RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't agree to that.

I'm here to have fun, and hopefully win, not to win, and hopefully have fun. If I wanted to play "no discussion, just vote", I'd be playing more EpicMafia.

I have faith that the guard unit can win the good ol' fashioned way.

Now, who here's with me?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't see it as anti-town in this setup.

I see it as pro-wanting-to-play-the-game-and-not-just-rushing-through-the-game-to-get-the-win-because-the-win-is-ultimately-all-that-matters-not-the-experience-of-the-game-itself.

Sure, I could just vote myself, but then why did any of us bother to sign up in the first place? Seriously, ask yourself that before you make this decision.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

SAMP! 9 wrote:Random voting scum in a game with only one scum is an awesome feeling!
I'm no Mad Cool Ballin' King, but I have a coin in my pocket that I can flip if I wanted to play random guessing. I don't even need an Internet connection for it either. :D

---
The Colonel 14 wrote:I signed here to play with a bunch people I played with before and had fun (incidentally both of those people are already on 'against' side of this discussion). Coin flip is not fun.
Me too!

---
XScorp 15 wrote:Simply by voting for me you guys have already hinted that I'm not the king.
Do you think the guard unit would never vote the king during the game?
XScorp 16 wrote:Please don't give the assassin tips.
That would mean you think the Colonel isn't the Assassin?

---
zora 21 wrote:But i'll note that that's NOT what Scorpion did. Instead, what he did was ask if OTHERS were interested. This is an interesting ploy. It seems to me that if he were really interested in doing this, he would do a dice roll rather than make it non-random. Because so long as it's NOT random, we're defeating the purpose of not giving the assassin information AND we potentially letting the assassin drive a lynch (though this is only bad insofar as he's not the one being lynched).
I agree, and I'm glad you brought this up. I was surprised when XScorp didn't use dice tags, and I'm wondering why that is.
XScorp 22 wrote:Except you miss the INCREDIBLY GLARING FLAW in the case I rolled a die and the die said to lynch the king. Hence die roll doesn't work. Way to completely not think about this.
Well, it wouldn't be a straight system of having one 8-sided die, imo.

It would be deliberately more vague than that so that the guard unit could talk their way out of it if necessary (e.g. a different player rolls x number of dice with x sides on it every day, making it sound as though it's a fair shake when in reality the King wouldn't be a possibility).

Granted, that's not really random either, but the idea zora is getting at is that you, XScorp, can't just pick our lynches lest you be the Assassin.
XScorp 25 wrote:Just a pro-tip to town: Try to talk less, and don't give so much away to the assassin next time ok? We've already screwed up day one by practically confirming I'm not the king, so please stop making stupid mistakes like this.
Why do you play mafia, XScorp?

Additionally, I don't know how conclude that your role is confirmed. I think it would be a good idea, personally, for the King to lead the lynches each day. Then again, I think that would be a good Assassin move, too. XD

Vote: OpposedForce
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

XScorp, I think you underestimate the guard unit in this game.

What if I were to contend the town was better poised to trick the Assassin through cunning rhetoric than through "random" (read: biased) quick lynching? Would you think I was naive?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

...For King... and... country...

*dies*

Good game, everybody; I wish we would've got to play longer! Thanks to the Mod.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, the whole idea is that we aren't robots, Sens.

I don't get what the point of mafia is if you aren't interested in playing the game? If you want to play a probability simulator, then flip a coin and try to guess the outcome.

If you don't talk, you don't necessarily win either. It's not even as though it's a game breaking strategy, because the Assassin still gets a shot when he dies.

Return to “Completed Open Games”