Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Plum »

Encore Mafia

This will be a 12-player game run as a medium between iPick and uPick. Everyone who joins will receive a Role PM for a role he or she has already played in his or her Mafia career. While no player will be allowed to choose
which
old role he/she will play, anyone in the game is more than welcome to PM the Moderator (myself) and suggest an old role he/she would like to play again. There will be some time between signups filling and the game starting while I create the setup and have it reviewed by one or two reviewers (I'll be working on finding people interested soon). The game is likely to include some variant mechanics which will accommodate certain mechanics implied by the various roles. If you'd like to relive your past glories or give them a shot at a better result, uh, yeah this might be a relevant game. While there will be no guarantees of a no-vanilla setup, there will be a bias towards giving players interesting non-vanilla roles. I may or may not guarantee a no-vanilla or a some-vanilla game when the game begins.

Only players who have completed at least one game as Town and one game as an anti-Town alignment by the time the game goes into signups will be accepted, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

Only completed games where the role information is completely public (e.g. the Moderator posted all the initial Role PMs in the thread after the game had been completed) are eligible to have roles taken from them. Games a player replaced in for and played until the completion of the game are eligible to have that player's role taken from them, but games a player replaced out of are not unless the player brings the possibility to my attention and explains extenuating circumstances. As usual, I'm happy to make an exception for eligibility of such roles if you have a decent reason and are willing to ask.

I'll be available to take signups starting August 1st. I currently have two pre-/ins and I believe I'm allowed six. If you're interested, PM me and I'll reserve you a spot. When I run out of available pre-/in slots, interested players will go on my list of people I will PM to let them know when the game is about to go into signups.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Plum
, one half of the duo that brought you The Lord of the Rings Mafia, awarded the Scummy for
Most Enjoyable Game

With magnanimous reviewing and mechanics aid from the inimitable
Vi

And the inspiration of the legendary
J.R.R. Tolkien

Would humbly present for your consideration an installation to follow and surpass her first Theme game, Lay of Leithian Mafia

A Bastard-Mod Large Theme of epic and tragic proportions

THE CHILDREN OF HÚRIN MAFIA

The Children of Húrin Mafia is a
Large Theme
game for
players.
  • Player-related Information
    • All prospective players must have participated in at least two non-Newbie games which have run to completion on this site in order to participate. The Moderator is willing to make exceptions; a brief PM in which you explain your circumstances, why you wish to play in the game, and why the Moderator should assume that you can play at a reasonably high level in a Large Theme game with complex mechanics is likely to plead your case effectively, should you not meet the requirements.
    • Two-player hydras, while accepted in this game, must be cleared with the Moderator first. All hydras must have their members publicly revealed. The Moderator reserves the right to limit or cap the number of hydras in the game as she sees fit, whenever she may decide to implement such a policy. All hydras will meet the player requirements for the game or have received an exception as explained above.
    • There are
      pre-/in slots available for this game; three are taken. If any player applies for a pre-/in slot after all of the ones available are taken, he or she will be given the option to be alerted by a private message when signups start.

• Setup-related Information
    • The flavor and setup of the game (including mechanics) draw various degrees of inspiration from
      The Children of Húrin
      , by J.R.R. Tolkien. No knowledge of the story is necessary to play effectively and enjoy the game. Flavor knowledge may make the game more enjoyable.
    • The Ruleset is anticipated to have approximately 14-day deadlines, with Nights liable to last 48 hours. This may be amended before or during the game, and small variations are generally to be expected. This will
      not
      be a game run under the Bad at Mafia ruleset or a variation thereof, and activity penalties are not liable to be the same as those stipulated in it.
    • While no direct (or, as far as I can see, implied) lies to the players are involved, this
      is
      a game with distinct elements of bastardry. If every faction feels, at some point, at least a little bit screwed over, that will be
      just as planned
      . When signing up for this game, please be aware that
      no guarantees
      are made against any controversial setup element or Moderator behavior.
    • Some mechanic-elements of the game draw strongly on Vi's innovative Holy Orders mechanic. Every effort will be made to see that those elements, such as they are, are implemented in such a way that all players are satisfied with their game experiences.
Last edited by Plum on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:14 am

Post by Plum »

THE FALL OF GONDOLIN MAFIA

Sequel to Lay of Leithian Mafia and The Children of Húrin Mafia, reviewed by Vi and Faraday and backed up by Faraday,
The Fall of Gondolin Mafia
will be the final installment of the trilogy of Mafia games based on John Ronald Reuel Tolkien's
The Silmarillion

The Fall of Gondolin Mafia
is a
Large Theme
game for 18 players.
  • Player-related Information:
    • All prospective players must have participated in at least two non-Newbie games which have run to completion on this site in order to participate. The Moderator is willing to make exceptions; please send a brief PM in which you explain your circumstances and why you wish to play in the game if this is relevant to you.
    • Hydrae will
      not
      be accepted for this game.
    • There are
      pre-/in slots still available for this game. If any player applies for a pre-/in slot after all of the ones available are taken, the option to be alerted by a private message when signups start will be made available.
  • Setup-related Information:
    • The plot flavor and setup of the game draw their inspiration from
      The Silmarillion
      , by J.R.R. Tolkien. Other flavor elements may be inspired by elements from the series
      The History of Middle Earth
      and
      Unfinished Tales
      , also by J.R.R. Tolkien. No knowledge of the story should be necessary to play effectively and enjoy the game. Flavor knowledge may make the game more enjoyable.
    • The Ruleset is anticipated to have approximately 10-day deadlines, with Nights liable to last 48 hours. This
      will
      be a game run under a modified Bad at Mafia ruleset. Activity penalties
      may
      be similar those stipulated in it.

Return to “Queue”