EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 am

Post by EdFrost »

@ Faraday...

currently find cruelty to be scummy (though the setup thing is really amished's stance more than mine) along with yourself and AGar (only slight scum read on AGar)
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 am

Post by EdFrost »

EBWOP- the above post should include a ~ F

~ F
RAWR
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
22 hours
and a few minutes. If you don't get six votes on one of these guys, NO-ONE will be stoned to death! And who knows, maybe the scum might decide to NOT NIGHTKILL and then you're all one step closer to living happily ever after! Yay?

Vote Count

Mindgamer (3)
AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (3)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, EdFrost
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

EdFrost wrote:Hoopla, cruelty: thoughts on faraday?
I think his stances are inconsistant, but he is going for RedCoyote, so that is pro-town points for Faraday there. I don't think he is scummy enough to be in my top two or three though. To be honest, I don't understand the case against. Can someone summarize?
hitogoroshi wrote: Dear Hoopla, Faraday, and AGar:

your next post either has a vote for cruelty or an explanation why {RC,Mindgamer} is a better lynch today. This would have to include cruelty's merits along with {RC,Mindgamer}'s scuminess.

love,
hito
Hello hito, I think cruelty's play is pro-town, I admit I have a nagging feeling about him (as he did of me), but it isn't substancial. I'm online up until deadline, so I will compromise if necessary, but I'd rather lynch Mindgamer over anyone else (if we can't have an RC lynch).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Faraday »

hitogoroshi wrote:I don't see scum fighting as hard as he is against who he is. Of course, quite frankly, I also don't see a pro-town player coming up with a list like Red/Ed/Agar
I don't understand the first reason, really. Also didn't you say you thought there were some reasons might call RC scum, so I don't see why that stance would be beyond the realms of imposibillity for you to understand. Edfrost I get it, he's a shining beacon of towniness for you. Agar confuses me though, he's been mostly on the fringes of the game so I don't understand why you have a town read on him at all.

Dear Hoopla, Faraday, and AGar:

your next post either has a vote for cruelty or an explanation why {RC,Mindgamer} is a better lynch today. This would have to include cruelty's merits along with {RC,Mindgamer}'s scuminess.

love,
hito
I think he's town. I don't think RC is town. Mindgamer is probably town too.

I'll be on later to see what's happening, and switch my vote if needed. Have labs soon till 6. 18 hours left till deadline. I'm assuming everyone can be around today?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:03 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hoopla wrote: Hello hito, I think cruelty's play is pro-town,
why
Faraday wrote: I think he's town.
why

While I'm sure I've clarified this view before, I think Mindgamer is less scummy than his early day 2 play but still preferable to a no-lynch. I would rather no-lynch than lynch RC. If the cruelty wagon doesn't pan out (but again: why) I'll be online many, many times today and I can switch to Mindgamer so we can use our flaker's ghost-votes to get something done.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I'm not really happy with a RedCoyote or Cruelty lynch. But if it will come down to it, I will hammer either of them since a lynch will give us a lot of information, and we seem to be quite stuck on what to do without that information. RedCoyote > Cruelty in terms of scummyness.

@ Hitogoroshi
Your post doesn't convince me. All you've shown is that Cruelty is a bad townie and that he's scum because he continues his behaviour. Why is this so important to you? Don't you have any significant scum reads on other players?
EdFrost wrote:ell oh ell, reasoning is tech, mindgamer.
Excuse me, what does tech mean?

I will be online for about six hours from now. Then I'll go to sleep, and I'll wake up one and a half hour before deadline.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Faraday »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Faraday wrote: I think he's town.
why
Strong gut read on him.

My internet is inconsistent. I'll definitely be on before deadline tomorrow morning though (I have a 9 lab, so unless I decide not to go
I'll have net access.

I prefer a Mindgamer lynch slightly over cruelty (mindgamer has claimed, at least)
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Mindgamer wrote: Excuse me, what does tech mean?

I will be online for about six hours from now. Then I'll go to sleep, and I'll wake up one and a half hour before deadline.
Useful/important/ necessary for your vote on me to even be something that is worth noticing.

~ F
RAWR
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

i'm going to bed, fucking knackered.. since a redcoyote lynch isn't gonna happen, it seems.

unvote vote mindgamer.

i guess i'll be on before deadline.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by cruelty »

check
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by cruelty »

ok if my math is right deadline is in 6 hours or so. will be back before then.
the nexus of the crisis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

le sigh

Unvote, vote: Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

I'm here, but it doesn't matter... :(
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer wrote:I'm here, but it doesn't matter... :(
We can hug if you want.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Unvote
Vote: Mindgamer

Least preferred out of the preferred lynches... We'll see I guess.
RAWR
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

That's six.

I feel for Mindgamer in the sense that horrordude/Nacho, The Tracker, and now AGar, have pretty much disappeared on the game. I likely would've hammered him now if EdFrost hadn't just done it though.

Still, it would've been nice to get 2 (or 3) sets of fresh eyes on the game to weigh in on all of our options.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What chance do you give a Mindgamer scum flip, RedCoyote?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I've made it clear that I believe The Tracker's claim. It took a while, but I've also come to realize it is pretty unlikely that you are scum, Hoopla.

hito and Ed feel townie to me, but I'm worried that may only be because of our similar agreements. Then again, I've felt pretty good about hito since the start of the game, and Ed replaced for angel, who I saw both positives and negatives for. I like the fact that they (Amish + Ed) pointed out how Vi helped with the setup. It hadn't really crossed my mind until that point, but I have heard of Vi coming down against Cops before. The setup they showed bolstered their argument, too. Cruciare may still have had his own ideas, but I'd say no Cop is still a safe bet as far as what is more logical. Remember, I had no problem with your claim D1, Hoopla. It wasn't until Cyberbob's flip that I felt nervous about the validity of it.

So anyways, that's four in the ten we have left. Meaning that the 3 or 4 scum, in my opinion, will be coming from the remaining six. In reality, all of those six would've been acceptable lynches for me today, but Mindgamer, whatever your position on him now, has undoubtedly done some sketchy things earlier this game.

The tl;dr answer to your question is that I would give a 50 - 66% chance of a scumflip.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

similar arguments*

No matter how many times I read over my own posts in the preview, I always seem to mess something up.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

well, bleh.

hope you guys are right, i'll be back to tunnel rc some more tomorrow.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by cruelty »

btw feel free to read way too much into that.
the nexus of the crisis
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Final Vote Count

Mindgamer (6)
AGar, horrordude0215, The Tracker, Faraday, Hoopla, EdFrost

cruelty (2)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi
RedCoyote (1)
cruelty
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With ten alive, it took six to stone to death. Mindgamer has 'achieved' a majority.

The town pondered who it was that deserved to be stoned to death today. Fingers were soon pointed at a certain suspicious-looking man who did some suspicious-looking things yesterday, and most of the townspeople began to throw stones at him. However, just as the he was at the brink of death and begging for mercy, a stray stone thrown by a certain other man with horrible eyesight happened to miss its target completely and instead hit the local grumpy old man. The old man, visibly furious, picked up the stone that just hit him and threw it back at the man with bad eyesight - and all his friends at the rest home soon joined him in this retaliation. Some of the townspeople, at seeing the man with bad eyesight being unfairly assaulted, began to throw stones at the grumpy old man and his rest home buddies, knocking out some of their false teeth. Soon the entire town was engulfed in a hailstorm of stones being thrown in all directions. As the day drew to a close, the town had completely forgotten about the important decision they were supposed to be making, too absorbed with their increasingly feral stone-fight. Seconds before the sun dipped below the horizon, a large rock about the size of a microwave oven flew through the air, its trajectory ending on the unfortunate cranium of the suspicious-looking man who did some suspicious-looking things, killing him instantly. No-one really knew where it came from, but with that event the town remembered that they were supposed to stone him to death anyway, shrugging before going home to sleep.

Mindgamer,
Vanilla Townie
, stoned to death D2

It is now N2. The deadline is set at February 15, 11:00AM GMT/UTC. All night choices that have not been sent in already must be sent in before this time.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Sorry for the extra long N2, it was entirely my fault. Morning scene incoming.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Cruciare »

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. A certain close relative of the amnesiac doctor who lost his head a while ago came to visit the town from somewhere really far away to mourn for his lost loved one. After being shown the way to the doctor's house by some friendly bystanders, he made his way to the front door and tried to turn the door handle. That's odd, it was locked. No-one should've been inside. The relative called to the other townspeople for help, and after a count of three, the door was promptly knocked down by group of them. What they saw inside made even the manliest of men scream like little girls. The unindentified body of a man was hanging by a rope attached to the ceiling of the living room. That was not why they screamed though, for the reason why the man could not be identified was because although it was indeed the figure of a man, his appearance was but a messy bloody lumpy shape of red meat. He had no skin. What came next terrified the townepeople even more - this body's previously lifeless eyes began to shift around, its mouth slowly opening, barely managing to speak the almost inaudible words "
so . . . it was . . . you . . .
" before succumbing to an inevitable eternal slumber. The townspeople ran out in a fit of uncontrollable fear of what they just saw. A quick census soon identified the 'talking corpse' that would be told by parents to scare their children for generations to come.

AGar,
Doc Enabler
, skinned alive N2

You have no night action, but should you cease to live any and all hypothetical Doctors (including Mafia Doctors) will no longer be able to use their night actions for the remainder of the game.

It is now D3. The deadline is set at March 10, 10:00AM GMT/UTC. You have to at least lynch
one
of the scum before you lose!
Nachomamma8 has taken over his old player slot. Still looking for a replacement for The Tracker.

Vote Count

Not Voting (8)
RedCoyote, hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Faraday, EdFrost, The Tracker

With eight alive, it takes five to bury alive.
Last edited by Cruciare on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”