rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by rewq455 »

Xylthixlm starts the Bogre wagon based on his reaction to the "don't act scummy" post. Xylthixlm continues to push the Bogre is scum mantra while giving himself an "out" a few times (51 & 81). There's also the fact that he was willing to have Vala Mal Doran die in order for Bogre to die sooner (84). Overall, Xylthixlm doesn't look good in hindsight.
Good point.... this kills 2 townies. Townies we can't afford to lose.... if there are as many townies as mafia, we lose..... Bogre be carefull about your your shot.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

rewq455 wrote:
Xylthixlm starts the Bogre wagon based on his reaction to the "don't act scummy" post. Xylthixlm continues to push the Bogre is scum mantra while giving himself an "out" a few times (51 & 81). There's also the fact that he was willing to have Vala Mal Doran die in order for Bogre to die sooner (84). Overall, Xylthixlm doesn't look good in hindsight.
Good point.... this kills 2 townies. Townies we can't afford to lose.... if there are as many townies as mafia, we lose..... Bogre be carefull about your your shot.
Nice way of implying that you think he should shoot me without actually saying it.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Bogre »

rewq455 wrote:

It is already readily apparent that this shot is important. As it has from the beginning of the game.

Lol, I've also written and then deleted a ton of arguments and cases I've wanted to write so far, because I don't want to coach any of the scum with my analysis. Interesting little quirk of playing this game.

Hopefully none of you will have to feel the same way, muah.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Bogre wrote:Lol, I've also written and then deleted a ton of arguments and cases I've wanted to write so far, because I don't want to coach any of the scum with my analysis.
That's stupid. A town that hides information from itself is a town that loses.

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Bogre »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Bogre wrote:Lol, I've also written and then deleted a ton of arguments and cases I've wanted to write so far, because I don't want to coach any of the scum with my analysis.
That's stupid. A town that hides information from itself is a town that loses.
Valid point. I don't plan on 'hiding' them, however, just holding them back until everyone checks back into the game, or discussion drivels up. I was more looking towards not masking peoples arguments for the moment with my own white noise, as it were, and giving people an excuse not to post content themselves.

Yes, lurkers, that means you all.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Bogre »

AlmasterGM wrote: Bogre
for obvious reasons

HowardRoarak
I can't point to a specific post that seems scummy, but overall he doesn't seem to be doing anything useful. His posts are fairly sporadic and they don't seem to say much. Just a gut feeling I suppose.
1: I want comments on the 'obvious reasons', Almaster.

2: This one's for everyone: Do you feel that Almaster's query is valid, given the comments HR has given, esp. his indications of Xyl's strong play, and his subtle accusation that Xyl looks bad in hindsight?
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Bogre wrote: 1: I want comments on the 'obvious reasons', Almaster.

2: This one's for everyone: Do you feel that Almaster's query is valid, given the comments HR has given, esp. his indications of Xyl's strong play, and his subtle accusation that Xyl looks bad in hindsight?
I had to look for the query you reference and I agree that it's valid. This is a piece that I didn't like.
HowardRoark wrote:@Bogre: Based on the scum lists, Xylthixlm has been pretty much accepted as town.
I'm still leaning town on Xyl, but I don't like how he's stating that Xyl has been accepted as town. I don't think you can make the connection that agreeing with Xyl's scumlist is the same as finding him town.

I don't really find that Bogre's turnup as town has really shifted my opinion on Ortolan, but it does wipe out my main argument against Sarag.
Sarag
Sarag
Goon
Sarag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Sarag »

I don't think Bogre being town changes the case on HackerHuck, so he's still my top suspect.
*twitches*
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

I am telling you, just kill Hacker, DoS, Sarag and AlmasterGM

One misfire won't stop us getting a scummy, our scummy can still be saved
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

HowardRoark wrote:
That means Zakeri/AlmasterGM still leads the way. Yosarian2 makes an appearance in the list. Others TBD.
So, wait...you think it's suspicious that I suspected Bogre yesterday, even though you did as well?

This whole post seems kind of odd; it's like you're trying to find scum by just looking at who was suspicious of Bogre yesterday, even though almost everyone, including you, was suspicious of Bogre. So how is that a scum tell?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:10 am

Post by rewq455 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
rewq455 wrote:
Nice way of implying that you think he should shoot me without actually saying it.
Actually, I would prefer Ort. getting shot.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 am

Post by rewq455 »

ortolan wrote:I am telling you, just kill Hacker, DoS, Sarag and AlmasterGM

One misfire won't stop us getting a scummy, our scummy can still be saved
Why AlmasterGM?

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:17 am

Post by ortolan »

because Zakeri was scum before he was replaced by Almaster. Have you been reading my posts?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Bogre (405) wrote:This one's for everyone: Do you feel that Almaster's query is valid, given the comments HR has given, esp. his indications of Xyl's strong play, and his subtle accusation that Xyl looks bad in hindsight?
Does that include me? (Just to be clear, are you talking about post 394?) BTW, there's nothing subtle about my statement. I want reactions!
HackerHuck (406) wrote:I don't like how he's stating that Xyl has been accepted as town. I don't think you can make the connection that agreeing with Xyl's scumlist is the same as finding him town.
I'm not saying it's about the scum lists. Try again.
Yosarian2 (409) wrote:So, wait...you think it's suspicious that I suspected Bogre yesterday, even though you did as well?
No. I didn't make it clear in that post. You were quite noncomittal about Bogre. You've been following Xylthixlm like a lost puppy.

I also singled out ortolan because he was the strongest opposer of a Bogre lynch. I'm not much of a meta case guy. That seemed to be the heart of ortolan's defense of Bogre. Easy scum defense of a townie based on role-based knowledge, or honest love of a good meta case?

After yesterday's reread, I found a scum for a gold nugget reason that nobody has picked up on yet. With that player's death, I think we will be well on our way.

I want to see a few more reactions to my thoughts before I continue.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HR wrote:"Sound advice" is part of my point that he was a very strong player. I have not declared Xylthixlm town.
I find this advocacy a little odd given that you just said:
HR wrote: Based on the scum lists,
Xylthixlm has been pretty much accepted as town.
He had given sound advice to Vala Mal Doran (and any future gunbearers).
So you didn't actually agree with this statement? You were just posting it as an FYI? Explain.
HR wrote:Both ortolan and Slicey were giving Bogre targets before the reveal. Even though Vala Mal Doran shot someone not in their top 4, there was no reason to assume anything prior to reveal.
Other than the fact that Borge claimed town after being shot. I guess you can say he was lying, but that seems pretty dumb.
HR wrote:That means Zakeri/AlmasterGM still leads the way.
Why do I specifically lead the way as opposed to the other people on the wagon?
Xyl wrote:Nice way of implying that you think he should shoot me without actually saying it.
Do you have anything to say about the content of the argument, what it may or may not be implying aside?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yos2 is pretty solidly town here.

AlamasterGM wrote:Do you have anything to say about the content of the argument, what it may or may not be implying aside?
Hmm... this?
rewq455 wrote:Good point.... this kills 2 townies. Townies we can't afford to lose.... if there are as many townies as mafia, we lose..... Bogre be carefull about your your shot.
The first part, about killing 2 townies, is flat out wrong. The rest is obvious stuff that really doesn't add to the game.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:50 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Rereading, will have more later today.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

HowardRoark wrote:No. I didn't make it clear in that post. You were quite noncomittal about Bogre. You've been following Xylthixlm like a lost puppy.
Wrong on all counts.

None of my posts were influenced by Xyl's posts. I find the fact that he came to many of the same conclusions as I did a pro-town tell on his part, since it seems like he's likely looking at the game from the same perspective that I am.

It's also pretty absurd for to claim I was "noncomittal" about Bogre, considering just how much time I spent commenting on his play.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yos: I can see where someone might get the impression that you're following me...
Yosarian2 wrote:Hello everyone.

I agree with Xyl.
Yosarian2 wrote:And, yeah, Xyl is right here
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, I agree with Xyl.
Maybe it's time to make that "Yos2 agrees with me" smiley.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:Yos: I can see where someone might get the impression that you're following me...
Yosarian2 wrote:Hello everyone.

I agree with Xyl.
Yosarian2 wrote:And, yeah, Xyl is right here
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah, I agree with Xyl.
Maybe it's time to make that "Yos2 agrees with me" smiley.
Meh. "Following" implies that I held the suspicious I did because I was following you, and that's just wrong, and I think obviously so.

I'm getting a really bad vibe from Howard's posts here today. Most of the same posts by Bogre that I had a problem with, this is what Howard said about them when he replaced in:
HowardRoark wrote:
Bogre (54) wrote:You also scumslipped. You said you know I'm a townie, and to tell us something you don't know. Only scum know I'm a townie.

So, you're scum.
*facepalm* EPIC FAIL.
Bogre (59) wrote:Rite is scum.

You may fire when ready.
Attempt to create WIFOM when/if he is shot.
Bogre (70) wrote:I was presenting the position that I knew would garner reactions.
Sarag (71) wrote:Bogre, my first reaction to that post is: Holy backtracking, Batman!!
QFT
Bogre (76) wrote:I have the freedom to act pretty dynamically to see how people bend or prickle in response. I mean, no one can cause my death except myself, so its really moot on what anyone else thinks of -me-.
*facepalm*
Bogre (78) to rite wrote:Oh hello, scum.
More WIFOM creation.
So I fail to understand how Howard could possibly have a problem with my earlier attacks on Bogre for those exact same posts, or how he can accuse me of "following" you when he said similar things to what I said when he joined the game; does that mean Howard was also following either you or me?
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by rewq455 »

@ Bogre

Please re-write why you think Rite and his replacement are scummy.

HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Perhaps stating that Xylthixlm
appears
to have been accepted as town would make it clearer -- something that the phrase "based on the scum lists" was meant to apply. AlmasterGM, you replaced my number one suspect. Maybe you can change my mind, but right now . . . no.

@Xylthixlm: I understand that you feel that Yosarian2 is town here, but defending him doesn't help him look any better nor me to develop my read.
Yosarian2 (417) wrote:It's also pretty absurd for to claim I was "noncomittal" about Bogre, considering just how much time I spent commenting on his play.
I'll handle this sentence in reverse order. Commenting does not show commitment, I know you know this. Look at your iso 3, 6, and 22. You finally make a commitment in 24 (one post which will become important after my gold nugget reveal).

Speaking of which . . . Why does nobody seem interested in it? Also there are a few who have not commented since I announced the find or even since the shot was taken.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HR wrote:Perhaps stating that Xylthixlm appears to have been accepted as town would make it clearer -- something that the phrase "based on the scum lists" was meant to apply. AlmasterGM, you replaced my number one suspect. Maybe you can change my mind, but right now . . . no.
First, can you elaborate on why Zakarei/I am scummy? I looked and all I saw was 1) lurking, which is a dumb argument to hold against me because that's the reason I replaced in and 2) I suspected Borge, which a ton of other people did as well (Yosarian2 has already answered this after you tried to use it on him). These two bad arguments are seriously enough to put me at the top of your list?

Also, I love how you preface it with "maybe you can change my mind" - nice escape clause there so you can backpedal whenever you feel like it.
HR wrote:Speaking of which . . . Why does nobody seem interested in it? Also there are a few who have not commented since I announced the find or even since the shot was taken.
Um, what are we supposed to do, beg for it? Withholding information without a good reason for doing so is anti-town.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:42 am

Post by HowardRoark »

I'm not expecting any begging. I've already said that I want to see reactions to my gold nugget statement. Once people have made some commitments today, it shall be revealed. That is my motivation. If you believe that is anti-town, so be it. On that note . . . I want to see a top suspect from everybody.

Based on what has already been posted, here's where we stand:

ortolan -> HackerHuck
Slicey -> Sarag or rewq455 (pick one please)
Xylthixlm -> ortolan or rewq455 or Sarag (pick one please)
HackerHuck -> ortolan
Sarag -> HackerHuck
Yosarian2 ???
DragonsofSummer ???
rewq455 ???
AlmasterGM ???

I'd like to move this forward, so let's see those names.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

HowardRoark wrote:AlmasterGM ???
??? = HowardRoark.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”