Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 197- Lunch is over...

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Open 197- True Love Mafia

Foodfight? Foodfight!

You’re sitting at the lunch tables, in orderly rows. You are eating lunch. Everything is calm and organized. It’s just another day of school…

But then one of you gets up, and throws a tomato into the air. Then another one throws a sandwich. Now what? There is food flying, and confusion reigns. No one can tell friend from foe. You just want to end this mess. But how?

I get up, and explain. “You may push players out of the lunchroom. But when one of you is pushed out, another will go with him. You want to eliminate the bullies, to regain your order. Have fun.” I sit down on a bench at the side of the lunchroom, ready to watch the cruel game. And then the confusion resumes like a buzzing fly.

Those who are still here:

Phaen
replaces gameplayah

Those who are no longer:

animorpherv1- Townie Lover, Lynched D1
CSL
replaces clayman
- Townie Lover, Committed Suicide D1

Snakenstein- Mafia Lover, Lynched D2

Max- Townie Lover, Committed Suicide D2
Sanhora- Townie Lover, Lynched D3
farside22- Townie Lover, Committed Suicide D3
kunkstar7- Townie Lover, Endgamed D3

The setup is:

6 Townie Lovers
2 Mafia Lovers

The configuration is:

Townie-Townie
Townie-Townie
Mafia-Townie
Mafia-Townie

Townie Lover Role PM:
Town Lover Role RM wrote: Hello XXX, you are a Townie Lover.

Your Lover is YYY. You do not know his/her alignment. You may speak with him/her at any time here. When one of you is killed or lynched, the other will die immediately afterwards. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Mafia Lover Role PM:
Mafia Lover Role PM wrote:Hello XXX, you are a Mafia Lover.

Your Lover is YYY, and he/she is town. You may speak with him/her at any time here. When one of you is killed or lynched, the other will die immediately afterwards.

The other member of you Mafia Team is ZZZ, who is also a Mafia Lover. You may speak with him/her at any time here. You win when you represent 50% of the players alive in this game, or nothing can stop the same.
Last edited by Pomegranate on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Ruleset:

Please read the rules. It’s your responsibility, not mine.

Game Ruleset stolen from Plum, but modified slightly.

[01] VOTING METHOD: Votes must be in bold. For example:
'Vote: Pomegranate'
is a valid vote; 'Vote: Pomegranate' is not. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. I will count votes that use nicknames, but I must be able to tell whom it is referring to; if I can’t tell, it’s not a vote. Unvotes are appreciated, but not required.

1a. If I think it's a vote, it counts as one until you clarify your intentions.

[02] LYNCH: Lynching will require more than half as many votes as there are players alive (50% +1); at the beginning of each day, and with every votecount, the number of votes required to achieve a lynch that day will be clearly indicated. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any Unvotes will not count.

[03] NO LYNCH: No Lynch requires the same number of votes as a regular lynch.

[04] DEADLINE: Day 1 will have a three week deadline. Every day thereafter will have a two week deadline.

4a. I will extend deadlines according to my own discretion, taking into account quantity of activity in the thread, replacements, V/LAs, and player requests.

[05] DEADLINE LYNCH RULES: If at deadline no player has a majority of votes, a No Lynch will occur.

[06] RULE SIX: NIGHT ACTIONS:
Nightkills will be expected within 72 hours of the end of the day; at the end of any given Day I will clearly indicate the exact deadline. Any actions submitted after the deadline will be disregarded. If no kill is sent in, then No Action will occur. The first PM I receive stating the kill will be final- you may not PM me later, even before deadline, with another choice.

This game is nightless. The mafia do not have a kill.

[07] LURKING AND NOT POSTING: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without stating V/LA prior to the absence, will be prodded. If the prodded player does not post within 48 hours of the prod being sent, I will search for a replacement. If the player shows up while I am searching for his replacement, he will not be replaced, but if he shows after a replacement is found, well too bad on him.

7a. I plan on persistence in the case of a replacement search, and will be willing to extend Day length to accommodate, if need be. In the case of a
truly untenable situation
, I will consider Modkills as a solution.

[08] OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION: The game is to be discussed outside the thread only in the quicktopic(s) linked to in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.

8a. Talking about ongoing games is against site rules and against my rules.

8b. Any and all quicktopics will be made public after the conclusion of the game. This is your fair warning. Please be civil in your quicktopics as you are in the gamethread.

[09] AFTER DEATH POSTING: One ‘Bah’ post is allowed after death, as long as it does not reveal any information relevant to the game.

9a. Twilight posting by any and all players is fine.

[10] TOO CLEVER BY HALF RULE: No small or hidden text or obscure codes. Don’t edit or delete previously submitted post.

[11] VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS? If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in this game thread and/or by PM. I recommend both. All V/LAs will be announced publicly by the Mod, but both/either are acceptable as circumstances allow. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12] FALLIBILITY CLAUSE: Unlike other mods, I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, please correct me- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13] QUESTIONS: If you have any questions at all, especially questions about whether or not you would be allowed to do something, please PM me. Please also refrain from posting any questions aside from those concerning possibly mistaken votecounts in the thread and PM me instead (in the cases of possibly mistaken votecounts, it is recommended that you PM me as well; it's just not required that you keep those questions for the Mod to PM alone).

[14] FUN: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[15] CHROMA RULE: I've reserved the color
Indigo
for any purposes I might choose. Don't use it, please.

[16] MODKILLING: I reserve the right to modkill you for breaking any of the above rules or not, as I choose. I also reserve the right to modkill you for breaking any site rules or for anything I deem deserves a modkill; I'll be reasonable, but if you think something may be questionable, please ask me by PM first. If you are modkilled, you lose automatically, even if your original win condition is eventually reached.

16a.
Never
speculate about whether the actions of a player in the game may or may not get him modkilled by me, as I prefer this have as little impact on the game as possible.
Please
PM me any concerns you have that anything going on in the game has broken a rule. Failure to abide by this rule is also a potentially modkillable offense.

Have Fun!
Last edited by Pomegranate on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
clayman
clayman
Townie
clayman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by clayman »

Confirmed
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

/confirmado. These games must begin.
Welcome to the Network.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Sanhora »

Foodfight!
"I'm on the side of money."
Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Snakenstein »

Confirmed. Me loves a good food fight. I'm a luvva
and
a fighta.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

/confirm

FOODFIGHT!!!!!
*Throws food at Max*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Max »

/confirm

Oh like that is it farside? Trying to distance yourself from my lover are we? Hmmmm... yes you are.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

*throws food at Max*
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
gameplayah
gameplayah
Townie
gameplayah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am

Post by gameplayah »

/confirm
Another site with Mafia Games:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Beginning of Day One

Now that all eight players have confirmed, D1 begins.

Votecount:

kunkstar7 (0)
clayman (0)
Max (0)
farside22 (0)
animorpherv1 (0)
Sanhora (0)
gameplayah (0)
Snakenstein (0)

Not Voting: kunkstar7, clayman, Max, farside22, animorpherv1, Sanhora, gameplayah, Snakenstein

It takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline is February 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM EST.
Last edited by Pomegranate on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: morph

How dare you copy me!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
gameplayah
gameplayah
Townie
gameplayah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by gameplayah »

That was awfully random.
Vote: farside
Another site with Mafia Games:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

vote: gameplayah
for posting above me
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Vote: animorpherv1
for winning.
Welcome to the Network.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Sanhora »

Vote Gameplayah
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

This is my first game with lover pairs. My main question at this point is:

Is it ideal for the pairs to be established, or is it better to keep the pairs secret?
Welcome to the Network.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Sanhora »

I say to keep them secret.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't see why we should keep it a secret. People will wonder why others are defending each other and instead of saying OMG you are scum together we should establish pairs.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Max »

farside22 wrote:I don't see why we should keep it a secret. People will wonder why others are defending each other and instead of saying OMG you are scum together we should establish pairs.
This; also, scum will have already exchanged this info if they have half a brain.

My lover is Snakenstein... and apparently he likes it rough... THIS IS FUN. Share all your relationship issues now:

Crying Girl: [Crying] I wish we were all happy like we used to be in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake full of rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.
Damian: She doesn't even go here!
Ms. Norbury: Do you even go this school?
Girl: No...I just have a lot of feelings...
Ms. Norbury: Okay....go home

Thought it was fitting to the moment.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Sanhora »

Max wrote:
farside22 wrote:I don't see why we should keep it a secret. People will wonder why others are defending each other and instead of saying OMG you are scum together we should establish pairs.
This; also, scum will have already exchanged this info if they have half a brain.
This is my reason why I want to stay it secret. With every pair on the table, the scum know the complete set-up.
And I'm pretty sure that if the pairs would be secret, everyone would think of the possibility that defending could be, because they are lovers.

Pairs will be revealed eventually. The first page isn't the time to reveal them all.
Snakenstein
Snakenstein
Townie
Snakenstein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Snakenstein »

Max wrote:

My lover is Snakenstein... and apparently he likes it rough... THIS IS FUN. Share all your relationship issues now:
You b1tch. How dare you reveal my secrets ... and in the cafeteria, no less ... where people are eating ... and throwing food ... and using vegetables for ... well its no secret that
they
are lovers.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Sanhora wrote:
Max wrote:
This is my reason why I want to stay it secret. With every pair on the table, the scum know the complete set-up.
And I'm pretty sure that if the pairs would be secret, everyone would think of the possibility that defending could be, because they are lovers.

Pairs will be revealed eventually. The first page isn't the time to reveal them all.
This doesn't make any sense. Why should the scum be informed but not the town.

For the record this is my lover here.
Sanhora is a quite lover.
All puns intended
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Max »

Last game I started I enjoyed the following Q&A technique substantially so. Now that I have revealed my partner it is too late for myself to take it back.

Therefore:

kunkstar7, why did you take the back seat on your own question? You didn't make any statement regarding it?
clayman, would you consider it a scumtell to reveal your partner?
farside22, would you be willing to lynch your partner today?
animorpherv1, when would you consider it appropriate to reveal partners?
Sanhora, what do you have against revealing pairs?
gameplayah, if scum has information the town does not would you consider making all information open?
Snakenstein, do you think scum might kill their own partner when necessary?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Max »

You b1tch. How dare you reveal my secrets ... and in the cafeteria, no less ... where people are eating ... and throwing food ... and using vegetables for ... well its no secret that they are lovers.
Whore... you keep your vote open for everyone, you should make a commitment. Unless we're in an open relationship in which case it's fine.

Return to “Completed Open Games”