Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Albert B. Rampage (1) -- My Milked Eek
RichardGHP (6) -- Porochaz, Faraday, bv310, NickF227, Pomegranate, boberz
bv310 (7) -- Papa Zito, Seraphim, Espeonage, farside22, curiouskarmadog, RichardGHP, Albert B. Rampage
Espeonage (2) -- Ojanen, dybeck
dybeck (1) -- Sando
NickF227 (2) -- Jahudo, Anon
Porochaz (1) -- Javert

Not voting: Nobody
20 alive, 11 to lynch.

Deadline: April 8th, 11 pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:08 am

Post by dybeck »

boberz wrote:I believe being called out on lurking acknowledging it and then lurking more is more scummy because it shows me that they are (less likely to be doing it for external reasons) therfore more likely to be doing it tactically, so it becomes more scummy.
Dybeck wrote:Once they're called on it, it's clear that their lurking is doing them no good, and is making them look scummier. What 'tactical' good would it do them in this instance to continue lurking?
boberz wrote:I dont know what tactical good it might do in this situation, or what they percieve the tactical good is in this situation, because I am not in their situation. But it is clear that there are tactical reasons to lurk and lots of them for scum, the percieved value may supercede that of whatever they are trying to hide or avoid. And with people questioning the tell it only amplifies this.
No, come on. You've made an accusation that someone is lurking after being called on it, for tactical reasons,
in this situation
. You're prepared to lynch upon it - can you elaborate? Or is this another thing you're going to have to retract?

At the very least, you need to
think
about what you're typing. To quote something as a stock "tell" without actually putting it into context and understanding how a scum would be using it
in this situation
just shows a laissez-faire attitude to scumhunting and makes it look like you're trying to get people on board an easy lynch without actually making a case that the voted individual is working to improve the cause of their mafia team.

And
that
, boberz,
is
something scum would do.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Page 22 and beyond..again reading while typing.

If Sera is scum, he needs an award.
Espeonage wrote:He was tunnelling and we were barely out of RVS.
What I had against Anon was how he said he had 3 suspects and went for the one with the most votes already on them.
"tunneling in RVS?" Fucking really?
Papa Zito wrote: I'm inherently suspicious of the <20 post crowd.
this is a lame post....can anyone explain why (hint: I can think of 3 reasons). Also it has nothing to do with his current vote.

Jahudo wrote: @CKD: Now that we knew you just think Richard is a bad player and best left to a vig or replacement, what was the purpose of partially calling for a policy lynch at the start of the day?

When did you change your mind in how to deal with him? Do you think its possible to separate Richard's bad play from scummy play?
you have been in this game for awhile. I have changed my vote a LONG time ago...why on page 24 are you asking this now?

I think it is obvious when I changed my mind. Richard is a bad player. even though I won the game that we were both town in, I felt he still REALLY hurt our chances. It was a random vote in the since that it was fucking day 1 and I had nothing to go on....I picked him (not so random) because of our history....so when I said part random part policy...I fucking meant part random part policy....I changed my mind when a.) I found someone I deemed scummy in this game and b.) when the wagon started on Richard for little to know reason.

Also I have never seen Richard as scum, so I cant answer.
farside22 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Unvote, vote bv

Completely useless and I rather he get lynched than Richard.
At this point they are both useless. .
this to include ABR
boberz wrote:I am not (edit scum) guys. And if I was ........
love comments like this.
RichardGHP wrote:ckd doesn't care about being funny.
hey, arent you suppose to be provided some content right now? Seems like you are keeping up with the game fine.
Anon wrote:boberz scream confused town trying to explain something he truly believed and failing in the attempt. stop wasting time with him.

The scumz lie between these guys:
bv, espeonage, nick, faraday, prob dybeck, and prob sando.
huh, I think I agree with statement....to make the net a little smaller...

I say BV, Nick, dybeck, MAYBE sando.

if I had money...I would bet on 2 scum (or scum variant) are bouncing around these 4

shit, like to throw Jahudo (gots the vibe, yo) in that pile too under MAYBE….guess I didn’t make the net smaller.

@ nick, are you a noob or are you an alt?
NickF227
NickF227
Townie
NickF227
Townie
Townie

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

Post by NickF227 »

Anon wrote:
NickF227 wrote:Okay, I cna't find the post, but I know farside asked me who was scummy, so...

I think both Richard and Albert are scummy. Albert is just dicking around, making inane posts, either he's scum or just doing it to be a douchebag.

And Richard...I suspect him, because when has he even acted pro-town?
Unvote Vote: Nick.

Even more sure than I am of bv.
On what grounds? You're an idiot.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:53 am

Nick, are you reading the game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Patrick »

Amished replaces My Milked Eek. Srsly.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Faraday »

sorry guys my laptop's fucking up all day and even posting the end game of my modded game was a pain in the ass.

will try and have content later if possible but it keeps going off while i'm trying to make a post.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Seraphim »

I can definitely see a case on Nick and would not be sorry if he were to be lynched. Same with Espeonage.

bv310 needs to be lynched.

Richard needs to post content.

Welcome to the game, Amished!

Other than that, there is really nothing that I feel is worth saying except that some people need to come out of their hideyholes and post, dammit.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:51 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Just got a wall of text done for other game yesterday, so I'll be doing this one today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Patrick wrote:Amished replaces My Milked Eek. Srsly.
cool, of course this means that MME is scum.

I think every time Amished replaces into a game that I am in..he is replacing scum...Amished..does this still hold true?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

curiouskarmadog wrote:

I think every time Amished replaces into a game that I am in..he is replacing scum...Amished..does this still hold true?
Like he is going to claim scum. :roll:

Not to mention that town tend to replace out more than scum do. Look at MME's ISO and decide for yourself, just my two cents.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

The pace of the game has really slowed down. That makes me feel good about the bv wagon.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Amished »

@CKD: Thank god it's not true this time. I've been so sick of being scum recently that I don't know what I'd do if I hit it again. Probably freak the hell out and claim miller just so I don't have to deal with fuck all later.

I'll try my best to read up tomorrow night (stupid Easter), just wanted to post that I'm here and gonna be pushing the pace, so the rest of you townies should be prepared.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Amished »

Ok, with my super duper scumhunting in the first 5 pages technique (similar to the 5 point palm exploding heart technique) I will

Unvote
Vote: Seraphim

while also wanting to vote for dybeck.

Sera is obviously scum and it should be clear from just the first 5 pages. dybeck is in the same scum-boat rowing on another oar.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Javert »

1.)
farside22, Post 670 wrote:If he believes the claim and believes bv310 will flip town why would he freek out being tied to someone he believes will flip town?
That was my whole point.
And my point is: even if you think somebody is town, would you want to be connected to them? If you think that is scummy, please explain why.

2.)
dybeck, do you think boberz' Post 640 was a “IIoA” Post?

3.)
curiouskarmadog, Post 677 wrote:
this is a lame post....can anyone explain why (hint: I can think of 3 reasons). Also it has nothing to do with his current vote.
Please fill in your own blanks.

4.)
Welcome to the game, Amished.
"I was born with scum like you."
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by dybeck »

Javert wrote:dybeck, do you think boberz' Post 640 was a “IIoA” Post?
Maybe! What's a "IIoA" post?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:09 am

Post by boberz »

dybeck wrote:
Javert wrote:dybeck, do you think boberz' Post 640 was a “IIoA” Post?
Maybe! What's a "IIoA" post?
lol, your just hoping I am scummy.

IIoA means information instead of analysis. It wasnt this and we have already been through this today.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 am

Post by dybeck »

I don't think that particular post enlightens us about boberz's alignment or that of anyone else.

I don't think tagging it as "IIoA" or anything else is very useful either. Others more au fait with the term might find it useful to do so, but I prefer to read the words in it...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 am

RichardGHP wrote:Just got a wall of text done for other game yesterday, so I'll be doing this one today.

RichardGHP wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:

Like he is going to claim scum. :roll:

Not to mention that town tend to replace out more than scum do. Look at MME's ISO and decide for yourself, just my two cents.
you better have more than two fucking cents coming.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 am

Javert wrote:
3.)
curiouskarmadog, Post 677 wrote:
Please fill in your own blanks.
I will, but you dont have any thoughts?
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Javert »

1.)
dybeck, Post 692 wrote:I don't think that particular post enlightens us about boberz's alignment or that of anyone else.

I don't think tagging it as "IIoA" or anything else is very useful either. Others more au fait with the term might find it useful to do so, but I prefer to read the words in it...
Given your Post 676, what do you think about Seraphim immediately labeling the post as "IIoA" in Post 642?

If you think the situation is different from from your Post 676, please differentiate them for me.

2.)
curiouskarmadog, I already commented on Papa Zito's activity check post in Post 565. Obviously, Papa Zito's number arbitrarily excluded persons at exactly 20 posts (Sando, Pomegranate), but that doesn't really concern me since any other number is just as arbitrary.

I do not think his statement was scummy; it just struck me as somewhat inconsiderate.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Seraphim »

Allow me clarify: when I labeled boberz's PBPA, I called it IIoA or "information instead of analysis" because I felt it was a term that covered what I was trying to convey.

bob's post is useless or IIoA or whatever not because it doesn't contain analysis(which technically, I guess it does) but because the post itself is useless without cross-checking Richard's actual posts with the PBPA. Sure, he does analyze the posts but it doesn't change anyone's mind on Richard...he has brought nothing new to the table precisely because PBPAs are bulky and difficult by nature. He doesn't link or quote posts, simply talks about them.

I am reminded of the play of a player named Lynch who would write walls upon walls of text that talked and talked and talked. He was scum. Pro-town is concise and PBPAs are anything but.

Perhaps I'm throwing around the term 'IIoA'. But I feel that boberz's post is useless regardless even if it isn't strict IIoA.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Amished »

Well, my two candidates are still scum based on posts made since last night.

I'd really like to get a wagon going on either of them right now instead of anybody else; but that being said I haven't seen much else yet.

CKD, Javert, Ojanen and Papa Zito: What are the most significant parts of this game so far in each of your opinions?

Happy Easter!

No, my name is not "Ed."
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Javert »

1.)
Seraphim, I agree that boberz's post was unhelpful and difficult to read. But it is clearly stating an opinion and giving commentary. When you labeled it as IIoA, you were basically calling it scummy, and that is made obvious since you quipped "thanks for confirming your alignment, scum."

My
point is that I do not find that particular post
scummy
, and I do not understand why you seem to think it is.

There is a difference between Town, Pro-Town, Anti-Town, and Scummy. Please try to differentiate between them -- if you aren't used to doing that, I ask that you humor me.

Succinctness if done correctly may be pro-town, but it does not make a player town. PBPAs if done incorrectly can be anti-town, but it does not make a player scum. Right now you seem to be lumping Anti-Town with Scummy, and Pro-Town with Town.

2.)
Amished, the most "significant" parts of the game are obviously the wagons on RichardGHP and bv310; much of the game spirals around those wagons, and they tend to divide opinions. I think boberz may be a third subject that is likely to draw lines between players, but that subject is only starting to bud.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:20 am

Post by dybeck »

Javert wrote:
1.)
dybeck, Post 692 wrote:I don't think that particular post enlightens us about boberz's alignment or that of anyone else.

Given your Post 676, what do you think about Seraphim immediately labeling the post as "IIoA" in Post 642?

If you think the situation is different from from your Post 676, please differentiate them for me.
I don't mean to be unhelpful or to sit on the fence. I just get the impression that "IIoA" is a label that's applied to posts when people (both town and scum) are trying to pigeon-hole posts into scummy envelopes. I haven't come across the term in any of my previous games (to the best of my recollection) so I don't feel like it's worthwhile for me to say whether it falls under this umbrella.

I don't think that it was informative, nor that it showed a great deal of analysis. I don't know that the post in question particularly adds to the case against boberz. Having said that, I still think there's a reasonable chance that he's scum, and I'd be very happy with a boberz lynch - much happier than I would be with a bv or Richard lynch.

Post #676 pretty much sums up the things that bug me the most about boberz, and I don't think boberz has done anything to answer the points in it, despite having been back and posting since then.

Btw...
unvote, vote: Boberz

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”