Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Well, I just want more from him. I'm not sure about how I feel about ortolan at this point; the protown confidence I knew and loved is starting to decline, and I need to figure out if it's because he's getting lazy or if he's trying to hide.

Some of his reads seem to be changing too easily and without reason for my taste (like his reads on Yos and Howard), and I haven't really been satisfied by his reasons why... Plus, I just get uneasy when people simply disappear.

Speaking of which, where is Howard?? I know he was talking about site issues, but he is the #1 shot right now, so it'd be nice if he was here to give any final thoughts...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

(Apologies for unexpected LA.)

@Yosarian2: While I can follow most of your thought process, there still is to wiggle room for Nachomamma8 scum to be shot and you to avoid solid linkage. Scum posts can make sense to a townie and will almost always make sense to a scum teammate.

@Nachomamma8: I can't point you to a game where I pegged scum on a single tell. This one was just too obvious after all the game mechanics discussion. Also, there'd be no final thoughts before some took a shot at me; I'd have the next day bearing the gun to share.

@ortolan: Please explain your interpretation of Yosarian's post; I'm not following you.

My concern here is that Yosarian2 is scum, either partnered with or fooling Xylthixm. The latter being more frightening because I haven't seen a good link to anyone else.
@Xylthixlm: In your experience with Yosarian2, how easily do you find his scum partners?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 am

Post by ortolan »

Nacho wrote:and I need to figure out if it's because he's getting lazy
I pretty much always get lazy halfway (or earlier) through games, due to unexpected busyness or just bad attention span.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 am

Post by ortolan »

Howard wrote:My concern here is that Yosarian2 is scum, either partnered with or fooling Xylthixm. The latter being more frightening because I haven't seen a good link to anyone else.
@Xylthixlm: In your experience with Yosarian2, how easily do you find his scum partners?
Howard is also doing a good impression of a townie. I should really take another look at Nacho.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

HowardRoark wrote: @Yosarian2: While I can follow most of your thought process, there still is to wiggle room for Nachomamma8 scum to be shot and you to avoid solid linkage.
That's not actually an argument against me, you know. DO you disagree with me on Nacho being probably town? Can you actually point to anything I've said that you think I would be more likely to say as scum then as town? Because it looks to me like you're trapped scum here, desperatly trying to get someone else shot.

You also never explained exactly why, when Ort expressed suspicion on me yesterday, you and Mae suddenly claimed to find me suspicious. I agree with Nacho, that really looks like scum opportunism on both of your parts.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

Maemuki & Xylthixlm have been prodded.

The
deadline
is Friday 12th February, 22:00 UTC, which is 10 days, 16 hours and 45 minutes from this post.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Considering the activity level here, I see no point in waiting until deadline to pull the trigger. I'll be taking a shot in the next day, so I'd like to see final comments before I do so.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Yosarian2: I could have easily just stayed with a top pick like Maemuki. Instead, I went back and looked over the D3 and D4 events. It had nothing to do with ortolan. That review pointed me to you and Nachomamma8. My read on Nachomamma8 is slightly scummy. Remember that he replaced DraketheFake/rewq455 whom you had in your scum list for a while without much comment or interaction. When Nachomamma8 replaced into the game, you had an exchange with him for attacking Xylthixlm, but have since written him off as town. Translation: a good distancing move. It all started to come together after my re-read. You completely ignored my Sarag reveal. He was in your scum list at the time, but you didn't pressure him about it. I don't know if you would have said something as scum but not as town, I'm not much of a meta guy, and that isn't a black-and-white scenario.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

HowardRoark wrote:@Yosarian2: I could have easily just stayed with a top pick like Maemuki.
Considering that I think the most likely scum pair right now is you and Mae, that dosn't fill me with a lot of confidence, Howard.
My read on Nachomamma8 is slightly scummy. Remember that he replaced DraketheFake/rewq455 whom you had in your scum list for a while without much comment or interaction. When Nachomamma8 replaced into the game, you had an exchange with him for attacking Xylthixlm, but have since written him off as town. Translation: a good distancing move.
Oh, please. That's lame. Anytime anyone attacks anyone or defends anyone, or does any combination of the two, you can call it "defending a scum buddy" or "distancing from a scum buddy" or "bussing". It's especially lame, and smacks of desperation honestly, when you do that while not actually making a case for either person being scummy.

If you want to actually make a case based on that, you have to either explain how there was anything wrong with my early-game suspicion on Drake, or with my questioning of Nacho, or me changing my mind about him afterwards. Of course, I'm pretty sure you can't do that, since I think my thought process there would be clear to anyone reading my posts, but I'll be glad to answer any questions.
It all started to come together after my re-read. You completely ignored my Sarag reveal.
Your Sarag scumtell sounded fake to me. It really soudned like a streach, especally considering how certain you seemed to be based on that. Now, I've figured Sarag was scum since pretty early day 1, so I certanly wasn't going to defend him there, but I never bought your attack on him.

Of course, now that I know you were almost certainly scum with him, I know why your attack against him seemed off.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:39 am

Post by Maemuki »

...ok, Yos, sorry I was lying. You're not my top pick. I was a...bit...*coughalotcough* clouded by OMGUS. Sorry, I have to stop doing that. Anyway. I would be happy with a HR shot. Since I'm probrably going to be shot today - I'm going to have to ask you something. Who is most likely HR's scumbuddy?

Ohh, Nacho. His turnaround on Xyl made me raise my eyebrow...but his attacks on Sarag and Almaster made me lower it. I....do not know what to make of that.

More when I get home. HH, please don't shoot until then.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Xyl - why shouldn't I shoot Nacho?

I'd like it to be a reason that doesn't include "because these two other people are scummier..."
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Maemuki »

Mod, please prod Nacho, Xyl and ortolan
. I think that's all.

Sorry, I forgot about a project that needed to be handed in today (besides I guess that it's the "Rememeber about Maemuki" time of the month). I'll post in...10 hours?

Love,
Mae
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by ortolan »

I am gunna read this game I pwomise

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Elmo »

LlamaFluff replaces Xylthixlm.
Nachomamma8 is V/LA until the 14th; I'm looking for a temporary replacement for him.

HowardRoark & Yosarian2 have been prodded.

The
deadline
is Friday 12th February, 22:00 UTC, which is 6 days, 1 hour and 30 minutes from this post.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Maemuki »

FRESH NEW BLOOD! Finally, we needed something like that.

The more I read Nacho, the less I'm sure about him...

Ortolan is not looking that well now, too...

I'll wait for Llama before I give a read on him.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Will try and get caught up fast, have midterms thursday/friday of next week so will have less access then.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, nothing's happened since the last time I posted, which is bad since that was Wednesday..
Maemuki wrote:Since I'm probrably going to be shot today - I'm going to have to ask you something. Who is most likely HR's scumbuddy?
Like I just said, I still think HR's scumbuddy is most likely you, Mae.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lol, and I get prodded just as I'm mid-post, that's funny.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:09 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Got a little less then 10 pages slight better then skimmed. Like ort for town, like whoever DTF is now (nacho?) for scum.

This will get more indepth with cases, reasoning and possibly epic poetry later.
Co-host of The USL Show
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:59 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Yosarian2: If you "never bought" my Sarag scum tell because it "seemed off," why didn't you make a comment at the time? Why wait until now?
I (801) wrote:@ortolan: Please explain your interpretation of Yosarian's post; I'm not following you.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

HowardRoark wrote:@Yosarian2: If you "never bought" my Sarag scum tell because it "seemed off," why didn't you make a comment at the time? Why wait until now?
Well, I obviously wasn't going to defend someone I thought was likely scum, not even against an attack I didn't think was very strong.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Finished a somewhat distracted skim-read. My early game reads, even though they moved around quite a bit during the read, came out the same.

On a skim I would be shooting nacho, second is a bit more complicated. I can see any of the others working really, although most have ties to different scum. I am more sure then before that ort is town though.
Co-host of The USL Show
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Elmo »

DrippingGoofball replaces Nachomamma8 until the 14th. Thanks!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hi all I'm here to crack the game and find you some scum. From now until Valentine's Day at least.

<3
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Oh Krap, I went looking for voting records to find you the scum and find out we have unusual mechanics here?

Oi
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”