farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:NO SHIT YOU ARE UNENTHUSIASTIC. ITS BECAUSE FUCKING ASSHOLES WONT LYNCH POM.
Not going to do it. I don't like your tunneling.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Ojanen »

Here's what I think about Pom:

-This loss of momentum/other scumhunting having chance of actually being lynch-dangerous due to a big enough block of people intent on lynching Pom NOW is harmful to drag out
-In the site meta the usually strategically sound thing for scum to claim is something that is usually strategically sound for town to leave alive for a couple of days (and this whole debate is that in a condensed form I guess)
-Oct. 1 2009 Pom voted in a MD poll asking for advice for off-site modded ongoing game that if the hider targets the SK and SK targets the hider due to a busdriver, then action resolution is that SK accidentally kills himself because the hider hid behind him, plus the hider dies because the person he hid behind is killed that night.
1) She answered not-according-to-mafiascum-sitemeta, imo
2) But the act of answering the scenario shows familiarity/confidence with the concept of a hider.
I'm trying to get to whether she was genuinely confused about her role. Claiming confusion, coming from her, stroke me namely as a bambi batting eyelashes - false. (Same problem to lesser degree with not breadcrumbing target, because it's essential to the role.)
-The usefulness of her role, if real, is compromised by her not being able to breadcrumb anymore and to a lesser degree somewhat compromised by being known due to the existing if not terrible likely possibility of roleblocking, redirecting.
-I think that she has a good chance of turning up scum due to both her play, the claim, lesser degree Zito flip.
-The benefits of leaving her alive for a couple of days if town do not outweigh the bog this game is in currently imo, with no other candidate getting consensus in sight even.

-I have a nagging pattern feeling there are several players I have thought scummy otherwise that are just outliers to the wagon criticizing it that would not fit as scumbuddies for Pom but would fit as scum positioning themselves for town lynch, I wanna check that.
-I want to see Porochaz's case on Richard promised for (rl) today before a lynch happens and whether he strikes me as genuine there. (I liked what Javert was doing with him.)

I will likely vote Pom to L-1 after Prozac posts, unless the second last point strikes me as very blatant on review now.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Espeonage wrote:Trends are a natural part of mafia. Momentum is what drives discussion.
BUT
when we wait so long to lynch someone scummy we forget why they were scummy. Pom was always going to be the lynch today but because nobody has gotten off their asses to make this lynch happen we are losing it and letting Pom get away.
There are two problems with this post:

1. Espeonage is scum.
2. He always talks about "why Pom is scummy", yet has never explained why he thinks that I'm scum other than "Um... I'm voting you because of what
he
said. Yeah, that's why.."
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Ojanen wrote:Here's what I think about Pom:

-This loss of momentum/other scumhunting having chance of actually being lynch-dangerous due to a big enough block of people intent on lynching Pom NOW is harmful to drag out
-In the site meta the usually strategically sound thing for scum to claim is something that is usually strategically sound for town to leave alive for a couple of days (and this whole debate is that in a condensed form I guess)
-Oct. 1 2009 Pom voted in a MD poll asking for advice for off-site modded ongoing game that if the hider targets the SK and SK targets the hider due to a busdriver, then action resolution is that SK accidentally kills himself because the hider hid behind him, plus the hider dies because the person he hid behind is killed that night.
1) She answered not-according-to-mafiascum-sitemeta, imo
2) But the act of answering the scenario shows familiarity/confidence with the concept of a hider.
I'm trying to get to whether she was genuinely confused about her role. Claiming confusion, coming from her, stroke me namely as a bambi batting eyelashes - false. (Same problem to lesser degree with not breadcrumbing target, because it's essential to the role.)
-The usefulness of her role, if real, is compromised by her not being able to breadcrumb anymore and to a lesser degree somewhat compromised by being known due to the existing if not terrible likely possibility of roleblocking, redirecting.
-I think that she has a good chance of turning up scum due to both her play, the claim, lesser degree Zito flip.
-The benefits of leaving her alive for a couple of days if town do not outweigh the bog this game is in currently imo, with no other candidate getting consensus in sight even.

-I have a nagging pattern feeling there are several players I have thought scummy otherwise that are just outliers to the wagon criticizing it that would not fit as scumbuddies for Pom but would fit as scum positioning themselves for town lynch, I wanna check that.
-I want to see Porochaz's case on Richard promised for (rl) today before a lynch happens and whether he strikes me as genuine there. (I liked what Javert was doing with him.)

I will likely vote Pom to L-1 after Prozac posts, unless the second last point strikes me as very blatant on review now.
Yes, I'm familiar with Hiders, and I was before this game. But my weak mode isn't technically a hider. So I was confused.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Ojanen »

Confusion bog. You originally thought the weak mode was the standard hider.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Yes, because it made much more sense. But then I rechecked since I was claiming, and I got confused again.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Ojanen »

Hey Pom, why did you ask from me specifically at one point today when you were getting wagoned whether I think you're scummy?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Pomegranate »

IIRC, it was because you made no real stance on me.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Espeonage and Pom are both scum. We kill one and we kill the other. Thanks for playing.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Jahudo »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Espeonage and Pom are both scum. We kill one and we kill the other. Thanks for playing.
Espy was one of her top three from yesterday. While I can see how it looks like it could be scum trying to distance, I don't think she can be scum with BV and Espy. And if she's scum, Richard is def. town.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

wait, what?
Pomegranate wrote:No, never played with a hider before. It's not extremely common, .
Pomegranate wrote: Yes, I'm familiar with Hiders, and I was before this game. But my weak mode isn't technically a hider. So I was confused.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Amished »

LaL.

Lynch. Now.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am

Jahudo wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Espeonage and Pom are both scum. We kill one and we kill the other. Thanks for playing.
Espy was one of her top three from yesterday. While I can see how it looks like it could be scum trying to distance, I don't think she can be scum with BV and Espy. And if she's scum, Richard is def. town.
Well you are wrong.
curiouskarmadog wrote:wait, what?
Pomegranate wrote:No, never played with a hider before. It's not extremely common, .
Pomegranate wrote: Yes, I'm familiar with Hiders, and I was before this game. But my weak mode isn't technically a hider. So I was confused.
She meant that she was familiar with hiders before this game. Don't try to reverse your position on a technicality like this.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 am

Post by boberz »

I can see Pom with Esp. That whole thing about forgetting why she is scummy just seems like an excuse to bus and I generally dont like the way this game has stalled.

vote pom
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Amished »

Oh, Sera asked me a question, I knew there was something I was forgetting:

There are more pressing matters to me right now. You're still on my radar, but Pom is easier scum; and this way I have more time to evaluate you.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Pomegranate (9) -- RichardGHP, Seraphim, Espeonage, Anon, Amished, Albert B. Rampage, Jahudo, Sando, boberz
Porochaz (1) -- Javert
Espeonage (1) -- Pomegranate
NickF227 (1) -- Ojanen
Sando (1) -- curiouskarmadog
Faraday (1) -- dybeck
RichardGHP (1) -- Porochaz
Ojanen (1) -- farside22

Not voting: Faraday, NickF227
18 alive, 10 to lynch.

Deadline: 1st of May
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Sando »

curiouskarmadog wrote:noted both sando and ABR scoot around the question....
Sando wrote:
You do realise that I agree with 90% of what you're saying about Pom right? I simply assume that since you so enjoyed accusing me of not reading the thread that you at least knew my position on this.
big difference, you are voting her.

just curious who else you think is scum, and why lynching Pom today over anyone else you think is scum is so important.

what if you could lynch me today...would you do that instead?
I would now you misrepping scum. Accusing me of dodging the question?! You asked if I'd find you more scummy based on Pom's flip either way, and whether the exchange to that point made you scummier in my eyes, and I quite clearly said 'Nope' and then explained why. Claiming that I dodged the question is a complete lie.

Yes, I'm voting her, and have stated why. Espeonage is scummy, I was pushing that wagon, it never got going. I went after Dybeck, that never got going. Are you actually reading the game?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ckds post 1186. hider is a well known role even if you havent played with it before.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
NickF227
NickF227
Townie
NickF227
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by NickF227 »

Nick, this is obscure but actually fairly relevant to my vote on you: do you play mafia somewhere else than here? And if yes, what's the place called (I don't know if links to other mafia sites are allowed anywhere on mafiascum but some name with I could find it by googling)?
I've played a few other places....but they aren't like dedicated mafia boards, just other boards that just randomly had a few mafias and I played. And I played on some flash site, I forget what it was called but it was a site where you amateur dev's could make crappy MMOGs with the site's system and a mafia game was really popular.

The first two are one's where you have to register to view them, but if you still want them, I can give them to you.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Sando wrote:Are you actually reading the game?
Let me answer that for CKD: No, he is not reading the game. He asked me who else I suspected. LOL

/13 pages ago
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Porochaz »

To all players
What has ABR done within this game, yes he has made 85 posts, but lets take out the "lynch Pom, lulz" and "lookie here, this is who I think is scum" your left with at most 3/4 posts. No reasoning why, no case, just pure crap, we got onto him about it day 1, for not doing much but looking through it he hasnt done anything day 2, he has just sat back and shouted POM! LYNCH! every so often, whether much can be done beyond discuss whether we believe the claim or not is debatable but at least other players are discussing options rather than try and derail every attempt at discussion we have.

vote ABR

Oh and because I promised and because Ive started it now, Im going to post that Richard case up tomorrow. I don't know if I will have changed my mind by then but an ABR case seems like a better choice at this moment.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wait, what?
I think that others have mentioned it, but it's possible to be familiar with a role without having played with one. For example, I've never played with a naive cop, but I know what a naive cop
is
. Got it?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Amished »

Pom: It's still not that hard to figure out a good strategy/tactic with common roles. If you're unsure, then you can look at how other people played said *common* roles. You using ignorance is not an excuse to not know how to play.

Also, Porochaz still not wanting to hammer Pome? Seriously? If there hasn't been somebody as scummy as Pom around I'm sure he'd do more. However, we have caught scum, what more do you need from a slot other than voting it?

No, my name is not "Ed."
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You know what ABR. I really wish you were right. I love playing as scum and haven't been since I started on this site. I am quite dissapointed to be perfectly honest.

Come tomorrow if you lynch me you will realise that you do have some good ideas but don't trust them all. Pom is scum. That much is obvious from her actions yesterday and tangled feet over her fakeclaim today. I on the other hand am not scum. If I were I definantly would have been more interested in this game. It is my worst tell. The more active I am the more likely I have a PR or am scum. And do you really think that if I were bussing that I would have rode this lynch out even when it was starting to head towards a derail.

btw porochaz is scum. i can feel it in my gut.
Don't @ me.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Javert »

... curiouskarmadog, please answer my question.
"I was born with scum like you."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”