Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Normally I don't buy a whole lot into "slips", but it's early Day 1 and I like Cathart's reasoning here.
Unvote
Vote: The Tracker
; let's see where this takes us.

As for your question Hoopla: I usually try not to think of people as "lynch targets" or "not lynch targets" on Day 1 until a degree of time has been spent outside of the RVS. The most common tells in my experience that lead me towards one or the other for each person are things like overreactions, rolefishing and buddying. Gut also plays a large role sometimes.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Mindgamer wrote:Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
Thanks for this post, it may prove useful down the line.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:13 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla wrote:Cathart, Cyberbob; what do you think about utility lynches on Day 1? For example, we give player X a 35% chance of being scum for whatever reasons, and we give player Y a 30% chance of being scum.

X is generally active, and has a known reputation of catching scum.
Y is occasionally lurky and has a poor ability to analyse players and the game state.

Is it right to lynch Y in this situation? What if the gap was wider than 5%? Or should we be lynching whoever we collectively deem as the scummiest?
I'd lynch Y over X, I really find it hard to enjoy playing with people that are bad at the game - not only do they fail to recognise legitimate cases, but they're distracting and are often the most aggressively defensive of their playstyles (which is also a distraction).

So yeah, I agree with utility lynches.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla, are you going to offer any opinions of your own on the actual game? All you've had to offer so far has been questions that either belong in MD or are totally irrelevant (thinking of that question about the Saudi Gazette).
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Hoopla wrote:I like understanding the general philosophy of player's approaches to the game - I think this can serve to eliminate misunderstandings later on, rather than superimposing my own thought process on to what other people say, and assuming they think similarly to me.
So uh what general philosophy did the answer to your Saudi Gazette question reveal?
Hoopla wrote:Do you want me to analyse the game so far? :roll:
I'd like you to make a genuine stab at it, yeah. If we all just sit around throwing our hands up at the lack of information or the poor quality of the discourse then the town isn't going to get anywhere.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

A Miller claim... hm. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in later days - people seem to be believing the claim, so I'm kind of wondering whether any scumminess Hoopla might display further on is going to be jumped on more than usual or whether she'll be given a bit of a free pass.

Also of interest is the fact that hitogoroshi is Hoopla's "strongest town read" when his Posts 95 & 99 (particularly 99) appear to be largely responsible for much of the belief in Hoopla's claim. Just something to point out.

The Quag wagon appears to primarily be a pressure one and I agree with it, but he's racked up a few votes already so I'll wait for his response before adding my vote to the pile. I do kind of like the Tracker wagon as well.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Quagmire wrote:Why are people voting for The Tracker?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 29#2055429

Also a lack of anything better.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Note the second line of my post.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Cyberbob »

The Tracker wrote:Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was America.
unvote
haha what the hell is this

Defs keeping my vote right where it is for now.

Hoopla:
Would you mind offering up some kind of response to my point about you declaring Hito to be your strongest town read right after he had conveniently managed to convince a bunch of people to keep you alive? Because it seems to me like there's definitely an element of buddying there.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

The way I see it is if you haven't opened your role PM you aren't really playing mafia - you're abusing a mechanic of the game to try and get a cheap ride to the endgame.

It is extremely interesting to see the vehemence with which Nacho is trying to defend Quag here. I am looking forward to his flip very much - as I'm sure he is too, given that he doesn't know what it will be. This so-called "passive scumhunting" has proven itself to be nothing more than a dumb excuse for lurking and posting one-liners (except when his own neck is on the line of course) from what I've seen so far and I honestly do not feel like allowing it to continue.

Unvote, Vote: Quagmire
- let me know when you're actually playing mafia.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

RedCoyote wrote:
Cyberbob 163 wrote:It is extremely interesting to see the vehemence with which Nacho is trying to defend Quag here.
I'm worried that some players, not to name names, with non-town roles might be trying take advantage of the Quagmire situation for personal gain. What do you think of that?
Trying to take advantage of a situation for personal gain is what scum players always do, and you could apply that argument to almost every wagon ever. Hope this helps.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Quagmire wrote:I've decided that under no circumstances I will read my role PM today, mostly because I want to troll Cyberbob and Hoopla some more.
Yeah dude I'm so emotionally affected by a thing a person does in a mafia game! it just eats me up inside that you won't read your PM........GRRRRRRRRRR
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

RedCoyote wrote:This is all a big smokescreen, and I won't really have any part in it any longer. It is a waste of our time, and it's distracting most of the townies from doing anything else. I don't know whether or not it's worth using the lynch on Quagmire if only the quell this principled uproar, but I don't think everyone on his wagon is there honestly. I implore those voting him to keep a closer eye on your wagon buddies as the day marches on.
If you're trying to bus somebody (which is honestly what all these shifty little attempts to focus suspicion look like), you're doing it badly.

"I won't really have any part in it any longer."

When did you ever have a part in it to begin with?
FOS: RedCoyote
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Trying implies you still disagree with me. If you disagree with me, please respond to my posts yourself instead of waiting for Hito or Hoopla to do it for you.
I'm not "waiting for Hito or Hoopla to do it for me", I already did it with the giving of my stance on not reading role PMs. Durp.
Nachomamma8 wrote:If Quagmire flips town, I'll be excited to reexamine his wagon, to find people like you & cruelty who have been jumping on a wagon at opportune times.
If Quagmire flips scum, I'll be excited to look at people like Mindgamer and The Tracker, who have failed to comment on the Quagmire wagon at all.
More power to you.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Likewise, your FoS on RedCoyote is weak, hypocritical, and mostly meaningless. First of all, do you disagree with the point he made? Second of all, do you think you had a part in this?
Why is it hypocritical? Are you sure you know what that word means?

Re your first question: Yes.

Re your second question: You're asking me whether I think I had a part in this? Is there a typo in there somewhere?

Do you think his stance of "im not gonna read my role pm to trol u guys hehehehehe" is pro-town?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Nachomamma8 wrote:But you didn't actually respond to anything anyone else posted, now did you?
Every post in a thread is a response to another post (or posts) except for the OP. Just because I didn't specifically quote any posts doesn't mean I wasn't responding to them.
Nachomamma8 wrote:You're FoSing him because he said "I'm not having a part in this any longer", and you said he never had a part. The only part you've had in all of this is jumping on an easy wagon.
The difference is that I never claimed that I had a part in it before. I don't think you really get why I FOS'd him.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Oops, my bad. I mean to say "How have you had any part in this whatsoever?"
I haven't, and never claimed I did before now. Again, you don't understand my point.
Nachomamma8 wrote:As for your question, no.
But you're willing to excuse it.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Quagmire wrote:
vote: Cyberbob
, reason post coming up after work tonight
lol >_<
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Then enlighten me.
I already did, read my last post again. I refuse to cater to your obnoxious refusal to comprehend anything that isn't handed to you on a silver platter.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm willing to excuse it because it's his playstyle, and I don't honestly see how it'll help his scum game. Lynching scummy > Lynching annoying/anti-town.
In my book annoying/anti-town = scummy when it comes to an experienced player like Quag because he knows better (or should). "durp his playstyle!!" doesn't really hold much weight, sorry.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Flareonage wrote:Everyone who is voting for Quagmire hasn't really been scum hunting. They just want Quagmire gone because of his playing style.
Be careful about using things like the word "everyone". I can't remember off the top of my head whether anyone else has been looking at people other than Quag but I certainly have been.
Flareonage wrote:There may be some truth to what they are saying but scum could easily be using that situation to their advantage.

If Quagmire was scum then maybe his partner is one of the pissed off people. I know I would be if I found out my partner hasn't read his role PM
a) Scum
always
use a situation to their advantage whether it's one of their buddies in the firing line or whether it's a townie.
b) Yeah, maybe, or maybe all of his buddies are avoiding the wagon and lambasting all the people on it. You need to look at both sides of the coin if you want people to take your final position seriously.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Also RedCoyote's defence of Flare is noted.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh Quag. Not only are you making a heap of frenzied posts all in a rush but you also have to steal one of my jokes to come up with a phunny? You're slipping, broheim.

also yes I have commented substantially on you, I commented quite substantially on you when I made my vote. After that there really hasn't been much from you aside from vapid trash and desperate attempts to find
something
on me as though nobody would pick up on how OMGUSy you're being.

As far as other people of interest go, I've still very much got my eye on The Tracker (for the same reasons as before but also now with cruelty's Post 256, which I like). Nachomamma and Flare haven't really been doing much for me either; the former's chainsaw defence of Quag in particular is rubbing me the wrong way.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

If it comes down to a choice between Tracker and No Lynch I'll switch back to him without a second thought, but I don't want to give up on the Quag wagon just yet. I'll be around between now and the deadline, don't worry.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Quagmire wrote:Well, I suppose it's going to be me or nobody. I've already said I'm not going to read my role PM. Let me stress how silly of a lynch this is.
You also said
why
you're not going to read your role PM - would you care to remind everyone just what reason that might be?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Again?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Go town.