Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Porkens Post 130 wrote:Sotty's reaction and flailing onto people on his wagon makes me feel comfortable with the vote above.
What flailing? I have reasons for my vote outside any OMGUS ones you might think I have. They are clear in the thread.

I know that talking teams this early isn't a done thing and I am willing to admit to that. But I have said I'm not sold on Spy being scum, Serial is much scummier to me at this point hence my vote.
Juls Post 126 wrote:@VP, the reason I believe double-vote would be more likely to be scum is that it could be used to save a buddy from getting lynched. If there were a tie and both town and scum were going to be lynched, a mafia could double vote under the guise of suspicion on another player instead of it being a direct save of their buddy.
Eh. The same logic could be applied to a townie using their double vote to stop a town lynch. I also think that there is probably more than one person with a double vote here that's why I'm not saying Spy instant town. I don't think proves anything about him other than he has a double vote.
Serial Post 146 wrote:But all in all it's just 4 pages in getting the ball rolling play. I didn't really get to divine much about Porkens because Sotty's question really stood out to me. Her OMGUS-y reply labelling her two voters as scum due to a bizarre protect-and-switch play at all of L-9 was only confirmation that my vote was where it needed to be.
My vote isn't OMGUS.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

:arrow:
Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
BloodCovenent

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

--At Intensity κ, it will take 10 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Tuesday, February 2, 2010...
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Jazzmyn, I believe you when you say it's sometimes hard to get started, but so far you've mostly just wondered about the setup and roles. What are your thoughts about people and cases right now? Do you agree or disagree anywhere? Anything noone else has considered yet?

SerialClergyman wrote:firstly he was scummy due to his lack of scumhunting intent
His lack of scumhunting intent? Did that come across in the post where he voted Spyrex, or somewhere else? How did the intent not look real?

Juls wrote:the reason I believe double-vote would be more likely to be scum is that it could be used to save a buddy from getting lynched.
I think our VI (village intellectual) mod made a few roles that could help scumbuddies in that scenario. Condemn could take a player and his vote off scum; Luxomancy stops the purge entirely. I could see these roles as town or scum.

Both zoraster and BloodCovenent have been disingenuous so far:
BloodCovenent wrote:I've gotta go to dinner, but i should be back up reading more later.
That was four days ago. Dinner doesn't last four days. Where are you?
zoraster wrote:I'm excited to play in this game.
This was over a week ago. Unless he was excited about playing the lurker, he needs to come in and explain himself.

Mod: Can you prod BloodCovenent and zoraster?

Consider it done. ~Vi
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Players, i have to sincerely apologize. I have been completely uninterested in mafia for the past two weeks and cannot seem to get myself around to playing ANY games, even the beginning ones, or the others that are closer to deadline. Mod, i am very sorry, i hate having to replace out, but i just don't think that i am able to finish this. Maybe some time in the summer i will be able to play again.

Again, i am sorry to the players, and the moderators for me having to do this. I never expected to do it, and i'm sorry. Good luck everyone else!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Vi »

Replacing BloodCovenent. Please hold...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:
zoraster wrote: I'm excited to play in this game.
This was over a week ago. Unless he was excited about playing the lurker, he needs to come in and explain himself.
How about a vote then?

^This goes for everyone else. I'm pretty certain zoraster is intentionally lurking and should be greeted upon his return with a hearty wagon.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 am

Post by zoraster »

Sorry, guys. I'll be in to read the game and start participating. Busy-ness and the site being horrible made it hard to keep up with my modded games much less played ones. It seems better now, so I should be able to contribute in a much better way. Expect a post by the end of the day or you have my permission (like you need it) to call me names.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

VP Baltar wrote:
Jahudo wrote:
zoraster wrote: I'm excited to play in this game.
How about a vote then?

^This goes for everyone else. I'm pretty certain zoraster is intentionally lurking and should be greeted upon his return with a hearty wagon.
What makes you certain zoraster is intentionally lurking as of your post.
zoraster wrote:Sorry, guys. I'll be in to read the game and start participating. Busy-ness and the site being horrible made it hard to keep up with my modded games much less played ones. It seems better now, so I should be able to contribute in a much better way. Expect a post by the end of the day or you have my permission (like you need it) to call me names.
As if on cue. Now it really does look like you're intentionally lurking. You don't post for a week, but miraculously show up as soon as you're suspected for lurking? suspicious...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Rhinox-because I know for a fact that he was posting elsewhere on site.
YOUR AD HERE

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

To be quasi-fair it WAS in response to a prod as per the mod.

That doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't cry if we double string them up.

All in all I'd like to see some more chatter before the purge number starts driving US versus the other way around.

While I am pro-Jah's lurker callout in general I get that itchy feeling since it was laid out as more than a simple callout but didn't have its buddy a vote attached. Which, unless I'm missing something, is still sitting on a random.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Vi »

Incantation:

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

zoraster (P-7)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar

Porkens (P-9)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-9)
~
Juls

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
Nachomamma8 (BloodCovenent)

SerialClergyman (P-9)
~
Sotty7

-Nachomamma8 replaces BloodCovenent. Please welcome him!

--At Intensity κ, it will take 10 Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Tuesday, February 2, 2010...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sotty; you seemed to be putting pressure on 2 people that got onto your wagon. That's the flailing I mentioned.

Ok, ok, ok, thought, at least Sotty is active.

I propose a masslynch of the promised re-reads.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Jahudo wrote:Did you know BloodCovenent was in this game too? It's hard to see his color in tigers tho.

But why unvote him now and switch to another lurker?
A couple reasons. One, that was Troll's RVS vote, and RVS votes can be misconstrued. Two, that vote was doing absolutely nothing where it was, while I had a feeling the move would draw attention and thus be more productive.

As it has.

Jazz, who's scum?
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Jahudo wrote:What are your thoughts about people and cases right now? Do you agree or disagree anywhere? Anything noone else has considered yet?
I do not yet have any really solid bases for great suspicion so far, but I also don't expect to get any really solid bases for great suspicion on Day 1. That said, I'm getting bad vibes from zoraster, BloodCovenent, and Mighty Orbots, but it's nearly all based on "gut" rather than on substantive evidence. I'm also suspicious of those on the Sotty wagon because I just don't see any legitimate cause for it. Her posts have not been scummy and her wagon looks contrived to me.

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

EBWOP: I hadn't seen BloodCovenent's last post when I posted my last post, so I might have to reconsider him.

Regards,
Jazz
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Juls »

Just an FYI that I will likely not be posting until Wednesday. In general, Monday's and Tuesday's are late nights for me with school. I will be adding this to my signature ASAP.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Yes it was more than a callout, Spyrex. I wanted to ask them why they weren't posting, since it would affect how I treated their inactivity and if I would vote. Since there was 2 of them and I have only 1 vote, I couldn't pressure them equally through voting.

Blood's excuse sounds legit. Welcome aboard Nachomamma.

zoraster the otter's excuse sounds less legit. He could have left it at "I've been busy", but that comment about the site being slow seems excessive. That means he's on the site a little, and it wouldn't be hard to post here and say he's V/LA like Juls keeps doing.

@VP: Where's the evidence that zoraster is posting elsewhere? Besides modding, since that would take priority. I can't find it in Google search.

Incant: zoraster
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:@VP: Where's the evidence that zoraster is posting elsewhere? Besides modding, since that would take priority. I can't find it in Google search.
It's an ongoing game that I'm dead in. Though he stopped after I first brought it up.
Jazzmyn wrote:That said, I'm getting bad vibes from zoraster, BloodCovenent, and Mighty Orbots, but it's nearly all based on "gut" rather than on substantive evidence.
I don't like this at all. Jazz is implying that these people have done something to have pinged her scumdar (at least on an intuitive level), when in actuality they have done almost nothing at all either way. I don't mind calling out lurking as scummy (because it is), but I feel Jazz is implying more than that here.

I agree with Jahudo about zor making excessive excuses. I don't even think the site has been that annoying as of late (at least not as much as it was before mith made his corrections).
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Slight clarification: Jahudo, I was playing in that ongoing game under the hydra account Merkabah.
YOUR AD HERE

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:46 am

Post by zoraster »

Okay. I've caught up. My sincere apologies for letting this game languish for this long. It's actually been quite an interesting read:

Game Theory Stuff:
1. Mass Lynch is wrong. It's asking to get schooled by even the least of Mafia coordination. In addition, if we hadn't 100% cleared a townie, we risk -- even without coordination -- the mafia winning.
2. Multiple lynches may well be something we should save until later in the game. The reason I say this is that scum will have a lot of power in a multiple lynch scenario. They'll be able to drive at least one of the lynches into the ground or, if we're wrong, simply ride along in both (or all three) lynches without detection. Or, if they want, they can bus someone to great effect.

Regarding me:
1. My appearance wasn't so coincidental as I was prodded shortly before my annoying "i'll catch up later" post.
2. I may have been posting elsewhere, but as I indicated this was mostly to mod (which has to take first priority). There was another game I was posting in, but as it's ongoing, all I can say is that you might want to look at that game to realize why.

Now for the "good" stuff:
1. SpyreX is town for now. He may claim he'd do this as scum, but I don't buy it. Also, odds are high in this setup for a single double voter to be town. If we've got another double voter out there, we may have to reevaluate.
2. Juls is either playing the confused townie or actually is one. I haven't decided yet.
3. Sotty7 is feeling town more than scum to me right now.
4. SerialC comes across as scummy to me, but right now it's a visceral reaction.
5. Porkens is feeling a bit off to me.
6. The Hydra (Mighty Orbots) is scummy. A few long posts, but little in the way of content. Yes, he's tried to get some lurkers active, but other than that the content of his posts is almost all "I'm a hydra" related and some generic questions that don't take a stand on anyone. Active enough to escape notice for lurking, inactive enough to escape notice for anything else. Mighty Orbots is the scum.

unincant. Incant: Mighty Orbots
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Porkens Post 161 wrote:Sotty; you seemed to be putting pressure on 2 people that got onto your wagon. That's the flailing I mentioned.

Ok, ok, ok, thought, at least Sotty is active.

I propose a masslynch of the promised re-reads.
It shouldn't matter if I am active or not. If I'm scummy, I'm scummy right?

I wouldn't argue against a MO wagon at this point. I think the reaction to Spy's double vote on me was fishy. He just asked why me and yet didn't give any opinions of the action itself. Felt like he was waiting to see how others reacted.

Spy, what reactions do you note from your double vote on me? I asked this earlier but I don't think you answered it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Jahudo wrote: Welcome aboard Nachomamma.
Aww, thanks :D. At least SOMEONE noticed I was here.

That being said,
Unincant, Incant: zoraster

I wasn't happy with the good stuff, sorry. That was so lazy you might've just kept the stuff on the hydra and got rid of everything else. 2-5 doesn't really tell me anything, mind explaining some of those just a tiny bit?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Juls »

I am extremely sorry but I am just too busy this semester to play mafia.
@mod:
I need to replace out. I really wish I didn't have to but, unfortunately, it's necessary.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Vi »

The vague ripples of apparitions could be felt in the fabric of the room's being...
It's unclear whether those had to do with the growing, consuming power in the center of the room, or anything going on aside... In the expanse of the darkness, it mattered not.

---

Incantation:

zoraster (P-4)
~
Jazzmyn
, Mighty Orbots,
VP Baltar
Jahudo
Nachomamma8

Sotty7 (P-5)
~
zoraster,
SerialClergyman
SpyreX
-INCANT-
Porkens

Porkens (P-8)
~
Rhinox

SpyreX (P-8)
~
Herodotus (Juls)

SerialClergyman (P-8)
~
Sotty7

Mighty Orbots (P-8) ~
zoraster

VP Baltar (P-9)
~
Jahudo

Jazzmyn (P-9)
~
Nachomamma8

-Herodotus replaces Juls. Welcome him!

--At Intensity ι, it will take
Incants to Purge...
--The Intensity will increase on Friday, February 5, 2010...
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

y halo thar zoraster.
zoraster wrote:Now for the "good" stuff:
I like how you put it in quotes. XD
zoraster wrote: 1. SpyreX is town for now. He may claim he'd do this as scum, but I don't buy it. Also, odds are high in this setup for a single double voter to be town. If we've got another double voter out there, we may have to reevaluate.
2. Juls is either playing the confused townie or actually is one. I haven't decided yet.
3. Sotty7 is feeling town more than scum to me right now.
4. SerialC comes across as scummy to me, but right now it's a visceral reaction.
5. Porkens is feeling a bit off to me.
I mean, there's fluff, and there's this.
zoraster wrote: 6. The Hydra (Mighty Orbots) is scummy. A few long posts, but little in the way of content. Yes, he's tried to get some lurkers active, but other than that the content of his posts is almost all "I'm a hydra" related and some generic questions that don't take a stand on anyone. Active enough to escape notice for lurking, inactive enough to escape notice for anything else. Mighty Orbots is the scum.
So, um, lawl.

1. I guess it's also a coincidence that you're attacking the one who started your wagon.
2. I also guess we were supposed to ignore the questions people were asking us about how the hydra was going to work.
3. I also also guess I'm not taking a stand on anyone by advocating for your wagon.

We're hemorrhaging players. :(
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”