Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

1. Titles should partially be a way of informally cataloging something interesting that happened to or because of a member of the site. And partially as a badge of honor that the recipient is somehow a significant member of the community.

2. The Title Fair is "a way to make sure crap titles don't get through by his own judgment as an appointed official."

3. I don't see a need for arbitrary requirements. If 2 is functioning, criteria would be redundant.

4. I'd say some sort of punishment as far as thread/forum banning for obvious infractions. Many of us have gotten carried away joking around in the Title threads. It's easy for the GD to spill into here. Honestly this should all be at the discretion of the Title Fairy because all that spamming the thread does is make more BS for them to wade through to find actual nominations. Bad behavior falls under breaking site rules and should be handled appropriately for such infractions.

5. Titles should be removed at the request of the user and changed at their request if given permission through the Title Fairy.

6. No one should be given a title they do not want.

7. I currently treat the Title Fairy thread as I would any thread in the GD. So I think joking around in it is acceptable as long as it doesn't get offensive. That can and should be changed if the Title Fairy so desires it to be.

8. Titles should be given for whatever they want to be. Titles just happen. If it works it works.

9. I like it in Site Ideas because it's easy to see if people are posting to it.

Yeah I like a loving dictator approach to this.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Ether wrote:Yes, Shafted has a period in the middle of his name.
I don't know how I avoided getting a title related to menstruation to be honest.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

If you've got the time, energy and focus to keep up with it, sure.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman wrote:I'm amused that this thread has 2 pages of (very good) replies. The title fairy thread has six pages of...of title fairy thread.
This is serious business
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Ythill wrote: 3. I think limits should be minimal. With an attentive title fairy and responsible noming, limits become an arbitrary thing that works against the process: an obstacle to the scummer who actually deserves a title despite not yet qualifying for one and a false sense of entitlement for the scummer who qualifies but does not deserve one.
This is what I meant with my #3 answer btw. Ythill said it better so I wanted to reiterate.

Return to “Player Titles”