Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Generic Role PMs

You are a part of the mafia with X, Y and Z. You come from a different world, more powerful than this one, with the intention of taking the village for yourselves and killing all those in it. You aren't bound by the same laws - you can commit evil acts without being punished - but the power of the deity watching over this place prevents you simply marching in and taking the village by force. The four of you have taken on the appearance of those around you and the villagers think you've been a part of the village for a long time. Each night you can talk to your partners and choose to kill another player, along with which member of your group will perform the kill. Please use this quicktopic for all mafia communication: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xnMPb9f4rBbk.

Additionally, you can use the karma in this place to add to your arsenal of weapons. Your group begins the game with 4 karma points, and every night you receive 1 more, plus 1 for every member of your group that has died. Further, every town power use of weak mode gives you 1 point, and every use of strong mode gives you 2 points! Points can be spent at night and during pregame on any of the list below. Note that you can buy and use immediately.

3 points: one shot roleblock (roleblocked poweroles will still give you karma)
4 points: mafia can daytalk
4 points: you can turn one of your members into a Godfather, making them immune to nightkills and investigations (can only use once)
6 points: one shot rolestrip (any powerole hit by this gets roleblocked that night and loses all powers permanently)
7 points: general scan (tells you what poweroles are in the game but not who they are)
10 points: one extra nightkill
10 points: one shot janitor (can cover up the alignment of one lynched player by messaging me before the lynch - player will show as ???? for the rest of the game)

You can perform as many actions as you want in one night. You can send one member to do multiple things or spread them around if you prefer. Keep in mind that the town may not understand the karma system as well as you, so be careful with what you say or assume during the day.

You win when the town no longer has the majority.

Mod note: The mafia cannot use the extra nightkill ability if it would immediately end the game. This was mentioned to them pregame in their quicktopic.

-----------------------

You are an investigator. There's not a huge demand for what you do round here, but you like to keep your senses sharp and an ear to the ground. Each night you may choose to take one of the following actions if you so wish:

Weak mode: Using a sophisticated piece of equipment and straining your supernatural senses, you can find out one of the potential abilities that the evil in this village can use, and also whether it's been used so far.

Strong mode: You can take a stealthy look around someone's property and look for special items. Whilst it doesn't guarantee certainty about them, it will give you a vanilla / non-vanilla result (the sample PM is the vanilla townie PM in this game)

You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated.

------------------------

You are a 2 shot vigilante. You would never use your gun for evil purposes, but now seems like a time where using it would be justified. At night you may choose one of the following actions if you so wish:

Weak mode: You use your gun to kill another player of your choice.

Strong mode: You attempt to kill another player unless you find clear evidence of their innocence. Thus, any town powerole you try to kill will survive; other roles will die as usual.

As suggested in the rolename, you only have 2 shots. Use them wisely. You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated.

-------------------------

You are a hider. You're very good at blending in and going unnoticed if the need arises. At night, you may choose one of the following actions if you so wish:

Weak mode: You can hide with another player. If they get nightkilled, you die with them. If they're scum, they will kill you. Use this to get a better idea of who you can trust.

Strong mode: Same as the above, with the additional perk that if you're hiding with someone, any nightkills directly targetted at you will fail, since you're not at home.

--------------------------

You are a tracker. You can get by on minimal sleep, which frees you up to leave your house at night and see what someone else is up too. Each night you can perform one of these actions if you so wish:

Weak mode: You can track a person at night, and I will tell you whether or not they performed an action (action/no action are only possible results).

Strong mode: As with weak mode, except you're willing to follow your target and see who they target. I will tell you whether or not they performed an action, and if they did I will tell you who they targetted.

--------------------------

You are a jailkeeper. You have considerable medical knowledge and some sedative drink that can knock someone out for a good 8-10 hours. You don't use it with bad intent of course, but maybe it could be useful here. Each night you can take one the following actions if you so wish:

Weak mode: You slip a little bit of sleepy liquid into someone's drink, making them unable to take any action that night. They can sleep it off in the clinic, where you're quite sure they'll be out of danger.

Strong mode: The same as above, except that you can roleblock/protect two players of your choice and leave them in the clinic.

Note that even if you're targetted for a kill, the people you've knocked out are still safe. You win when all anti-town roles are eliminated.

---------------------------

You are an ordinary villager. Though you undoubtedly have many talents and fine qualities, none of them will be of any special help here, so you'll just have to rely on your voice and your vote. Use them during the day to weed out the forces of evil and make the village safe again.

Last edited by Patrick on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Extra nightkill for the lose
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Patrick »

Night actions

Night 1
Mafia sends Faraday to kill Papa Zito
Jahudo strong tracks farside22 (no result)
Porochaz jailkeeps Jahudo
Pomegranate strong hides with farside22
Papa Zito uses weak vig on Pomegranate (fails due to hide)
dybeck investigates Pomegranate (non-vanilla)

Night 2
Mafia sends Javert to kill Porochaz
Mafia sends Faraday to kill Anon
Jahudo weak tracks Ojanen (no action)
Porochaz jailkeeps Espeonage and Albert B. Rampage
dybeck investigates boberz (vanilla)

Night 3
Mafia sends Javert to kill RichardGHP
Mafia sends Faraday to rolestrip Albert B. Rampage (no effect since he's vanilla)
Jahudo strong tracks Seraphim (no action)
dybeck investigates Faraday (non-vanilla)

Night 4
Mafia sends Javert to kill Amished
Mafia sends Faraday to kill Ojanen
Jahudo weak tracks curiouskarmadog (no action)
dybeck investigates Espeonage (vanilla)

Night 5
Mafia sends Javert to kill farside22
Mafia sends Shanba to roleblock dybeck
Jahudo weak tracks Nick (doing nothing)
dybeck investigates Nick (no result due to roleblock)

Night 6
Mafia sends Javert to kill Espeonage
Mafia sends Faraday to kill boberz
Jahudo strong tracks Faraday (targetting boberz)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 am

GG scum

You may critique my play
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Pomegranate »

GG scum. Well.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Wow. GG scum.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by dybeck »

Shanba deserves a Scummy for that claim.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

this, you blow ABR
curiouskarmadog wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
ABR, on a personal fucking level, if you are town this game with me, you are fucking horrible, I will avoid joining games with you like the plague...
screw Shanba, Faraday deserves a scummy, we got a guilty on him and he talked his way out of a lynch..

nominating now.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 pm

thanks Patrick for the game, dont know if I like the double kill, but whatever.

that aside, Faraday, you just earned my respect with that claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Patrick »

thanks Patrick for the game, dont know if I like the double kill, but whatever.
Normally not something I go for either, but I figured the way the game was setup would give the town a reasonable shot at guessing extra kills might be coming from mafia, and it looks like quite a few people thought along the same lines. I also put the vig in to make it awkward for mafia to pretend to be one, though I'd actually overlooked that an SK claim might happen.

Javert predicted to me that Faraday would get nommed. It was actually Javert's planned claim for a while, but the tracker result on Faraday led to him using it as a last desperate shot.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Anyone else thinks CKD is behaving strangely? Or is he always like this I forget
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Javert »

Thanks for the game, all.

I was leery about the mafia getting additional kills throughout the entire game, but after seeing exactly how beefy those town power roles were (the Jailkeeper in particular --
zut alors!
) I'm not so sure about the balance any longer. In any case, I still think using 10 Karma Points is too few for an additional kill. Maybe 12, or up to 15. If we were we of a mind, we probably could have gotten off five kills if we chose not to role-block, daytalk, or role-strip. Perhaps there also should have been a limit to the additional kills -- probably two, since the Vigilante was similarly limited.

I think this set-up is the result of "Side A is too powerful, so I'll make Side B powerful, too." Each side definitely packs too much punch. Although it might be facially balanced, I think such set-ups are more prone to swinginess.

Thanks also to Patrick/Ether for modding and keeping the game on-track.
"I was born with scum like you."
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I really wish I had started this game better.
Don't @ me.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Toldya so.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by dybeck »

[/quote]
Faraday deserves a scummy, we got a guilty on him and he talked his way out of a lynch..
[/quote]

That says more about the town who were left than it does about Faraday, tbh.

SK claim? Purleease. You find me one instance in history where this hasn't been a mafia ploy.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Faraday »

Fuck. How tense. I thought I played pretty awful, for most of the game actually.

Bv lynch day 1 had me sort of..idk. He didn't claim a PR and was lynched for being pretty scummy and I was pretty negative about our chances from there.

I think the extra kill was probably needed - town had quite a lot of power - tracker/weak cop/pr or scum cop/double jailkeeper posibillity and papa zito's role would have been useful too.

Javert deserves the scummy for this game, Imma go nominate him now although I'm not really sure what award fits best.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:34 am

Post by Faraday »

Also due to the set-up I think the game was always going to be close as it has a kind of course correction mechanic. If the scum are getting lynched, they gain more Karma for the dead buddies which can help but if they're destroying PR's then they get little to no karma.

Any objection to the scum qt being shared Javert/Sando/Bv?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 am

Post by bv310 »

Wooo!
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Javert »

No objections, although Patrick has already shared the scum QT in his generic role PMs post. :wink:
"I was born with scum like you."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Jahudo »

Ugh. good game.

I wish I had been around for the weekend, but I don't know where I could have helped. I don't feel like I play well as the "confirmed townie".
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Patrick »

Faraday wrote:Also due to the set-up I think the game was always going to be close as it has a kind of course correction mechanic. If the scum are getting lynched, they gain more Karma for the dead buddies which can help but if they're destroying PR's then they get little to no karma.
This is basically why I made the town poweroles pretty chunky. I didn't want any of them weak and being liabilities to the town by just giving the mafia food every night with some really weak power. Similarly I didn't want scum to feel like they were actually hurting themselves by killing off poweroles. The higher income if you have dead mafiates was mostly tagged on after giving a flat rate of 1 point per night seemed to leave the mafia too weak.

I expected town poweroles to mostly use strong modes, though I could have respected choices from the hider or jailkeeper not to take action early on.

Scum managed to save themselves two mislynches using the extra nightkills, but really they should only have saved one. If the town had lynched instead of no-lynching on day 5, I'd worked out there was no way for scum to profitably use an extra nightkill.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Patrick »

Jahudo wrote:I wish I had been around for the weekend, but I don't know where I could have helped. I don't feel like I play well as the "confirmed townie".
I thought you played the role decently, managing to go through the game without much suspicion on you, but without ever being a major nightkill target either.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:17 am

NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by dybeck »

Meh I've nominated Shanba for best role claim. I'd encourage you all to second/third him in the thread CKD just posted.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Anon »

ABR is seriously one of the worse players in the site.

GG, scum. Javert became obvscum as the game developed, you were right in killing me soon.

Thx Patric for the modding. GG all.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”