Oman's Title Policy

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oman wrote:One of the cool things about Public asking for expressions of opinion on matters such as this is that when you're told you "can't" do something you've already done, it's very easy to say "you had your chance, mate."
Abuse of Power. No, seriously.
shaft.ed wrote:8. Titles should be given for whatever they want to be. Titles just happen. If it works it works.
Mr. Flay wrote:8. ...Name-based or avatar-based titles have to be exceptionally clever to make me approve of them.
yawetag wrote:8. Anything. Period.
TSQ wrote:8. Anything that is a relevent part of the posters personality.
Don't even ****ing ACT like people didn't voice their opinions; you're just deciding this by fiat, and a blanket statement at that. A simple "usually" would fix your rule with minimum fuss.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thank you for considering (and implementing) the change. I do think most pun/avi titles are dumb, but occasionally they shine. Like someone else said upthread, usually because they have some other element that makes them better than a straight pun, which is why your wording looked to me like a "no matter how good the title is, the presence of a pun will invalidate it". I'm glad your internal view was more nuanced than that.

Cheers.
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Player Titles”