Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Mini 909: Nice'n'Fun Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Mini 909: Nice'n'Fun Mafia

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. The sky is blue, the birds are singing, the flowers are smiling, the trees are dancing, the tombstones are laughing, the rivers flow downhill dyed in crimson, the chimneys breathe out the foul stench of rotting bodies, the walls stand smeared with bits of human flesh and bone, splendidly decorated in blood still dripping wet -- Let us turn the clock back and watch this comedy unfold.

Game Status:
Game Over (Mafia Wins)
Current Deadline:
N/A

Still Alive
  • hitogoroshi,
    Mafia Goon

Hoopla,
    Mafia Goon

Faraday
    Flareonage
    Mafia Watcher
Burning In Hell
  • Quagmire,
    CPR Doctor
    , guillotined D1
    Cyberbob,
    Tracker
    , face smashed N1
    Mindgamer,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stoned to death D2
    AGar
    Col.Cathart
    Doc Enabler
    , skinned alive N2
    Snow White
    The Tracker
    FBI Agent
    , premature burial D3

RedCoyote,
    Vanilla Townie
    , heart carved out
    Nachomamma8
    horrordude0215
    Nachomamma8
    Vanilla Townie
    , head split in half
    cruelty,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stomach ripped open
    EdFrost
    angelmouse
    Firefighter
    , shredded into pieces
Stuff Ending

End of Day 1, End of Night 1
End of Day 2, End of Night 2
End of Day 3 & Epilogue

Results, night actions, final comments, me laughing my ass off, etc.
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Rules & Guidelines

(format inspired by RedCoyote)

Disclaimer
-
This post is just a general guideline. My whim is law. I reserve the right to change/bend/add/ignore/remove rules and invoke mod privileges at will. I AM TYRANT.

Voting
-
Votes must be in bold in this format -
Vote: Cruciare
. It would greatly help to spell your votee's name exactly as it appears, even though I may be able to interpret nicknames/abbreviations. The colon is optional. Refrain from voting people/things that are not eligible to be voted. The four letters "Vote" must exist in that order as text for your vote to count.
Unvote
in bold will remove your vote, and likewise the six letters "Unvote" must exist in that order as text for your vote to be removed. Unvoting is not necessary before switching your vote. Badly formatted votes and unvotes will not be counted. Attempted voting tricks are punishable by castration.

Lynching
-
Lynching requires a majority of votes, that is, just more than half of the living players. A player who first reaches a majority of votes is considered lynched, and any further voting and unvoting attempts will not be counted. The game will go into 'twilight' until I get there to announce the lynchee's death. During 'twilight' everyone is welcome to talk in-thread until I lock it and announce the arrival of night. You may choose to
Vote: No Lynch
, and in the case that a vote for no lynch is the majority, the day will end without anyone being lynched. For a lynch to occur the town must come to a consensus before the deadline. Any modkills
may
end the day like a lynch.

Deadlines
-
At deadline, if there is no majority, the day will end in a no lynch, regardless of anything. All days have an auto-deadline of two weeks (14 days/336 hours). This deadline may shorten or extend as per my whim without warning. I will be reasonable (you will have at least 4 days prior knowledge of any shortened deadline), and your pitiful begging may sway me. Deadlines will be in the form of days/hours, and I will remind you as often as possible. A date in GMT will be provided, but you'll need to adjust accordingly to your time zone. Deadlines are absolute to the minute, regardless of when I come to announce it. I will look at exact post times to verify stuff if necessary.

Night Actions
-
Night lasts about 72 hours or three days (barring strange circumstances). If night actions are not submitted in this period of time, the night action will be forfeited for that night (with possible exceptions). Most night choices are not compulsory, including mafia kills. If you anticipate going to swim in the Amazon during any night phase, your night choice may be submitted early, but otherwise please actually wait until night to send in your night choice. No night choices can be reconsidered or resent - I will only accept your very first choice. Night actions will resolve in a particular way which I am not bothered to explain here, but you may make relevant enquiries.

Delinquency
-
If you once again anticipate going to swim in the Amazon for an extended period, please PM me or state as such in-thread. I do not check V/LA. Prods may be given upon request or as I see fit (typically after 48 hours of absence). Prodded people must show signs of not being eaten by piranhas ASAP. Failure to do so will result in me looking for a replacement. If you have been prodded too many times, I may have to forcibly replace you. If your vacation to the Amazon takes longer than one week, I may replace you anyway regardless of advance notice. Replacements will take the place of their predecessors at the instant I announce it, and will be given all relevant role information.

Thou Shalt Not
-
Do not talk to anyone outside of the thread about this game (except me) unless your role PM says you can. Do not quote or pretend to quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread, including role PMs and other PMs from me. Paraphrasing is okay. Do not post in the thread or otherwise communicate with anyone regarding this game once you're dead. Do not post in small/hidden text or codes. Do not edit or delete posts. Do not use
indigo
or
red
. Do not claim you are mafia and X is your partner, regardless of whether it's true or not. And do not spoil the game for other people. Infraction of any (or most) of these will result in modkill/replacements. Those modkilled forfeit their win conditions.

Queries
-
Shocking as it seems, I do make mistakes - please point them out if you find them. Mistakes will be corrected where and if possible. Any questions or requests for me may be posted in-thread, bolded and preferably prefixed with
@Mod
. I may miss non-bolded queries. I will reply as soon as possible to the best of my ability (i.e. to whatever extent I feel like). Any question or requests may also be PMed to me, and I will reply similarly. Note however that queries/replies sent in this way may not be quoted in-thread. Don't be scared to ask about anything your puny brain doesn't comprehend, although I can't guarantee answers to setup-related questions.

The Golden Rule
-
"Please remember that this is a game, and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game."
- Vel-Rahn Koon
Last edited by Cruciare on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Important Information

This setup was conceived by a sadistic madman and reviewed by aliens. To make the game somewhat less unfair for the uninformed and minimise any post-game rage directed at me, I have written this guide of what you as the players should know about the setup. Read carefully.

All or most roles are normal, but I may or may not have combined various aspects of various roles into new roles. Improbable combinations may or may not have been used. I am not above anything. The following is an example of a role PM that may or may not exist in this game:

Mafia NeighbourWelcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are a
Mafia Neighbour
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, oh wait, that’s you. Sicily has sent you on a mission to annihilate this pathetic little town, and you have the assistance of two associates:
ALICE
– a Mafia Neighbour, and
BOB
– a Mafia Firefighter. Each night, you may talk amongst yourselves by way of the following QuickTopic. Once per night, one of you may PM me the name of the player you wish to kill, and a nightkill attempt will be made by the one who sent the PM. You are also Neighbours with one of your scumbuddies -
ALICE
, and may talk to him/her at night by way of the following QuickTopic. No, I don't know what the point of that is either. You are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Any and all assumptions made about the setup are not any more likely to be right than they are likely to be wrong. Trying to outguess the setup is futile. The following simulation illustrates a basic example which may or not may have actually occured had I not written this guide:

Lynch or LosePlayer A:
Massclaim. I'm the Cop. I have a guilty on Player B.
Vote: Player B

Player B:
Bullshit! I'm the Cop! Die scum!
Vote: Player A

Player C:
Blah blah blah false indecisiveness blah blah blah.
Vote: Player A

-----
Player A,
Cop
, Lynched, Loses
Player B,
Cop
, Endgamed, Loses
Player C,
Mafia Framer
, Survived, Wins!

Within this game, the number of players in the uninformed minority is three. There is only one uninformed minority. The Town consists of seven to nine players. The number of third party roles will either be zero, one or two. There are no Lynchers, Cults and/or Jesters in this game.

Mafia Win ConditionYou are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Town Win ConditionYou are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

In the Mafia win condition, the word 'Mafia' may or may not be replaced with 'Werewolves' or another faction name. Certain players of any alignment may or may not possess additional win conditions (e.g. Usurpers, Lovers). More than one player has the exact following role PM:

Vanilla TownieWelcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are a
Vanilla Townie
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. You have no night action, but may employ the use of your all-important vote, keyboard and brain (I hope you have one) during the day. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

I've decided to go a little insane with kill flavour in this game. But make no mistake, flavour is not at all indicative of roles or alignments or anything else. Now matter how people die at night, I can assure you that you will not be able to use flavour to distinguish these kills. Example:

Death SceneThe sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. The townspeople wake up one by one and gather to participate in their daily discussions, but after a while it seems that Player A and Player B have yet to arrive. This is odd. The other townspeople decide to see what's going on.

Some of them knock at Player A's front door. No reply. The townspeople slowly turn the handle, hoping that Player A simply forgot to turn on his alarm clock. The door creaks open, and a flood of sunlight illuminates the interior of the house. Player A's sleeping figure is spotted, curled up in his bed as the other townspeople breathe a sigh of relief. Player C goes over to wake him up when a look of horror washes over Player C's face, followed by a high pitched scream. The other townspeople rush up to him, and soon discover themselves similarly horrified. There were stitches all over Player A's body. All his limbs had been switched around, his torso and abdomen were not facing the same way, and his head had been cut diagonally and sewn back together such that his eyes were facing different sides of his head.

But before the townspeople could fully take in what they had just seen, another group of townspeople that had gone to Player B's house comes running out, hands over their mouths looking like they were about to vomit, some of them screaming, some of them crying. Player D asks what's wrong, but it seems they were too shocked to speak. He runs inside against multiple warnings and puts his hand over his own mouth after witnessing the scene. The dining table was dyed with red. Player B's severed head laid atop the table, and whilst the rest of his body could not be seen, piles of something resembling raw mince were served on several plates on the same table. On the once white tablecloth the words were written in blood - 'BON APPETIT'. Player D closes his eyes and runs outside, taking in erratic breaths of the outside air.

The townspeople gather after somehow calming themselves. The situation is worse than they thought. There are demons amongst them. What else could possible have murdered Player A and Player B is such horrible ways? But even so, they resolve to stay strong, and lynch the bastards.

Player A,
Paranoid Gun Owner
, frankenstein'd N1
Player B,
Arsonist
, minced and served N1

(In case you don't get it, the PGO was killed by the Arsonist and the Arsonist was killed by the PGO. The death scene flavour does not match this.)

Lastly, take care to note that the presence or absence of certain roles does not guarantee the presence or absence of any other roles. For example, the presence of a Nurse does not guarantee the presence of a Doctor, nor does it guarantee the absence of any other Nurses.
Last edited by Cruciare on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Roles are sort of possibly being sent out shortly maybe.
Roles are out. The game will begin once everyone has confirmed in-thread.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse has not picked up her role PM. The game will begin with or without her in more or less 26 hours unless I get hit by a bus or something.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Cruciare »

So I almost got hit by a bus, hence the four and a half hour delay. angelmouse still has not picked up her role PM, she has about a day to show signs of not having died in a tragic accident before I start looking for replacements. The game will begin now.

It is now D1. The deadline is set at January 23, 11:30AM GMT/UTC. Refer to countdown timer. Go go go!
(Oh, and I'm from Auckland. =P)

Vote Count

hitogoroshi (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (11)
hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Cyberbob, Flareonage, angelmouse, Col.Cathart, The Tracker, Quagmire, Mindgamer

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse has appeared! Hooray!
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Umm, I know I said that unvoting wasn't required, but please try not to unvote votes that were never there in the first place (Cyberbob, I'm looking at you) or unvote and then vote the same person again (hitogoroshi, I'm looking at you) - it makes me think I counted wrong when I actually haven't. This is my first time modding, don't give me heart attacks guys. =P

By the way sorry if I'm absent for longer-than-ideal periods of time, I won't have too many chances to access the computer this week.

Vote Count

The Tracker (4)
Flareonage, Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (2)
RedCoyote, Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker
Quagmire (1)
hitogoroshi
Hoopla (1)
cruelty

Not Voting (3)
Hoopla, angelmouse, Quagmire

Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (4)
Flareonage, Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker
Quagmire (1)
hitogoroshi
Hoopla (1)
cruelty

Not Voting (4)
RedCoyote, Hoopla, angelmouse, Quagmire

Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (5)
Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8, Flareonage, cruelty
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker
Quagmire (1)
hitogoroshi

Not Voting (4)
RedCoyote, Hoopla, angelmouse, Quagmire

Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (5)
Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8, Flareonage, cruelty
Quagmire (3)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, RedCoyote
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer (1)
The Tracker

Not Voting (2)
angelmouse, Quagmire

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

The Tracker (3)
Col.Cathart, Cyberbob, Nachomamma8
Quagmire (3)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, Flareonage
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Flareonage (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (4)
cruelty, angelmouse, The Tracker, Quagmire

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Cruciare »

AGar replaces Col.Cathart as of one post ago.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse was prodded a while ago. She has *some time* to show up before I start looking for replacements.

Vote Count

Quagmire (4)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, Flareonage, Cyberbob
The Tracker (2)
AGar, Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Flareonage (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (4)
cruelty, angelmouse, The Tracker, Quagmire

Last edited by Cruciare on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Quagmire (5)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, Flareonage, Cyberbob, cruelty
The Tracker (1)
Nachomamma8
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Flareonage (1)
RedCoyote
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire

Not Voting (3)
angelmouse, AGar, The Tracker

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 3 days and 9 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Quagmire (5)
hitogoroshi, Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar
The Tracker (3)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, Flareonage
hitogoroshi (1)
Mindgamer
Flareonage (1)
RedCoyote
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire

Not Voting (1)
The Tracker

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Cruciare »

RedCoyote wrote:Additionally, if Mindgamer doesn't post
today
, I'd ask the
Mod
to be ready to replace. We already have very little time left until the deadline, and given, well, life, people aren't going to always remember their commitments to the game. I hope Mindgamer comes back today ready to go, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
If it comes to that, I would prefer just extending the deadline TBH.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 2 days and 7-8 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Quagmire (4)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar
The Tracker (4)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, Flareonage, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (2)
RedCoyote, The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
1 day and 13 hours
. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Quagmire (5)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage
The Tracker (3)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (2)
RedCoyote, The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
13 hours and 40 minutes
. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Quagmire (6)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage, RedCoyote
The Tracker (3)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (1)
The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Quagmire (7)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage, RedCoyote, hitogoroshi

The Tracker (2)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse
Flareonage (1)
The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With twelve alive, it took seven to guillotine. Quagmire has 'achieved' a majority.

As the day drew to a close, the townspeople had to decide on the unfortunate soul whose head would be unattached from their body. It seems the spotlight soon fell upon a certain man stricken with severe amnesia, not remembering who he was or why he was there. The townspeople did all they could to try restore his memories - from hypnotism to ouija boards - but alas to no avail. Some suggested that they should end this man's suffering by means of euthanasia, and whilst others argued fiercely for his human rights, a consensus was reached that this would be a compassionate and fitting course of action. A certain questionable doctor was known to have arrived in town a while ago, and the townspeople called for him to administer the lethal injection. However, said doctor was nowhere to be found, so the they laid the poor amnesiac under the guillotine and prayed to the heavenly deities for forgiveness before letting the blade drop, followed by an expected splurt of blood and the sound of his head dropping into a basket. The town mourned the poor man's death, whilst secretly hoping that he was actually one of the scumbags who had infiltrated the town. Then with almost comical timing, one of the townspeople came running out of the missing doctor's house with photograph identification in his hand, yelling for the execution to be stopped. Oops.

Quagmire,
CPR Doctor
, guillotined D1

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to 'protect': they will survive an attempt on their life that night if an attempt on their life was indeed made, otherwise they will die (unless something prevents them from dying). You cannot 'protect' yourself.

It is now N1. The deadline is set at January 26, 8:00AM GMT/UTC. All night choices that have not been sent in already must be sent in before this time.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Cruciare »

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town, but contrary to the lovely weather, all is not fine. The townspeople were startled to hear a high pitched shriek that seemed to encore the morning cockerel who had finished his daily call just two seconds earlier. They sprang out of bed still in their pajamas running towards the direction of the disturbace, and a crowd soon formed outside a certain residence isolated from the rest of town. No-one really knew who it was that lived there, but what they did know was that whoever he was, he is now no longer in this world. Apparently one of young women who went to take a stroll in the nearby woods saw the front door hanging open, and found inside a corpse who had had its face completely smashed and disfigured. Blood dripped from the gaping red opening where his face had once been, and not a shred of his facial features remained recognisable. Efforts were made to identify the poor man. On his back was a red jacket, and lying next to him was a red hat which had evidently been blown off his head. A magnifying glass was found in his pocket, and other pieces of equipment found later (up to sophisticated radar tracking systems) pointed towards the man's hobbies of secretly following other people a night. With the discovery of a certain manual in his bookshelf - "Tracking for Dummies" - the identity of this mysterious corpse was starting to become clear. The townspeople opened the bank statements lying on the table to ascertain their suspicions, and there, his name was printed clearly --

Cyberbob,
Tracker
, face smashed N1
(Oh and he was Town by the way!)

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to track: I will reply with either a list of players which your target visited that night or "no result", in which case your target did not visit anyone that night or you were prevented from using your night action.

It is now D2. The deadline is set at February 9, 8:30AM GMT/UTC. Get lynching guys!

Vote Count

Not Voting (10)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Flareonage, angelmouse, AGar, The Tracker, Mindgamer

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8
The Tracker (2)
angelmouse, Mindgamer
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage

Not Voting (4)
RedCoyote, Hoopla, cruelty, The Tracker

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
The Tracker (2)
angelmouse, Mindgamer
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
RedCoyote (1)
Hoopla
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (2)
cruelty, The Tracker

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse has not picked up her prod. Will start looking for replacements tomorrow~ish if she hasn't shown up by then.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
The Tracker (1)
angelmouse
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
angelmouse (1)
Hoopla

Not Voting (3)
cruelty, The Tracker, Mindgamer

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse still has not shown up (or picked up her prod). Search for a replacement began a while ago.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
The Tracker (1)
angelmouse
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
angelmouse (1)
Hoopla

Not Voting (3)
cruelty, The Tracker, Mindgamer

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Cruciare »

EdFrost replaces angelmouse as soon as he posts! And to whoever asked about it, deadline is in about a week.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Mindgamer (4)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8, The Tracker
RedCoyote (2)
cruelty, Hoopla
The Tracker (1)
EdFrost
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (1)
Mindgamer

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 5 days and 7 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (4)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8, The Tracker
RedCoyote (2)
cruelty, Hoopla
The Tracker (1)
EdFrost
hitogoroshi (1)
Flareonage
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (1)
Mindgamer

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Faraday replaces Flareonage as soon as he posts. Nachomamma8 will be absent for a really long time, so he will be replaced as well.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 2 days and 2 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched. I may extend this deadline if I fail to find a replacement for Nachomamma8 in time.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (5)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8, The Tracker, EdFrost
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Cruciare »

horrordude0215 replaces Nachomamma8 as soon as he posts. Deadline is in about 1 day and 23 hours.

EDIT: I just remembered to prod The Tracker. The deadline may extend if he fails to show up as I look for his replacement. I'd prefer not to have someone MIA during night.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is being extended by 3 days as I look for some more replacements, it is now in about 4 days and 5 hours: February 12, 8:30AM GMT/UTC.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (5)
hitogoroshi, AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker, EdFrost
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in -- oh, just check the front page. If there is no majority yada yada yada horseradish etc. If a replacement for The Tracker is not found by deadline, TOO BAD. If a replacement for Nachomamma8 is not found by deadline, Nachomamma8 will probably want to rejoin the game when he comes back from V/LA around that time.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (4)
AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker, EdFrost
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (2)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Also, I just started being really busy recently, so forgive my potential lack of presence in this game.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
22 hours
and a few minutes. If you don't get six votes on one of these guys, NO-ONE will be stoned to death! And who knows, maybe the scum might decide to NOT NIGHTKILL and then you're all one step closer to living happily ever after! Yay?

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (3)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, EdFrost
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Mindgamer (6)
AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker, Faraday, Hoopla, EdFrost

cruelty (2)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi
RedCoyote (1)
cruelty
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With ten alive, it took six to stone to death. Mindgamer has 'achieved' a majority.

The town pondered who it was that deserved to be stoned to death today. Fingers were soon pointed at a certain suspicious-looking man who did some suspicious-looking things yesterday, and most of the townspeople began to throw stones at him. However, just as the he was at the brink of death and begging for mercy, a stray stone thrown by a certain other man with horrible eyesight happened to miss its target completely and instead hit the local grumpy old man. The old man, visibly furious, picked up the stone that just hit him and threw it back at the man with bad eyesight - and all his friends at the rest home soon joined him in this retaliation. Some of the townspeople, at seeing the man with bad eyesight being unfairly assaulted, began to throw stones at the grumpy old man and his rest home buddies, knocking out some of their false teeth. Soon the entire town was engulfed in a hailstorm of stones being thrown in all directions. As the day drew to a close, the town had completely forgotten about the important decision they were supposed to be making, too absorbed with their increasingly feral stone-fight. Seconds before the sun dipped below the horizon, a large rock about the size of a microwave oven flew through the air, its trajectory ending on the unfortunate cranium of the suspicious-looking man who did some suspicious-looking things, killing him instantly. No-one really knew where it came from, but with that event the town remembered that they were supposed to stone him to death anyway, shrugging before going home to sleep.

Mindgamer,
Vanilla Townie
, stoned to death D2

It is now N2. The deadline is set at February 15, 11:00AM GMT/UTC. All night choices that have not been sent in already must be sent in before this time.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Sorry for the extra long N2, it was entirely my fault. Morning scene incoming.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Cruciare »

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. A certain close relative of the amnesiac doctor who lost his head a while ago came to visit the town from somewhere really far away to mourn for his lost loved one. After being shown the way to the doctor's house by some friendly bystanders, he made his way to the front door and tried to turn the door handle. That's odd, it was locked. No-one should've been inside. The relative called to the other townspeople for help, and after a count of three, the door was promptly knocked down by group of them. What they saw inside made even the manliest of men scream like little girls. The unindentified body of a man was hanging by a rope attached to the ceiling of the living room. That was not why they screamed though, for the reason why the man could not be identified was because although it was indeed the figure of a man, his appearance was but a messy bloody lumpy shape of red meat. He had no skin. What came next terrified the townepeople even more - this body's previously lifeless eyes began to shift around, its mouth slowly opening, barely managing to speak the almost inaudible words "
so . . . it was . . . you . . .
" before succumbing to an inevitable eternal slumber. The townspeople ran out in a fit of uncontrollable fear of what they just saw. A quick census soon identified the 'talking corpse' that would be told by parents to scare their children for generations to come.

AGar,
Doc Enabler
, skinned alive N2

You have no night action, but should you cease to live any and all hypothetical Doctors (including Mafia Doctors) will no longer be able to use their night actions for the remainder of the game.

It is now D3. The deadline is set at March 10, 10:00AM GMT/UTC. You have to at least lynch
one
of the scum before you lose!
Nachomamma8 has taken over his old player slot. Still looking for a replacement for The Tracker.

Vote Count

Not Voting (8)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Faraday, EdFrost, The Tracker

With eight alive, it takes five to bury alive.
Last edited by Cruciare on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Cruciare »

Thanks to Snow White who will be replacing The Tracker as soon as she posts! (And thanks to Hoopla for getting her to replace in while I'm sporadically disappearing from MafiaScum. =P)

Vote Count

cruelty (1)
hitogoroshi

Not Voting (7)
RedCoyote, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Faraday, EdFrost, Snow White

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

cruelty (1)
hitogoroshi
RedCoyote (1)
Faraday
Snow White (1)
EdFrost

Not Voting (5)
RedCoyote, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Snow White

Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Snow White (5)
EdFrost, Nachomamma8, hitogoroshi, Faraday, Hoopla

hitogoroshi (1)
cruelty
(I'm making this count out of pity!)

Not Voting (2)
RedCoyote, Snow White

With eight alive, it took five to bury alive. Snow White has 'achieved' a majority.

The town had to take great caution today, for amongst the eight of them still alive, three were PURE EVIL (as clearly printed on a pamphlet labelled 'Important Information' distributed throughout the town before the deaths occured). The town had to lynch these three scum consecutively without error to save their town.

Hoopla, noticing this predicament, suggested that town be sensible with their votes, calling for the revelation of all their identities. But this massclaim proved largely uneventful, thus Faraday had the brilliant idea of trying to trick one of the possible scum. "Snow White should claim, pronto." Some of the town raised their eyebrows, remembering that the player in question already had their apparent role outed D1. Just as one of them was about to point this out, he found his mouth quickly clapped by hitogoroshi's right hand, his left hand motioning him to be quiet. "I'm vanilla" were the words uttered by Snow White in response, followed by a string of eyes opening wide and jaws dropping. EdFrost and Nachomamma8 immediately called Snow White out on her blatant lie, which Snow White quickly retracted while sweating puddles. But it was too late, for hitogoroshi and Faraday had already finished digging a really deep hole, into which EdFrost and Nachomamma8 threw Snow White's body before Hoopla pushed all the dirt back into it with a bulldozer. "Let's be sensible indeed", chuckled Hoopla before the townspeople went to sleep, confident that they had finally defeated one of the elusive scumbags.

That night, RedCoyote was lying comfortably under his blanket, dreaming about sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns when one of the walls of his bedroom suddenly collapsed. RedCoyote jerked out of bed, noticing the sound of something extremely large and mechanical breathing down on him from the open space that usually accomodated a large portrait of his great aunt Gertrude. Looking up, he saw three figures illuminated by the moonlight standing atop a menacing yellow construction vehicle, carrying various weapons, gardening tools and antique Victorian torture equipment. He gulped as he uttered his final words: "Crap".

Snow White,
FBI Agent
, premature burial D3

Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate: I will reply with "found your guy" (if your target is a Serial Killer) or "nope" (if your target is not a Serial Killer).

Nothing can prevent the elimination of all members of the Town, none of the Mafia are dead and there is no longer any way for members of the Mafia to die -- the Mafia have satisfied their win condition! The Town loses horribly!

• RedCoyote,
    Vanilla Townie
    , heart carved out
    Nachomamma8,
    Vanilla Townie
    , head split in half
    cruelty,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stomach ripped open
    EdFrost,
    Firefighter
    , shredded into pieces

hitogoroshi,
    Mafia Goon
    , survived
    Hoopla,
    Mafia Goon
    , survived
    Faraday,
    Mafia Watcher
    , survived

The winners are hitogoroshi, Hoopla and Faraday! Congratulations! Thanks for playing in Nice'n'Fun Mafia. Setup, role PMs, night actions, comments and stuff like that coming eventually. Feel free to gloat or rage in the meantime!

"
That's it, man! Game over, man! Game over!
" - Private Hudson
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by Cruciare »

The Setup
Mafia Goons
(hitogoroshi, Hoopla)
Mafia Watcher
(Faraday)
CPR Doctor
(Quagmire)
Doc Enabler
(AGar)
Tracker
(Cyberbob)
FBI Agent
(Snow White)
Firefighter
(EdFrost)
Vanilla Townies
(RedCoyote, Nachomamma8, cruelty, Mindgamer)

Template Role PMs
Welcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are a
Vanilla Townie
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. You have no night action, but may employ the use of your all-important vote, keyboard and brain (I hope you have one) during the day. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

CPR Doctor
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to 'protect': they will survive an attempt on their life that night if an attempt on their life was indeed made, otherwise they will die (unless something prevents them from dying). You cannot 'protect' yourself. For the purposes of Backups/Enablers, your role counts as a Doctor, i.e. if you die a Nurse may take your place and/or if a Doc Enabler dies you may lose your night action. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

Doc Enabler
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. You have no night action, but should you cease to live any and all hypothetical Doctors (including Mafia Doctors) will no longer be able to use their night actions for the remainder of the game. This does not guarantee the presence of a Doctor in this game. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

Tracker
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to track: I will reply with either a list of players which your target visited that night or "no result", in which case your target did not visit anyone that night or you were prevented from using your night action. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

Welcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are an
FBI Agent
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate: I will reply with "found your guy" (if your target is a Serial Killer) or "nope" (if your target is not a Serial Killer). A Serial Killer is defined as someone who wins when they are the only living player in the game (or nothing can prevent this). This does not guarantee the presence of a Serial Killer in this game. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

Firefighter
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. Once per night, you may PM me the name of the player you wish to fire your water hose at: they will survive all attempts on their life made by any Arsonists that night. An Arsonist is defined as someone whose role name contains the word "Arsonist". You cannot prevent kills by any other roles, nor can you fire your water hose at yourself. This does not guarantee the presence of an Arsonist in this game. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

Mafia Goon
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, oh wait, that’s you. Sicily has sent you on a mission to annihilate this pathetic little town, and you have the assistance of two associates:
ALICE
– a Mafia Goon, and
BOB
– a Mafia Watcher. Each night, you may talk amongst yourselves by way of the following QuickTopic. Once per night, one of you may PM me the name of the player you wish to kill, and a nightkill attempt will be made by the one who sent the PM. You are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Mafia Watcher
ALICE
and
BOB
– both Mafia Goons. Each night, you may talk amongst yourselves by way of the following QuickTopic. Once per night, one of you may PM me the name of the player you wish to kill, and a nightkill attempt will be made by the one who sent the PM. If you are not the one sending in the kill for a night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to watch: I will reply with either a list of players which visited your target that night or "no result" - in which case no-one visited your target that night or you were prevented from using your night action. You are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Night Actions
N1
hitogoroshi
kills
Cyberbob

N1
Cyberbob
tracks
Nachomamma8
(No Result)

N1
Flareonage
watches
The Tracker
(No Result)

N1
angelmouse
protects
Mindgamer

N1
The Tracker
investigates
Mindgamer
(Negative)

N2
hitogoroshi
kills
AGar

N2
Faraday
watches
RedCoyote
(No Result)

N2
EdFrost
protects
Hoopla

So let me just explain the madness behind the setup. Everything revolved around the CPR Doctor. I thought it would be funny to have a Doctor going around killing people, with the Doc Enabler entirely clueless that the person he's enabling is actually not a Doctor in the traditional sense. The Tracker was just a balancing power role. The Watcher was intially on the Town side, but Vi recommended that I switch it to the Mafia side. The FBI Agent and Firefighter served not only to give the illusion of an SK (when it's actually a Doctor), but also messes with the Tracker and Watcher by pointlessly wandering around at night. Whilst these two do give the impression of confusion and/or distraction, once the Town starts figuring out what's really going on the claims can be used to sort of confirm the FBI Agent, the Firefighter, the CPR Doctor and maybe even the Doc Enabler (because it's not likely that there is actually an SK with the existence of both an FBI Agent and a Firefighter, and these two are pretty strange roles for scum to claim). Well anyway, all that went down the drain when the CPR Doctor got lynched D1, but it was pretty entertaining nonetheless. I thought the balance was okay (input on this would be nice), but the Town just got really unlucky by getting both of its useful power roles killed by N1, which normally should happen once in a really long time.

The Quagmire lynch D1 was hilarious to watch, I mean the most important role in the setup is refusing to read his role and getting lynched for it while still refusing to read his role (Quagmire still hasn't read his PM even now). Strategically, I think it was quite a terrible lynch TBH. Reading Hoopla's reasoning for wanting to kill Cyberbob in the scum QT was pretty hilarious too. Some choice comments by Hoopla: "I have a hunch that the town has a tracker to match the watcher", "I have breadcrumbed that my miller claim is fake, and it was a gambit to survive the night as I am a powerful town role", "I personally want Cyberbob dead, because he knows my scum game intimately ... I think he is the likeliest to disbelieve my gambit". The Town started going in a completely wrong direction from there, with none of the three leading wagons D2 being on scum. The scum were careful not to be too suspicious (Hoopla played extremely well), but part of the reason why the Town was severely lost was because they followed minor leads and inflated them into huge bandwagons. Honestly, I couldn't even really deduce what the Mindgamer, cruelty and RC wagons were about at some point. Sometime during D2 I concluded that the Town had no chance of winning - even if they managed to lynch one or two or the scum, there was no way they could've lynched all of them.

Now about my executive decisions as a mod. Quagmire - I consciously allowed him into the game knowing that he wouldn't read his role PM. I hadn't forbidden it in the rules (and I wasn't going to alter the rules just to kick Quagmire out), so it was a viable strategy IMO. Also, I'm always open to having interesting players like him join my game. EdFrost as well, I wanted to see a hydra in play and how everyone would react to it. I think the philosophy behind hydras is pretty interesting, after all it's the same role and alignment yet people still find them hard to read. Maybe studying hydras can provide the answer to why townies lynch each other. I also consciously let slip that Vi reviewed the setup, my intention here was to make it hard for scum to fakeclaim Cop without someone raising an eyebrow. Hoopla being cleared because of it was an unintended side effect. The exact number of scum was written in the 'Important Information' post, though no-one seems to have read that part for some reason. The basic purpose of that post was to warn the Town to throw all their usual assumptions out the window, but there were several other underlying purposes that I'm too tired to go into here (see the part where I used Mafia Firefighter as an example, that was meant to warn the Town that pretty much all roles can have a Mafia counterpart i.e. the Mafia Watcher).

All in all, I had hoped that the game would go on for a bit longer (hence my comment at the start of D3), but the CPR Doctor dying right away already took the twist out of the setup so my expectations weren't much anyway. Still, thanks for playing! Comments/criticisms?
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”