Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 208 - Fire & Ice Mafia >Over!<

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

"Hello! Welcome aboard the USS Axolotl. My name is Nikanor, and I will be your captain for the duration of this expedition. Before I start the briefing for today's mission, let me tell you a little about why we're out here.
"As you all know, the human race has been devastated by the dramatic increase of cancer cases in the past few years due to increased high-frequency EMR pollution back on Earth. Our life span is shortening quickly, and half of the population has become infertile already. If we don't do something, our species will become extinct. We're here to stop that from happening.
"In a matter of days, we'll be passing through Spatial Anomaly 9113276, also known as the Foxfire Anomaly. Our hope is that the unique radiation from this anomaly will alter your cells in such a way that the DNA becomes unalterable by other forms of radiation. If our mission is successful, not only should everyone on this ship be rendered immune to the cancer-causing effects of high-frequency radiations, but existing cancerous cells in our bodies will be purged, curing us completely. If you thought that was great, if the experiment is successful, an analysis of the source of the radiation in this anomaly will allow us to synthesize the radiation at any identical frequency back home, giving us a cheap and easy cure for cancer.
"Also, I would just like to mention that I've heard some rumors about the world's governments and drug companies conspiring against this mission. The theory is that finding a cheap cure does not benefit them economically, and so they want to quash any form of inexpensive cure that may arise. I want to tell you that this theory is ridiculous, and that there is no reason to worry. None of you will be in any danger for the duration of this trip, I guarantee it.
"Last but not least, I'd like to introduce the ship's computer, Axol. Say hello, Axol."
Hello Captain. It is a pleasure flying with you once again.
If any of you have any questions, concerns, or requests, feel free to ask me any time, and I will do my best to accommodate them.

"Thank you Axol. Now I'm going to go fly the ship. You folks make yourself comfortable. Call me if you need me."

--------------------

Hours pass, and most of you start to fall asleep. All is quiet on the ship, until...

Attention all passengers. Please go to the kitchen immediately for an emergency meeting. Attention all passengers. Please go to the kitchen immediately for an emergency meeting.

As you arrive in the kitchen, you begin to see what the emergency meeting is about. On the kitchen floor lie the bodies of Dallas and Daniel, two other passengers. Dallas is burnt to a crisp, while Daniel is frozen solid. They both hold knives in their hands, but neither has a scratch.

Your Captain is the first to speak.

"Shit. What the hell happened here? Judging from the fact that they're both holding knives, I don't think they did this to each other. It's much more likely that someone here among us did the killing."
Sanhora speaks up next,
"Well, what should we do? You said we weren't in any danger, but, but..."
Sanhora trails off. RayFrost finishes the sentence,
"But now we have two dead bodies sitting in front of us. We have muderers standing in this very room. I say we start lynching some baddies, savvy?"
"My thought exactly, Ray. I'm going back to the cockpit. We still need to get to the anomaly, and I'm the only one who can fly this ship. The twelve of you should decide on who to throw out the airlock today. Just tell Axol here when you're ready, and she'll open up the airlock for you. Axol, can you keep track of who wants to throw out which person?"
Most certainly, Captain.

"Excellent. Notify me when they've decided, and I'll come down to unlock the person's room in order to determine if they were a killer or not.
"Good luck. Something tells me you'll need it."

Still sailing with the stars:

XScorpion
-
Ice Mafioso
-
Survived!

In the next world:

Daniel
-
Townie
-
Frozen night zero.

Dallas
-
Townie
-
Burned night zero.

SaintKerrigan
danakillsu
-
Fire Mafioso
-
Lynched day one.

ICEninja
-
Townie
-
Frozen night one.

DarkLightA
-
Ice Mafioso
-
Burned night one.

fallen angel
Nachomamma8
-
Townie
-
Lynched day two.

-
Fire Mafioso
-
Frozen night two.

RayFrost
DTMaster
-
Townie
-
Burned night two.

-
Townie
-
Lynched day three.

-
Town Doctor
-
Frozen night three.

Mindgamer
-
Townie
-
Lynched day five.

Crazy
RedCoyote
-
Townie
-

Scott Brosius
-
Townie
-
Last edited by Nikanor on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The Rules:

General Rules:

Don't be a jerk. This is rule #1 in every game, since games are supposed to be fun, and games are not fun when someone is being a jerk. Don't be that guy.
Town players are not allowed to communicate outside the thread at any time. Mafia players may communicate with each other outside the thread during the pregame and night phases, but not during the day.
Do not edit posts. Most of you cannot edit posts anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Once you are dead, you're dead. Like, completely devoid of life. And people who are completely devoid of life may not post in the thread.
You may quote the role pms provided below if you are so inclined. You may not, however, quote any private communication with me. You're not even allowed to claim the time at which I sent you a pm.
Do not post in small font, white text, spoiler tags, or any other form of hidden message. You may not post in any language other than English.
Play to win, etc.
Do not reference ongoing games. You may reference games once they are completed, but not before.
Indigo
is the colour I'll use to post vote counts, edit things into other people's posts, etc. Do not impersonate me.
If you have a question or concern, or if you think that I may have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or by pm. Be sure to bold requests directed at me so that I see them.
If you choose to violate a rule, I will punish you. That might mean a modkill, which is the ending of your life by moi. I'll reveal your role in-topic, then change it to Neutral Survivor so that you automatically lose. If you are town, the day will end, but if you are mafia, the day will continue. I don't like having to modkill people, so try not to break the rules. I'm also pretty understanding, so don't freak out if you accidentally break a rule.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

Votes must be bolded. For example,
Vote: Mini Wheats.
You may unvote by typing
Unvote.
Some mods require you to unvote before changing your vote, but I am a kind mod, and as a kind mod, I do not require you to unvote before changing your vote.
Vote counts will probably be provided twice a day, but will be provided once per day at the minimum.
Once a lynching majority has been reached, the game will go into twilight. You may continue to talk during twilight until I get to locking the thread, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
You may also vote for no lynch to happen on that day by typing
Vote: No lynch.
A no-lynch still requires a majority vote to go through.
Some mods require only half a majority to lynch at deadline, but I am a cruel mod, and as a cruel mod, I still require a full majority to reach a lynch at deadline.
If a majority has not been reached by the deadline, a no-lynch will occur, and the game will go into night. I don't care if your hammer vote came one minute after deadline, it doesn't count. If you don't like it, don't wait until the last minute.
Each day will have strict three-week deadlines. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.

Night Phase:

Night lasts for 48 hours, but might be extended if I need a replacement.

Prodding and Stuff:

If a player fails to post for 72 consecutive hours, he will be prodded. If that player does not post for another 48 hours after he's been prodded, he'll be replaced.
Prods are available upon request. I'll still issue an official prod at the 72 hour mark, though.
I like to mass-prod if I feel discussion is lacking. Don't be surprised to have your inbox filled by my spam.
If you are going away, or if you have limited access to the site, notify me by pm or in-topic so that I know not to prod or replace you. If you're going to be V/LA over the night phase and have a night action, you may send in your action early.
Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The Roles:

2x[color=red]Fire Mafiosi[/color] wrote:Welcome to Open 208! You are a
Fire Mafioso
, so named because you kill people with fire. You are really just part of an evil drug corporation trying to stop this ship before they manage to develop an inexpensive cure for the disease known as cancer.
Your partner's name is
XXXX
. You and your partner may speak in {this quicktopic} at night and during confirmations. Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player to kill. Be careful, if you and the Ice Mafia target the same person, the kills will be cancelled out! I will accept changes up to when I start the day.

You win when your faction comprises at least half the town and the Ice Mafia has been eliminated.

Please confirm by pm. The game topic is here.

Good luck!
~Nik
2x[color=blue]Ice Mafiosi[/color] wrote:Welcome to Open 208! You are a
Ice Mafioso
, so named because you kill people with ice. You are really just part of an evil government conspiracy trying to stop this ship before they manage to develop an inexpensive cure for the disease known as cancer.
Your partner's name is
XXXX
. You and your partner may speak in {this quicktopic} at night and during confirmations. Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player to kill. Be careful, if you and the Fire Mafia target the same person, the kills will be cancelled out! I will accept changes up to when I start the day.

You win when your faction comprises at least half the town and the Fire Mafia has been eliminated.

Good luck!
~Nik
1x[color=olive]Town Doctor[/color] wrote:Welcome to Open 208! You are a
Town Doctor
, so named because you are able to save people's lives. You are the only person on this ship with any medical training whatsoever, so if you die, there will be nothing standing in between the rest of the villagers and death.
Each night, you may send me the name of a player to protect. For that night, that player cannot be killed. I will accept changes up to when I start the day.

You win when both the Ice Mafia and Fire Mafia are eliminated.

Good luck!
~Nik
7x[color=green]Townies[/color] wrote:Welcome to Open 208! You are a
Townie
, so named because you have no special abilities. You are just a normal person who has donated his life and body to science.

You win when both the Ice Mafia and Fire Mafia are eliminated.

Good luck!
~Nik
Last edited by Nikanor on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

All roles are out! Game will start when I have at least 10 people confirmed.

And that makes ten! We're still waiting on XScorpion and Ray Frost. If they don't post ITT within 33 hours I'll start looking for replacements.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (12)
- Crazy, Sanhora, ICEninja, pwnman, XScorpion, Scott Brosius, DarkLightA, fallen angel, Mindgamer, Deer, SaintKerrigan, RayFrost

With twelve players alive, seven votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls on Thursday March 18 at 16:50 UTC.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by ICEninja »

Alright lets get this going.

I'd like to briefly introduce myself. I am a fairly new but quite capable player. I am in timezone PST, which I believe is GMT - 8 for those not familiar. I post frequently, and my posts are quite long and well explained, so if you're one of those people who don't like to read a whole thought process you may have to bear with me. I may include TL;DR summaries for certain posts if it seems like people need them. Hopefully everyone will just read what I post though, as I don't tend to waste votes.

I'm not a fan of random voting so instead I'd like to ask everyone what their timezone is, to give people an idea of when you're most likely to be posting.

Oh and RayFrost, no hard feelings about last game right?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I can't believe I sold my Detroit Lions season tickets to get on this lousy starship!

Vote: Nikanor
, for being the captain who got us into this mess. Also because he's the mod, and mods are always scummy.

By that same token,
FoS: Crazy
for being my mod in Newbie #862.

FoS: RayFrost, Sanhora, XScorpion, Pwnman, and Mindgamer
for playing with me before.

The rest of you, I don't know. But we have a whole game to get to know each other, don't we? Well, less time for some of you, but that shouldn't discourage you from making friends!
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:07 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Hey!

Unvote: Nikanor. Vote: ICEninja
for beating me to the first post.

Also, I live in CST (GMT -6).
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Crazy »

I live in EST, which I suppose is GMT -5.

I don't believe I've played with any of you guys yet, so this should be fun.

And
Vote: Deer
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Mindgamer »

I like the RVS.

Vote: ICEninja

Obviously Fire Mafia.

My timezone is UTC+1 / GMT+1.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 am

Post by ICEninja »

Mindgamer wrote: Vote: ICEninja
Obviously Fire Mafia.
Oh no this couldn't possibly be true. Me being a fire mafia would cause me to become a living contradiction and the space time continuum would be in jeopardy. Would you be willing to risk the universe by making me a fire mafia? A townie wouldn't. A mafia, perhaps, might be willing to gamble the fate of everything for personal gain.

I've got my eye on you Mindgamer!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

ICEninja wrote:
I'm not a fan of random voting so instead I'd like to ask everyone what their timezone is, to give people an idea of when you're most likely to be posting.
Why not a fan of the RVS?

vote: fallen angel

Clearly used to be Ice mafia, then fell from heaven to become Fire mafia.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 am

Post by XScorpion »

I'm here I'm here!!! confirm!
Vote: Iceninja
because I love RVS.
I'm EST.
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Sanhora »

Vote Ray

He stole part of my role ._. San and Hora were gonna be the main characters besides Captain Nikanor! Give me back my double role :mad:

(GMT +1)
"I'm on the side of money."
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Unvote: ICEninja. Vote: Mindgamer.

Serious vote. Look at his first post and see if you can figure out why.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Crazy »

I'm pretty sure that's a joke, not a scumslip.
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

Post by pwnman »

Vote mindgamer
for his first post
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Crazy wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a joke, not a scumslip.
I don't think so.

Why specifically accuse him of being Fire Mafia? Seems like an Ice Mafia slip-up to me.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'm not random voting this game.

/playstyle changing
don't you feel silly now?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

RayFrost wrote:I'm not random voting this game.

/playstyle changing
:shock:
It's the eeeeend of the wooorld as we know it...
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'm also not going to post a lot... I think. Not sure on that. Depends on how I feel.
don't you feel silly now?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Deer »

vote: sanhora
for talking in the flavor text

and hey fallen_angel, good to see you over here too :P
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by pwnman »

Time-zone- CST
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Kerrigan wrote: Why specifically accuse him of being Fire Mafia? Seems like an Ice Mafia slip-up to me.
That is definitely not what I took from this. You seriously think that someone saying that ICE is obviously a fire mafia in his random vote is a scum slip? People frequently joke in their first vote.

I personally, however, don't like it when people say intentionally wrong things in a mafia game, even in RVS, as it has potential to lead to misinterpretations and confusion. So while I disagree with you feeling like this is a scum slip, I agree with you calling out Mindgamer for that post.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Deer »

Mindgamer's post was obviously a joke - let's leave it at that.

By the way, I'm in Pacific Time - it's 10:37 PM right now for me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”