Title Fairy Policy Changes

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by yawetag »

Answering this before I read others' opinions. I'm a DB like that.

Seriously, I have opinions and don't want them changed before I post them. My opinions may change after reading the thread.
1. What do you think titles should be? Should they be an expression of each user's individuality? A reward for long standing Scummers who have been active in the community? An entitlement after x years/posts/games?
Titles should be twofold: 1) Changed by incremental posts (go up to 5k+), and 2) Modified by the userbase. Essentially, keep it the same as it is, but add more "generic" titles as people get to certain post numbers.
2. What do you think the Title Fairy should be? A passive administrator to update the first page only? A moderator to ensure a sense of order in thread and titles? A way to make sure crap titles don't get through by his own judgment as an appointed official?
Mostly 1, but a bit of 2. There are times the thread goes crazy, and the TF should step in, but let the thread flow.
3. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title recipients? 100 posts is still okay? 1 completed game? 1 year on site? No requirements?
Personally, I like no requirements. If people are okay with giving the title, why does it matter how many posts the player has? My biggest complaint of the 100+ rule was for Mish Mash players whose posts didn't have an official count.
4. What limits/restrictions need to be placed on title suggesters? One suggestion/week? No limit? Bannings from Title Fairy on repeated insulting titles?
No limit, but ban for problem users.
5. Should titles be on for the life of the account? Expand on what you feel to appropriate length of time before someone's title would be changed.
Life, but allow the title to be removed (by user choice) or changed (by thread choice).
6. Should titles be suggest by the community and then "accepted" by the person-in-question (for want of a better term), or should they be thrust upon them regardless of their thoughts on it? Of course, this links with "title fairy moderation of titles" as above.
It should always be the final choice of the user the title is for.
7. What do you see the Title Fairy Thread as? A spam thread? Srs Title Business? A place where you can post whatever without fear of moderation/incurring wrath?
Mostly Title Business, but definitely not held down that tightly.
8. What should a title be given
for
? Mafia games? Scumchat? GD?
Anything. Period.
9. Where do you want it? Site Ideas, Mafia Discussion, GD?
Want what? The thread or the title? Thread: General Discussion; Title: Anywhere.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.

Return to “Player Titles”