Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Oh hai gaiz.

VOTE: Karma

Me no be your guinea pig. :P
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

UNVOTE: Karma
VOTE: Robocopter

Because Uncle Sam is the cause of much of this nation's misery.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Karma: Read my post. Look at Robo's avatar. Make the connection.

Why does my vote switching in Random Voting Stage give you scummy vibes?

UNVOTE: Robocopter

Your attempt to make something normal seem scummy is scummy.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Oopidstay wrote:Why does my vote switching in Random Voting Stage give you scummy vibes?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:45 am

Post by Oopidstay »

VOTE: Merkebah

Making a point here.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

UNVOTE: Merkebah

Point being: switching votes around in RVS is not scummy. Please explain why this is scummy.

Wait, two people are playing on the same account? *has not seen this before*
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Why is your vote on me anyway, Merk?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Merkebah: Because originally I thought you were voting me for the same reason Karma was so I voted you to show you I did not think vote changing in the RVS was scummy (and because I felt spiteful :P), but after looking at it again I realized you don't really have a reason for voting me, at least one that's given (unless the slight allusion to bandwagoning was true). Now I'm asking why you are voting me.

@ Karma: Your reasoning is god-awful. There are many reason I could have for changing votes, and you have absolutely no proof that yours is the correct one. I explained one of my votes above, and I think the others should be clearly self-evident.

"We're sorry, but your evil plan cannot be completed as dialed. Please hang up and try again."
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

OMG I didn't notice Empking even posted because of his lack of avatar. And it votes me -- for flipping. And nothing else has been said...

VOTE: Empking

While Karma's reasoning is erroneous, at least he's making the effort to provide reasoning. I see no similar attempts from you (or even posts, for that matter).
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Muthaa: Quite literally the only thing Empking has done is vote me for exactly the same reason Karma has. My point is even though Karma is flat-out wrong, at least he's making an effort. As far as I can tell, Empking is lurking while voting on someone else's (flawed) reasoning. Which one looks worse?

Also, I never said giving crappy reasoning was a town tell. Would you mind not putting words in my mouth, please? Thank you.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:Repeatedly calling my reasoning crappy just makes you scummier. Just because you say "wah wah wah it's not a scumtell i'm not scummy" doesn't make it so.
Given that I've explained why what I'm doing isn't scummy and you have given no proof to support your accusation (that I'm nervous scum and that's why I'm changing my votes), I think I'm validated in saying your reasoning is crap.

@ Muthaa: It's been a good while since the game started. Empking has only one post, and it's a vote on someone who's been generating a bit of controversy for the same reasoning given by other people. This is worth checking out.

And what the hell? I
know
Karma's
initial
vote on me was random, and that he supported it with "reasoning" later. What does this have to do with anything? It looks like you put that in there just because it makes me look scummier.

Do you know how to read, Muthaa? Because Empking's post quite clearly says "Vote: Oop - flipping." I never said he didn't give reasoning. I said he piggybacked off of someone else's reasoning and has added nothing since.

And once again, I never said giving crappy reasoning was a town tell. You're just putting words in my mouth. You continue to put words in my mouth, along with bringing up an irrelevant point that, when phrased a certain way, makes me look bad.

FoS: Muthaa
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

1. So I missed the timestamp. Regardless, he has only made the one post, and he needs to get in here and post stuffs. Compared to other people, he's not doing much, and his vote on me is clear sheeping.

2. Eh? What was this in response to?

3. I define "reason" as the summarized version of why you're voting, and "reasoning" as the explanation why your reason is valid. Empking provided a reason, but has not provided reasoning. His reason is the same as Karma's. Hence, "piggybacking."

4. You still haven't proven that I said providing crappy reasoning is a town tell. If you can't do that, you're putting words in my mouth.

I FoS'ed you because I'm not inclined to move my Empking vote at the moment.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Merkabah wrote:@Oopid, Muthaa: Semantics arguing is getting you nowhere and is cluttering the thread. Ask better questions.
What am I supposed to do, ignore what he's arguing about me?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Hershey Kiss wrote:VOTE: Karma
Speaking of elaboration, some of that stuff here would be good.

*hint, hint*
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Robocopter's recent post definitely reads like an AtE. Will need to reread him later and see if any of the points Merk brought up about him hold water. I'm not gonna hammer him now, though. I'm not stupid. (He's my brother.)

@ Muthaa: Any reason why you aren't voting at the moment?

If Empking's not doing anything whatsoever my vote isn't going to change anything.

UNVOTE: Empking
VOTE: HersheyKiss

Wake up and talk about stuff.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Muthaa: You seem to be agreeing with Karma's reasoning, and yet you aren't voting me for it. I'm curious as to the reason why. And if not me, why not someone else?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

robocopter87 wrote:Wow. This is quite unexpected. Way to try and fill up the open games bro. Way to sneak by me too. Are you really?
No, although I'm amused that you thought that was what I meant. It was actually supposed to be a joke.
Oopidstay wrote:I'm not stupid. (He's my brother.)
Stupid is my brother. Think about it for awhile and you should get it.

Also, your recent post is scummy. You avoid most of the important issues raised against you . Regarding the parts you chose to address, you quoted Paltry out of context (he has more reasons for voting you than meta), you selectively quote a trivial part of Merk's earlier post and make an equally irrelevant remark about it, and you try to make people prove that you
expressly
said it's not scummy to do scummy stuff in the RVS, when you
openly admitted
to acting scummy in the RVS, and are even now arguing that it's not lynch-worthy because you were merely "trying to get out of the RVS".

Is it possible that we caught scum this quickly on Day 1? My gut screams for me to hammer, yet my mind is still in disbelief. (Assurance factor: I don't plan on hammering until more discussion is had.)
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Muthaa wrote:@Oopid: Explain to me why I should hurry up and vote while there's still lot's of time left for that.
Answer my question first, and then I'll answer yours. Thank you.

@ Robo: Forgive me if I take your words with a grain of salt.

Also, noting that you once again avoid addressing the main issue while addressing something that is trivial. If you're trying to convince me that you aren't scum, you're failing. Miserably.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

EBWOP: I apparently missed Robo's post where he addressed the main issue. My apologies. That part of my post criticizing him for that is retracted.

Will address this "new" post shortly.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Robocopter87 wrote:Oh Facepalm. Sorry dude. I am such an idiot. I actually have a brother who plays MAfia and thought that he had played in this game as an Alt. You are a townsperson so it made sense to me. Sorry.

Also, Merk told me to post where they said that. Not all of what they said. He said to tell me where they said that their reasons were that. So I did. Ya there are a lot of other reasons on why I'm getting voted. But I showed the ones Merk asked for. Oopid lets be real here. I can't defend against everything. Some points are legit. And I can't just go and say, well, I guess your right and then be beat. Everyone knows theirs going to be an attack with a few pieces of the story missing and a defense with a few peices with the story missing. This lack of peices provides a constant discussion topic and discussion makes Mafia go round. Just being real with you for a second, and don't tell me its not true.
So you have
one
example from someone other than yourself, and even then I am hard-pressed to see how that fit the definition of "ehh scummy".

It provides discussion, true. It also gets people lynched. Theory is very nice and all, but what's the point if all it does is hang you in a noose? (And you better not say "I'm sacrificing myself so the town can start discussion." That would induce an epic /facepalm post from me.) If you're town, you try to explain your logic behind what you did. If people don't believe you...well, ain't life a bitch?

Also, your post was still AtE. Deny it all you want. I'll only believe it if I see your corpse hanging from a noose with the word "town" written on its forehead like the Mark of the Beast. (I will also accept the word if it's written on the back of your right hand.)

@ Muthaa: Just because I believe Karma's reasoning is crappy does not mean that other people must also believe its crappy (as you have demonstrated yourself by agreeing with Karma). The question is why do you agree with Karma's reasoning for voting me, and yet withhold your vote. That's something that isn't making sense to me.

As for your stance on "just throwing votes", having a vote on someone makes you take a stance. Not voting anyone (except in certain circumstances) does the town little good. My take on it, at any rate. Anyone else agree with me?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Oopidstay »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Empking came back. As your vote was on him earlier, do you think the post suffices the time away?
Not particularly, but we have three lurkers right now, and I only have one vote, sadly.
PaltryExcuse wrote:Secondly, you're leading a charge against Muthaa. Is that enough to vote him over Hershey / Empking who are lurking? I'm getting the impression by your posts you suspect Muthaa to some degree but I wonder why your vote is not on him instead.
I would hardly say I'm "leading a charge" against Muthaa. I'm asking him questions about his behavior, and at least where his voting is concerned, I am satisfied with his answers. What's left over is not yet vote-worthy material, at least over the lurkers.

As for my "rallying," I was just curious if people shared my opinion on why town should be voting.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Hershey Kiss wrote:
Merkabah wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:
Merk wrote:So... you wanted to draw out teh scumz by being scummy? Try again, cause town looks for scummy stuff too.

lolreactions doesn't work. Try scumhunting.

(director voice)Take 2, ACTION!
Lol no I wanted to get rid of RVS by being scummy in RVS. Cause your right,
Town looks for scummy stuff
too. And when
they
see scummy stuff they talk and now I think we are out of RVS.

lolreactions do work, they wouldn't be so popular if they just failed miserably. I am scumhunting. But Its kinda page 3 and I really kinda think its impossible too just like call out the scum for the whole game. I can give it a loltry. I hereby declares that the scum will end up being Paltry and Kthxbye! If I am right I will laugh so hard.

Take 2 isn't needed.
unvote
Yay scumslip!

VOTE: Robocopter87
I hope you're joking. Reading up some more, I guess not. This makes me sad.
Merkabah wrote: @Karma: Why are you still voting him if you don't want a quicklynch? Can't he talk without your vote on him?
This, however, is a good point. I still think Karma is scum.
So you have nothing to say about the leading wagon, yet deride an innocuous comment that was backed up by reasoning, and you make a tiny push on an alternate wagon that has little support right now.

And you've been lurking.

FoS: Hershey Kiss

If Robo is scum, Hershey is a nice candidate for a scumbuddy.

Mod: Did you say how many of each role there are in this game? I'm too lazy to go hunt it down in the Open Queue.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Unvote: Hershey Kiss
Vote: Robocopter87

You're dead now. Relax, it's a peaceful process, really. Once you lose enough oxygen you really don't feel much of anything...
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Interesting night...
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:
vote: Muthaa

I've always thought "congratulating the doc" was a fairly valid scumtell.
This looks like scum trying to exploit something suspicious-looking.

Proof of your supposition, Karma?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

What proof do
you
have, Karma? As in, link games plz.
Karma wrote:P.S. What does that even mean - scum trying to exploit something suspicious-looking?

If you agree that it is suspicious-looking, then isn't that just called...scumhunting?
So scum can't point out suspicious things that townspeople do and try to exploit said suspicious things to create mislynches? Suspicious does not always equal scummy.

Vote: Hershey Kiss

For doing the same thing Karma is doing.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Kthnxbye wrote:@karma and the rest: VERY BAD idea. Are you kidding me? In this set up, there are only 2 explanations of why there was no NK. One: scum chose to not NK anyone to confuse us or Two: the person the scum targeted was jailkept.
There's a third option: the scum performing the NK was jailkept. Regardless, you're correct in that PRs shouldn't out themselves now.

Not keeping you in mind on D1 =/= scummy.
Karma wrote:Suspicious does not always equal scummy...? Huh?
Why else do we have mislynches?
Karma wrote:Why are you voting Hershey instead of me?
Because Hershey was pushing you as an alternative lynch to Robo yesterday, and yet today he goes straight for the shifty-looking guy without even mentioning you. So he did the same thing you're doing, but isn't saying anything about his top suspect from yesterday. With his posting frequency, that amounts to ignoring you altogether. This is scummy. And suspicious.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:Because townies do scummy things. Tell me, what is the difference between suspicious and scummy?
Suspicious is behavior that's odd and can look scummy. Scummy is a descriptor for things scum would do. Suspicious =/= scummy.

This is turning into a battle of definitions. How about we drop it?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:No, because you haven't adequately explained it. Give me an example of something "suspicious" and something "scummy" in this game (with quotes please) and explain the difference.
No. Take your thumb out of your mouth and start working, please.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Karma wrote:No. You called me out for something that is stupid (or should I say oopidstay) and doesn't make any sense and I want you to explain it.
I have explained it adequately enough that people with a decent amount of intellect can understand it. (Yes, this can be interpreted as an insult.) If you can't figure out what I mean, that's your problem.

This is the last I intend to talk about this topic.

Spoiler: Prediction
Karma votes for me in his next post.

@ Empking: Weird =/= scummy.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Of course you don't. He voted for you. ;)
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Oopidstay »

I'm a little confused. Muthaa's vote-post on Karma made sense to me. I didn't like Karma's reaction to it. Then Muthaa posted a reply to it that I didn't like, and Karma's reply to that was one that I liked.

Dammit.

Empking only had four posts yesterday. One of them was a piggyback vote for me for bad reasons. Two of them were pushing a Robo lynch. The last one was a vote for Robo.

Empking only has one post today. He calls Kiss' actions scummy and votes me for weird stuff and being "kind of reaching." Among the three lurkers, he's beginning to rise to the top.

Unvote: Hershey Kiss
Vote: Empking

Kthnxbye is beginning to try my patience as well. He better have content up soon, or flames will be turned in his direction.

Hershey is not responding to my vote and requires a more direct form of stimulation.

Mod: Does Hershey Kiss merit a prod yet? If so, taser him in the balls, please.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #32) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Empking wrote:Oopi:If you had a bayvig, would you use it? What if it ended the day?
Yep, and yep.

I think one of the three lurkers is scum. I'm still trying to decide who.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Muthaafucka wrote:@Oopid: what didn't you like about it?
I'm afraid you'll need to be a bit more specific than that...

Merk, what's so important about Hershey Kiss being an alt or not?

@ Emp: You're voting me. Why aren't you trying to get other people to vote for me?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Oopidstay »

I'd still like Emp to explain why he was voting for me earlier yet not doing anything to advocate my lynch.

Hershey, why are Muthaa and Kthnx better votes than Empking?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Empking wrote:Oopi: You wen't saying anything and I couldn't gage where everybody else was in regards to their feelings on you.
Isn't that the point where you start asking me more questions, especially pertaining the reasons you voted for me in the first place (I did respond to that, btw)?

@ Paltry: Karma's disappearance is intriguing to note, but right now my attention is on Empking. In my mind at least, among the current crop of lurkers, I think only one is likely to be scum. The other scum, ideally, would be trying to appear active to counterbalance his partner's lack of presence and make it that much harder to catch the team. That's my speculation, at least.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Kyle99 wrote:Deadline had originally been planed for
June
6th
, but due to replacements and general lack of activity, it has been extended to
June
9th
at 10:00 PM PST.
I think something's wrong with this sentence...
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

Sorry about my absence, all, I had a lot of things come up unexpectedly. Looks like I didn't miss much, though.

Empking needs to be lynched. Get with the damn program, peeps. (On the other hand, Karma coming out of the darkness to vote Emp and then creeping away is setting off alarms...)

@ Muthaa: I didn't like it because you misrepped Karma's earlier play, and I don't like misreps.
Hershey Kiss wrote:They are both scummier than he is.
This is not an answer. Why are both of them scummier than Emp?

@ Paltry: Is Empking an acceptable lynch for you?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

You know what, fuck it. That vote was
way
too damn opportunistic to let it go unpunished.

Unvote: Empking
Vote: Karma

I'm comfortable with either one, but for now, Karma's my guy.

@ Paltry: That question to you still applies, though.

@ Merk: Would Karma be an acceptable lynch for you?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Wow. Really, guys?

Somebody hammer, for god's sakes. Let's not no-lynch here, please.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Actually, whether or not Battle Mage/Muthaa was jailkept N1 doesn't necessarily make him scum. N1 lasted for the full 3 days and ended in a no-kill. N2 lasted one day and resulted in a kill. It's quite possible that the scumteam simply did not get a kill submitted on time for N1.

I support massclaim today as well.

Empking is my #1 at the moment, but I'm not ready to lynch yet. Some rereading is probably in order here.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

So I'd just typed up a bunch of stuff in response to what people recently said, but I agree with the no lynch stuff. So unless anyone really needs to read that post now, I'll copy-paste it tomorrow, assuming I'm still alive.

Vote: No Lynch
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Oopidstay »

mykonian wrote:And there is no real reason to wait with it
mykonian wrote:I wonder, why did you even choose to not post something?
VP Baltar wrote:Paltry, you're probably right about NLing today I suppose.
If we are going that route, then we should just stop discussion to limit the information to the scum.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Oopidstay »

@ mykonian: I will post my rebuttal to your allegations, among other things, tomorrow, regardless of whether you are alive or not. Until then, silence is golden, and duct tape is silver.

@ Empking: Then why not go ahead and vote no-lynch instead of just saying you agree with it?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

mykonain wrote:Oopidstay started with
Oopidstay wrote:Interesting night...
I entirely fail to see how this makes me appear scummy.
mykonian wrote:Anyway, Oop attacks Karma, and then votes Hershey for the same reason (lol?) this is at least buddying, and could be a chainsaw (tar) defense.
My vote on Hershey was not for the exact same reasons I was attacking Karma for, which I explained. lrn2read, noob.
mykonian wrote:Oop is the way to go.
I am not going to gamble on 50% and I will reread muthaa tomorrow.
Considering that you think the evidence against Muthaa is "incriminating," why are you suddenly not so sure about his scumhood?
mykonian wrote:theory
So?

agree with VP
So?

agree with VP
So?

I am first waiting what the others do
I need to reevaluate my reads.
Fixed.
mykonian wrote:the overeager voter suddenly FoS's
And I explained why I FoSed in lieu of voting in the subsequent post. lrn2readthgddmnthread, noob.
mykonian wrote:this was the second post where he said he wasn't going to hammer yet. Brilliant, he is so making sure that he is protown and letting people discuss...
I'm letting people know that while I find him scummy, I don't intend to vote/hammer at that point in time. What's wrong with that?
mykonian wrote:Then his first post day 2 is "interesting night..." I have already stated I think this is scum adjusting to the fact that the kill didn't go through and waiting for the rest to think of something new before he sticks his head out.
I said what I said because no one had posted yet, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. "Interesting night..." was what came to mind at the time. Why is this scummy?
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Oopid: Who is #2 scum?
That's a bit hard to say at the moment. As far as Empking partners go, Mykonian is flashing hard as a possibility, but I'm still trying to decide whether his shitty case on me is in fact a badly-constructed scum-driven counterwagon to the imminent Empking lynch (plus an Empking/mykonian scumteam would fit well regarding my thoughts on the lack of a N1 NK) or just plain ol' asininity (the one game I read with him in it, Open 205, had him playing just as abysmally scummy and yet he was town). Muthaa looks bad given the JK WIFOM and his behavior overall displeases me, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's not being set up for a fall. If Empking is not scum, however, VP Baltar is giving me bad vibes.

This is one of the reasons I need to reread.

For mykonian's viewing pleasure: my response that I didn't post yesterday.

@ VP Baltar: Why are we voting no-lynch again when that leads us potentially to a draw?
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Oopidstay »

For the record, I play to win, not to draw. I, at least, am following my win condition.
mykonian wrote:I'm sorry? Am I misreading this? why hershey and not Karma?
Oopidstay, Day 2 wrote:Because Hershey was pushing you as an alternative lynch to Robo yesterday, and yet today he goes straight for the shifty-looking guy without even mentioning you. So he did the same thing you're doing, but isn't saying anything about his top suspect from yesterday. With his posting frequency, that amounts to ignoring you altogether. This is scummy. And suspicious.
Would you mind at least
checking
to see if I already answered a question or not?
mykonian wrote:You have never voted Muthaa. This is your only FoS in the game while you were known for switching votes easily.
I said
in my very next post
that I FoS'ed Muthaa because I didn't want to move my Empking vote yet. Seriously, would it kill you to actually read the thread?
mykonian wrote:you aren't discussing, you aren't scumhunting. You are only: adjusting to the fact the night went wrong and you didn't know what to say (get the ball rolling? lol. With those two words!).
Got proof for those speculations of yours?
mykonian wrote:And you didn't want to hammer too soon because the town might blame you for the mislynch.
What I said is the same thing as saying, "I've got concerns with this guy but I'm not going to vote him yet because it'll be the hammer." That's not scummy.
mykonian wrote:And the most fun I have is with the answer for Paltry: you are first saying Empking is going to get lynched anyway. I see non of such sings and I have already stated I will oppose that lynch because empking doesn't play as scum here.
It seemed to be in the imminent future at the time of my writing. It should still be an imminent thing. Your opposition to that lynch is as anti-town as it gets.
mykonian wrote:Then you are doing the same as you had with Karma too: I make a case on you, I must be scum. You don't have a single point against me, only that my case on you might be a "badly-constructed counterwagon to the imminent Empking lynch". Talking about manipulative sentences, this is the top.
First, show me exactly where I said anything to the effect of "You made a case on me, you must be scum" with regards to Karma. And with the way you keep distorting posts to make me appear scummy, hell yeah I'm going to look at you as scummy. At the time of writing that post, that was all I had to go off of for you. Now there's more, and your continual inability to read the thread before firing your cannons is markedly disturbing.
mykonain wrote:I'm going to answer VP's question for him. I might be tunneling now, but the answer should be obvious to any town, but you seem to be different again. When you want a draw? when you are in the disadvantage. We have had 2 mislynches, we are currently in MYLO. I think that counts. One mislynch and we have lost. That's why we want a draw
See first part of this post.

Now I'll respond to some VP stuff, even though he's dead.
VP Baltar wrote:orly? since when?
Beginning of Day 3, and my gut was getting a tingly feeling. You're dead and flipped, now, so my gut was wrong on that one.
VP Baltar wrote:You've officially gone up in scumminess for asking this question.
See first part of this post.
VP Baltar wrote:All of that being said, I agree with myk about the insulting instead of defending from oopid looking scummy.
I insult people, not stupidity. (Or was it the other way around?)
Empking wrote:Though I might always vote for who I find scummy, there's no rush with No Lynch so I'd prefer to get everybody posting first.
Speak of the devil, and he shall come.

As much as I'd love to vote you, Myko, Empking needs to die first. Because I'm still a little unsure whether you're scum or just acting stupid.

Vote: Empking
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Geez, that was longer than I would've liked...sorry about that, everyone.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Damn you Paltry.

Emp, was I right about you?

(for everyone else: gratz, you lynched a townie)
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Myk: I admit I may not have handled things well on my end, but your case on me was rather terrible. Especially where you kept making arguments about points without bothering to see if I'd responded to them or not. I just didn't get that across well enough.

gg, scum. Paltry did a good job fooling me, and my opinion on lurkers is forever shaken. :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”