Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:43 am

Post by molestargazer »

CITY WATCH MAFIA

The city of Ankh-Morpork had never been a particularly fair city, but under its latest Patrician and ruler, Lord Vetinari, it at least operated to a certain degree - although no-one was quite sure how it managed to cling to its position on the discworld. It had to import all its food, foreign relations were (at best) sketchy, and it had a river birds nested on and that you couldn't fish in without a shovel, a wheelbarrow, and a lot of patience.

But still, the city worked. Ever since the Thieves' Guild started moderating and licensing their theft*, there was even less for the small band of City Watchmen left to do. However, after its role in tackling a Dragon which plagued the city, a crazed Golem, and an assassin with a new and deadly weapon, the Watch had risen into presence again and now patrolled most of the city (except the Shades, of course. Not many dared enter there even with an armed guard), taking on unlicensed thieving and general unlawful behaviour across Ankh-Morpork.

If people aren't trying to kill you, you're not doing it right. That was a motto Commander Vimes of the City Watch had always lived by. Although since he'd been taken off the register at the Assassin's Guild, things had been relatively peaceful. Which made him nervous. But he'd gone about as business as he normally did, and the cells at the several watch houses scattered about the city were constantly being used, full of unlicensed thieves and unfortunate victims / fighters of bar brawls, some who needed limbs stitching back on** before being thrown into the cells for a night and being given a receipt for their weapons.

It was looking like it was going to be a sunny day, and Vimes was strangely optimistic about the day as he finished shaving. But before he could see to the day's duties, he had an appointment to go and see Lord Vetinari. Which was a shame - Vimes always felt like some sort of criminal as he stood before that desk - but such was the burden of command. He dressed in his everyday armour and set off on the walk to the palace.

*The rich of the city would pay the guild a moderate sum to prevent any of their property from being stolen each month. The less well-off had to make do with a hefty bat of some sort.
**Many regular brawlers had taken the liberty of having their arms / legs / various limbs tattooed in case they were hacked off to ensure that the watch's resident Igor stitched the right limbs back onto them. There's nothing worse than waking up and realising your arms don't match.

City Watch Mafia is a mini theme, currently in the Queue, for 12 players. It has a minor mechanic about powers, but roles are relatively normal.
No knowledge of the Discworld / Ankh-Morpork theme is necessary to play - anything discworld-related will be for flavour only - but taking a look at this may help with the characters and flavour text if you've not read one of the books before.
PM me to /Pre-in - I'll take up to 6 of them.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...

Return to “Queue”