How to read lurkers/VIs

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:29 am

Post by Patrick »

Just try to evaluate their posts as you would others. There's still material there to try and read unless they're literally posting nothing. If you're playing with an intermediate/decent player who lurks alot or rarely gives reasoning, judge them more by the quality of their votes. If you're playing with a VI/inexperienced player, basic tells can work best (hint: the ones that claim prematurely are usually town :wink: ) Sometimes if you have multiple lurkers in a game, you can learn something by seeing how people treat them differently.

Since PokerFace just brought up MafiaSSK, I remember in Satin Doll Showdown a number of us managed to get a pretty decent read on him despite his minimal posting. It can be done!
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:25 am

Post by Patrick »

PokerFace wrote:To be honest patrick the reads i got on mafiassk in that game weren't good. The reads other players got were much better. Not until after that game and reading a few others he was in did i start to get an understanding of mafiassk
I was thinking more of how Ether and Incognito pegged him as town on day 2. Incognito was using meta as well, I'd agree that's useful.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “Mafia Discussion”