farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:57 am

Post by farside22 »

Sando wrote:This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Enough people are basically saying that Richard is an obvious scum-BW and trying to derail the wagon based on this, that if we follow the logic, if we lynch Richard now and find out his alignment 100%, then we basically have the game in the bag. Why do I doubt any of those are willing to actually put their money where their mouth is?

Really and how is that? If a many people feel that richard is just a VI why do that lynch?
This reads like a person willing to do a mislynch. 10 to 1 one of the 4 people sando just listed is scum with him. My money is on dybeck.

People I would vote on dybeck, pom, bv and Sando.
Bv has gone to lurker mod.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

RichardGHP (7) -- Porochaz, Faraday, bv310, NickF227, Pomegranate, boberz, Sando
bv310 (5) -- Papa Zito, Seraphim, Espeonage, curiouskarmadog, Anon
Espeonage (1) -- Ojanen
Seraphim (1) -- Javert
boberz (2) -- dybeck, RichardGHP
Pomegranate (4) -- farside22, Albert B. Rampage, Jahudo, Amished

Not voting: Nobody
20 alive, 11 to lynch.

Deadline: April 8th, 11 pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Jahudo »

Sando wrote:This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Enough people are basically saying that Richard is an obvious scum-BW and trying to derail the wagon based on this, that if we follow the logic, if we lynch Richard now and find out his alignment 100%, then we basically have the game in the bag. Why do I doubt any of those are willing to actually put their money where their mouth is?
Does scum-BW mean scum-driven bandwagon?
That logic is weak if there is more than one mafia.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Faraday »

oh god this is so frustrating i can barely stay logged on long enough to read a page.

anyway here's what i've gleaned so far

Okay so I still think Richard could be scum, but in the absence of that let's look at other players.

I think prozac's been very reactive. Basically what I mean by that is he's mostly responding to things directly aimed at him, and doing very little else. Almost everything he's said has been sparked by someone else. His first well lots of posts are mostly fluff and mafia theory. There's a lot of words in iso 14 but it's more-so him explaining his playstyle.
Post iso 17 for prozac is similar. Looks impressive at a glance but there's really no meat to it. He then attacks people for going after lurkers; which is all well and good if yhou disagree with it, but surely there are other things you can be doing as well, if not you're as guilty as the lurkers of clogging up the thread. His iso 30 is fairly reasonable. From thne untill now most of his posts have been directly answering points raised against him. Not that he even has that many posts. Now there's nothing wrong with that, obviously but really, where's the scumhunting. He seems busy, but I'm not sure where his suspects lie atm (apart from his vote I guess).
Prozac who's your top 3 for scum at this stage and why? (maybe a sentence to quickly summarise your feelings, plz)

Other things: Amished's case on Seraphim is quite good, and I can buy that. I found seraphime's early game behaviour noteworthy. Essentially his exaggerations reluctance on who to vote, it loooked fake at the time and I think it makes a lot of sense from Seraphim scum POV.
Just to note, continually referring to someone as scum in second-person form ("You are scum, after all", "Alot of scum do this, you especially") is a VERY scum-like actio
n and town don't really do it at all. It's like boberz is so hellbent on a mislynch on me. I know for a fact that I am town, so logically I have slight suspicion of everyone on my wagon - but my boberz suspicion is legitimate and valid.
Do you honestlyu believe this? it's a gem of a post either way. I remember posting something like that, after a hammer as scum before, but it was only b/c it was a multi faction game. Either way I think it's Null. I wanted to read your most recent postssoon too.

Anyway probably town:
Amished
Papa Zito
Farside
Javert
Anon
Boberz (I find his defense of bv to be genuine and i don't see the scum motivation in it, so he's looking quite town)

CKD I'm leaning town on but I wish he'd post more, yeah pot and kettle and I know he's busy but still.

I'm also leaning town on Bv at this moment.

Espeonage has disappeared (flaked?)
Patrick could you prod him if you haven't
Oops never mind he declared V/La in his sig, but idk if that's up yet.

As for Pom, I went and re-read Opensource mafia modded by slysly (coney island) and I think her play there is fairly similar to here. I'd be happy voting her, she hasn't really done any scumhunting at all and I barely remember any stances of note she has. Now of course maybe I've a bad memory but that's not the case :P

N.b. apologised if the layout's a clusterfuck, i'm copying from notepad.

ABR I'm not sure if this has been asked, but do you generally distain Day 1 in games or is it something new you're trying (the closest we've come to playing is a Mokina haunted mansion game which was fun, but eh, it's not mafia :P)

I could go for a Pom wagon, I *guess* but I'd at least like to have enough time before deadline to move and shift the wagon depending on claims, etc.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I disdain this day in this particular game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Faraday »

Anon wrote:
And the separation begins. I see good cases against espeonage, dybeck, nick and pome. I wouldnt be surprised if most of them are scum. On the other hand, boberz and Seraphim are prob town, so I wont be supporting any of these.

Voting separation is good when we are away from deadline but right now we need to get a consensus besides the richard scummy wagon. Even If Im more sure about Nick being scum, we need to start getting together before its too late.
I agree w/r/t to the voting situation. I don't see the potential of dybeck being lynched - there doesn't appear to be enough support. I haven't noticed a whole lot from Nick, he appears quite newby, but I'll give him a read to see what I think.

I support a Pom or Richard lynch atm. Either of them works well. I can always get on my phone to switch and will be in college thursday so net access won't be a problem w/ vote switching at deadline (library closes @ 10 so it's fine)

EBWOP: okay cool albert.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Porochaz »

As the sites been a dick today, its going to have to wait till tomorrow/later on after a party (so if I do I will likely be drunk). Suffice to say I cant explicitly tell you who i think is scum without having reread. However previous reads emerge that Richard is top of the list, for a variety of reasons, bvs switch in views after the minimum of pressure was also highly suspect, MME is third as he is yet to make any meaningful post at all.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:46 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Amished wrote:CKD, Javert, Ojanen and Papa Zito: What are the most significant parts of this game so far in each of your opinions?
I feel bv made a true scumslip and must be lynched posthaste. His lurking just cements the feeling. That's #1.

Also, I have a very heavy scumread on Pom. That's #2. I mean, look at this:
Pomegranate wrote:Why? Please explain how you feel about lynching him once he claimed PR.
This kind of stuff doesn't even make sense.

Richard is either scum or VI or 3rd party or whatever. Regardless he needs to die. That's #3.

I will happily lynch any of those three, preferably in that order.

Lately the game feels like a lot of filler as people maneuver around and see which wagon becomes a clear favorite. That tells me the scum aren't happy with (at least) one of the wagons. Also the attempted counterwagon on boberz (townread now) points that way too.
Seraphim wrote:Alright. Show me an example of a PBPA that was helpful to town.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 62#1720862
Jahudo wrote:Can you show examples of what BV's "scum slip and fakeclaim" posts would look like if they got the same information across but were made by town?
Er. What?
farside wrote:Do you believe him?
If he's vanilla, then he's a goon.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Jahudo »

How would a townie write these posts?
bv310 wrote:
Espeonage wrote:Papa Zito is vig
Holy rolefishing, Batman!

Seriously, what possible benefit is there to announcing it? If he is, then now he's been outed. If he isn't, then odds are he'll be NK'd and we lose a valuable townie.
bv310 wrote:I don't have one to show you, Faraday. I seem to be a magnet for VT roles.
@Porochaz: Amished replaced MME.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Papa Zito »

bv310 wrote:
Espeonage wrote:Papa Zito is vig
Holy rolefishing, Batman!

Seriously, what possible benefit is there to announcing it?
aka, no need to speculate, especially when chastising someone else for doing so.
bv310 wrote:I don't have one to show you, Faraday.
Though this has been cleared up already.
Kappa
Just Monika
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Seraphim »

Given that deadline is in two days, I suggest all town players get on a bv310 lynch. Scum, you can vote whoever, I really don't give a fuck.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

^^Goodposting.
Kappa
Just Monika
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Also, happy scumday, Zito Daddy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 am

Post by farside22 »

bv310 or Pom. Lets pick one and go. Sando's post makes me feel richard is more likely VI or third party. That last post really struck in a negative way on him..
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 am

Post by RichardGHP »

I don't really get the Pom case. ISO has been down for me though..... meh.

Unvote Vote bv
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 am

Post by farside22 »

My Pom views:

Pom's vote here
Which calls out Anon and bv but votes for richard for what reason exactly?
Pom's reason's fleshed out here and how is this more scummy then bv exactly?
this is not true this in fact was when bv started getting the heat but richard still had more votes.
Pom following herebuddy and following
Pom buddying here

Based also on Pom's vote on richard I could see Pom/bv310 scum team even more now.
NickF227
NickF227
Townie
NickF227
Townie
Townie

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 am

Post by NickF227 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I disdain this day in this particular game.
Omw <3

Games that start on Day are annoying. Who even came up with it?

Oh, and since it is SO SCUMMY to be voting for Richard...

Unvote, Vote: bv
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, people voting Pom, we can lynch Pom tomorrow, bv lynch is today.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

I don't see any indication that Nick cares who the lynch is (vote for Richard for a figment of his imagination, vote bv for who knows what [he didn't use to find bv all that scummy]) and I'd be probably second most happy to lynch him.
My Esp vote is useless.
Isoing the wagoned people now.
Sando this was weird.
What do you mean by putting their money in the bag, lynching someone on the wagon? Or lynching someone they think is town?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:38 am

Post by boberz »

unvote vote bv
I cannot promise when I am on the next few days so I think this is a tad better than pom.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

Meh either one works and bv310 has gone over to lurkerville territory. If I'm right about the Pom connection this would seal the deal too.

unvote:
vote: bv310

L-3
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Sando »

Enough people have stated that Richard is VI and obviously being scum-driven that 1 of 2 situations appear to have come up:

1: Richard is VI, and it's strongly scum driven
2: Richard is scum, and scum are trying to derail the wagon with un-quantifiable statements like 'Richard is obviously VI'.

There has been little/no evidence for Richard being VI, yet people are deliberately trying to derail the wagon with this incredibly weak evidence. It's a classic case of derailing a wagon without really posting content and possibly get drawn into defending a partner.

By putting your money where your mouth is (is this another aussie-ism that I'm not aware of?), I mean that if you actually believe that Richard is VI and are prepared to actually defend him, either go for those on the wagon, or lynch him to prove your point and then kill those on the wagon. Don't just blindly throw out accusations that require no thought and no responsibility, it's freaking annoying.

It's all talk, no action. And I get angry at people making blanket statements that they have no intention of backing up or taking responsibility for.

We have ~48 hours till deadline? Can't guarantee I'll be around for it.

Unvote, Vote: BV
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Sando: Way to ignore the meta talks on Richard in all that chatter. Also you think players not voting for someone they read as VI should be done to clear up the matter? Seriously?
Why?
I want to know why you think I should vote for a VI and if you believe all that why switch your vote to bv?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Ojanen »

I didn't understand boberz' vote switch from Richard if the motivation is purely wagon situation. It was 6-6 before he changed I think?
I'm late with this with the momentum seemingly turning but
vote: Pomegranate

Reads currently as scummiest out of her, bv, Richard.
Been careful with this one because I've seen her seem pseudo-involved in another game where she was mislynched as town D1. But she seems somewhat worse than that to me here with the uninvolved questions.
Her Richard vote is a weirdly delayed reaction - first agrees with Seraphim that Richard should be pressured but not lynched and keeps her random vote, then seven pages later suddenly votes him for the earlier reaction while mostly bringing up points about others.
bv lynch is passable, but having read his early iso again I'm not crazy about it.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by boberz »

I have realised that there is not support to be harvested for a Richard lynch today so I am moving on to someone else. Much too tired to formulate a post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”