farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

Post by farside22 »

farside, here is my first hiccup with you? If you could lynch Sera, why would you derail his wagon to wagon Fara? Your unvote/vote of Sera would put him closer to a lynch, however, your unvote.vote of Fara just tied up the Esp/sera wagons..
Ckd: I'm behind on something things and Sera at one point in the game read townish. I could be off so I felt going to Faraday to see what happens there and how people react as both wagons were very stagnant. Espy is either the VI (read as mafia's wet dream of an easy lynch) or he is scum that doesn't do shit because he doesn't know how to behave as scum.
Sera at least I felt town views on while Faraday who I expect better from as town has been floating of fummes all game and would like to see him lynched and see who switched votes.

Upon Sera's claim
meh
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Seraphim »

The main reason I'm not making a case on boberz is this: I don't see the point. I was at L-3(now L-2) and frankly with less than a week to deadline, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of any case I make, however damning, will swing the wagon that way. Tomorrow, maybe, once we've lynched someone, but I don't want to make the effort if it's going to fall on deaf ears.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Seraphim wrote:The main reason I'm not making a case on boberz is this: I don't see the point. I was at L-3(now L-2) and frankly with less than a week to deadline, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of any case I make, however damning, will swing the wagon that way. Tomorrow, maybe, once we've lynched someone, but I don't want to make the effort if it's going to fall on deaf ears.
Yeah that's not going to win me over to help. I know as town I fight harder and show why X is scum. Especially if I am the target of a lynch. You have been hanging on a thread for over a week this is just a sad state of crap coming from you.

with that

vote: Seraphim
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Espeonage (3) -- Faraday, NickF227, Jahudo
Seraphim (6) -- boberz, Javert, Albert B. Rampage, Espeonage, curiouskarmadog, farside22
Amished (1) -- Ojanen
Faraday (3) -- Amished, dybeck, Seraphim

Not voting: Nobody
13 alive, 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 26th of May, 10pm GMT.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

QFT farside
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Seraphim wrote:I am a vanilla townie.
no you are not, if you were, you would know that Esp was telling the truth about his claim!

die scum...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 am

What are you referencing CKD?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:30 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
@Esp, you claimed VT..the mod put a VT role in the beginning of the game. was there anything added to your PM that you can share...i am not asking you to quote anything(additional sentence(s)?), just a yes or no. Also i know your vote is on Sera, can you please explain to me again why you feel he is scum...
Espeonage wrote:In response to CKDs question. Yes my role PM differed slightly in the last sentance.
Seraphim wrote:Without quoting your role PM, what did the difference deal with?
Espeonage wrote:confirming.
Sera never commented on this, and later votes him

I am claiming...

I am a VT...Esp's claim is right on, if Sera was a townie VT, he should know this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

stupid question: Why would sera ask if there was anything else to the role PM that wasn't on the sample?
Just something I wonder about. He asked about it then said nothing then votes for Esp. Then claims VT.
idk about it ckd. something just sits wrong. Why would a player ask that question in the first place if they didn't know something.
Of course why would said player then vote for the player if it does confirm them as town afterwards.
I have a feeling deep, deep down that Sera just checked out on us. I don't know if that means scum or town but it's not helping the town.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Are we really talking about this?
Patrick wrote:All roles are out, please confirm by PM. Any roles that can night talk can do so in the pregame stage.
Everybody was told to confirm, not just VTs.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

Jahudo wrote:Are we really talking about this?
Patrick wrote:All roles are out, please confirm by PM. Any roles that can night talk can do so in the pregame stage.
That's not the right question. Why would Sera ask the question in the first place?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Amished »

Ok, if it's only between Sera and Espy; I'd much rather lynch espy (and with deadline so close it looks like Faraday's wagon isn't taking off. That looks like scum don't want to buss him to me; making me believe they're already on a townie).

I'll be around tomorrow night before the deadline if Sera isn't lynched though. Damn you all, especially ckd now for pushing Sera on a point that I believe clears him.

If I understand it right, Sera in 1668 seems to know what else is in an original PM and is trying to trap Espy with the knowledge of a VT. It sure as hell isn't a scum-tell; at *worst* it's a null tell since everyone was told to confirm via PM and everyone would have an extra line in there. Otherwise he's what he says he is and is a VT.

Sure as hell isn't a scumtell like ckd is trying to push.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 pm

What's the claim count so far? Sera and Esp claimed VT?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Claimed:

CKD - VT
Sera - VT
Esp - VT
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Amished »

EBWOP:

@ckd (1795): town lists are good if there's limited people (1, 2 tops) putting it out there for somebody that is middle of the pack for suspicion (some people do, some people don't, the ones that do seem to be casting doubt in the minds of the ones that don't) AND there's most likely not very many scum left.

From my viewpoint, OJ is a good player, but obviously her suspicion of me is misplaced. Therefore, in my attempt to show her (and people listening to her very often persuasive arguments) that I am town; I put together a full list with reasoning off the top of my head where possible. This is both an attempt to guide somebody that's more than likely town away from other-town and have her focus on people more likely to be scum; and to allow the rest of the town to not divert their energies on somebody that I know is town (me).

The reason I felt a full game list was appropriate for me is that town reads for weak and/or wrong reasons is very easy to mess up as scum; so to have a logical read game-wide narrowing down suspects logically both helps me in the sense that I can think about the whole game (which I tend to struggle with) and narrow down people that would fly under my radar (ckd, jahudo and faraday OTOH from my list I believe I said something to that effect about them) if I'm wrong about my top suspects (giving me a place to start from the next day taking into account NK's, possible mislynches, etc..) and giving the rest of the town to view and check my logic against theirs since like viewpoints almost always come from like roles/alignments.

So, for town that has limited/no information; my list would make sense and kinda line up with lists that other people have in their minds or written down. However, if my list is way off from what they have then it opens me way up to attack making it extremely risky to pull as scum. This is where my line about "if only 1 person, 2 tops" comes from. As soon as the first one posts (and is town); any scum that makes it after can somewhat copy the first one if they know that they're town. Integrity for that type of list degrades quickly which is why it shouldn't be used often, but should be used for times that either you're not viewed as pro-town as you feel you should be; or if you want to really question somebody later in a game to really determine if they're scum or not (by how their lists line up with yours as town).

Hopefully you understood my rambling; if there's something that you'd like clarified, please speak up.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
NickF227
NickF227
Townie
NickF227
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by NickF227 »

farside22 wrote:
NickF227 wrote:So you guys think Espy is scum but since you have suuuch stone cold proof we have to switch our votes now?

Metagaming is gay, anyway.
Please ask to replace if your going to continue to be useless.
Your also calling espy scum when your on game play is less then stellar so pot this is kettle. Get the fuck off me.
WTF? I wasn't even talking to you in specific But just for you I'll keep being useless. <3
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Doing a state-of-the-game by only reading D4 and completely reassessing steering

unvote

It's clear my vote is useless.

Someone direct me to whether Nick was a real counterwagon at some point. A lynch I would rejoice in since the one and only townish villager namedropping detail got blown off.

Albert, why did you explain your cop fakeclaim by saying you couldn't see a scenario where Sando could have gotten town from both dybeck and ckd and yet next day go after people in order of Nick, Seraphim, boberz?...

dybeck, why was D1 bv town because scum don't do controversial stuff and Albert scum D4 for doing the explosive fake claim?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I thought CKD was a power role before he claimed vanilla. Now I think he might be scum or SK because he's always asking what people think about him and shit.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I thought CKD was a power role before he claimed vanilla. Now I think he might be scum or SK because he's always asking what people think about him and shit.
Was this an answer to me; was your thought process such that ckd going nowhere should be a likely false result from Sando?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Espeonage »

This whole thing with the role PM stuff is WIFOM. I believe ckd in his claim and I read Sera's question as a rolefish so that he has better knowledge for when he would have to claim VT. No sure if anyone else sees that but that is what I saw.
Don't @ me.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Ojanen »

As a replacee, I'm an outsider to the confirming bit itself, altough I'd expect it was on all original pms.
But OMG, I don't find Esp's thoughts about it too alien.

In my state of the game, I was concerned by this Sera:
Seraphim wrote:A vanilla town claim was not what I reading from him at all. I thought he might have been VI doctor if anything. Usually vanilla town aren't cautious about how they wheel and deal, even if they're lurking it out. Esp's play has been very muted, similar to that of a power role/scum trying to avoid attention or at least not giving a shit. I don't get that vibe from Esp's play at all.
Seraphim wrote:I will admit that my Esp vote was almost completely based on self-preservation.

You say your Esp vote was almost totally self-preservation, which would mean you didn't find him particularly scummy.
You had pr vibes from him.
You claim vanilla.
Your pov?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I didn't go after it because I wasn't completely sure if he was making it up or not. I took some time to consider it which is why I didn't unvote immediately.

Also, the reason I am not pushing boberz is that I am fairly sure that Faraday is scum over boberz. I definitely have a stronger scum read on him than on boberz.

Looks like I'm getting strung up. Here's what you should look at tomorrow:

I am now almost 100% that Espeonage is town, so going after him will be a waste of time come tomorrow.

Look for scum in Faraday, dybeck, Nick, and boberz. Given that the scum aren't scrambling yet, I'm willing to bet that there's an experienced scum player left so I am fairly sure that Nick and boberz aren't scum together.

One of Faraday and dybeck is almost certainly scum.

I get the nasty feeling that nothing is going to be gained from my lynch...almost all the players I have a town read on are on it...so either I'm dead wrong or the scum are probably laughing right now.

Perhaps I haven't put 100% into this game and I have only myself to blame for that. But lynching me now is not going to win the game and it certainly isn't lynching scum. The Faraday wagon built up steam but then died abruptly. It's not too close to deadline to switch it up now but I feel my lynch is a forlorn conclusion.

If you have any final questions to ask me, ask them now because I won't be much more chance to answer them.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I've considered the claim over numerous times, trying to figure out if he got the confirming bit from a VT PM or a scum PM. I did think he was scum at one point but sometime before the Faraday wagon took off, I definitely started to reconsider. I was ready to change my vote to Faraday or dybeck when it came around

If I've learned anything from this game, it's that honesty is not the best policy as ANY role of ANY alignment. If you don't fit preconceived notions of pro-town, you get lynched. I'll have to remember that when I play next...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Jahudo wrote:Are we really talking about this?
but the placement of the sentence which wasnt in the sample PM is key....
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In what way?