Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 am

Post by xvart »

Parama wrote:Anyone who understands how I play knows my alignment.
Woah. Talk about the biggest load of WIFOM right out of the gate.

##Vote: Parama

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #1) » Mon May 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by xvart »

Parama wrote:I have yet to read a post by VP that I like. I just get a terrible gut feel from every one of his posts, and the logic is shallow, almost like he's not trying.
Why would you lead your case on gut, then follow with shallow logic? Wouldn't you want to lead with your most credible evidence (i.e. shallow posts) and then follow up with the less substantiated personal feelings of his posts?
Ellibereth wrote:And Para is probably Town too.
And why is that? The rapid backpedaling? The meta vs no-meta arguments?
Ellibereth wrote:DGB from one the QT of ours ->
I have to agree... another SlySly... watch out if he seems townie!
^^^About reading Para.

I think he's town.
Wait... what? Did I miss something? You have a QT? When did town aligned peeps get QTs??

FoS: Ellibereth
FoS: DGB

Parama wrote:A guess based on my role PM.
I don't see a town aligned person getting a role pm that gives an indication of town population makeup.
Jack wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote: @Jack: Why would you
waste a post
pointing out something as obvious as that? Further, you don't even answer why you assumed other was cult...
Are you asking if I have a post restriction?
Jack's post makes me a little uneasy. That is a pretty far fetching conclusion.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Mon May 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:What was the conclusion?
That he was fishing for possible post restrictions?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #3) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Nice. There are so many reasons that's a terrible post, at least regarding DGB and Ellibereth. Are you even TRYING to find scum? I shall await their response to the accusation though.
How is it a terrible post with regards to DGB and Ellibeth? Especially since you are awaiting a response. You must find something in there intriguing or noteworthy. Care to clarify your stance?
Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:

xvart.
Are you asking him? Can't you be sure in your own reasoning?
Seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious conclusion so I left the statement open ended with a question mark to be corrected as necessary.
Parama wrote:God I wish I was a dayvig
Or you wish you had any town aligned role right now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Mon May 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Nice. There are so many reasons that's a terrible post, at least regarding DGB and Ellibereth. Are you even TRYING to find scum? I shall await their response to the accusation though.
How is it a terrible post with regards to DGB and Ellibeth? Especially since you are awaiting a response. You must find something in there intriguing or noteworthy. Care to clarify your stance?
Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:

xvart.
Are you asking him? Can't you be sure in your own reasoning?
Seriously? I thought it was a pretty obvious conclusion so I left the statement open ended with a question mark to be corrected as necessary.
Parama wrote:God I wish I was a dayvig
Or you wish you had any town aligned role right now?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #5) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:19 am

Post by xvart »

Ojanen wrote:This reads like fake indignation. Even the biggest VIs just aren't completely self-unaware and
their mafia qts accidentally. A question is understandable but the FoSses based on this seem off.
So who would openly claim QT on day one? And why hasn't there been any response yet? That is suspicious.
Ojanen wrote:Why did you choose town, xvart?
I chose town because I wouldn't want to get stuck with lyncher/jester role as other and I prefer the problem solving aspect of town as opposed to manipulation aspect of scum.
Parama wrote:Yeah it was totally not serious in case you missed it.
Though I would raise the "Other" count to 5 in retrospect.
If you weren't serious then why did you say you had role info to indicate otherwise?
Parama wrote:
imaginality wrote:Does that apply near deadline too?
In fact, it does! I just don't feel like being on wagons that are obviously wagons on townies.
It helps to know for sure who all the townies are, doesn't it?
charter wrote:The role you get is random, I know since I asked Spyrex to be a paranoid day cop no less than three times. I didn't get it.
While I agree with your conclusion of roles being random (within each grouping), I don't think your reasoning is valid.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 am

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Ahahahahahaha, nice try. I want them to respond first.
I'm not asking you to clarify your feelings on the situation. I'm asking why you seem to think it is so terrible (as in not scum hunting) yet so interested in the response.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #7) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:59 am

Post by xvart »

LlamaFluff wrote:Tries to call parama scummy for building a case that had sub-optimal ordering of points
I'm not trying to call him scum based on that, at all. I've already called him scum. His post reads like his defense is all gut, with an afterthought to the shallow logic. That is not even close the defining scum characteristic.
LlamaFluff wrote:Even ignoring heavy neighbor/mason fishing, this is amazingly ignorant. It first off ignores the fact that an Eli-scum would claim to have a QT, then passes up the simplest solution that it comes from a past game.
You don't find it suspicious at all that someone would claim a QT in the first day? Does it come from a past game? I don't know. I find it difficult to believe that a mason would claim a QT and a mason partner in the first five pages for the exact same reason I find it hard to believe that anyone would claim a QT in the first five pages: it negates the whole purpose of having a QT. That is suspicious. They may not be mafia but I highly doubt at this point that they share the town win condition.
LlamaFluff wrote:Apparently is still convinced that Eli-DGB are scum yet is not voting them, wants paramarama lynched for some reason. Probably because he is looking like an easy mislynch that is starting to gain "is town" opposition, scary for scum.
As much as it appears to me that you are trying to undermine my priorities and voting behavior I believe I have been pretty clear. Parama is scum (hence the vote) and Elli and DGB is suspicious (hence the Finger of
Suspicion
).
LlamaFluff wrote:
Parama wrote:Yeah it was totally not serious in case you missed it.
Though I would raise the "Other" count to 5 in retrospect.
If you weren't serious then why did you say you had role info to indicate otherwise?
Guess =/= role information, guess based on wording =/= role information, anything with the word "guess" =/= word information. Thats called speculation.
And speculation in any other game is completely different from speculation in this game, where people got to select what faction they wanted to be on. Anyone who says there are 6 scum in the game and 4 other sided (in a game where people picked their side), then says it is a "guess" based on role PM clearly has at least a little more information than an uninformed minority.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by xvart »

Gammagooey wrote:I think xvart has some damn good points against him with his attack on Parama that points out the order of his reasoning of all things and his obsession with a quicktopic that isn't even in this game.
Am I totally blind or what? Where was this said??

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #9) » Wed May 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by xvart »

Gammagooey wrote:Xvart- Llama's iso 7.
Thank you very much.
Ojanen wrote:xvart, to cut pointless going in circles in thread, Parama actually said one post after your original FoS on DGB/Elli that the qt mention was from their mafia 109 hydra.
You seem to have genuinely missed that but I just can't see that original suspicion as anywhere close to sincere.
I agree about going in circles, especially now that I've been proven incorrect in my suspicion. The last thing I will say is that in most every case, mentioning a QT
is
suspicious, or for those that want to splint hairs, worth questioning.
Nicodemus wrote:Guessing isn't scummy when it's just guessing, but when someone asks you how many scum are in the game and you come back with a very confident, exact number, it
is
suspicious. No townie role, at least in my experience, could possibly give you any clue as to the exact number of scum in a game. If it was a guess, fine, but the way Parama presented the number it sure didn't sound like a guess.
I couldn't agree more.
Nicodemus wrote:I am however, willing to accept that Parama was joking...
I do not believe that. Why present an exact figure and then come back with role pm as support as a joke? What was the point of the joke? Anyways, care provide an example of similar jokes?
UncertainKitten wrote:@Nico: Funny, I could think of several townie roles that could give you exact numbers, and given the format of this game, I get the impression that at least one would exist.
Do you think that town is more likely to get a role like this?
charter wrote:Fishy and Balter on a scumteam.

Xvart is scum.

Jack is scum.

Parama is town.

Zorblag is probably scum.

I'm keeping my vote on Balter for the time being. I think Balter and Xvart have the same number of votes.
So basically you agree with the masses?

charter
- why did you choose to vote me instead of Balter? I don't understand the point of you commenting about how we were not equal, then voting me? If you wanted to put more pressure on me after you learned I was already highest in the vote count why didn't you raise my vote count when you thought they were equal?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Wed May 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by xvart »

Sorry - I know I said I was going to drop it but I missed the laast page.

@farside - I suppose not. I felt it suspicious because I do not see the benefit of town members who have the ability to talk via QT; of course, I don't see the benefit of scum doing it either, but with the other factions it seemed suspicious enough for me.
Gammagooey wrote:Farside- I'm actually not as interested in Parama right now as I am in the people who have said that he's town...
As am I. I suppose I can see how others may not think he obvscum, but I cannot imagine where all these obvtown reads are coming from. I'll be looking at these people more later...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #11) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by xvart »

charter wrote:I voted Balter first, then saw you had more votes so I switched on to you. I think you're both scum, but I'm more sure of Balter.
So you are now voting for the person you think is scum but less sure is scum? Why?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #12) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by xvart »

LlamaFluff wrote:So then he was scummy for the ordering, sound like if it was the other way around it would have been a null factor.
I read his post that his case was based on how his gut feeling on every post was off, then an afterthought of shallow logic. That's how it reads to me. When I build a case I start with the concrete and then would follow with "oh, and every post he makes I do not like."
LlamaFluff wrote:You are ignoring the simplest answer still. It was a QT from a past game hydra. Are you honestly trying to argue that Eli tried to prove a point by quoting the scum QT in such a way that it could not have been accidental? They arent masons, they arent scum, they ARE both town. Let it go, you are wrong.
Yes, I was; although it was not because I was ignoring it.
LlamaFluff wrote:So its not a slip then? If you think they slipped, I would belive that you would be voting that over a read. Your choice of suspicions make no sense, apart from just trying to get the easier lynch through.
I've I've said countless times, I found it suspicious...
LlamaFluff wrote:Please... read between the lines. I looked at my role and immediately speculated on how many town players there are, and likely how many scum/other exist. How could speculating in this setup possibly be a tell?
And how definite was your speculation?
LlamaFluff wrote:This is actually somewhat along the lines of charter-town play.
Good to know. Thanks for answering for him.
popsofctown wrote:I figured some would be able to figure out my preference by meta. Since it didn't seem useful for me to WIFOM this (you thought I'd pick scum but I PICKED TOWN so now you are going to lynch me when... oh... crap....) I elected to go for the dice instead.

I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.
Why did you use Mafia 89? Since your prefer mafia, but wanted to be random, why didn't you just randomly pick from 1, 2, or 3? Did you really think that your random setup would yield a stronger defense as opposed to the WIFOM you mention?

And, wtf with the whole pm'ing zor about confirming... This whole post is just full of strange explanations.
UncertainKitten wrote:Hi, why is there a Phate counterwagon to xvart scum? This is very telling ^-^.
I thought multiple wagons were pro-town?

Is there something I am missing in Phate's two posts that is glaringly scummy that I am missing? popsofctown's two posts are much more suspicious to me than Phate's two posts.

##Unvote: Parama
##Vote: popsofctown

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #13) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by xvart »

Okay then.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #14) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 am

Post by xvart »

LlamaFluff wrote:So ordering was scummy?
In this instance, the way it reads to me, it is scummy. I've explained it at least a couple of times now.
LlamaFluff wrote:So ordering was scummy?

[quote="LlamaFluff]Good, so you are going to join the DGB and Eli are town camp I guess?
Not necessarily, after I realized my mistake, they went back to neutral. The way I play, everyone is scummy until proven otherwise, so I'm not going to pop them up into obvtown. I'm leaning slightly town with Elli and undecided on DGB.
Zorblag wrote:@Debonair Danny DiPietro, there were a couple reasons that I went with Phate as the lurker that was the most appealing to see if there was interest in lynching.
Troll -
Based on the wagon that formed, I would say there was interest. What do you think about everyone that switched over to Fate, especially considering that there are more scummy lurkers?
d3x wrote:OK. I've caught up completely. I doubt many will like the way this post goes down, but I honestly think it'll be the easiest way for me to get into this game.
d3x
- can you explain your face off system to me? What is the person vs. person? Are these just simply arguments/discussions/etc. or town vs scum reads? What does "winning" mean? What does "winning" say about each person's alignment?
popsofctown wrote:prod dodge

yes you guys wallpost that's why i'm afraid to catch up.

Wait, is zoraster modding this one? Is he a content nazi on prod dodges?

Um. Cawntent. Post 333 is scummy. Weird hanging prepositions all over the place. Clearly he's too stressed by the manipulation his role requires to use grammar properly.
Another prod dodge (2 out of 3 posts) and one scummy observation. More votes please.
Jack wrote:What would you say if I told you Gamma majorly scumslipped in our neighbor qt?
[/quote]I'm sure you can explain without quoting it?

Mod - I changed my vote to popsofctown in post 296.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”