Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Vote: Nobody Special
for no special reason.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z
Z

Bit of a slow start.

In the interest of conversation...does anyone have any favorite questions they like to ask others to break the ice/scumhunt in the early stages of games? And if so...what are they and how would you answer them?

I'll go first.

Not really. n/a

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Post by havingfitz »

So smashbro_of_the_SSS...do you prefer to be referred to as:

a) smashbro_of_the_SSS
b) smashbro
c) sbotsss
d) ssss
e) other

and do you prefer playing as scum or town and why?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 am

Post by havingfitz »

The town needs more caffeine this morning (or whatever part of day we are in).

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

fallen angel wrote:I do, actually. What's everyone's favorite role? Playstyle? If so for either, then why? Any previous games? Links, please, if so?
Not sure...only non-VT roles (out of 8 or 9 games) have been replacing in as a seer and replacing in as a mafia roleblocker (both in D2 iirc). Seer was ok (caught a werewolf but lost the game) and mafia was fun but stressful (but resulted in a win). Getting a bit frustrated with all the VT roles. I would like to give mafia a try again...especially from the start of a game as it was exciting to evade town yet interesting to see people make right and wrong assumptions during the game. Playstyle is an OODA loop. Previous games can be googled :-)

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by havingfitz »

fallen angel wrote:Also, why is VT frustrating?
Not that I find the role of VT frustrating...just the fact that I have been in that role so often and have not had a chance to try other roles at all or more often. I.e. a break in the monotony would be nice too.
chauchaudotcom wrote:Fitz - What's your view on early bandwagons?
In RV? In this game a third vote or higher on someone would start to get my attention.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
Vote Count:

Deer (3): Sucrose, water_foul, smashbro_of_the_SSS
Sucrose (1): Nobody Special
Nobody Special (1): chauchaudotcom
water_foul (1): fallen angel

With 11 it takes 6 to lynch.
D1 Deadline in 3 weeks. Will give specific day when it gets closer.
You missed my vote.

Syke: Shit I missed a few. I'm tired, my bad. Fixed!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by havingfitz »

me wrote:
chauchaudotcom wrote:Fitz - What's your view on early bandwagons?
In RV? In this game a third vote or higher on someone would start to get my attention.
rzhang86 wrote:so lets make it interesting....

vote: Deer
I was (am still am) a bit suspicious of Fallen Angel for the L-2 vote on Deer...coupled with all the explaining that went with it. In fact...was catching up on the thread and getting ready to move my vote to FA when I came across the L-1 vote...for basically no reason...in your third post of the game. wow

Unvote, Vote: rzhang86

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am

Post by havingfitz »

water_foul wrote:Anyway I really think rzhang86's vote reeks more of newb scum as it was post #3 and it is re-putting someone at L-1. The scummiest part of this is without any explanation I think it looks more like an attempt to hammer and he missed the unvote (although he will deny it).
Actually...upon further review:
  • 1- I don't think Deer is at L-1 at the moment as ssss' unvote seems to have gone unnoticed...by both FA and the mod.
    2- I don't think rzhang86 re-put Deer at L-1...the highest Deer has gone is L-2, which rzhang reput him at
Also...this is only rzhang86's 2nd game on the site it would appear so he is definitely new. Though I'm not sure I am prepared to give him a complete pass for his nonchalant vote (whether he thought it was L-1 or L-2), for the moment I will...

Unvote
still somewhat suspicious newbie
rzhang86

That said...FA doesn't appear to be so new. So much rationalization before putting another vote on the Deer BW. Stating rzhang's vote was putting Deer
back
at L-1 (which it wasn't...and never was) missing the ssss unvote right above. Posting that he couldn't explain his reasons for voting Deer (even though he wasn't asked to explain them and he had time to post that he couldn't explain them???). Then ~30 minutes later...he's suddenly able to explain his reasons (= to draw out/ID scum...not to actually get rid of Deer). If your plan didn't work...why are you convinced rzhang is scum? From your plan that didn't work? And you need to re-read a game that just started?

hmmmmm....

Vote:
not so new, over rationalizing & misleading
Fallen Angel

PS...Mod...did I mention your vote count was wrong (again)?
:-)

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

fallen angel wrote: Also, I'm a bit confused why I'm being voted or considered a suspect? There seems to be a bit of confusion as to who said what, and it would make it a great deal easier to explain myself if presented with a clear case.

I explained my reasons for suspecting/voting you in post 80. Are there other votes on you? I don’t think my vote is going to stay on you much longer though....
rzhang86 wrote: LOL wow everybody just turns around and vote for me. do you think im that stupid that i hadnt already thought about whether voting Deer would be scummy or not?

yes i knew i was putting him at exactly L-1 (not L-2, and not hammer). i voted Deer for the same reason fallen angel did... i was making his "gambit" more effective, if it was gonna work at all. L-2 isnt very much pressure, L-1 is when things happen if they are going to happen. i decided to support fallen angel's gambit because the game has been dead so far and this was the most proactive step anyone has taken yet.
OK...I think several people (myself included) were giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were a) too new at mafia to know what you were doing, and/or b) the vote count was unclear and you actually thought you were putting Deer at L-2 despite the fact that some of us (FA, the Mod, ergo me) thought you had placed an L-1 vote. Once I realised this was not the case I switched my vote to FA. You have vehemently corrected us however on your mafia experience...
rzhang86 wrote:
yes i only have 1 game on my record, but that only means i am a noob to this particular website
(and we shouldnt talk about that game because i think it is still in progress). i am not so noob to just bandwagon in the most obviously suspicious way if i were actually scum.... give me some credit jeez
and which vote you thought you were making....
rzhang86 wrote: i knew full well that i was also putting myself out there as an element in the field that could be attacked (and also defended). my defense is that, i was trying to accelerate the game irrespective of my particular role in the game, and i did so in a way that i thought was relatively safe because it would be very nooby and stupid to vote Deer to L-1 actually expecting to lynch Deer in the context of the game at that time. i hope i have demonstrated myself to not be nooby or stupid, and if you can accept that then hopefully it will follow that
my voting Deer to L-1
was a null tell (not pro-town, not anti-town, just a null tell).
So to recap...you are experienced and you thought you were placing an L-1 vote on Deer on the heels of FA’s ‘gambit.’

Gotcha.

Additionally...since my perception that you were so new to mafia was based on a quick meta on you...and since you have gone on to reference the game which I drew my meta from...I will say I find your proclamations of your mafia abilities in contrast with what you stated in that game. Which was
“ im as noob as it gets, this is my first game ever. but i dont think it will necessarily be detrimental, naivety is sometimes a virtue
...which I took to mean this was your 2nd game ever.
rzhang86 wrote: you can read my other game if you want,
its all true.
everything ive done so far has been in efforts to take the aspects of my previous game that i didnt like and better them here.
It would appear that is not the case as you have stated in here that you are experienced at mafia.
fallen angel wrote:
Deer wrote:The not fakeclaiming also falls under "lynch all liars," a strategy I happen to agree with.
Me too. Lying is basically as antitown as it gets. A real townie has nothing to hide, so why lie?
I agree. I gave rzhang a pass for his inexperience and the possibility of voting confusion. He appears to be experienced however and there was no confusion in his mind when he placed what he thought was an L-1 vote with no reason given whatsoever...beyond making things interesting. Sooooooo...

Unvote fallen angel
and back to
Vote: rzhang86
<---which I believe is vote #4 on you...aka L-2.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

rzhang86 wrote:
sykedoc wrote:
Vote Count:

Deer (4): Sucrose, water_foul, fallen angel, rzhang86
Sucrose (1): Nobody Special
Nobody Special (2): chauchaudotcom, havingfitz
smashbro_of_the_SSS (1):TeWuicah

With 11 players it takes 6 to lynch.

Deer is at L-2

um, so i duno if i missed something or what because i couldve sworn Deer was at L-1 after i voted? it was not my intention to bring him to L-2... did i mess up? if it was my mistake then i apologize for the fiasco
havingfitz wrote:Actually...upon further review:
  • 1- I don't think Deer is at L-1 at the moment as ssss' unvote seems to have gone unnoticed...by both FA and the mod.
    2- I don't think rzhang86 re-put Deer at L-1...the highest Deer has gone is L-2, which rzhang reput him at
PS...Mod...did I mention your vote count was wrong (again)?
:-)
@rzhang...is Deer your primary suspect or are you still prepetuating a wayward gambit?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

chauchaudotcom wrote:Fitz - So rz isn't a noob and all. He's fully aware of the consequences of his actions. So why does that make him scum (above FA)? Particularly given he never really L-1'ed Deer.
When I first voted for rz...the reasons I gave applied. I then took my vote off because I thought based on other people's comments of noobiness and my meta on him (from his only other MS game) that he was in fact very inexperienced. That has turned out to not be the case and he has acknowledged thinking that he had placed Deer at L-1. So my initial reasons for voting rz apply again in addition to the discrepancies that seem to exist in how he has portrayed his mafia experience (in his two MS games).

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

Lot of individual posting dry spells. I think the
mod needs a prod.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 am

Post by havingfitz »

I just completed a game where one of the scum had done a comprehensive player assessment in which he included himself. Don't recall if he rated himself slightly scummy or not.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

TeWuicah wrote:
havingfitz wrote:I just completed a game where one of the scum had done a comprehensive player assessment in which he included himself. Don't recall if he rated himself slightly scummy or not.
Would both/either one of you explain why this would be a scum tell, other than a few anecdotal examples? I agree that it's a strange and perhaps dumb thing to do, but I don't see why that would make you guys think he's scum.
I didn't say I thought water foul was scum. I was sharing a similar instance to what chau had mentioned in the last game I finished. I was sharing a coincidence. I have been in other games with non-scum who have rated themselves as well (though I don't recall any instances where they didn't rate themselves as completely townie).

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:48 am

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
Fitz your claim is a bit unfounded. Mods are not here to break up dry spells. If someone who posted on Wednesday has not posted by the end of Friday, I am then required to prod. I do not prod people who have posted in the last two days
I wasn't asking you to break up a dry spell for other players. I was saying I thought you needed a prod. We hadn't seen you since Tuesday and there was a lot of confusion it seemed regarding vote counts. We missed you.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:30 am

Post by havingfitz »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I have to have time to think about this, and think about my opinion of him again. Until then,
unvote
Has your gut feel changed or are you just backing down after receiving a few question and negative attention from your rz vote?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 am

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
rzhang86 has requested replacement.
Don't like this. Could be a newbie overwhelmed by the negative attention he is getting or cornered scum not interested in putting up a fight. Since rz has dispelled the newbie factor by defending his actions and saying he had mafia experience outside of this site I'm going to lean away from the overwhelmed newbie option and towards the cornered scum. This replacement request would result in a vote for rz from me if I didn't already have my vote on him.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:03 am

Post by havingfitz »

I wonder what the votecount is................ <sigh>

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 am

Post by havingfitz »

Who is your top suspect ssss? Is it still rz or have you redirected your suspicions to someone else?

@all.....do you think rz asking for replacement is frustrated town or cornered scum? (I realize there may be other reasons besides these two [ex. RL issues] but between the two choices I provided...which do you think is more likely?)

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 am

Post by havingfitz »

Another replacement request. %$^&

Both our gambiteers are bailing. Nice...
Nobody Special wrote:If rzhang wasn't replacing out, I'd be voting him.

FoS: rzhang
and
fallen angel
What about him replacing out is preventing you from voting him? He's not replaced yet and his actions haven't changed. Why threaten but not do? If he turns out to be scum would the threat of a vote be town cred for you?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:32 am

Post by havingfitz »

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 am

Post by havingfitz »

FOS water_foul

That last post was a wad of incoherent babbling IMO. And where did anyone say rz and FA were a scum team. I think most of their detractors believe it's an either/or between them.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
Replacement fishing is taking far too long, if anyone can suggest someone I'd much appreciate it. Also apologies about the VC, my internet seems to be going out whenever it feels like it.
It might help if you request replacements in the.......replacement list in the queue.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

For the people who aren't voting....do you have a primary suspect? Are you engaged with the game?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:31 am

Post by havingfitz »

chauchaudotcom wrote:
smash wrote:So I'm watching him, and look forward to seeing him under pressure.
How would he be under pressure if you don't question him, vote him or put him under any sort of pressure?
The thought of pressure can be quite intimidating.

I wonder what's up with our replacements to be? Have the PMs to our mod been overwhelming?
I wonder how our illustrious mod is doing
with his internet issues....life in general. I wonder if the vote count needs updating. Pardon the wonderfull post..

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Still around.

Still happy with my rz vote for his play while in the game (along with bailing out under pressure). Continue to have slight suspicions of FA for similar reasons to rz (though not a strong). Am not liking Nobody Special’s contribution to the game so far. Posting enough to make presence know...but not posting anything.

FoS Nobody Special

Zzzzzzzzz

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

chauchaudotcom wrote:Fitz - what's your view on JB?
I haven't formulated one. I've been distracted by rz, FA, and lurkers. I probably should have a re-look at everyone now that we have more posts to digest...not sure if JB, or TW who I kind of get the same feel from ATM, have posted enough to digest. We'll see.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

chauchaudotcom wrote:fitz, would you mind linking me to the game where you played scum?
Here 'tis.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:04 am

Post by havingfitz »

How many replacements are we getting again? Two?

If so...that leaves us with ten 'active' players...should be enough to progress the game.

Does anyone else think rz replacing out (or FA for that matter) compounds suspicions that were already on them?

If you suspected rz before he bailed...are you willing give rz's replacement a clean slate? For me the answer is no....whic h is why my vote is still on him.

Slow game. How many lurkers do we have?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by havingfitz »

chauchaudotcom wrote:And I fucking love how the three people who respond didn't even address fitz's question. (Yes, I am in a terrible mood today and I am projecting it onto you guys.)
Fitz wrote:Does anyone else think rz replacing out (or FA for that matter) compounds suspicions that were already on them?
The act of replacing out is a null tell, because we can never distinguish whether it was real life or role related. The suspicion cast upon the two before still remains, but it does not increase or decrease simply because they replaced out.
Fitz wrote:If you suspected rz before he bailed...are you willing give rz's replacement a clean slate? For me the answer is no....whic h is why my vote is still on him.
They have the same role, why would you give them a clean slate?
I found their replacing out to be scummy. I know it can be a nulltell. I haven't looked to see if they have posted anywhere since their requests. I especially suspect rz more because I felt he was under a good bit of pressure at the time.

Personally...I would not give them a clean slate...as I mentioned in my own answer to my question.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:01 am

Post by havingfitz »

Can we get a vote count?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

sykedoc wrote:
Vote Count:

rzhang86(3): Deer, havingfitz, Nobody Special
Deer(1): rzhang86
smashbro_of_the_SSS(1): Sucrose, chauchaudotcom
water_foul(3): TeWuicah, smashbro_of_the_SSS, jbernier93

If water_foul hasn't posted by monday, he gets replaced

peanutman replaces fallen angel

Also I believe this marks ONE WEEK left unless a replacement so requests an extension
Just looking a few posts up from here I can tell this votecount is wrong. Could we get an accurate one?

Also...v/LA from 2300GMT tonight till 1500GMT this Thursday.

Syke: I'll just make you V/LA until the end of Thursday

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:58 am

Post by havingfitz »