolan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 27, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #215  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 am

Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake

Still happy about this list. Sarag has the potential to remove himself if he starts actually playing. The other three had better hope that someone else does something really really scummy, because otherwise they'll be my top suspects for a while...


do you think posting this might discourage these players from attacking you?

Sarag
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 08, 2009
Location: Australia
Pronoun: She

Post Post #216  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

Catch-up since page 5.

Discussion between ortolan and rite - they both seem to be nitpicking in an unhelpful way. I don't find ortolan's accusations of rite to be particularly compelling, but rite seems to be misrepresenting ort's case. I think rite comes out a little worse in it, since misrepresenting someone's argument seems less town than making a flimsy case in the early game. I have a slightly town "vibe" from rite, but that may only be because he was attacked by Bogre in a really poor way, so I may have to re-assess him.

I also think ortolan's case on DoS isn't too compelling.

ort vs Zakeri - I agree with ortolan that speculating about motivations is not in any way scummy. I think Zakeri was responding to the apparent trifling nature of ortolan's accusations though, which I agree with.

Xylthixlm - I'm finding him pretty hard to read. I'm not really familiar with this kind of super aggressive playstyle. He doesn't seem too interested in playing transparently which concerns me.

DraketheFake wrote:It occurs to me that correct play as a townie is to encourage being shot

Uh... WTF?? His follow-up is also bad. This adds to my suspicions from his earlier analysis (88).

ortolan 195 wrote:I also want to know how the opinions of a confirmed town player compare to my own, because that is a good way of calibrating whether the reactions I might get from other players are town or scummy.

I don't really get this... Ortolan, would you clarify, please?

Vala - I have a mild town read on rite, and a scummy read on DraketheFake. I'd be much more comfortable shooting Drake at this point. I agree with ortolan, that he seems to just be posting for activity points. I'm still reading way too many people as neutral, though, so I'd be happy to use the next ten days to try to firm up some impressions.

HowardRoark wrote:
Sarag (8) wrote:I guess we should vote or FoS even though it has no game effect, in order to aid scumhunting. Like this: FoS: rite
Why rite? He hadn't even posted?

I gave an explanation right after the text you quoted. It was "only scum don't capitalise their names". Witness my failed attempt at a RVS.

HowardRoark wrote:
Xylthixlm (80) wrote:If we're lucky Bogre is scum trying to seem like a townie trying to get the gun. If we're unlucky Bogre is a townie who is playing against the town. Either way I want him dead as soon as possible.
The good news: I agree. The bad news: If he's not scum that means his death equals two town deaths.

Does this mean you think rite is town?
*twitches*

Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2006
Pronoun: He

Post Post #217  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 am

ortolan wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Scum: Bogre, Sarag, ortolan, DraketheFake

Still happy about this list. Sarag has the potential to remove himself if he starts actually playing. The other three had better hope that someone else does something really really scummy, because otherwise they'll be my top suspects for a while...


do you think posting this might discourage these players from attacking you?

I'd expect it to encourage you, if anything. But I don't really care.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2006
Pronoun: He

Post Post #218  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am

Sarag wrote:Discussion between ortolan and rite - they both seem to be nitpicking in an unhelpful way. I don't find ortolan's accusations of rite to be particularly compelling, but rite seems to be misrepresenting ort's case. I think rite comes out a little worse in it, since misrepresenting someone's argument seems less town than making a flimsy case in the early game. I have a slightly town "vibe" from rite, but that may only be because he was attacked by Bogre in a really poor way, so I may have to re-assess him.

Waffle harder please.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Zakeri
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 28, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #219  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm

@Zakeri: Who do you want to receive the bullet?


Bogre is still top for me for trying to whip out fake scum tells early on. Ortolan is a little further behind since while he's voting on wifom, there's still a chance of being right while following the logic.

between Drake and Rite however, I can't really decide. They both have almost equal amounts of "trying-to-look-like-they're-helping-without-actually-doing-so", with the large difference to me being that Drake is slightly more unpleasant in attitude. between the two of them, it's likely there isn't a wrong answer.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I wish I ever got messages like this." - Vi

Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2006
Pronoun: He

Post Post #220  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Zakeri wrote:between Drake and Rite however, I can't really decide. They both have almost equal amounts of "trying-to-look-like-they're-helping-without-actually-doing-so", with the large difference to me being that Drake is slightly more unpleasant in attitude. between the two of them, it's likely there isn't a wrong answer.

Handy probability trick: The question "Who is more likely to be scum, A or B?" always has the same answer as the question "Is it more likely that A is scum without B, or that B is scum without A?" If you can't figure out an answer to the first, try asking the second.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi

Yosarian2
(shrug)
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2005
Location: New Jersey
Pronoun: He

Post Post #221  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:
Sarag wrote:Discussion between ortolan and rite - they both seem to be nitpicking in an unhelpful way. I don't find ortolan's accusations of rite to be particularly compelling, but rite seems to be misrepresenting ort's case. I think rite comes out a little worse in it, since misrepresenting someone's argument seems less town than making a flimsy case in the early game. I have a slightly town "vibe" from rite, but that may only be because he was attacked by Bogre in a really poor way, so I may have to re-assess him.

Waffle harder please.


Yup.

The way Sarag is posting here makes me suspect that Sarag is scum, possibly scum with ortolan, and and rite is town. That's just how it sounds to me, like Sarag is trying to get rite lynched and defend Ortolan, especally now that the king's declared she might shoot rite today, but he's trying to do so in a really wishy washy way so he dosn't get called on it if rite does get shot and then gets the gun.

Unlikely as it seems, it's really starting to seem possible to me that Xyl may actually right about his entire list, which would just be completely absurd.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

ortolan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 27, 2008
Pronoun: He

Post Post #222  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:00 pm

If Sarag is scum, she is scum with rite fo sho, and Drake is town

Sarag wrote:I don't really get this... Ortolan, would you clarify, please?


It can be useful. One example is if a confirmed town player finds you scummy. You know that if people claim to find you scummy for the same reasons their sentiments may be more likely to be genuine.

either way I would like a shot on rite numero uno
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.

HowardRoark
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 27, 2008
Location: PA, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #223  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm

@mod: please prod . . .
Slicey
last post: 12/02/2009 14:54
DraketheFake last post: 12/03/2009 00:03
rite last post: 12/03/2009 01:28
Borge last post: 12/05/2009 21:33
Vala Mal Doran last post: 12/05/2009 13:54


I'm still awaiting responses from some these players.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.

Elmo
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 07, 2007
Location: happy
Pronoun: She

Post Post #224  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 pm

DraketheFake was prodded Saturday the 5th and has about 15 hours until I look for a replacement.
Slicey is marked as V/LA in his sig, and rite declared V/LA until today (Monday) in his last post; I'll prod them by request, since you ask.
Bogre & Vala Mal Doran have been prodded.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Theme Games