Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

/confirm
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Vote: Josh Lyman

Literally the only person's name I don't at least recognize despite being new to mafiascum (not mafia in general). Clearly this is indicative of his alignment. Somehow. :P
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

unvote

I refuse to be a part of such an early wagon. D:
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Not a clue.

Iç.Jó K is the text version though, for whatever that's worth. <_<
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

@SB: What happens if you target town with your ability? Do you know?

UK, I usually don't have terribly much to say early in a game. I don't mind the purely RVS stage (silliness is fun), but the transition from RVS to "real" mafia where everyone's voting everyone else for almost but not quite entirely stupid or overblown reasons just... irks me.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Wait, are you
sure
you get confirmation that the alignment was successfully changed? Did the PM state so outright? This
is
a bastard game, after all.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

I dunno. If there's any other aspect to her role that she hasn't revealed yet (say, she's a cop as well as a converter or something else like that that would make sense in combination with it), I'd kind of prefer she keep that under wraps. If all she does is change alignments, then sure, why not hear more about it. But as this is a bastard game, I'm kind of expecting complicated, multi-faceted power roles, so if that's the case and it were me I'd certainly only elaborate on what was immediately relevant.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Vala Mal Doran wrote:Wait, are you
sure
you get confirmation that the alignment was successfully changed? Did the PM state so outright? This
is
a bastard game, after all.
Still waiting on a reply to this from S_B. Just sayin'.

I prefer not to take a side on the SP/Vaya thing just yet; neither particularly jumps out at me at this time. I realize it's page 7, but I still feel like not much of note has happened. :?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

MafiaSSK wrote:I'm taking SP's side. Clearly Vaya is scum.
Vote Count wrote:Vala Mal Doran - 1 - MafiaSSK
??

Why does your vote not reflect your assertion?
FOS: MafiaSSK
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Too lazy? It only took, what, 16 character strokes? >_>
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

AlmasterGM wrote:Blatant fence-sit.
Thanks, captain obvious... >_>

I'm not sure how I feel about UK's plan re. Vaya and SSK. Taken at face value it seems like a great idea, but if UK is scum with Vaya and knows Vaya has some super awesome power role, it could be a bad idea to keep Vaya alive.

On the other hand, there's the possibility that SB could flip Vaya to town if she really is scum, which alone would be enough to justify risking keeping her alive.
UK wrote:Why should a townie care what they look like?
Just to play devil's advocate here, a townie with an important power role (doctor, cop) should probably care what they look like. If a PR townie looks scummy enough, a truthful claim won't save them.

@Iec: How many mafia games have you played? This is at least marginally relevant.
Iec wrote:I started the bandwagon on JL
Actually, I think I did. Unless you're not counting my vote because it was random...?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Pomegranate wrote:Do you think we should lynch one of them today.
>_>
VMD wrote:I'm not sure how I feel
UK wrote:There could be a Windows cult versus the free Linux users, and SB being someone who can distribute Linux to brainwashed windows users. I'm guessing that the leaders of each cult can't be changed though :S.
This makes sense to me. What if there is no scum, and this game only qualifies as mafia because we are somehow led to believe there is, and it's really just a battle between Winblows/Linux/Crapple/whatever other factions have been mentioned? (I don't know much about bastard games on this site, but having no actual mafia to be a not-unheard of reason for calling a game bastard -- Pokerface's Bad Reveal Mafia comes to mind.)

@Everyone: Without giving away your role, do you think the above is at all a reasonable assumption, and if it is, should we still lynch today?

@Iec: Do you think that if SSK realized he was mistaken before he let on that he was mistaken, that he's scum? Or do you think it's more curious than scummy?

@Fishy: Can you elaborate in your own words why you think a Vaya/Iec team is likely? Do you have anything to add to SP's thoughts on the matter?
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

VMD wrote:but having no actual mafia *seems to be
Fix'd.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Ugh, nevermind, you're absolutely right. Your response just prompted me to re-read my role PM, and it does in fact mention town. Furthermore, Slysly quoted a vanilla townie PM at the start of the game. Durr hurr, L2read VMD. I just had a real idiot moment there. ._.;
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

Prod avoidance. I just haven't had time for this lately, what with working retail and all. >_< Hopefully getting around to this tomorrow.
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

@Mod: Requesting replacement; work stress somehow has led to complete mafia burnout.
My most sincere apologies to all involved; I get home after a shit day of retail and the
last
thing I want to do is deal with what I realize now amounts to unnecessary additional drama in my life.

Best of luck, all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”