AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Greetings ... from space!

I'm here to add inject some awesome into this game. But first, I have to sit down for a nice read of it. BRB.

P.S. - It seems ya'll like to play extra close to the deadline. :P
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Alright then, just finished a first read. Since there's less than 24 hours left today, here's an abridged version of my reads:

Town
Vala Mal Doran - Gunbearer
Yosarian2
Xylthixlm
Slicey

Neutral read

DragonsofSummer
HackerHuck (Replaced rite on Day 1)
rewq455

Scum

Sarag
112 - Pure defense
114 - kicks offense.
LARGE dissapearance.
216 - very wish washy. no warrants.
228 - mmm, more kicking of offense.
289 - always seems to be catching up

ortolan
138 - establishes his own meta.
188 - probes the pro town player
265 - sure DTF is town based on crap reasons
more stuff

Bogre
for obvious reasons

HowardRoarak
I can't point to a specific post that seems scummy, but overall he doesn't seem to be doing anything useful. His posts are fairly sporadic and they don't seem to say much. Just a gut feeling I suppose.

Plus there's obviously many other things that have been said about these people that I agree with. I just didn't bother to quote every single one for redundancy.

tl;dr
. - Scumlist is 1) Sarag 2) Borge 3) ortolan 4) HR
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:16 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HR wrote:He had given sound advice to Vala Mal Doran (and any future gunbearers)
I don't get how this is a town tell. If you give lots bad theoretical advice as scum, you're just going to get called out on it and look bad.
HR wrote:I dislike both the ortolan and Slicey posts after the trigger was pulled.
Why?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HR wrote:"Sound advice" is part of my point that he was a very strong player. I have not declared Xylthixlm town.
I find this advocacy a little odd given that you just said:
HR wrote: Based on the scum lists,
Xylthixlm has been pretty much accepted as town.
He had given sound advice to Vala Mal Doran (and any future gunbearers).
So you didn't actually agree with this statement? You were just posting it as an FYI? Explain.
HR wrote:Both ortolan and Slicey were giving Bogre targets before the reveal. Even though Vala Mal Doran shot someone not in their top 4, there was no reason to assume anything prior to reveal.
Other than the fact that Borge claimed town after being shot. I guess you can say he was lying, but that seems pretty dumb.
HR wrote:That means Zakeri/AlmasterGM still leads the way.
Why do I specifically lead the way as opposed to the other people on the wagon?
Xyl wrote:Nice way of implying that you think he should shoot me without actually saying it.
Do you have anything to say about the content of the argument, what it may or may not be implying aside?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HR wrote:Perhaps stating that Xylthixlm appears to have been accepted as town would make it clearer -- something that the phrase "based on the scum lists" was meant to apply. AlmasterGM, you replaced my number one suspect. Maybe you can change my mind, but right now . . . no.
First, can you elaborate on why Zakarei/I am scummy? I looked and all I saw was 1) lurking, which is a dumb argument to hold against me because that's the reason I replaced in and 2) I suspected Borge, which a ton of other people did as well (Yosarian2 has already answered this after you tried to use it on him). These two bad arguments are seriously enough to put me at the top of your list?

Also, I love how you preface it with "maybe you can change my mind" - nice escape clause there so you can backpedal whenever you feel like it.
HR wrote:Speaking of which . . . Why does nobody seem interested in it? Also there are a few who have not commented since I announced the find or even since the shot was taken.
Um, what are we supposed to do, beg for it? Withholding information without a good reason for doing so is anti-town.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HowardRoark wrote:AlmasterGM ???
??? = HowardRoark.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:00 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ortolan wrote:wow dos and hackerhuck and Almaster are all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo obviously scum together. Sarag decided not to go down the same path as the rest of the scum, but I'm on to her too, much to her chagrin.
Could you please elaborate?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I don't think these assessments of me are really fair. I've made some comments today, but there hasn't been a whole lot of new posting, so minus some revaluation, what I can do is limited. My previous evaluations of D1 still stands, minus Borge obviously, as do my suspicions of HR.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Actually, on second thought and having just re-read the current page, HR's last post was pretty interesting. Given Sarag's prior actions, that comment seems pretty damning.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Xylthixlm: Regardless of whether what you did on D1 was guiding or not, you seem to be doing less of it today. Why aren't you trying to guide Borge as much as you did Vala?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

If I had the gun, I would shoot either ortolan or Saraag right now.

Ortolan because of what just happened.

Saraag because he hasn't posted in a while, which is odd given HR's offensive claims.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

This game needs more Borge.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

rewq455 wrote:
Bogre if by any chance you're not going to shoot one of dos hacker sarag or almaster please just shoot me instead so I can frag the scum.
Thats not a very townie thing to say. We still get a dead townie from it.
Do you have anything else to add? None of your posts from the past week have been longer than one line.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:07 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

ortolan wrote:
Yos wrote:skirting the edge of "play to win" stuff. Don't, please.
I trust my own chance of hitting scum better than anyone else's. It is still playing to win.
If this isn't scum attempting to look town I will be amazed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

ortolan wrote:bogre's not even gonna shoot me, he's gonna shoot the scum. Also I'm not an idiot to want the gun so I can frag the scum. Who wouldn't?
What was the point of that whole charade, then?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Slicey hasn't made a substantive post for 12 days (e.g., almost all of Day 2), despite promises that activity would increase after finals ended.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Bogre wrote:Question for ya'll:
Do you think Ortolan is gambitting?
Ortolan needs to be shot. I simply don't believe he would make this awful play as town.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

HackerHuck wrote:I don't think I've seen rewq in a little while. He may warrant a closer look.
He asked for a replacement.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:39 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

The nacho case on Xyl is terribad. I'm not sure whether this means he's scum or just dumb.
Sarag wrote:Alamaster 381 - what do you mean when you say I'm "kicking" offense?
Kicking offense refers to when you say something offensive (e.g., scumhunting) and then backpedal on it.
Xyl wrote:Please do something productive to scumhunting and stop assisting Nachomamma's attempt to attack me for other peoples' play.
I played a game with her awhile back and she played this same game as scum (e.g., post but not scumhunt at all / lurk). I'd be interested to know if this fits her town meta as well.
Mae wrote:No, this thread needs more you! Seriously, where the heck have you been, why aren't you scumhunting by the way?
Ort wrote:fixed
I agree with both of these. Shoot ortolan already. He's scum. I'd also be satisfied with offing DOS or HR (HR because 1) I agree with Yosarian2's case and 2) HR isn't doing anything other than saying "hay guy, look at that awesome scumtell I found on Sarg.")
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Maemuki wrote:Sarag, do you really want a dead-weight gunbearer? Do you really really want DoS to be the gunbearer? Don't think so. shooting scummy people > shooting lurkish people

More later when I can be bothered to read walls of text.
This post is pretty interesting given who was selected as gunbearer.
Sarag wrote:I'm hoping we'll see some better play from ortolan today. You've had one of your scumlist confirmed as town, so it's time to reassess.
So if ortolan improves, would you still shoot him? How do you evaluate all that scummy shenanigans from yesterday?
HackerHuck wrote:I'm a little surprised by the choice of gunbearer. At first I was happy that Ortolan would be soon revealed as scum, but now I'm wondering whether scum-Ortolan would risk giving DoS the gun.
I don't like this post - it almost seems to be telling DoS to quickshoot ortolan. At the same time, however, I think ortolan is scum. Not sure what to read off it.

I just did an ISO of Maemukai and all I'm seeing in terms of accusations is Sarag, and there's not much backing behind it. Mae, is Sarag your only suspect? If so, why? If not, who else and why? :?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Prod received, apologies for not posting. Will reply shortly.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Post coming now...
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Sarag wrote:Why do you think this post is interesting?
Because it seems as if, in Mae's opinion, DoS would make the worst gunbearer. Then he was selected.
Xyl wrote:The following people are not getting shot today if DragonsofSummer has a whit of sense:

Xylthixlm
Yosarian2
ortolan
HowardRoark
I'm wondering where the 100% turnaround on ortolan came from. Sure, I agree that it would be odd for ort to pick DoS as gunbearer, but perhaps scumort simply predicted that DoS would be more cautious as gunbearer, as he just agreed to be. Also, there are three other scum in the game, not just ortolan, so playing around him exclusively would probably be difficult.
Nachomamma8 wrote:My top is Alamaster, but it's not a good idea to shoot a lurker today.

He hasn't been posting that often, or taking a strong side on anything. The only people he attacks or keeps on his top suspect list are people who are under heavy fire in the first place; he doesn't explain any of these reads and they change without warning or explanation. He finds ortolan as obvscum, but he completely fails to explain why…
Nachomamma8 wrote:Alamaster's still my top pick.

He hasn't been posting that often, or taking a strong side on anything. The only people he attacks or keeps on his top suspect list are people who are under heavy fire in the first place; he doesn't explain any of these reads and they change without warning or explanation. He finds ortolan as obvscum, but he completely fails to explain why…
Lovely turnaround.
Nachomamma: the biggest lurker here is Maemuki, who hasn't done anything readable. Alamaster has actually done enough to give me an okay read... namely, scum.
What is the basis for this read?
people wrote:You flip flopped and given no suspects, and when you did it was bad.
This accusation is simply false. I made my reasons for suspecting ortolan extremely clear: He was using a gambit town had no reason to use. My suspicions of HR seem like OMGUS because HR had suspected me, but keep in mind that half of those posts were responses to HR's attacks on me in the first place (which I had to respond to), and the other half were what I consider to be justified suspicions (HR was poking around and withholding information). I don't see where I have been playing inconsistent or poorly, minus my recent lack of posting.
DoS wrote:HowardRoark, Maemuki, AlmasterGM, Sarag, HackerHuck: I would like detailed explanations of the people on your scum lists with post numbers to back up your thinking (if the post numbers are in iso just let me know).
My top suspect is Maemukei. She played active-lurker-scum in the last game I played with her, and she is doing it again this game.
It is ridiculous to say I am lurking with her around.
I had a site-wide lull in posting because I was transitioning into my second semester. Mae has been here, but doing nothing. IMO, that is many degrees of magnitude worse. Go read her in ISO - here is what you will find:

0 - Says hi.
1 - Self-admitted old opinions, says she isn't sure if Xyl is town.
2 - Questions Xyl's leading of the town.
3 - Flips around on Xyl issue, but maintains previous opinion (e.g., iffy on Xyl).
4 - repeats someone else's questions.
5 - Says she hasn't done a full read.
6 - Tells someone not to answer questions.
7 - Tells someone to answer a question.
8 - More excuses for not posting
9 - Tells DoS to post more.
10 - Tells some other people to post more.
11 - Says that a non-posting gunbearer would be bad.
12 - Flip flops on DoS, commits to nothing
13 - Fluff

There has been ABSOlUTELY NOTHING in terms of suspects up to this point.

14 - Says we should shoot Sarag, gives no reasons why. (Read: obvbandwagon).
15 - Fluff
16 - Accuses me of gunbearer speculation.
17 - Suspects Sarag, HH, and HR. Gives NO reasons for any of them.
18 - Fluff.
19 - zomg REAL ANALYSIS. I don't even know what to say. Except it's OMGUS and came out of absolutely nowhere (e.g., she hasn't suspected me the whole game, but suddenly I'm buddies with Sarag. Wtf?)

t.l.;dr - you should shoot Maemuki today. She is playing active-lurker-scum to the max, which is consistent with her scum meta. This is significantly worse than my posting lull, which I intend to correct. She has given no justifications for any of her suspects until recently, and said explanation was one line long and terribad.

I'll have more suspects/town reads in my next post.

If I missed any questions, I apologize - please re-quote and I will respond. And sorry again for the posting delay.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

That thought wasn't responding to you per-se, it was just my thoughts on the ortolan situation.

Not that I actually like YOUR position on ortolan either. It basically goes, "ortolan was stupid as fuck yesterday, but because he agrees with me today and is hunting the same suspects I am, we should keep him around."

I disagree on the ort meta read. I played with him in Stratego mafia. He was town and did not play like an idiot.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Good game, everyone.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

QT here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/N4j8CaHrVRg

I think we REALLY messed up on our gun distribution BOTH times. Because we had no NK, giving someone the gun and hoping they misfired was our only method of eliminating players. Thus, I felt the gun should have been handed to players like Xyl. This was a source of disagreement between myself and the other scum.

The QT is also not nearly as interesting as it could be. We did not plan our strategy incredibly well at all, which we could have, given our DT abilities.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”