startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

Post by startransmission »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Startransmission: Who is the central person in your avatar?
That would be Captain Tim "the tool man" Taylor. Sorry if he bothers people, but he ain't going nowhere.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:34 pm

SaintKerrigan wrote:Curious...Mipe, why did you feel the need to answer all of my questions, when only one of them was posed at you?
Yeah. Mipe, answering other peoples questions is a scumtell.

Unvote, Vote: Mipe
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Sleepless Assassin wrote:star, how is that a scumtell?
In this case it isn't. But... sometimes answering questions intended for other people could be seen as scum coaching their partners, or just answering for them.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

I love cookies as long as there are no nuts (except peanuts) or raisins.

I voted Mipe for shits and giggles, consider it a random vote.

This game isn't really taking off. I'll see if I can muster up some discussion starting questions that don't have anything to do with baked goods.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Sleepless Assassin wrote:Mipe's excuse looks believable maybe. I'd vote Star but that would make it L-1 again.
Why would you vote me? Because I voted for Mipe?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 am

Sleepless Assassin wrote:Mipe's excuse looks believable maybe. I'd vote Star but that would make it L-1 again.
After rereading and thinking about it, I'm not sure that Mipe's excuse is believable. I've seen scum do this kind of thing before- "whoops, didn't mean to hammer, thought he/she was at L-1" or "lost track of votes, didn't know I was putting so and so at L-1 so soon". Post 49 smacks of bullshit to me.

And why wouldn't you feel comfortable putting me at L-1 if you truly feel that I am scum? I think my reason for voting mipe (which at the time was more of me just moving my vote randomly) is less scummy than mipes OMGUS vote on me that put me at L-1.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 pm

mipe wrote:
startransmission wrote:
After rereading and thinking about it, I'm not sure that Mipe's excuse is believable. I've seen scum do this kind of thing before- "whoops, didn't mean to hammer, thought he/she was at L-1" or "lost track of votes, didn't know I was putting so and so at L-1 so soon". Post 49 smacks of bullshit to me.
Topic name is C9. It's logical to think that there are 9 players ;/ Atleast for me, anyway.
So at no point did you read the opening post?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Vote startransmission
So you really feel that me voting for mipe is that strong of a scumtell? Or is it something else? Do you care to respond to post 75?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:03 pm

*crickets chirping*
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Cat wrote:startransmission: Please tell us again, why you voted mipe.
It was a random vote. My vote was technically on Mipe anyways, as he replaced in for ksun. I knew his answering other peoples questions was a joke, and my vote for him was in a similar spirit. There was a small amount of non randomness in the vote though, when mipe was in a game with me recently he was "jokey" like that and ended up being scum. Nothing strong, but it was in the back of my mind.

Post 39 is a lie. Yeah, he may be joking around, but it's still a lie. People ask him to address it further, and he does not.

Post 44 is an OMGUS vote that places me at L-1. I realize reading back I didn't answer his question. @Mipe, answering other peoples questions can be a scumtell. It wasn't in your case, the difference being you were obviously joking.

Post 49 is potentially another lie. It seems insincere, and his honesty is already in question. It's certainly possible that he chose not to read the opening post, and is paying no attention to the game. It should be noted though that he answered all the questions for the players in the game.
All eight questions
, the eighth directed at the mod. Makes it harder to believe he didn't know how many players are in the game.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Star, you voted and when I asked you about your reasoning, you said it wasn't even a scumtell in this case. It looks like you want excuses to vote someone and don't really believe you are voting for scum.
I said it was random, which implies that I don't have an actual case against mipe. It would be scummy if I tried to build a wagon and pursue a lynch for the reason I provided, but I did not do that. As it turned out my RV ended up serving the purpose RVs are designed for, it got a reaction out of some people. Mipe's reaction in particular makes me feel that he may actually be scum. If I push for his lynch it will be for reasons other than his answering the questions.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 am

Sleepless Assassin wrote:You're lying. That wasn't a random vote.
It's hard to believe that you really think I was using mipe answering fluff questions that were clearly directed at other people as an actual reason to vote for him. My vote for him was random, and the reason silly. The silliest part about it was that
my vote was already on him
Sleepless Assassin wrote:You agree with Saint and vote. I call you on it and you say it's not a scumtell now?
I agree with Saint about what? Saint never accused Mipe of anything.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Then, according to the last vote count,
YOU'RE STILL VOTING HIM
Have you read post 89, or even the rest of the game thoroughly? There are actual reasons I have my vote on Mipe now, reasons that have nothing to do the question answering.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:And your last post is the FIRST TIME you call it a random vote.
Me, back in post 53 wrote:I voted Mipe for shits and giggles, consider it a random vote.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:I think your random vote was when you voted ksun for being last to confirm. You saw an easy reason to vote Mipe, so you did.
Again, my vote was already on Mipe- who replaced ksun. See, I thought people were paying attention and therefore would realize my vote was already on mipe, and that the reason provided was obviously a joke.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:I called you on it, so you backpedaled. Now you are avoiding responsibility for it by calling it a random vote.
I hate to burst your bubble, but you never called me out on anything. You asked why answering other peoples questions is a scumtell, and I answer why. But I made clear that it wasn't in Mipe's case.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Yeah, case closed. Here is our first scum. If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow. That's how sure I am.
Before you hurt yourself patting your own back, perhaps you should reread things. Make sure to read all the posts all the way through.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 pm

DocPotter wrote:Star. I feel that you are disengenuous(sp?) with your reasoning for your vote, especially with reguard to questions by Sleepless.
What questions do you feel I answered untruthfully? I feel post 93 made even clearer what I thought was already clear. It's unbelievable to me that people could really think my "vote" for Mipe was serious.
KittyMo wrote:Still standing by the fact that mipe is scum mainly for lying, supposedly. I've already stated my thoughts on this.
First of all, I dig the hell out of the glittery text. It makes me feel special.

I agree that Mipe's post 39 is obviously him joking around. I didn't give Mipe a hard time about it at the time, but it did turn me off. Jokey posts are all good and well, but there comes a time when they become a distraction. It's a lie, and while that's not a big deal of you take this post by itself... but (as I explain in post 89) I'm leaning towards considering post 49 a lie also. That to me retroactively puts 39 in a whole new light.

While you're opinion of 39 is clear (and not too different from mine) what is your opinion of 49? Do you think my reasons for believing it to be a lie are a reach? And what about post 91?

Still waiting for Sleepless/Mipe to respond. Or to post at all.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 am

mipe wrote:
startransmission wrote: Still waiting for Sleepless/Mipe to respond. Or to post at all.
Well hello, what questions do you need answering for?
:shock:

More Mipe votes please.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Sleepless Assassin wrote:I didn't realize your vote was on him already. Still weird that it's still there though.
Not really, I've been vocal about my issues with him
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Can you give me a bulleted or numbered or something list of why Mipe is scummy in your opinion?
Eh, sure I guess, if it helps you. I've brought all of this up before but I'll reiterate via iso. Sorry if it's repetitive for the rest of you.

0. Replaces in for ksun. Nothing scummy.
1. Random vote for SK. Nothing scummy.
2. Responds to all the questions posed SK. Nothing scummy, kinda fun. But as I've said before, he answers
all 8 questions
, the eighth directed at the mod.
3. After being asked why he answered all the questions he responds that he read them wrong. That's a lie, but also clearly a joke as he changed all the names to his own. Not terribly scummy, but not at all helpful.
4. Seems to just realize that I had a vote on him, and places an OMGUS vote on me that puts me at L-1 while parroting SA's reason for his vote on me. Super scummy.
5. After SK and SA point out that I'm at L-1 Mipe says he didn't realize how many people there are in the game. Remember how he answered all the questions for all of the players? That makes it hard for me to believe that he didn't know how many people there are in the game. Consider also that he mentions who he knows and who he doesn't know. That makes it hard for me to believe he did not read the opening post, which makes the setup clear. And while this is nothing concrete I felt a note of insincerity in this post.
6. Explains why he didn't unvote me. This is the only time in the game where he directly answers a question and it makes sense/isn't a "joke".
7. Makes clear he is brushed up on the Ace Attorney series and welcomes Kitty.
8. Explains why he thought it was a nine player setup. I don't follow his logic.
9. Purposefully dodges Cat's question. Explains that he did read the first post, but got confused :?: by the roles and... I'm not sure what he's saying here actually.
10. Asks me what questions I want him to answer. Either a. he's joking around again or b. he hasn't read a word I or others have said in the past three or so pages.

So there it is. Mipe has been dodgy, shady, and unhelpful. Yeah, it's possible that Mipe is just a terrible townie... but the L-1 business is something I can't shake. I've seen scum use the "whoops, didn't realize what was going on" excuse before, and I don't buy it from Mipe. Another thing is the meta I have on him, where he played in a very similar fashion and ended up being scum. I would provide a link but that game is still ongoing and while Mipe is dead in it I still think it counts as a no-no. It's just something that bolsters the scum read that I get from Mipe.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Unvote
. I clearly misunderstood some things. I need to try and sort this out. I still think that Mipe and Star aren't scum together but one of them is scum.
While I think that Mipe is very likely scum (and therefore agree), I have to warn you against this way of thinking. While you should pressure and question the people you find scummy, it's dangerous to make too many assumptions. I myself have a tendency to tunnel and when you're convinced of something it's hard to see things in any other light. You have to take into account any possibility.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Well, now we know we have a doctor. Well done whoever you are.
KittyMo wrote:Eventually, Sleepless Assassin, keep in mind that our goal today is probably to no lynch because we have 6 players alive. We're in mislynch or lose.

Consequently, L-3 votes are okay, but L-2 votes have the danger of a scum quickhammer.
I like your point about DocPotter on Day 1, the activity stuff was... lame. However, I absolutely hate the notion of a no-lynch. It's never in towns best interest to not attempt to identify and ultimately lynch scum. If we mislynch and there is a NK then we would be in Lylo.

So, yeah we need to be careful and obviously try not to mislynch... but we can't give scum a pass today or ever.

God, even the notion of a no lynch turns my stomach. Either your logic is flawed or you're scum.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 pm

KittyMo wrote:Nobody died last night, Star...
Meaning we have a doctor that made the correct choice, unless I'm missing something. Can we count on that happening again tonight?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Sorry, had I known how my weekend was going to shake out I would've given a V/LA. I'll respond to stuff shortly.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

My final word on no-lynch. Not going to be a part of it. I will use my vote and attempt to root out scum today, not tomorrow. Please do not throw math at me, it won't work. Here's my feeling,

1. If we no no lynch today then everyday afterwards will be lylo. Advantage: Scum.

2. If we no lynch today and assuming scum get a NK, they will NK the player that is the biggest threat to them. Advantage: Scum.

3. I we no lynch today then the precious 3 townies to 2 scum ratio will allow scum to have a bigger influence on which wagon to move forward with, as well as a larger presence on that wagon. Advantage: Scum.

4. Convincing each other about the merits/horrors of a no lynch will/has soak up a lot of discussion today. Advantage: Scum.

5. Committing to a no lynch today puts all the pressure off of scum. There are no immediate consequences for them, and town's only tool is being discarded. Advantage: Scum.

6. Activity has been bad enough, not having an objective that has to be achieved correctly and promptly will allow players to sit back and take a "wait and see" approach, instead of actively scum hunting with the goal of a town win. Advantage: Scum.

If I'm going to be "FoSed" or voted because I refuse to go along with the no lynch madness then please let me know so I can replace out, and if scum is lucky a noob will replace in and be fooled by why the "odds" are better if there's a no lynch.
DocPotter wrote:Star:

Firstly, voted Mipe with a reason. I know you said that it was random and all, but it was several days after the game started, you gave a reason and then said that the reason wasn't a scum tell. Three posts to say that a vote was random, despite giving a fairly believable reason. Four before giving a new reason. Then a few posts later you come up with annother reason for the reason/no-reason/random/not so random vote.

Do you wonder why I call it disingenuous
Yes. I think I've been clear on why my "vote" for Mipe was a joke.
DocPotter wrote:Why would you vote mipe when technically your vote was already on him?
As a joke.
DocPotter wrote:Because voting flakes is scummy. Not removing your vote from a flake is scummy. I noticed that you didn't answer that question, just pushed it citing some incredulity.
Voting flakes is not scummy. I will place/unplace my vote for whomever whenever and for whatever reason I wish. And what exact question did I dodge?
DocPotter wrote:
Star wrote:when mipe was in a game with me recently he was "jokey" like that and ended up being scum.
He was also focused and played reasonbly well. Played scummy, but not like the mistake ridden player here. So I think this reason is rubbish too.
What? He was focused and played reasonably well? Are you serious? But wait, he also played scummy? So which is it? And when did I say that my meta on him was based on him making mistakes?
DocPotter wrote:
Mipe Newb849 wrote:2. Personally, I think that playing as scum is generally more fun, unless there are some cool special good roles. I think playing as townie in some games boring.
20:20 hindsight. Mipe was less interested in the game and made mistakes because he was town.
He played almost the exact same as scum. And what is your point here?
DocPotter wrote:But I still have to wonder why Star targeted him in the first place. The only reason I can think of is that he targeted a player who's normal play is scummy.
I RVed his predecessor. When Mipe replaced in and answered all the questions I "revoted" him as a joke, as his post was obviously a joke. I was clear on that at the time. But the more Mipe posted the more valid reasons there were to vote him. I documented and commented on those reasons throughout. Reread day 1.
DocPotter wrote:Then Star starts pushing mipe because he lied.
Star wrote: It would be scummy if I tried to build a wagon and pursue a lynch for the reason I provided,
which you did. For something that it now appears you were doing yourself. So we come to a fifth reason for your mipe vote, which is normally fine. Multiple reasons for a vote are good. But not when everyone seems to say that the previous reason didn't count?
What the hell are you talking about? I did not pursue a lynch on Mipe for answering the damn questions. So when exactly did I lie? What previous reason are you referring? Citations/quotes please.
DocPotter wrote:Then we get Star's response to Sleepless:

To paraphrase:
None of my previous reasons counted, my vote was already there.
Retcon and writing off scummy as silly.

not agreeing with SK
SK's accusal was way soft, and you followed it way hard. Yeah I can see sleepless' point.

I have reasons now
again retconning the previous 4 reasons for your vote.
I'm unfamiliar with "retconning". And I don't follow a single thing you're talking about here. Please, pull actual quotes so I know what I'm responding to, instead of literally putting words into my mouth without context.
DocPotter wrote:20:20 hindsight is a beautiful thing when looking at a mis-lynch. In this case it shows that Star pushed an easy lynch on a scum style player, mostly by building up the suspicion with random seeming reasons that he could walk away from, and a final claim the Star himself appears to be commiting.
It wasn't that easy a lynch. It was however the right lynch, despite the flip. My reasons weren't random, they were clear and concise, whether or not you agree with them. I had no plan to nor will I "walk away" from those reasons. And what's this final claim I'm committing to?
KittyMo wrote:
startransmission wrote:Well, now we know we have a doctor. Well done whoever you are.
Wait, what the hell? For all we know, scum could've no killed. Only scum would know for sure whether they tried to kill and it didn't work, or if they decided to not kill for whatever reason. Why are you making this assumption?
Because the idea that in this setup scum would choose to not kill anybody is ridiculous.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 pm

DocPotter wrote:Generally speaking the question you 'pushed' was why would you vote Mipe if your vote was already on him. Asked by multiple people. Including you.
I asked myself that question but I "pushed" it? Anyways, I made clear many times that I revoted him in jest.
DocPotter wrote:Voting a flake is scummy. When you vote them and it becomes obvious that they have flaked, there is no point keeping your vote on them. None. But you did.
Mipe was more than a flake, he was scummy. I explained why I thought he was scummy. And I couldn't disagree more about moving my vote away from somebody I feel is scummy.
The point of keeping my vote on Mipe was because I thought he was scum and he refused to supply a defense.

DocPotter wrote:Then came up with an increasing number of reasons to keep your vote there, even re-voteing to make your point about having a reason. That you have walked away from all bar one of those reasons is bad.
When did I walk away from those reasons??? And your timeline is wrong, I didn't provide any actual reasons for voting Mipe until after I revoted.
DocPotter wrote:You cited, and walked away from, meta as a reason for your vote. But you only claimed the part of his meta that suited you. If you had been serious about it, especially with the benifit of hindsight, t would be obvious that the scum/town element of his meta was his mistakes not his jokes. It was his attention to the game as scum. This was obvious enough that you should have seen it, and anyof us should have seen it if we'd looked.
Again, when did I walk away from the meta? How do you know that I only used the part of it that suited me?
DocPotter wrote:Retcon, short for Retroactive Continuity, is a literary term that "is the deliberate changing of previously established facts in a work of serial fiction."
Wikipedia
In mafia terms it's trying to change, or refocus, things you have already said. Trying to change your history. Like saying that a vote was random several posts after you had made it with an actual reason.
DocPotter wrote:
Star wrote:If I'm going to be "FoSed" or voted because I refuse to go along with the no lynch madness then please let me know so I can replace out, and if scum is lucky a noob will replace in and be fooled by why the "odds" are better if there's a no lynch.
This worries me. Ourtight appeal to emotion. Saying you're against a no-lynch is one thing. That's why the discussion. Giving your reasons for being against is a good thing. But threatening to walk away or claiming that the "odds" are wrong? To me this sounds like you are worried by a no-lynch.
I am worried about a no lynch. I'm very worried about it, because it is not in towns best interest. I'm not appealing to emotion by threatening to walk away, I'm making clear that I will not take part in an all but forfeited game.

Vote: DocPotter

For not having much of an issue with my vote for Mipe on Day 1. For voting for Mipe himself while not providing any case against him. For refusing to quote or cite exactly where I'm lying, or being inconsistent. For spreading suspicion on virtually everybody based off their activity. For buddying up to KittyMo, especially on the no-lynch issue. For supporting the no-lynch. For misrepresenting me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 pm

DocPotter wrote:I don't believe I have mis-represented you in any way Star.
You call me a liar, you say I abandoned the reasons I voted for mipe, you "paraphase" (putting words in my mouth without context to sell your point) and that I'm trying to "change history". You do all this without quotes or citations.
DocPotter wrote:Where you said I got my timeline wrong, wasn't a timeline.
Really?
DocPotter wrote:Then came up with an increasing number of reasons to keep your vote there, even re-voteing to make your point about having a reason. That you have walked away from all bar one of those reasons is bad.
This is another example of you misrepresenting me. I never offered a non-random/silly reason for placing my vote on mipe. The actual reasons came afterwards, and I didn't revote to make a point about having reasons.
DocPotter wrote:Why I was worried was that nobody had even hinted that they would FOS or vote you for refusing to go along with the no-lynch. So for you to bring it up is strange.
Is that so?
DocPotter wrote:At this stage no-lynch is a viable tactic for the town. Any lynch today would have to be extra certain.

fos Star
Kitty partly explained one reason why what you started talking about was a bad idea. There are more.
What am I missing here? By the way, I don't recall you ever going into what those other reasons are. Please do, and make sure they're different from Kitty's.
DocPotter wrote:My mistake with Mipe, which I admitted already by the way, was in not looking into your meta comments until after the vote. Checking that meta out took him away from being the most scummy. 20:20 hindsight at work. But then I've already said that.
I still have no idea what you're talking about. How did you look into the meta I brought up when I never offered (game's still ongoing) a link? But let's say you did your homework (conveniently after mipe was lynched) and found the meta I briefly mentioned. Mipe, who was scum, played almost exactly the same as he did here. So it wasn't an issue of how active or interested he was, although that was consistent with this game as well. Also, the meta was not a big part of my case on him. I brought it up to explain why I felt his being dodgy and jokey was making me more suspicious of him than I might have been otherwise.

All that said, I don't actually believe you read the game in question. When did I discard the meta? You say I only brought up the part of the meta that suited me, so what parts did I leave out?
DocPotter wrote:I believe I have pointed out a few times where you are lieing. That you refuse to admit to it is strange. Since I have listed the main ones. But I will quote it exactly when I have time (and the forum/connection decides to play nice)
You have not once pointed out where I lied. And you still haven't provided any quotes or citations. MS is shitting the bed on me too, yet I am able to provide quotes for my arguments.
DocPotter wrote:Do you honestly think that the low activity is good? I believe I said that everybody needs to pick it up. That Kitty needed a look at for doubling the post count, and after that look that I felt that she was the only one posting to near correct levels. (Kitty/SK actually, bu that's cumbersome)
Activity has been bad enough,
You pointed fingers at people based on their activity- either they posted too much or not enough.
DocPotter wrote:No you don't think that the low activity has been good. So you what. Agree with me but find it scummy in this case? Wouldn't be the first time you've said something like that.
Excuse me? My point was that a no-lynch today would hurt the already insanely slow pace of this game. So where's the inconsistency? And when else did I agree with somebody about something, and then hold it against them? I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for you to cite or quote an instance, not something that you're good at.

You picked the wrong guy to strawman. Start backing up your accusations and stop misrepresenting me.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm

And welcome wolramnhart. I look forward to your thoughts on the game so far.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm

DocPotter wrote:I searched for all posts by Mipe and looked at the three games that came up. Of which you are/were only in two, being this one and the one you mentioned. Something you should have realised when I quoted him from a finished newbie game!
What? I don't understand this. You quoted Mipe from a game I wasn't even in. So when did I discard the meta I mentioned? What part of the meta I mentioned did I leave out?
DocPotter wrote:
But let's say you did your homework (conveniently after mipe was lynched) and found the meta I briefly mentioned. Mipe, who was scum, played almost exactly the same as he did here. So it wasn't an issue of how active or interested he was, although that was consistent with this game as well.
No there were differences. While he played scummy in the other two games (He was scum in both), and here, it was here that he was mistake ridden
as well
Bolded for emphasis. Ok, so you agree with why my experience with him as scum made me feel more strongly that he was scum in this game? The mistake he made here was not taking the game seriously, something he also did in the game I played with him when he was scum. That was my point, that is in fat what metas are all about. So where did I discard/cherrypick? By the way, what was the name of the game that I played with him? I really don't think you have even read through it.
DocPotter wrote:Well, given that I quoted Mipe from the middle of one of those games ...
You discarded it when you described everything before the lie case as a random reason, and you only mentioned the part that was consistant across all three games, not the part that was different. I mentioned it specifically by the way. Mistake ridden and lurkery.
I didn't read all of his games. I referenced the one other game I played in with him. His behavior as scum was fairly consistent with his behavior here. I discarded nothing. The mistake is yours. And what does lurkery mean?
DocPotter wrote:Finally, I never ment for you to think that I was fossing you for you stance on a no-lynch. That was not the reason and I'm sorry for making it appear like it was.
I don't believe that. So what was the reason? Why wouldn't you bring up that reason when you FoSed me? How could I not think that you were FoSing me for not going along with the no lynch, when the only content of that post was you agreeing/buddying with Kitty for being for it, while scolding me for not?
DocPotter wrote:But if you still don't like it Star, can you think of a better way to increase the towns chances? (Better or improve on either option)
Yeah, lynch you.

I'm not going to respond to the other nonsense in your post Doc. I've addressed all of it, and if you actually believe the points you're trying to bring up, I suggest you reread the game. If anybody else thinks that Doc is making good points against me, please ask me about them and I will respond.

And Doc, there are several direct questions I've asked you in my last few posts which you have yet to answer. Why is this?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:09 pm

^ I hope I'm not the only one who sees all the things that are wrong here.

And if you don't, for the time being please do not claim.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey, I'll get a post up tonight. It requires a lot of quoting etc. and right now MS is slower than molasses. I'll get to it soon though.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I apologize for being absent the last couple of days.
DocPotter wrote:I answered everything. You're still misquoting me, and you're not thinking.
Where have I misquoted you? And here are some of the questions that have been asked of you that you have not responded to.
Me wrote:I didn't read all of his games. I referenced the one other game I played in with him. His behavior as scum was fairly consistent with his behavior here. I discarded nothing. The mistake is yours. And what does lurkery mean?
Me wrote:I don't believe that. So what was the reason? Why wouldn't you bring up that reason when you FoSed me? How could I not think that you were FoSing me for not going along with the no lynch, when the only content of that post was you agreeing/buddying with Kitty for being for it, while scolding me for not?
Me wrote:So where did I discard/cherrypick? By the way, what was the name of the game that I played with him? I really don't think you have even read through it.
Wolf wrote:Doc how can you even remotely think that a no lynch is the way to go? Did you see my post where I describe three possible scenarios, all of which are bad for the town?
Kunkstar wrote:I would really like you to clarify what you meant here. Ah, and please try and copy the real quote, whole quote.
Me wrote:Excuse me? My point was that a no-lynch today would hurt the already insanely slow pace of this game. So where's the inconsistency? And when else did I agree with somebody about something, and then hold it against them?
Me wrote:What? He was focused and played reasonably well? Are you serious? But wait, he also played scummy? So which is it? And when did I say that my meta on him was based on him making mistakes?
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Me wrote:What am I missing here? By the way, I don't recall you ever going into what those other reasons are. Please do, and make sure they're different from Kitty's.
^Oh, and this one too.

I don't want a massclaim. When I'm in newbie games and it comes down to lylo I usually do call for a massclaim. It pins people down to roles, and prevents any false PR claims at deadline. The difference here is two things. (1. I only urge massclaims when the lylo is on the last day. No matter who gets lynched, the game will be over. Not the case here. (2. I'm convinced that DocPotter is scum. I don't want scum getting the information of what roles there are and who has them. And make no mistake, that is why Doc has brought up the massclaim.

Ok, give me a few and I'll post up why I'm so convinced Doc is scum.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:23 am

Why I Think DocPotter Is Scum

1. Comes in and FoS's the two players under the most scrutiny, being myself and Mipe. This is classic fencesitting. When the tide turns against Mipe he hops on the wagon.

2. Votes for Mipe without citing any reason other than a lackluster defense. Oddly my "lies" aren't an issue for him.

3. FoS's me for not going along with the no lynch. Apparently we're supposed to believe that the FoS was actually because I congratulated the doc. Interesting, as that is not referenced in the post where he FoS'd me. More interesting? That is also not referenced in the "iso" he did on me in which he FoS'd me a second time.

4. Buddy's up to Kitty. See iso posts 7,8,10,23,24 and 25.

5. Says that he's read the meta I had on Mipe (after Mipe was lynched mind you) and claims I disregarded information. He then quotes a game that I did not play in, let alone read. When I ask him what game I was referring to, he refuses to answer. I press this issue because the search function is off right now, and I don't believe he ever read the meta to which I referred.

6. Claims I abandoned the reasons for my vote (I stand by any and every quote regarding the Mipe wagon) and am trying to change history. The history in this game ain't that deep. Is seemingly unable to pull quotes, and when he does he breaks them up and presents them out of context to sell his point. He also like to "paraphrase"... which translates to putting words into my mouth.

7. Despite believing so strongly that a no-lynch is the town's best option, places an OMGUS vote on me.

8. Wants people to claim. Is openly trying to out town PR's.

Summary/Theory/Narrative

DocPotter inherits a mafia role and replaces into the game. He sees that Mipe and Startransmission are the two players under scrutiny. He places an FoS on both. Good scum cover their bases. Sleepless has issues with ST's joke vote on Mipe, and Doc wants a little taste of that action. He calls ST's reasons for voting Mipe "disingenuous". He calls out people for not posting enough, but places suspicion on people who post
too
much. Soon ST finds real reasons to lynch Mipe, documents and explains them, and starts actually pressing for his lynch. Perfect for Doc, Mipe is both town and he's a boob. Doc sees the opportunity and hops on the wagon. Mipe is lynched.

Day 2 starts. Does some fluff Iso stuff, and comes to some conclusions. He had been giving Kitty a rough time over her posting, but it clearly wasn't going anywhere so he figures the best thing to do is to buddy up to her.
On a dime
he begins to like her posting, and begins to have "definite town feelings" from her. That dime? Kitty wants a no lynch. Doc can't believe his luck. People are quiet, but the most active poster wants a no lynch? Easy win. Kitty throws out some math which makes such an abomination seem reasonable. Doc latches on. But then stupid ol' ST says he doesn't want a no lynch. Kitty continues with her reasoning, but that shithead ST won't budge. So, Doc FoS's him for not agreeing with Kitty. In fact, Doc is so sure that everyone is on his side, he puts together a little case on Star.

(stick with me folks)

Doc thinks that this'll be pretty easy. After all, ST pushed for a Mipe lynch and Mipe flipped town. Surely, that can be used. So, he goes back to the well and uses SA's case against ST. But what if people point out that Doc had nothing to say about the matter on Day 1? And that he was on the Mipe wagon himself, the reason being that Mipe didn't defend himself against ST's points? Eh, nobody's really posting, and SA will probably side with him. Plus Kitty should be on his team now too. But what's this?? ST fights back? Crap. Doc begins to flail, misquote, paraphrase, and misrepresent ST in a lame attempt to paint him as a liar. In doing so he tries to make it look like ST is doing a Appeal to Emotion, and wonders why ST ever got the idea that he would be FoS'd or voted for not going along with the no-lynch. ST quotes Doc doing just that.

OOPSIE POOPSIE!!!

Doc realizes his mistake, and tries to pass it off with an apology. ST isn't satisfied. Doc goes back to the drawing board, and steals SA's concern over ST congratulating the Doctor as his reason for FoSing ST. SA seemed to think that it was a scumtell, and surely this time Doc can bring him aboard the ST lynch wagon once again! Doc abandons the whole Mipe wagon thing, and..

(Guy, I honestly cannot follow Doc's logic at all. If anyone else can, please explain it to me.)

He then presents the conclusion that ST could only be the doctor or scum, and somehow ST not being cool with being called a liar makes him not a doctor, therefore he is scum. Doc then asks for a massclaim. Why? So that scum will get the information they need- the identity of the doctor. Two things are accomplished. There is obviously a doctor, and scum will find out who via the claim. It will also somehow validate Doc's bizarre theory that because I am not the doctor that I must be scum. Two birds, one stone.

By the way, I'm not saying I'm not the doctor. I won't claim, soft or otherwise, until I am at L-1 and am specifically asked.

Please, everybody, re read the thread. It's not that long. We can lynch scum right now, and we will be out of lylo for at least another day.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:28 am

I'll respond to 201 tomorrow.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

This is insane.

More DocPotter votes please.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Arrgghh. I wanted a claim as well.

Wolf coming in and hammering the way he did makes me nervous about Doc.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Hrm. If Doc flips town I'm going to guess a Sleepless and Wolf scumpair.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 pm

Well, lack of activity killed us. I had a bad feeling about Wolf and Sleepless, and when Wolf hammered I knew for sure. I just couldn't let go of Doc, I was just too sure he was scum.

Congratz scum. Not a setup I particularly care for, a little too stacked. But as long as Excedrin is PMing players with hints and flattery, I'm glad it was to town.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Return to “Completed Open Games”