Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vote: Vaya.

Policy lynch - lurking. This is not an RV.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SocioPath wrote:Vote: AlmasterGM

Terrible choice of policy, given the player list.
Who's a better pick? Me? I don't know everyone on the player list.
Glork wrote:IIIIIIIII know what it means

But I'm not gonna say.
Why not?
Pomegranate wrote:What happened to RVS?
Do you like longer RVS's? What do you think is to be gained by having more RVS?
Icerint wrote:Alma vs. UK.
Elaborate.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:39 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

UncertainKitten wrote:Eh, why not
Unvote, Vote AlmasterGM
for being lazy and not, yanno, scumhunting.
LOL.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:That was a serious post. I can change a player's alignment during night. Only one per night, though. I was thinking that it was easy to create a happy ending if mafia just outed themselves and I turned them into town. As UK said, you can test it with your weakest member.
Use it on me, please. This is not a joke.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Almaster wrote:
Use it on me, please. This is not a joke.
Is this a scum claim? I just would like to be clear on it.
It is NOT a scum claim. However, based on the flavor and rules text of my role PM, I believe S_B's ability, if it actually exists, will function on me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UncertainKitten wrote:

It is NOT a scum claim. However, based on the flavor and rules text of my role PM, I believe S_B's ability, if it actually exists, will function on me.
Then, may I assume you are third party and want your alignment changed to town?

Because, as far as I can tell, s_b's ability will change your alignment completely, regardless of what you start at.
Not exactly. Perhaps I am interpreting the rhetoric "alignment change" differently then you based on the information I have. I win with the town, but I am currently stuck using the suck that is WinBlows. I would like to convert to the greatness that is Linux. That is what I suspect S_B may be able to do.

Or I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UK wrote:You have to be converted before you can win, correct?
My role PM doesn't explicitly say that. It merely says WinBlows sucks and it would be much cooler if I were using Linux. I inferred from this that something good for me and/or the town would happen if I was converted. It could just be flavor, but given S_B's role, I don't think that's the case.
S_B wrote:Hmm... I'm not sure. Your reasons may be right, but what if I turn you to scum?
I don't know the precise rules text and flavor of your role so I'm not sure exactly what will happen, but a town-->scum switch doesn't really seem to fit with the flavor of the game. It would make significantly more sense for each faction to be attempting to recruit players to its side, especially given what my role PM says. Do what you think is best, though.

In any case, though, I'm afraid this debacle is destracting us from scumhunting. Let's not let all the discussion focus on this one particular issue.

Fun fact: Vaya still hasn't posted. I like my current vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:While Vaya does often lurk D1, I think that in this instance it correlates with general inactivity on the site. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
I don't think it has anything to do with D1 - in the last game I played with her, she was scum and lurked to victory. Moreover, even if it is D1 only, how is this even remotely acceptable?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Has anyone considered the possibility that scum will kill S_B if she reveals and they determine her role is too powerful?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:59 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Actually, I'm agreeing with SocioPath here, about Vaya's first post.

Also, I like how Vaya waits for Glork's support before she votes SP, despite there being nothing from SP between her own voteless post and her SP vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:
Vala Mal Doran wrote:Wait, are you
sure
you get confirmation that the alignment was successfully changed? Did the PM state so outright? This
is
a bastard game, after all.
Still waiting on a reply to this from S_B. Just sayin'.

I prefer not to take a side on the SP/Vaya thing just yet; neither particularly jumps out at me at this time. I realize it's page 7, but I still feel like not much of note has happened. :?
Blatant fence-sit.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Public Service Announcement:

In this game, it is a terrible idea to assume that someone is not a miller simply because they have not claimed miller. Claiming miller on another day is not a scum tell. If you are an investigative role and you got a guilty, it is highly likely that your result is wrong.

That is all.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UK wrote:Yeah, honestly, I'd lynch anyone a sanity guaranteed cop got a guilty on
Bad idea. I liked Fishy's less extreme response a lot more. Why so confident?
Pom wrote:I don't think we should lynch Vaya today. And I don't think that there's a pressing need for UK to claim today.
Ok, so what should we be doing?
Pom wrote: I find it hard to do good scumhunting D1, but I try. I usually work based somewhat off of wagons, lynches, NKs (not as much), and flips. It might be harder in this game, as it's only partial reveal, but I'll manage.
I agree with Glork on the lack of content issue. In addition, this excuse is particuarily bad because it is extremely generic and doesn't even apply to this game at all - there's been plenty to analyze thus far. Get to it.

I'm putting Pom in the same crate as Vaya right now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Point very well taken.

Unvote. Vote: Pomegranate
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

UK wrote:Because it's far too easy to lose a scum lynch just because they claim miller. I should know. I've gotten away with it before.
So, using this logic, shouldn't we just auto-lynch anyone who claims miller? Why isn't your vote on fishy right now?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

My point here is that we should lynch scummy people, not play follow-the-cop (or any other role, for that matter).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Glork wrote:Ugh. On one hand, I think Pom is probably the best lynch candidate for today. But on the other hand, those are three really quick votes.
I agree that the day probably should last longer, but letting up pressure right now is a poor plan, especially given Pom's most recent badposting.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:Me wonders why not. I mean, it was such a successful tactic for town that they had to come with an alternative (macho cops and roleblockers) so the game wouldn't be unbalanced.
If you're in a mini-normal with a confirmed sane cop, then sure, it's not a bad plan (although even then it's dangerous, thanks to the possibility of a Godfather). This isn't a mini-normal. It's a theme game with lots of bastard modding. While this doesn't mean we ignore cops entirely, it does mean we take what they have to say with a grain of salt.
SB wrote:Btw, what's the thing on Pom? You guys post too much, and I think I'm missing something.
It's a quality, not a quantiity issue.
SocioPath wrote:stuff
Interesting.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SP wrote:Shes a 13 year old girl in school with an older sister on the site. Pressure and people hounding her might be a bit overwhelming to the average 13 year old.
I'm not sure how this applies. No one was breathing down her neck for the first 10 pages when she failed to do anything substantive. Age may influence scumhunting text for specific tells, but I don't see why it should be an excuse for outright weak play.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Theory discussion usually distracts from actual scumhunting. From which Pom has still done very little. Which is why I still have my vote on her.

I don't think JL's reason for joining the Pom wagon was bad at all. Seems very applicable to me.

SP's posts are definitely mindfucking with me. I'm intrigued by the psychological possibilities, but wary of accepting the reads at face value right now. I'm also concerned that he's only using the tactic defensively - SP, any chance you could put some of that skill on the offense?

I'm going to keep my vote on Pom right now because she's posting but not scumhunthing, whereas it's possible JL is just away because he hasn't posted in awhile. If the status quo continues as is, however, I'll move my vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Why do you think JL is a better lynch than Pom?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vaya wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:I don't think JL's reason for joining the Pom wagon was bad at all. Seems very applicable to me.
No, I'd say it was pretty bad. Pom claimed that she couldn't make a better post at the time do to having issues with the site, which seems understandable enough to me. I don't see any grounds for assuming she is lying or just using it as an excuse not to contribute much, and not that she's simply being honest about.

Also, it seems like he's just piggybacking SSK's reason for adding a pressure vote to Pom with his vote. All in all, that last vote of his just feels to me like scum jumping on a wagon.
IIRC, the solution to that problem was called Notepad.exe. Or Microsoft Word. Or Google Docs. Or any text editor ever. The excuse was bad, stop defending it. If one of you flips scum I wouldn't be surprised if the other did too. Moreover, it's not like Pom has done more scumhunting now that the problem is fixed - the situation is the same. Now, I'm not saying JL is acting town at all - he's not. However, I am willing to give him a chance (e.g., a day or two) to post again before I switch my vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pom wrote:At first glance, this may seem like OMGUS. But it's not, and let me explain why.
You read my mind. Badcase is bad.
But most of Alm's posts are short comments or questions based on snippets of quotes. That could be useful if they were good scumhunting questions, and he actually commented on the answers. But he doesn't. He'll ask a question, but I can't tell why, because he doesn't do anything with/based off of the answers, nor do they generate any real content. Moreover, the questions look like he's posting them only so that it seems like he's actually doing something, even though he isn't much.
1) This entire case is hypocritical because you're calling me out for exactly what you're doing. According to your own logic, you should be your number one suspect. Basically, what MafiaSSK said.
2) Your snippits aren't even good evidence. All the posts are very reasonable and are looking for scum. Let's review

"LOL" - In response to an addmitted bad vote.
"I don't think it has anything to do with D1 - in the last game I played with her, she was scum and lurked to victory. Moreover, even if it is D1 only, how is this even remotely acceptable?" - I'm analyzing current play versus past play and explaining why Vaya is a good lynch.
"Ok, so what should we be doing?" - I'm asking you a legitimate question which you took DAYS to answer. And your answer is this bad case. Fancy that.
"I agree that the day probably should last longer, but letting up pressure right now is a poor plan, especially given Pom's most recent badposting." - Once again, I'm stating what I think we should do today and why. How is this scummy?

You're basically saying that, because I'm not posting text walls, I'm scummy. I beg to differ. Text walls are tl;dr. There's nothing wrong with the way I'm posting.
Also, often he will merely agree with a post, and not actually scumhunt:
1) So all my posts have to contain 100% original content? That's absurd.
2) You say I do it "often," but you only have one quote to back it up. So what you really meant to say was "one time." Hmm.
Alm says theory bad but argues theory.
Every single one of my "theory" posts is talking about how we shouldn't rely too much on theory and should focus on scumhunting. I don't see how that's inconsistent or bad. You argument essentially says that telling someone murder is bad is the same as murder. LOL.
All my big posts are speculation.
So what? It was important to discuss, especially given the theme setup.
tl;dr: Almaster is acting very hypocritical regarding posting content, and IIoA.
So are you. I consider this a concession of your own guilt. Every argument here applies to you as well, except I'm actually doing stuff whereas you haven't done anything except try to say I'm not doing anything either. My vote stays. I suggest other people vote for you as well.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pom wrote:I was asked to state my top suspect. I thought about it, then looked through the player list again. I found you to be the scummiest. Let's see why:
1) This is non-responsive. The point stands that, according to your own case, you should be lynched.
2) Your methodology for arriving at me as the top suspect SCREAMS scum. You didn't "read the thread," you "looked through the player list." In other words, you sat down, picked me, and tunneled in a hunt for evidence. You might not have even read the thread - for all we know, you just viewed me in iso and that's your case. This makes your results susceptible to all sorts of psychological problems - confirmation bias being the most obvious. Scum-E.
This is pushing a policy lynch. There are different opinions about policy lynching, and mine is that it's not good. Vaya almost always lurks, whether she's town or scum. The fact that she lurked to victory in another game doesn't mean that she's a good D1 lynch for us.
Shifting advocacy. First you said my post was scummy because it lacked content. Now you conceede that it has content, but are saying that the content is bad. You're stretching. On top of that, your stretchy logic is false - lurking is scummy, so why was it bad to lynch someone who is a chronic scumlurker and was lurking then?
It seemed a lot more like, "I don't really know what to do right now, so asking a question of what to do now is a good idea. It even looks like scumhunting." The fact that you didn't give an opinion about what to do yourself makes it scummier.
1) People use this scumtell all the time and it's bad.
2) How did I not give an opinion?? I've placed multiple votes throughout this game and made it very clear who I think is scummy. You, on the other hand, have only voted
ONCE,
and that vote came from the RVS.
Like this posts. You said VMD was fence-sitting, which she was. But the fact that you yourself didn't give an opinion... you may as well have fence-sat yourself.
My opinion is that she was fencesitting. My other opinons are clear by my votes and frequent declarations of who I suspect. Do I have to spell out in bold letters that fencesitting is scummy? I'm pretty sure my intention was crystal clear. You are being absurd.

In this post you use the term 'once again'. When was the first time you said what you thought we shoud do?
Um, all the time. Go read me in iso.
No, I'm pretty sure there were a couple more times, but I just didn't include them.
Quotes or it didn't happen.
K. But I still found that there wasn't much actual scumhunting going on.
The amount of scumhunting I've done > The amount of scumhunting you've done.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #25) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:48 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:Pome, what do you make of Alma's request for alignment change, and do you think that affects how we should treat Alma? If so, how?
What do YOU think of it?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vaya wrote:Almaster, do you still think Snow_Bunny should target you tonight, given what she said above?
Hmmm...I'm not totally sure. I really want to hear more of a fullclaim from SB; I'm skeptical of this shifting, half-baked claim we have right now. The way I initially viewed her role seemed to mesh perfectly with mine, but now that she's clarifying, things are becoming more complicated and less perfect.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight. I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all. I don't think we should treat Alma differently based off of what Alm has said so fer about his role.
...what? You are currently voting for me. Doesn't that mean you think I'm the scummiest player, and should thus be targeted by SB?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:Her role is very complicated.
How do you know what her role does?
Pom wrote:IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you. But I don't think she should target anyone tonight. So I don't think she should target you.
So you're doing a complete 180 on your previous advocacy. Ok.

More Pomegranate votes, please.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

You left out the rest of your post.
Pom wrote:I don't think SB should target Alm tonight.
I think she should either target the person she finds scummiest, or no one at all.
Your intentions are much less clear when put into context. I don't think that post suggests at ALL that you are 100% against SB using her power. Why not just say "I don't think she should use her power."? It's extremely confusing, especially given this:
IMHO, if she targets someone, it should be you.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:I'm getting a good vibe from Almaster, although his claim, upon a second look, looks really a scumclaim. Truth be told, I'd rather lynch him first than try to convert him (I rather lose a townie than create another scum). Almaster, if you are really town, then you wouldn't want me to target you. And thus, I ask again, do you want me to target you tonight?
No.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #31) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

JL wrote:Reading comprehension FTL.

This, connected with some very bizarre reasoning (and lack thereof) earns you

unvote
vote: Snow_Bunny
Reading comprehension FTL? More like "not posting for eight days and this is all you've got" FTL.

Unvote. Vote: Josh.

Glork wrote:Alma, can you explain exactly what changed your mind between these two posts:
SB keeps saying she's pretty sure her ability won't work on me. To be honest, I think SB is either wrong about how her role works or lying about being protown. The role just seems so stupid in the context she's spinning it. Like here:
SB wrote:With Almaster this is the thing: if he is indeed a miller, I wouldn't want to convert him, as I *think* I would end up turning him into scum. If he's scum, I'd rather convert him than lynching him. But as I can't be sure, I prefer to take the less riskier way and lynch him (between those two choices).
If we know who scum are, SB's right - why wouldn't we just lynch them? And using this role randomly in the night seems way to dangerous. That's what leads me to believe her role does work on me (it would fit perfectly with the flavor, anyway) OR SB isn't actually town and is associated with a third party (Apple, perhaps).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

This wagon makes absolutely zero sense. I made that claim more than 10 pages ago and it's becoming a wagon NOW? And started by Pomegranate no less, who has been incredibly scummy up until a page ago (and is still scummy, IMO). Ridiculous. I have never claimed scum. I'm town. I speculated SB's ability might work on me. Turns out, after clarification, it probably won't. Do I find this incredibly suspicious on SB's part? Yes. Given her vote for me despite the possibility of conversion and the fact that her denial does not fit with flavor, I think it's highly possible SB is lying. Regardless, the point is as follows: I stated my position on speculation up front. I have never changed my story once. There is nothing scummy about what I have done.

Moreover, lets stop and think - even if I AM scum (which I am not), why the hell wouldn't you just use SB on me? That way, we get rid of the "claimed" scum AND get to lynch someone scummy. Win-win. There are NO downsides.

There are actual scummy posts and people in this game. Lynching me today is outright stupid.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #33) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pom wrote:Regarding this post, 'specially the italicized: But we don't know if you're scum. The downside is you being town and misinterpreting your flavor, therefore causing SB to target you, and turn you into scum.
So the alternative is to lynch me?? If you don't think I'm scummy enough for SB to target me at night, I don't think you should have your vote on me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Still here, waiting like the rest of you.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #35) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

SB wrote:Do you know how this is called? Stalling. Stalling=boring.
This post looks bad given Faraday's claim. I understand that Josh was really scummy (hell, I was voting for him), but why the huge rush?
Faraday wrote:I'm the Cop. And I can find out one player's alignment each night. I don't however get the alignment it seems, just whether they're guilty or not, although I'm not sure what that means, if anything.
I believe this.
UK wrote:It means we should lynch Vaya because Faraday is insane/naive/paranoid unless MSSK, who needs to show up and answer this, can tell us if he gets the same sort of result (Guilty instead of alignment)
Can you explain this more? I'm totally down with a Vaya lynch, but I don't get your reasoning.

Faraday wrote:Vote Pomegranate

I've read through most of the thread, my eyes kinda ...glazed over getting around page 15, but atm she's most likely to be scum.
Yes please.
Glork wrote:Vote: Iece for now, I guess. Will gladly switch to Pom.
Make that switch, good sir.

Unvote. Vote: Pomegranate.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #36) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:Dude, this was SB's post:
Snow_Bunny wrote:So, scums out there, I have this wonderful ability that turns scum into town. So, who's scum? Let me help you. It's totally free.
What town player would read that and decide ROLE IS MADE 4 ME? To me, this totally 100% trumps any other play (not that his other play is totally incredible -- it's mostly just a series of exchanges with Pome after she targeted him) and means that Alma is almost certainly scum. His connection with Glork infuriatingly makes him wait-and-see, which makes me grit my teeth even more than the situation with Vaya-SP.
What scum player "claims scum" and then tries to backpedal?

Your interpretation is terribad and blatantly incorrect. It's also incredibly sketchy that you said nothing about this for over a week and then suddenly decided to tunnel on it out of nowhere. With no supporting evidence, to boot.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:This, plus the repeated call for massclaim, and the vote on Faraday after his cop claim? I can't not
Vote: Phate
Oh look, a wagon, let me quick get on it.

Scum-E.
UK wrote:This is basically a sarcastic confession. Why did no one notice this?
I personally don't buy your argument. I have entertained making (and have possibly made, IIRC) posts like that as town before. I don't see how honesty is a scumtell.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

UncertainKitten wrote:It is more liable that scum would hang a lampshade on antitown behavior as opposed to town.
Why?
UK wrote:Also, why do you suddenly decide to defend Phate half heartedly, and only counter one of my points anyway?
Because my defense IS half-hearted. I agree with the other arguments against Phate. I just disagree with that particular part of the accusation.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Phate wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:He's done very little, and has suggested mass-claim.
I would like for you (not anyone else, until she's had a crack at it) to explain exactly why suggesting a mass-claim is scummy.
I want to hear this as well.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SocioPath wrote:
Faraday wrote:Come on. Sociopath has been posting in other games, stop avoiding this one.
Ha.
Are you a mafia godfather like you were in Benmage's mini? Because if so, we can totally wagon you again. You can even tell your scumbuddies to initiate the bus. Just let us know.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:
Glork wrote:Alma -- WBuser, but wants to switch to Linux
I win with the town as well.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #42) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Prod received. Did not realize the game was back in the dayphase. I will read up shortly, but until I do, two things...

1) Claim: Miller. Could not claim on Day 1 under penalty of modkill.

2) Hi tubby!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #43) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ok a few things.

Re: Almaster is scum.

There is still no logic behind this move. I never claimed scum. I had a setup discussion about the possibility of being moved away from WinBlows. I am a townie and I win with the town. I don't see why this is hard to understand given nightkill flavor. Clearly, being aligned with WinBlows does not make you scum - there is only guilty and innocent. What I also couldn't mention before was how my miller status played into this - I thought that if I was targeted by S_B, that would go away.

If you think it's sketch that I didn't claim miller until now, then fine, there's nothing I can do about that other than say look at the setup of this game and tell me there isn't a ton of crazy shit going on. I'm claiming what I cam

Suspects

SSK is scum. "Breadcrumbing is enough." No, it is not, that is dumb and there is nothing protown about it. I have the miller condition in my role PM, and it says that I cannot claim until D2 under penalty of modkill. It is beyond me why you would not claim that the second you got the chance. I think you are piggybacking on the fact that you know certain townies have that opportunity.

2) I like a Vaya lynch. I liked it yesterday and I like it even more today with the cop result .

3) I STILL like a Pom lynch. My reasons for disliking her play yesterday were stated yesterday. Today, we have some IIoA and nothing else. Yumscum for breakfast.

Other

I do not think we should massclaim YET. The complexity of the setup is to our advantage right now - the scum have to hide their roles amongst very powerful and intricate protown roles. If we lay down our hand right now, they will know just how to hide. If we wait until D3-4, we can go back and catch people whose claims do not fit with the flow and/or have made crappy fakeclaims.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iec wrote:First, that isn't clear at all. Second...I guess your take on Glork's flip is that he was a death miller? If so, do you have reason to believe that you are also a death miller? If so, why haven't you said as much?
No, that isn't my take. Glork was killed by someone affiliated with Microsoft. This means their are either competing mafia factions OR faction alignment has nothing to do with innocent/guilty. Since I am a Winblows user and my win condition is with the town, I consider the latter to be true.

I have no clue on the death miller issue. My role PM just says that I am a miller, it doesn't specify what kind or what that means in terms of game play. This is why I thought S_B might be able to convert me.
Iec wrote:Are you also a "WinBlows Loyalist"? If not, what do you make of Glork's claim?
No, I am just a user. I believe Glork's claim - my role PM says I would be interested in switching to Linux, but never got around to it. I stated this before to S_B. My take would be that Glork is a hardcore Windows user with no desire to switch.

It is possible that the hardcore users of proprietary software are scum (e.g., Glork), whereas the regular users (e.g., myself) are town.
Iec wrote:Possible, but it requires a reading deficit on your part. She advertised her ability as one that converts scum.
For the seventh time, I thought that perhaps S_B's role had more applications than her statement suggested prima facie. Given the complex nature of this game, I don't see why you consider this possibility so foreign.
Iec wrote:The plausibility of your mod-enforced late Miller claim is decreased by a lack of prohibition on Fishy's part IMO. I agree that SSK should have just claimed Miller yesterday, though. There was a chance an investigative role could have wasted a shot on him -- but I guess it at least would've confirmed sanity.
All I can say is there is obvbastardmodding going on here and I did what I could.
Huh? The cop result is SSK's, and it existed yesterday. The only other thing you could mean is UK's ability, which was apparently roleblocked (unless SSK is lying and has no ability). Also, when did you like a Vaya lynch yesterday?
I liked a Vaya lynch multiple times yesterday - go re-read me. You are right on the cop issue - I got confused during my read of D2. I am going to re-evaulate Vaya.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vaya wrote:A question Almaster. Do you have any idea who this other player may be?
No clue. I could try to re-read and find it, but it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Iec wrote:Except for that GlorkDM isn't Alma's position, nothing to complain about. I'm not sure whether GlorkDM or GlorkTraitor is simpler.

The post I thought Glork was alluding to D1 was that pre-game numbers post. Glork made a similar one just after that. I had assumed they were masons who could indicate themselves to one another that way or something.

Alma, can you explain that post?
My binary confirmation had nothing to do with the game. Glork and I were not masons, so I have no insider information on his claim. I suppose it is possible he was trying to link himself to me, since his claim came on the same day I asked S_B to convert me, but I am not 100% sure of his intent on anything.

The one thing I find odd is that Glork seemed to know he was a death miller, whereas I did not. I'm not sure whether he figured it out and I didn't, or if his role PM was different from mine.

In any case, Glork as death miller makes perfect sense.
UK wrote:I get Iec's reasoning. How do you think we should test this? By lynching from the possible scum pool or lynching someone from the prob town chain to test the theory?
Um, what? Obviously we lynch from the possible scum pool. Why on earth would we take out townies when there are people like Pom, who looks scummy regardless of any setup theory, running around? We can kill two birds with one stone here.

I like all the arguments against Pom. My opinion on her from D1 has not changed at all. Plus, lynching her helps resolve setup theory.

Vote: Pomegranate.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:35 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

UK wrote:How do we know they are townies? The chain works if we confirm one of you all as town.
Yes, but why would we start by lynching someone on the town list? If they're town, then 1) it could have just been dumb luck and had nothing to do with the theory and 2) we lynched a townie. If we lynch from the scumlist, we are less likely to get random results, and we get rid of a scummy player while doing it. Lynching from scum list = good.
Iec wrote:I think Alma's circumstance is more tenuous than either of those players. I agree that Vaya is maybe slighty shaky, though.
I like how you go from "Alm and Vaya are probably town" to "it's tenuous / shaky." I actually agree with SP's post, but it irks me the way you are so willing to flip your advocacy around.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate, who are your top three suspects right now? Who do you think we should lynch today?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

The more I evaluate SSK's claim, the shadier it looks. I think Pom needs to claim and/or die today, though.

I like Fishy's last post. In retrospect, the one thing I don't understand is why his Miller claim did not have the no-claim-on-D1 clause like Glork's and mine did. I suppose this could have something to do with him being Apple and not Windows, but I'm not sure.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

iec wrote:or there's a player who can temporarily/permanently change player sanities/abilities (remote).
How is this possibility remote? In a game with such questionable sanities, it would make perfect sense for there to be a sanity switcher.

This setup speculation is going nowhere right now. We need to do one of two things:

1) Abandon setup speculation and lynch scum.

2) Massclaim and attempt to break.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I have no clue what is going on. Can some tl;dr this shit for me?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:What do you want summarized? There haven't been any wallposts.

Phate/tubby is scum. Lynch him with me, please. <3

I wish he would post, though. <_<
Why is tubby scum, exactly?

I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why scumtubby would post those night actions if he knew it would get him lynched. I guess he didn't know?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

You know, this would probably be a of a lot easier of tubby would just post some content.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (isolation #53) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

MafiaSSK wrote:Blurgh, and why aren't we lynching Pomegranate?
Fixed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #54) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Pomegranate wrote:We lynch Tubby. We get information. Tomorrow, we lynch again, using that information. K? Now vote Tubby.
Or we could just skip the information part and lynch scum (aka you).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #55) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I was about to post some content. Then I thought, "Hey, maybe I should read the death scene." Now, all I have to say is:

Bah.

Fixed.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #56) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SP was scum AGAIN?

Seriously, he is 3 for 3 on being scum in games I've played with him.

Anyway, fun game, congrats to all. Thanks to SlySly for the modding and setup.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #57) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SocioPath wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:SP was scum AGAIN?

Seriously, he is 3 for 3 on being scum in games I've played with him.
And the first game I would have likely won as well if not for a fatal mod error causing the OP cop fiasco. :P
(As an SK as well.)
Indeed. You are on permanent radar from now on.

Oh yeah, and I TOLD YOU Pom was scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”