How to read lurkers/VIs

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by ortolan »

The Fonz wrote:It's the basic tenet of those who hate policy lynching that it's always possible to tell town lurkers and VIs from scum ones.
No, it's not. It's the basic tenet that it is sometimes possible to tell town lurkers and VIs from scum ones. At other times they are not automatically the best lynch anyhow. You also don't need to be either firmly pro policy lynching or firmly anti policy lynching. You can default to them in certain situations or for certain reasons while not always advocating them.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by ortolan »

Ythill wrote:
DGB wrote:Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

That's not true

My vote analysis ROCKS - everyone is doing it now. And to think I never was awarded the PARAGON OF MAFIA HUNTERS badge!!!
See? Empty, uncooperative, and a crazy gambit.

Anyway, I think I really just use the word differently than the rest of you. What most of you are describing as a VI is imo, either a n00b or a
poorly played
VI. I mentioned elli and DGB as
extremely well played
VIs, and I meant it as a compliment. I've never seen any DGB analysis so that part is just my lack of experience speaking, apparently she has a good enough grasp of the game that she mixes playstyles.

I read the game "VI" was coined in. That was a long time ago but I seem to remember that MoS and Adele were in the game and the term was applied to BM. I've always considered BM's playstyle to be classic VI but, again, not in a perjoritive sense.
I think you are using a different definition of VI to the rest of the thread (although I agree with yours more). People are mainly using it in a pejorative sense here, for whatever reason.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”