Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Haven't read others' opinions yet, but here's mine:
1. Titles are a way to show what a scummer is recognized as by the community. Someone with a title should be well-known, and most other well-known scummers should know as soon as they see the title what it means.

2. The Title Fairy should be the final judge of all titles and even come up with some of his own. If a title is dumb, the Title Fairy should be able to deny it. If there is debate on which of multiple titles (Vi) is best, it should be up to the Title Fairy what is used.

3. 100 posts, as someone said before, is too easily attained. I like your 1 year on site suggestion.

4. I think this can balance itself. If a user is suggesting titles for the sake of suggesting titles, we'll all know it and stop taking them seriously. Insulting titles can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis (By the way, I'd say both the Title Fairy and Mith have the power to decide how to handle things like bans from suggesting titles)

5. If a title no longer applies, it should be removed. If a better one comes up, it should be used instead. These situations are probably pretty rare though.

6. Titles should be accepted by the user before being used.

7. It should be mostly serious, but that doesn't mean an occasional joke or two is ban-worthy or anything like that. You can have fun in a serious place.

8. A title should come from anything that builds a player's reputation, whether that's GD, mafia, scumchat, meets, or whatever else.

9. Site Ideas is fine IMO. That's where I've gotten used to seeing it. I could understand a Sticky'd GD thread though.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Player Titles”