#2: a treatise on the random voting stage

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:28 am

Post by mykonian »

that is the "negative" approach. You could also take the "positive" approach and make sure information is created at the start of the game.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 am

Post by mykonian »

The Quintastic One wrote:The problem is, how does one start serious lines of questioning right out of the gate, without looking scummy in the process?

Example:

Person A, who doesn't want to do RVS, instead opts to start serious questions. But with a lack of a target or in need of clarification on a particular post, Person A is stuck with very little options. They can either discuss Mafia Theory right off the bat, or ask arbitrary questions regarding what a person's favorite role is, how they scumhunt, ect. ect. Neither of these work,
since discussing Mafia Theory with no basis for it gets ridiculed as posting fluff in order to seem active, and thus you are scum.
Or you ask questions of the latter and it seems like you're looking for players specific motives and tactics
so that you can hide better as scum by diverting their scumhunting strategies, and thus will still be called out as scummy.
Be like us, or you are scum.

I hate the RVS. One reason is I almost never come out of it without half of the game suspecting me. Meaning that I have tried quite a few tactics to try to skip it entirely: and you are right, there is almost no way to do this without half of the town suspecting you.

Just look at the bolded above. Since when is random voting better then posting fluff? Both times you are close to doing nothing. The second reason why question would be bad is even worse, although it is seen in games. Why is random voting protown? Questions have a much bigger potential, IMO.

You take the easy way. Be like them, and you'll have an easy start. In fact, you are just active lurking. Make a post that does what the town wants from you, wait a bit until a target is found, and then start scumhunting: you are trying to survive that phase, rather then finding scum, or said in another way:
you are playing like you would if you were scum
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”