boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 am

Post by boberz »

Do we definately think there is an sk then and it is nothing to do with 'karma' especially as dybeck has apparently used his strong mode every day.

I think scum had me down as a mislynch target you see, so I dont really see dybeck as scum as he cleared me. I had a pretty poor game especially in the middle so it seems strange to clear me. So maybe that is evidence towards sk rather than scum if he is one of the two.

Still dont 100% see the Nick case, but his reaction to my questions (as an obvious attempt to stimulate discussion) were not as good as either Shanba or Javert.

If dybeck is scum I could see Javert as the partner, but otherwise I think Javert has been pretty solid.
Javert wrote: Note: It also occurred to me that curiouskarmadog just asked today if anybody had any information that might help verify Shanba's claim. Yet dybeck remained silent. Now he claims that he had information as early as Day Five.
I think I missed this, what exactly are you talking about here?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

NickF227 (1) -- dybeck
dybeck (3) -- Javert, NickF227, Shanba
Shanba (1) -- Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1) -- boberz

Not voting: Espeonage, curiouskarmadog, Jahudo
9 alive, lynch at 5.

Deadline: 15th of July.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Javert »

boberz, Post 2225 wrote:
Javert wrote: Note: It also occurred to me that curiouskarmadog just asked today if anybody had any information that might help verify Shanba's claim. Yet dybeck remained silent. Now he claims that he had information as early as Day Five.
I think I missed this, what exactly are you talking about here?
Actually, retract this point. I was going off of memory, and of course whenever I do that I end up being flatly wrong. curiouskarmadog indeed asked in Post 2164, but dybeck actually claimed all his targets and results (including his Shanba result) just a couple posts later. That is the polar opposite of "remained silent."
Shanba, Post 2224 wrote:How is being stubborn an sktell, particularly? The idea of threading the needle between scumminess and towniness sure, I can see that that would be an sktell, but how is stubbornness contributing to that?
In this case, being stubborn serves a number of purposes for dybeck: it lengthens the Day (which definitely helps scum, as evidenced by our No Lynch yesterday), it lets him get away with a partial claim so he can give more thought to how he will claim his full role, and it obviously makes him look scummy while he claims results "clearing" two players which gives him town cred, especially if the players he cleared are actually Town. Stubbornness is not a "sktell"
per se
, but right now it is serving all of the purposes a Serial Killer would want from dybeck's position. Really, it is Shanba's
overall
play that makes me feel like he is a Serial Killer, not any one particular tell. The biggest indicator in my mind is the early-game dybeck-Sando positioning, though.

Also, to address boberz, claiming two innocent results makes a good deal of sense (as any scum role) if you think about it. First, if dybeck claims a guilty result and ends up being wrong, he will be lynched or nightkilled -- so in that sense, he is restricted to innocent results, even more so if he is the only player of his faction as then he cannot afford to be lynched. (Note how his claim will never actually get a "guilty" result unless somebody contradicts his claims). Second, he makes it very likely that the players he claims innocent results on will not vote for him, because it feels lovely to be "vouched for" by a claimed investigative role -- and note this is true even if he claims an innocent result on a player who is actually scum. Third, it paints alternative night-kills for an opposing scum team (making it more likely he will survive the night). And fourth, scum are probably best off today trying to lynch the opposing scum-team, so scum have a large incentive to avoid a mislynch if they can, especially this late in the game. Claiming innocent results necessarily retracts the field of who can be lynched, which is to any scum's advantage if they can avoid the lynch themselves.
"I was born with scum like you."
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Updating from page 88,
boberz wrote:
Either shanba or dybeck are scum I think. But not both. Both the cliams have to be correct but neither are allignment specific.
I think I agree with this statement
boberz wrote: Behind that ABR has made two or three useful comments today more than usual but still not enough. I think I would be very annoyed if I didnt suspect him, but for a strange reason I dont.
..but not this, where is his useful posts?

I also am confused why dybeck did not look into ABR, especially after the "fake" claim.

++
I like Javert’s post in 2188(and 2207), if he is scum in this game, he has officially fooled me.
++

Nick is just as useless as ABR.

++
dybeck wrote:OK. Bored now. Have fun in your lylo tomorrow.

Don't vote boberz or Esp.
so instead of answering questions we get this?
++
Albert B. Rampage wrote:putting dybek at L-1 so far from deadline
are you saying it is scummy, or just this instance?

++
boberz wrote: CKD what do you think of my recent play?
had you in my town catagory for awhile now.....nothing in your recent play has changed that.

++

After the (re)read.

Vote dybeck

Pretty sure he is a scum variant

Also not liking Jahudo, shanba, or Nick (in that order)….and to some extent ABR (but on the fence about this).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am

that puts him back at -1..

ABR is that scummy, too?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am

Post by boberz »

ABR's useful posts included when he reminded me of the fact dybeck was the only person with investigative powers still a somewhat useful point, but I sense that if we used the karma thing properly which I doubt we have then our smaller powers could have been much more effective somehow. So I am more worried about using balancing as a point in this game. I am very interested in how this has actually been working exactly.

ABR also made me aware that he didnt want to kill Nick. I personally find this very usefull, I actually agree we shouldnt kill him today but tomorrow I will have to consider it.

I also unvoted dybeck when put at L1 and criticised Shanba for it, why didnt you question me CKD?

---

Javert are you suggesting there are two scum teams???
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am

boberz wrote:
I also unvoted dybeck when put at L1 and criticised Shanba for it, why didnt you question me CKD?
not sure, because you seem sincere? maybe I am tunnelling on ABR or I feel you are town....

but the same question can be asked of you, I put dybeck at L1, why havent you criticised me for it?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am

Post by boberz »

For me it was situational. Shanba's came a bit out of the blue, immediately after a couple of us had mused over how we wanted proper discussion and not to rush the day quite yet and becayse you have made your own proper point about how dybeck is the lynch for today. Whilst I am a long way from safe on you I am less confident on dybeck, because for me it is one or the other and shanba was 100% tipping the balance.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

curiouskarmadog wrote:that puts him back at -1..

ABR is that scummy, too?
I feel as though dybek has been very dodgy and I approve of the vote now that we are closer to deadline and he has yet to provide any type of answer. Dybek, full claim, and who is scum?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:33 am

the only reason I feel that L1 is a bad idea, is because Jahudo needs to check in today. I say let dybeck stay at 1L until Jahudo posts...we still have a week until deadline. If anyone hammers, they should have a wicked good reason why....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 am

Post by boberz »

Javert did you suggest there were two scum teams?
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Javert »

boberz wrote:Javert did you suggest there were two scum teams?
Yes -- based on two nights with double-kills, I believe there are two scum teams.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:56 am

Post by boberz »

One team just being a SK surely? I dont think I have seen that described as a team, more a faction. Why do you think there may be a second team (suggesting more than one person)?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Jahudo »

I'm back and will start reading soon.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by boberz »

Let's hope you finish soon as well.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I only had 4 pages to read.

I don't see how dybeck's lack of information on Nick last night means one thing over another, like he was roleblocked and nick is likely scum from it. The new details over his role are somewhat confusing. Why use strong mode so much if there was a warning about being too greedy?

An SK is possible because we have a few double kill nights. SK hunting doesn't seem easier than mafia hunting now though, since we can still talk about Sando and BV connections. Like Faraday.

Also Nick is not a good lynch today. I'm starting to see him as town again today (since dybeck's claim fell through). Even if Nick did retract a miller claim. :)
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: Shanba
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Javert »

boberz, I think this answers your question:
Javert, Post 2220 wrote:For starters, I think there are two or three scum remaining. Based on the nightkills, it looks like we still have a Mafia and a Serial Killer, so the only question is how many members of the Mafia are left.
"Team" might not be the best term to use, but the gist of my posting (such as the fact that I think dybeck is our Serial Killer) should make it clear that I think we're dealing with a Serial Killer and a Mafia.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Back. I have stuff to catch up on first. Sorry Mod. I thought a message in my sig would be enough.
Don't @ me.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Javert »

As mentioned earlier, I will now be V/LA, and hopefully able to post again by July 13.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Espeonage »

VOTE: Jahudo
Don't @ me.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by boberz »

Javert wrote:boberz, I think this answers your question:
Javert, Post 2220 wrote:For starters, I think there are two or three scum remaining. Based on the nightkills, it looks like we still have a Mafia and a Serial Killer, so the only question is how many members of the Mafia are left.
"Team" might not be the best term to use, but the gist of my posting (such as the fact that I think dybeck is our Serial Killer) should make it clear that I think we're dealing with a Serial Killer and a Mafia.
Yes I saw this, it was more the wording team that I thought might contain some inside knowledge I was considering crucifying you for, but I can read it both ways.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Patrick »

I will be away from tomorrow until late on Sunday evening. I might get lucky, but chances are I won't have any access. I'm sure you'll all cope without me.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 am

Post by boberz »

So half the game are on VLA, the other half have been talking in circles for ages. Anyone any idea what to do?

I think dybeck should be hammered today but I worry about the warning he gave to me about breadcrumbing, I really worry he sees this game as a personal win and that is why he is being so secretive, and when he realised he was going to die gave up trying to help town. This worries me. But I am not sure I could justify not killing him, he has been scummy and evidence doesnt looke great, his claim was shoddy and he has refused to answer many questions, two days running, causing a loss of kill yday as well.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

If someone can provide perfectly clear and legitimate evidence as to why Dybeck's claim doesn't make perfect sense with the setup information we currently have, then let them share it. If not then the hammer will not be coming from me.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”