Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

I'll bite.

Vote:Twomz

You've agreed with me a lot. It's a good reason to not trust you.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
TheLoneWolf
TheLoneWolf
Goon
TheLoneWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by TheLoneWolf »

##
's are required to join the awesome wagon.
Death is like rain. It can hit anyone at anytime. It is simply a matter of standing under the sky and accepting it.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

##Vote:Twomz

:oops: [/b]
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Twomz »

TheLoneWolf wrote:1. Why would you lynch the person that was targeted the most?
To get as much information out of a 'random' lynch as possible (they will be connected to the most people, so we'll have more information when they turn up infected/not infected).
2. What is so scummy about not saying who you targeted?.
Nothing really... it's just that people who refuse to claim targets are going to be knots in the web of who targeted who and I thought it might be better to just 'cut them out' earlier rather than later.
You having no reads at all is a nice little neutral stance to take.
Almost all of the topics yesterday were mechanical... and held no sway in if someone was town or not to me. Everyone who didn't partake in the discussion lurked.

I'm still rusty from my absence, first game I played in when I came back I got lynched for the same thing... I dunno what's wrong with me, something must be up with my gut feeling.

Also, I'm getting kidnapped tomorrow morning for my Bachelor party, won't post after that until Wednesday morning... woohoo!
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Phate »

Votecount.
Twomz - 2 (TheLoneWolf, Pittbunny)
horrordude0215 - 1 (Nachomamma8)
TheLoneWolf - 1 (smashbro_of_the_SSS)
Not Voting - (cruelty, Grimmy, horrordude0215, Johnny Rotten, Kid Know Nothing, PatResults, Andrius, Twomz)

Andrius replaces superdemongob.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hi guys, I'm Andrius, replacing superdemongob, and I'll be reading up and posting, probably tomorrow.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Grimmy »

Twomz wrote:Another point to make... if there was a successful doc protect, that means that the mafia now knows who the town doctor is...
How so?
I have never seen a game where the mafia was informed of who prevented thier kill the prior night.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Phate »

In answer to Twomz:
Standard Factional Win Condition wrote:You win when all other factions have left the game and at least one member of your faction is still in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
Being infected does not change your faction or your win condition.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
PatResults
PatResults
Goon
PatResults
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:59 am

Post by PatResults »

Hello again Andrius. I somehow knew we would meet again.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Grimmy »

I was giving some thought to the whole virus mechanic.

if I am the one who got visited the most, I think it would make me a target both for mafia and for docs in a night or two.

Here is why I say this.

If many people targetted me, the mafia may wish to NK me in order to stem off the virus from spreading too much out of control, since the odds say I would most likely be infected.

On the other side of the coin, having the doc visit me because i was visited so much would serve two purposes. It would heal me from the virus AND protect me from a NK.

but then it becomes a wifom issue because of both sides knowing this.

Damned if I do...

Grimmy
damned either way

Another theory

Since I am the most likely at the moment to be infected, I will pay a visit to the person I feel is the most scummy at the time of the night actions.

Ill post a quick list of potential targets closer to the end of day

Grimmy
painting a target on his chest, but may not go alone
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

TheLoneWolf
TheLoneWolf
Goon
TheLoneWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by TheLoneWolf »

Twomz wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:1. Why would you lynch the person that was targeted the most?
To get as much information out of a 'random' lynch as possible (they will be connected to the most people, so we'll have more information when they turn up infected/not infected).
2. What is so scummy about not saying who you targeted?.
Nothing really... it's just that people who refuse to claim targets are going to be knots in the web of who targeted who and I thought it might be better to just 'cut them out' earlier rather than later.
You having no reads at all is a nice little neutral stance to take.
Almost all of the topics yesterday were mechanical... and held no sway in if someone was town or not to me. Everyone who didn't partake in the discussion lurked.

I'm still rusty from my absence, first game I played in when I came back I got lynched for the same thing... I dunno what's wrong with me, something must be up with my gut feeling.

Also, I'm getting kidnapped tomorrow morning for my Bachelor party, won't post after that until Wednesday morning... woohoo!
1. Infected status does
not
reveal on death. Why the hell would we "random" lynch today?
2. Policy lynch on D2? Over a weak policy that has never been seen before (as this is the first game of its kind)
3. We had a lynched townie, and you're saying you can't get a single read?

Go wagon go.
Death is like rain. It can hit anyone at anytime. It is simply a matter of standing under the sky and accepting it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

TheLoneWolf wrote:1. Infected status does
not
reveal on death. Why the hell would we "random" lynch today?
Fail?
The Rules wrote:19. An infected player's infection status is revealed when they die.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Pittbunny »

Grimmy wrote: Ill post a quick list of potential targets closer to the end of day
Don't bother. Keep it a secret; I've got a secondary plan I'd like to try which is a lot easier on the town's part to participate in.

That is to say, town simply will not choose for their Visit mechanic. My opinion is that the best way to play the mechanics are extremely; either we go at it ordered and to the letter, or say "Screw it" and let fate take its course. One situation leads to the most mafia tripups, but is one we've lost the opportunity to try, the other makes mafia, the informed majority, a bit more uninformed as to just what the hell goes on at night.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And what advantages are behind door #2?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Andrius »

PatResults wrote: Hello again Andrius. I somehow knew we would meet again.
Why hello there! Its been awhile, lol.
I say we lynch vrtra and LordChronos, who are the scum. ;)

Moving along...

So yeah. I read the thread, and I had a load of trouble remembering that this was a mafia game. I like strategy games above all, so most of my focus revolved around the INFECTION OF DEATH!!! rather than mafia and such.

@ Phate:
-According to Rule #19, shouldn't Johnny Rotten have flipped "Clean" or "Infected"?

-Also, the Role PMs for Doctor, Vigilante, and Mafia Doctor don't list "Visit" as one of the abilities. Does this mean they cannot visit someone?

-It seems as though, from reading the Role PMs and Mod Notes, that all the Mafia Players cannot possibly start the game Infected. Is this correct?

-Finally, the Mafia Goons (Mafioso) are required to Visit someone each night. Does the Mafia NK have the potential to transfer the Infection as well? What I'm saying is if
Mafioso A
does the Mafia NK against
Player B
, does the Mafioso have the chance to contract the Infection from
Player B
?

The earliest that we can have an Infection-Death is D3, given that any possible players who started the game with the Infection- if they did not visit a Doctor- would die D3.

@ Phate: You still have Johnny Rotten listed in your latest VoteCount.

I'm trying to piece together just how big the scale is, aka, how fast we could all be infected and killed.

I'll have to reread the threat, for scumhunting, later. Its late now.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Andrius »

PatResults wrote: Hello again Andrius. I somehow knew we would meet again.
Why hello there! Its been awhile, lol.
I say we lynch vrtra and LordChronos, who are the scum. ;)

Moving along...

So yeah. I read the thread, and I had a load of trouble remembering that this was a mafia game. I like strategy games above all, so most of my focus revolved around the INFECTION OF DEATH!!! rather than mafia and such.

@ Phate:
-According to Rule #19, shouldn't Johnny Rotten have flipped "Clean" or "Infected"?

-Also, the Role PMs for Doctor, Vigilante, and Mafia Doctor don't list "Visit" as one of the abilities. Does this mean they cannot visit someone?

-It seems as though, from reading the Role PMs and Mod Notes, that all the Mafia Players cannot possibly start the game Infected. Is this correct?

-Finally, the Mafia Goons (Mafioso) are required to Visit someone each night. Does the Mafia NK have the potential to transfer the Infection as well? What I'm saying is if
Mafioso A
does the Mafia NK against
Player B
, does the Mafioso have the chance to contract the Infection from
Player B
?

The earliest that we can have an Infection-Death is D3, given that any possible players who started the game with the Infection- if they did not visit a Doctor- would die D3.

@ Phate: You still have Johnny Rotten listed in your latest VoteCount.

I'm trying to piece together just how big the scale is, aka, how fast we could all be infected and killed.

I'll have to reread the threat, for scumhunting, later. Its late now.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Grimmy wrote:I was giving some thought to the whole virus mechanic.

if I am the one who got visited the most, I think it would make me a target both for mafia and for docs in a night or two.

Here is why I say this.

If many people targetted me, the mafia may wish to NK me in order to stem off the virus from spreading too much out of control, since the odds say I would most likely be infected.

On the other side of the coin, having the doc visit me because i was visited so much would serve two purposes. It would heal me from the virus AND protect me from a NK.

but then it becomes a wifom issue because of both sides knowing this.

Damned if I do...

Grimmy
damned either way

Another theory

Since I am the most likely at the moment to be infected, I will pay a visit to the person I feel is the most scummy at the time of the night actions.

Ill post a quick list of potential targets closer to the end of day

Grimmy
painting a target on his chest, but may not go alone
From what I understand, the doc's protection didn't cure the infection. Only visiting the doc does. Though I could be wrong.

Mod: If the doc saves an infected on the night they are supposed to die, do they continue to live?

Thought that was an acceptable question, seeing as that could change a lot of things.

Will be re-reading shortly, looking at the Rotten wagon. Etc, etc.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

I believe that the doctor's choosing to heal someone is considered a visit, but not sure.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

mod
? can we get some prods goin on? I don't have much new to say myself, but we (the people who have posted) need some of the other players to join in again.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Ah, SSSS. Let me clarify.

Mod: If the doctor visits an infected on the night that the infected is meant to die, does the infected continue to live? Can a Doctor prevent someone from dying from an infection?

Seems like important info.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Grimmy »

I would also like to see the mods answers to the questions posed to him.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Twomz »

1. Been discussed multiple times in the thread. This is basic game info that you should know, reread the rules man >.<

2 and 3. I'd consider it an information lynch... how can you have a policy on a situation that hasn't come up before? And I agree that it's shitty that an information lynch is even being considered on day 2, I'd much rather have a wagon or two going and get information that way, but it seems as if no one has any leads. It seems as if the votes on me are there because I voiced that fact rather than any real thought that I'm acting scummy.

Also,
##Vote: Cruelty
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Grimmy »

Couple more questions.

even though it may seem like im digging myself into my own grave, would the town as a whole benefit from the lynch of someone who has been visited the most?

someone crunch the numbers to see if lynching the most probable infected infecting other townies vs. thier chances/odds of infecting mafia.

while it may seem self serving, I think the more chances of hitting a mafia with either a lynch OR disease outweighs the risk of continuing the town infection.

Another theory that came to mind is that mayeb the mafia didnt bother to try a NK last night because they figured we would infects oursevles if we followed the planned list. In this case, we may be able to narrow down who the mafia would be, as they would purposely set it to visit each other as a group to both protect themselves from infected from the town as well as having their own doctor heal them one by one.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Pittbunny »

@Grimmy - It depends ENTIRELY on how the Visit mechanic works. Depending on the visit order, a player that has been purported to be visited the most can either spread the infection to the entire town, or just barely get infected, or somewhere in the middle. We're not in a current state to really know. In any case, a frequently visited player is not particularly worthy of being more of a lynch target than any other status, as it's frankly player choice if they want to continue visiting the player. The damage, if any, gets done in one night, so it's not like we should prioritize mass-targeted players. If anything, believing such makes it easier for mafia to push mislynches, and nothing else. Hence, I think it would be a fallacious thought process.

And yes, it would make sense for mafia to retract from killing should an organized plan be established, and more importantly, followed. It minimizes contact, and allows wagons to stew without any particular effort. However, we didn't have enough time to set up a plan yesterday and establish the pairings of it (hence my disappointment). This is one reason I'm liking the idea of a completely chaotic visit scheme, because it absolutely trashes one avenue of mafia play while still providing some degree of actual town benefit.

Also note that mafia cannot visit each other.

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Twomz »

I'm pretty sure if they didn't submit a kill it would get sent out randomly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”