Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Ojanen »

##vote: Jack

So, which alignment do you guys personally prefer and why did you choose town?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Ojanen »

Jack, why are you assuming non-hostile other=cult?
Parama, spell it out.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Ojanen »

Parama wrote:Oj's 2nd question = implying she's town while looking for the most likely townies based on responses, hence why I'm not answering the questions
Lolwut?
My question assumed noone would wanna claim scum or other at this point. I'm town but where in my post did I imply that?
Do you think it's somehow bad to possibly uncover other-aligned people at this stage or what the hell is your objection based on?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Ojanen »

VP wrote:Also, please answer your own question.
Vastly prefer town for the freedom. I get a perfectionistic "this is mine to lose for my team" feeling as scum and posting is work, no fun. Besides, solving>pulling a leg. Briefly considered other for the off-chance I might get a one-woman wincon which could be fun to try but then thought even being a mason in F&E caused me to stress and clog up with posting, not worth the risk.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Ojanen »

Hey Parama, this was sufficiently terrible that "it was RVS" isn't enough to address it for me, please answer:
Ojanen wrote:
Parama wrote:Oj's 2nd question = implying she's town while looking for the most likely townies based on responses, hence why I'm not answering the questions
Lolwut?
My question assumed noone would wanna claim scum or other at this point. I'm town but where in my post did I imply that?
Do you think it's somehow bad to possibly uncover other-aligned people at this stage or what the hell is your objection based on?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Ojanen »

Parama wrote:I know everyone would answer town but you're looking for the most sincere responses so you can figure out who's lying and who's not. Is that a better explanation?
LOL!
You are describing town's objective in mafia.
Why is it harmful to answer my question?!? Why was asking it scummy?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Parama, I'd rather not have to pull every answer to me out of you. Please answer:
Ojanen wrote:LOL!
RedCoyote:
What did you like about Parama's opening reasoning on me?
Looks to me you are confusing what farside was referencing with Parama's case, his vote wasn't on Jack.
Red wrote:I prefer mafia, but I chose town because I figured too many people would choose mafia.

Elaborate on this. Where you thinking altruistically of game balance or what? Why not choose other?
xvart wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:And Para is probably Town too.
And why is that? The rapid backpedaling? The meta vs no-meta arguments?
Ellibereth wrote:DGB from one the QT of ours ->
I have to agree... another SlySly... watch out if he seems townie!
^^^About reading Para.
I think he's town.
Wait... what? Did I miss something? You have a QT? When did town aligned peeps get QTs??
FoS: Ellibereth
FoS: DGB
This reads like fake indignation. Even the biggest VIs just aren't completely self-unaware and
their mafia qts accidentally. A question is understandable but the FoSses based on this seem off.
Why did you choose town, xvart?

##unvote
##vote: xvart
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Btw, I have town on Elli, Zorblag, VP, Llama, mayyybe DGB.

Also, calling Troll "Zorb" sounds like some kind of a violation.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Ojanen »

Sorry to be repetitive but PARAMA:
Ojanen wrote:Parama, I'd rather not have to pull every answer to me out of you. Please answer:
Ojanen wrote:LOL!
I like your recent posting a lot better even though I disagree on your main suspect. I still want to see your thought process though.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

*dances naked while playing la Marseillaise on trumpet in front of Parama*
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #10) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Ojanen »

LlamaFluff wrote:I see what DGB is talking about at apparently meta backs this up (?).
Not my meta, at least. Troll's style of thick, somewhat impenetrable posts is close to this regardless of alignment, at least from what I've seen.
"vote x for being the first one alphabetically by user name not to have posted yet.", for instance, is what he does as a policy in every game I've seen from him early D1. I don't love that practice but it's not an alignment tell. He came off as somehow amusingly teacherly with being particularly thrilled for everyone voting in the right format and to a lesser degree in some of the spelling information out, but again, I remember him like that regardless of alignment.
I thought his reason for picking town sounded genuine coming from what I think I know of him and gave me a healthy town vibe. That being said, it now comes to my mind, he's very much one for gaming the system and trying to exploit a setup. If his mafia win rate is ridiculously high (/er than town) I could see him treating that as a setup tool.
Troll - only thing I couldn't really decipher from your post: why did you think me asking the sort of questions I did fits what you know of me as town specifically?

xvart, to cut pointless going in circles in thread, Parama actually said one post after your original FoS on DGB/Elli that the qt mention was from their mafia 109 hydra.
You seem to have genuinely missed that but I just can't see that original suspicion as anywhere close to sincere.

Llama makes good points. xvart is the best wagon.

An obligatory :( or three for Parama for refusing to talk to me in any way but not interested in voting him atm.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #11) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Ojanen »

I'll post later properly, no time, but that Phate vote from RedCoyote has about the least conviction ever and I don't understand why he wanted to put it out. "Wagon seems a little arbitrary but lordie it is completely beyond me to defend lurkers, so bam me put down an eighth vote so he has more motivation to answer some questions." Strikes me as some sort of overcompensating.
RC wrote:Oh, no, I just thought the mafia would be gimped, subjected to a lot of restrictions, or there would be multiple mafia groups. That kind of takes the fun out of it, imo, because then it becomes a shooting match. I like a more intimate 2-3 person mafia team versus everyone else (e.g. Newbie or Mini games).

Can you still elaborate on the specific qualities you like about intimate mafia groups? Note from your wiki: your dislike for multiple groups does not seem to be based on first-hand experience, you've never drawn mafia in a large game.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #12) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Ojanen »

The UK-VP drama just makes me go wtf.
VP was being somewhat out-of-characteristically a total jerk to UK for that one comment to stop playing, I don't see any trigger that would even nearly warrant that rhetoric, like even nearly.
UK, you're just flat out wrong about answering VP's point about hypocriticism on supporting several answers. You didn't answer it. Continuing the insults chain is pointless.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #13) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Ojanen »

uhh answers=wagons in above post.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #14) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Red 310 wrote:xvart, Jack, farside, Gamma, and any of the lurkers (including Phate, Cobalt, pops, Jazzmyn, SttB) would be acceptable lynches for me at this point
Red 310 wrote:I don't really get what separates Phate from the others, especially to the degree that DGB and farside see it. They both strike me as though they see something that obviously sticks out. I don't, but I'm not opposed to a lurker lynch, especially on D1.
I still don't get why you sort of settle yourself to vote due to not opposing a lurker lynch because others see something, when apparently xvart, Jack, farside and Gamma have some action that you actually feel is tangibly scummy. Especially when one of the people "obviously seeing something that sticks" is on your scum list.
Why did you choose Phate over xvart, when both had wagons?

I, too, found pops' only post to be not believable.
Even the "I'm late cause I thought I had to confirm to zoraster and wait to post until he says I can play" opening is just really weird from an experienced/smart guy. I don't know why he chose to go on about it for no benefit but the dice rolling sounds very fake, especially with number of mafia adjusted down when he prefers mafia.

I didn't really get the Phate wagon. I thought the reason he now went into detail on DGB's "case" on Zorblag was natural, because he was attacked over his earlier comment on it. That being said, Jack meta from 2007 is busyworkish to me. That's long enough ago that the basic assumption almost should be that the play is likely different no matter what.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #15) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Ojanen »

Yeah, what is this Gamma qt business?
RedCoyote wrote: Her argument against Parama was weak and late to the table, basically that Parama is scum because he is pushing the idea that he loves to be town. So what, you may say, if it gets a little discussion going? Well, the next part is that Parama tells farside that she's bandwagonning. farside essentially says that's not true, without bothering to check it out. Parama points to votes that were on him beforehand, and farside said that she missed one of them and one doesn't count.
So, ultimately, I think farside was just trying to slip her vote in for Parama and stir up trouble without really looking into it. If she really thought that Parama was lying to her, why didn't she just go back and verify it herself?
Red, you're wrong on your first sentence, farside's argument was that Parama is scum because he was pushing a terribad argument about me being scum because I asked people to tell why they picked town.
I don't get why you don't think she really thought she was the first on Parama and forgot the page 1 votes. Why deliberately fake something so easily checkable and so obviously counter-arguable.

Also, damn. Every time I go back to the early game, it irritates the crap out of me again that Parama flat out refuses to talk to me about why (direct quote): "you're looking for the most sincere responses so you can figure out who's lying and who's not [about being town]" is scummy and why said he decided to overall ignore me based on this.

Irritates the CRAP out of me.

COWARD
COWARD

COWARD!
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #16) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Ojanen »

VP picked town, I'm pretty sure.

He completely reads as legitly RL stressed/issued. Everything about his reason for picking town because it takes less time to dedicate is plausible to my perception of him. I'm pretty sure I've seen him describe an anti-town win as a lot of effort, he didn't look at the player list when he was picking, his meta of recent months supports the fact that he has less time for mafia overall.
His normal cuddliness has been out-of-character low. Now he is contemplating replacing out [I've never ever seen him do that] and he hasn't been inclined to care about the game.
There's even the moody drunk post.
I mean damn, I'm inclined to say something like take care to him.

Parama wrote:this game needs more excitement, I don't even feel like playing anymore.

*whine complain BAAAAW BAAAAW*
COWARD
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #17) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:53 am

Post by Ojanen »

VP picked town, I'm pretty sure.

He completely reads as legitly RL stressed/issued. Everything about his reason for picking town because it takes less time to dedicate is plausible to my perception of him. I'm pretty sure I've seen him describe an anti-town win as a lot of effort, he didn't look at the player list when he was picking, his meta of recent months supports the fact that he has less time for mafia overall.
His normal cuddliness has been out-of-character low. Now he is contemplating replacing out [I've never ever seen him do that] and he hasn't been inclined to care about the game.
There's even the moody drunk post.
I mean damn, I'm inclined to say something like take care to him.

Parama wrote:this game needs more excitement, I don't even feel like playing anymore.

*whine complain BAAAAW BAAAAW*
COWARD
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #18) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Ojanen »

Parama, to satisfy my curiosity/annoyance, can you confirm that the relatively far-fetched idea that you have some kind of a posting restriction to replying to me is false?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #19) » Mon May 10, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Ojanen »

popsofctown wrote:That game was over a year ago. No, I didn't remember, and I suppose used the wrong seed. I must have used a player list that didn't include endgamed players.
Where exactly did you get the playerlist from?
pops wrote:The attacks against me for using a number generator and announcing it aren't very alignment grounded. I want to self-preserve, no matter what my alignment is. No matter what my alignment is, a player who knows me well would have expected me to select scum. So no matter what my alignment is, it's in my best interest to explain that I used a random process to generate my alignment, and now it's all up to them to scumhunt as best they can.
You want to preserve regardless of alignment, I get that. No matter what your alignment, you thought it was in your best interest to explain you used random numbers, mmkay.
But what on earth was your motivation in actually following through with using the random numbers? Why not just say you did, and take the anti-town alignment you prefer regardless? When you especially hate getting mislynched as town anyway?
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #20) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Ojanen »

Cool. I'm rolling with pops town with that reaction.
(his answer to me was authentic seeming, too.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”