Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Earth's Struggle - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Earth's Struggle

Moderator: Haylen
Backup Moderators: ForbiddenLight (coughUncertainKittencough) and Kinetic

The people of Heaven and Earth have lived in harmony for many milleniums. But there was a traitor. Somebody opened the gates of hell and now demons run amok. At the very heart of this chaos lies a small village, where the wards surrounding the paths between these three worlds are at their weakest. It's up to them and the people of Heaven to get rid of the demons for the future of reality itself may be at stake.

Number One rule of survival: Expect the unexpected.

7 Alive.

Heaven

BabySpice (Rep. ZazieR)

Earth

DrippingGoofBall
ZachRulez (Rep. Battle Mage)
Vezokpiraka (Rep. TheLonging)
Rena

Hell

CSL
Spoiler: Completely Deaded
Completely Deaded

Nobody Special. Thomas Crapper (toilet inventor). Human. Lynched Day One

Diginova. Cotton Eyed Joe (Black guy). Human. Killed Night One

Midnight Sorrow. Ranma (Ranma 1/2). Human. Lynched Day Two

AlmasterGM. Satan (Satan). Demon. Killed Night One

Adrien C. Frodo Baggins (LotR). Heavenly Halfling. Killed Night Two

Animorpherv. Battle Mage (MafiaScum). Martyr (Jester). Vanished Day Three

MehPlusRawr. Ash Ketchum (future pokemon master). Human. Lynched Day Three.

Nikanor. Brian (who knows.). Double Voting Human. Killed Night Three.

Ghostwriter. Buffy (BTVS). Human. Killed Night Three.

SharkFinn. Microwave (Kitchen Appliance). Human. Lynched Day Four

Starbuck. Hiei (Fire Demon from Yu Yu Hakusho). Demon. Killed Night Four

ZONEACE. Scoobie Doo (Scoobie Doo). Human. Killed Night Four

Toogeloo. Eminem (a blond rapper). Human. Lynched Day Five

Chronopie. Hayl's Psychiatrist (dude Hayl sees once a month). Double Voting Human. Killed Night Five

Linkz

Nikanor replaces Maemuki
Day One Lynch
Last edited by Haylen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 am, edited 42 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Haylen »

During the Day

This game will have a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Fish Finger
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
You have each been given two items. These items are crucial to what abilities you may or may not receive during the game. You may
Drop: Item
at any time during the day and you may also
Pick Up: Item
any item that somebody else has dropped. Don't have more than 2 items in your hand at once. You also all have a Primary Item and a Secondary Item, you are only allowed to drop the Secondary Item at any time during the day, you
must keep
the Primary Item.
Each Day will have a deadline of 2 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
You may only communicate with other players during the day if your role PM, or Ability allows you to. Lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod OR any other player. Lest you be smited. This includes quicktopics.
I don't like cheaters.
(a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
8a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b. All mod communication must be opened
as they are likely to contain important information about the game.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day (unless you aren't allowed to), you will be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

Votes after this time will not be counted.
Twilight will last for 48 hours. During this time, you must decided privately who you think is most likely to be town and PM me their name. A ranking system will be formed and the person with the scummiest ranking will be lynched.
If you qualify to receive an Ability, you will receive a PM telling you do, during this time.
4. You may still talk during Twilight.

During the Night

You know if you're allowed to talk at night.
People who qualify for an Ability may choose which one during this time, they may also use it.
Night will last for 48 hours.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Blue is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy godess...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare her. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Haylen »

If you are chosen to receive an ability, this is the list from which to choose from, including the prerequisites. I would...uh...tell you how to unlock the next levels but I would probably be shot. In level One, the prerequisites are based primarily on items; they can be either primary or secondary items. The second level there the prerequisites can be based on either an item that you hold or on an ability that you posess from level one. The Third Level is primarily based on items again, but there is less choice because it gets harder as you go up and down the levels.

What's the Tech Tree?
It's a nifty little thing that Tarhalindur came up with and has given me permission to use.

What items are there?

Invisible Ink
Circe's Amulet
Crystal Mirror
Mystical Orb
Holy Water

Mystery Box - What this does is classified. All im allowed to say is that they randomly come into play during the game and you can pick it up if you want. Prepare for consequences good or bad though.

The Tech Tree

Roleblock (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will prevent any active abilities that player performs that night.
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet OR Holy Water

Message Sender (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself and compose a message of 50 or fewer words. You will attempt to send that message to that player. (Send the message to me, and I will forward it to your target after checking for legality and whether this ability successfully resolves.)
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink OR Mystical Orb.

Second Sight (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn whether that player was targeted by any abilities that night. (You don't learn the sources of those abilities, if any.)
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb OR Circe's Amulet

Boost (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. Any activated or factional abilities that player uses that night cannot be prevented, roleblocked, or redirected.
Prerequisites: Crystal Mirror OR Holy Water

Votegift (Triggered) - When you are killed, you may target a player. That player will gain an additional vote at the beginning of the next game day. This ability is uncounterable.
Prerequisites: Holy Water OR Crystal Mirror

Babalfication (Active) - Each Night, you may target a player other than yourself. They will receive any post restriction that you wish unless its something stupid like 'only talk in Binary.'
Prerequisites: Holy Water OR Circe's Amulet

Blink (Active) - Once during the game, at night, you may activate this ability. If you do, you are untargetable for the duration of that night.
Prerequisites: Crystal Mirror OR Invisible Ink

Imitate (Active) - Each night , you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn up to one Level 1 ability that player has learned and you have not learned.
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb OR Crystal Mirror

Veto (Active) - Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. That player requires an additional vote to lynch until the end of that game day. This ability is a Rapid Action. (It resolves immediately upon receipt. This ability does nothing if used after a player has already reached lynch count.)
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink OR Crystal Orb

Speak With Dead (Active) - Each night, you may target a player in the Hell. You will gain the ability to talk to that player outside the thread for the entirety of the next day.
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet OR Invisible Ink

Level Two Abilities

Jailkeep (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. Any activated abilities that player uses fail to resolve, and the first killing action that targets that player that night will have no effect.
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet OR Blink

Grant Bonus Ability (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. That player may choose an additional ability other than a Level 4 ability that he or she meets all prerequisites for. If he or she does, he or she gains that ability at the beginning of the next day.
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb OR Second Sight

Nightkill Immunity (Autocast) - The first killing action that targets you this night will fail to resolve. (You automatically cast this ability on yourself at the beginning of each night. This ability CAN be roleblocked, but not redirected, and does not count as your activated ability for the night.)
Prerequisites: Holy Water OR Vote Gift

Espionage (Triggered) - At the beginning of each game day, you will learn the name of a random ability that a randomly selected living player has learned. (You will be informed which player has that ability. You do not start receiving Espionage results until one day/night cycle has passed since you learned Espionage.)
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink OR Imitate

Bus Driver (Active) - Each night, you may target two players other than yourelf. Each action that targets one of those players will be redirected to the other.
Prerequisites: Crystal Mirror OR Boost

Track (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn who that player targeted that night. (If your target was roleblocked, you will learn that he or she targeted no players. If your target was redirected, you will see who he or she was redirected to instead of his or her original target(s).)
Prerequisites: Cystal Mirror OR Roleblock

Vengeful (Triggered) - if you are in Hell or Deaded, you may target a player. You will attempt to kill that player.
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet OR Veto

Unblockable (Passive) - Active and factional abilities you use cannot be roleblocked or prevented. (They can still be redirected. Shroud can block unblockable abilities, but if two or more unblockable abilities target a player with shroud on the same night, the unblockable abilities bypass shroud protection.)
Prerequisites: Holy Water OR Speak to the Dead

Creativity (Autocast) - Each night, you may select an ability from the list of abilities in the third post that you meet all the prerequisites for. You will gain that ability at the beginning of the next day.(You automatically cast this ability on yourself at the beginning of each night. This ability CAN be roleblocked, but not redirected, and does not count as your activated ability for the night.)
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink OR Babalfication

Observe (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn the names of all active abilities that player used since the beginning of the last game day.
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb OR Message Sender

Level Three Abilities

Doctor (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. The first killing action that targets that player tonight will have no effect.
Prerequisites: Holy Water

Vengeance (active) - Each night, you may target a player. If that player is killed by another player that night, then at the beginning of the next night you will kill the attacker.
Prerequisites: Crystal Mirror

Double Life (Triggered) - The first time you are killed by any means, you will be brought to life. Your alignment will not be revealed when this happens.
Prerequisites: Holy Water

Masonify (Active) - Once during the game, at night, you may target another player. You will gain the ability to talk to that player outside the thread at any time at the beginning of the next game day.
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink

Gunsmith (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn whether your target has a killing and/or a self-protective ability.
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb

Double Vote (Passive) - You have an additional vote. (You may vote for more than one player at a time.)
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet

Revive (Active/Autocast) - Once during the game, at night, you may target a player in the graveyard. You will revive that player. This ability will be used on you automatically if you are killed and have not depleted this ability. (The revived player's alignment will be revealed.)
Prerequisites: Mystical Orb

Rolecop (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. You will learn that player's alignment and all non-factional abilities that player has learned.
Prerequisites: Invisible Ink

Global Roleblock (Active) - Once during the game, at night, you may use this ability. When you do, every other ability that is used that night will be roleblocked. This ability has priority over every other ability in the game.
Prerequisites: Circe's Amulet

Reflector (Active) - Each night, you may target a player other than yourself. Any abilities that target that player will be redirected to their origin.
Prerequisites: Crystal Mirror

Mystery Ability
Prequisites: Mystery Box
Last edited by Haylen on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

/yogurt

Oooh! What flavor? :shock: ~ Hayl
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:51 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

/SUP
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

/struggling to exist within Earth
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

YO YO YO
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote:YO YO YO
Vote Battle Mage
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Benmage wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:YO YO YO
Vote Battle Mage
ah, it's my slightly inferior doppelganger! :D
This is gonna be fuuuuuuun!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

When I see "BM" -- well, Battle Mage is not the first thing I think of. Just sayin.
....what?

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Haylen »

All Role PM's have been sent out. Hayl learnt a very valuable lesson today: Don't personalize 20 Role PM's :cry:

Unexpected Occurance Number 1

Someone has taken over my modding account. Or maybe it's just me, who knows. Oh well. Rena is now a player.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Nobody Special wrote:When I see "BM" -- well, Battle Mage is not the first thing I think of. Just sayin.
Burnnnnnn +1 for me. But I'm not in this game :o sorry Hayl *ducks*.

>.> You're lucky I'm half-civilized around Jordan ~ Hayl
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:26 am

Post by diginova »

/confirm

VOTE: BattleMage. Getting the Jester out of the way early is best for town, since Haylen doesn't like us and probably included one. I mean, it's BM's title.

I do like you :cry: I just prefer newbies :P
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Awesome I have played with, like, no one on this player list.

Oh well I guess that just means MORE FUN.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:32 am

Post by CSL »

/confirm

Let's do this.

Almaster, I bet you remember me.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Almaster: If you don't remember me now, YOU WILL AFTER THIS GAME.
....what?

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Maemuki »

AlmasterGM wrote:Awesome I have played with, like, no one on this player list.

Oh well I guess that just means MORE FUN.
I will never speak to you again Almaster.

NEVER.

Also Rena is obv scum. I propose we lynch her as soon as the game starts. She probrably will scream that we are liars every time we try to say something to her.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 am

Post by CSL »

^ This

Or, we could just lynch animorpherv!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:14 am

Post by GhostWriter »

/confirm.

The Animorphs are good guys, and clearly fighters for the saving of Earth.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:15 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

CSL wrote:^ This

Or, we could just lynch animorpherv!

/confirm

VOTE: CSL
But then he game would be less fun :x
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 am

Post by CSL »

Then you haven't seen animorpherv's posts on this site.

PREVIEW EDIT: AtE! I found scum!
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

CSL wrote:Then you haven't seen animorpherv's posts on this site.

PREVIEW EDIT: AtE! I found scum!

I haven't been that bad in a while. I think I'm improving.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Maemuki »

animorpherv1 wrote:I haven't been that bad in a while. I think I'm improving.
...goddamn unlimited vig. I was so damn close to winning, too...
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22 am

Post by CSL »

Maybe you should've killed SpyreX. Ani would not have had a leader, and you might've pulled it off.

If only I wasn't lynched so early!!
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Maemuki »

CSL wrote:Maybe you should've killed SpyreX. Ani would not have had a leader, and you might've pulled it off.

If only I wasn't lynched so early!!
I was in your team, but seriously you deserved that one. You really, really did.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”