Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Scummies Invitational (OVER!!!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Patrick »

Mods
: Patrick, Yosarian2, Mr. Flay

The Scummies. It's that time of year again; the glitter, the flashbulbs, the in-jokes. All over the globe, mafia players compete with each other for awards based on different achievements. Whether you're good at sniffing out scum, destroying towns or making beautiful games, you're here tonight because you've won a Scummie. There are nineteen of you, chilling out backstage before the ceremony is due to start. As usual, mith is late. You glance at your watch; how did it get to be half-past the hour already? No, wait... look closer. The second hand is.. moving... much.... sloowwerr.

The hell? Now it appears to have stopped completely. This is a self-winding watch, it certainly shouldn't have died that fast. As you put it up to your ear, you notice one of your companions doing the same. Just as you open your mouth to ask, a large scaffold to the left of the stage collapses, crushing Albert B. Rampage, Goatrevolt, and vIQleS. The cause isn't at all obvious - it looked fine when you came in, now it's rubble. Most of you start to your feet immediately, and that's when the podium speaker squeals into life.

"
We have mith. Call off the Scummies or you can make your award tokens out of his bones.
"

A low murmur starts up among the group, and someone calls out, "
What do you mean, you
have
mith?"

"
See for yourself.
"

The video display on the right side of the stage, which had been showing the red carpet outside, blinks and changes to show a nightmare in grainy black-and-white: mith is chained to a steam pipe, his face bloody and his tuxedo torn. He seems to be trying to clear his head, and looks around as if at a sound. There's no audio, but he seems to be reacting to someone speaking offscreen. Suddenly, a polished dress show enters the frame and kicks him in the ribs, doubling him over. The video display blinks again, and the red carpet is back, suddenly. And that's when you realize that Mr. Flay's foot has been arcing towards the velvet-covered pavement since
before
the display flipped to mith. Is he
dancing
? Didn't he hear the noise of the scaffold collapsing?

"
Let's play a game; you have all the 'time' you need. Sixteen of you will do. Discover our agents amongst you, and mith goes free and your precious Scummies can continue. Fail-
"

A yell makes your head whip around to the right, just in time to see Yosarian2 plummet through a trap door. A sickening crack and thump, but no cry of pain, presage the door slowly closing.

"
Well, we can't have you always being right, after all. Ha. Haha. Fifteen it is.
"

Players
  • Alive (8/15)
  • Hoopla
  • Kmd4390
  • Ojanen
  • curiouskarmadog
  • Incognito
  • q21
  • mykonian
  • populartajo

Dead (7/15)
  • Kinetic,
    Townie
    , was lynched Day One.
  • Empking,
    Mafia Goon
    , was killed Night One.
  • Slicey, replaced by Seraphim,
    Mafia Goon
    , was lynched Day Two.
  • SpyreX,
    Townie
    , was killed Night Two.
  • vollkan,
    Mafia Daystopper
    , was killed Night Two.
  • imaginality,
    Townie
    , was lynched Day Three.
  • Tenchi,
    Mafia Goon
    , was lynched Day Three.
Last edited by Patrick on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Patrick »

RULES
  1. This game is Day Start. Day 1 will begin when everyone has confirmed by PM.
  2. During the day you can vote for a player that you think should be lynched. Votes should be in the form
    Vote: Player
    , but I'll count votes if the intention is clear and there's bolding/some attempt at bolding. Unvotes before registering a new vote are helpful but not required. Note that any attempts at fake votes will be frowned on, and most likely counted anyway. Don't try it.
  3. When a player reaches a majority of votes, they are lynched.
  4. Each day has fixed two-week deadlines, which won't be extended except for unusual circumstances (server outage, replacement). Nights will last up to 48 hours, with the same understanding for unavoidable delays.
  5. Each day you can lynch as
    many
    people as you'd like, but the roles of lynched players won't be revealed until the day ends. All votes are reset after a lynch, and the deadline remains unchanged. If you want to end the day without further lynches and before deadline hits, you can VOTE: No Lynch as you would normally.

1. There is at least one role in this game with a one-shot ability to bring the day to an immediate end after one lynch has occurred. No further details will be explained until after the game, but you have been warned.
  6. No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
  7. Once dead, you stop posting
    (this includes if you are lynched but your role has not been revealed at day's end yet)
    . A "Bah!" post is fine though.
  8. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
  9. Anyone not posting for 48 hours is proddable, though I'll sometimes wait until 72 hours depending on circumstances. Players who fail to post promptly after being prodded may be replaced. I also reserve the right to replace people who are within activity limits but who are trying to find loopholes, but that's only for extreme circumstances and I hope not to have to use it.
  10. I'll try to post votecounts as often as possible. Feel free to ask for a votecount at any time. Disappointingly, I may make mistakes. Point them out very gently.
  11. Avoid excessive profanity, flaming etc.
  12. Don't quote or fakequote your role PM. Don't quote any PMs from the mod or other players. Don't reference ongoing games. Any of these are potentially modkillable offences.
  13. Have fun!

The following is the generic vanilla townie PM:
Vanilla wrote:You're an ordinary scummies winner. Completely ordinary, mediocre, etc. with no special abilities worth talking about. You wanted to come here and collect your award in front of an audience, but some people within the group clearly have other ideas. Since you won an award for playing well, maybe you can weed out the disruptive element.

In game terms, you're a vanilla townie. You win when all anti-town players are eliminated.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Patrick »

All role PMs are out, and have been asked on the end to confirm to me by PM. Any roles that can nighttalk can do so in this pregame stage.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Patrick »

Ok guys, day 1 is afoot. With 15 alive currently it takes 8 votes to lynch someone, and the day ends on August the 10th.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Hoopla »

Good luck to everyone. I have a brief survey I'd like you to fill out;

1. Have you played in a Lights Out game before?
2. I give you $200 to place a bet on the first Day 1 lynch, with return odds of 15/1 for each player. Who do you bet on?
3. What do you think is the optimum number of lynches for Day 1?
4. What is your favourite animal?
5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

Whats up game:

1. Have you played in a Lights Out game before? I don't think so? I'm familiar with the mechanics but I can't think of one offhand.
2. I give you $200 to place a bet on the first Day 1 lynch, with return odds of 15/1 for each player. Who do you bet on? Empking.
3. What do you think is the optimum number of lynches for Day 1? Two. That should give enough to parse out without going murderfrenzy on it.
4. What is your favourite animal? Falcon.
5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence. A bowling ball thrown from the Empire State Building: hard, fast and awful hard to get to change directions.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

1.) no
2.) Empking (for the record, I asked to not be placed in a game with him, so I am not sure how we ended up in the same game)
3.) dont know, think my answer might change as the day continues, but will guess 2-3.
4.) muppet
5.) passionate to the point of anger
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:29 am

Post by imaginality »

Hello world.

No

2. I give you $200 to place a bet on the first Day 1 lynch, with return odds of 15/1 for each player. Who do you bet on?
Everyone: I win 15x$200, and lose $14x200, giving me $200 profit. If you're going to quibble about 'a bet' though, I'll go for Empking on the basis SpyreX and curiouskarmadog probably know more about the other players here than I do.

Depends on context e.g. if we have two competing wagons then we may learn a lot from seeing both flip; in general though I'd lean towards 1 lynch for D1 because if we use our 'extra' lynches D2 or D3 then they're likely to be better informed due to night action results, night kills and such.

Meerkat

At best, calm and cheerful, with occasional flashes of insight and humour
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Incognito »

I don't wanna do Hoopla's survey. I do however wanna do Hoopla.

vote: Hoopla
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito, I'm upset you haven't completed my survey, and I don't why you didn't do it. Perhaps going for the gag entry was a way to impose yourself upon the game - I don't know. But, to make you conform, I will provide you with a survey specifically tailored for you, that will hopefully be more to your liking;

1. Who would you rather sleep with; Hoopla or camn?
2. Breasts, legs or ass. You can only pick one.
3. Have you ever had an erotic dream about a scummer?
4. Be honest, you like me more than Ether, right?
5. Do you shave anywhere below your neck?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Incognito »

I couldn't resist a nice play on words like that.
And as tempting as your new survey is, I don't want to do that one either.

I don't know if you realize this yet, but my vote on you is completely serious.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Hoopla »

I was wondering who the first nonconformist would be, and I didn't think it would be you.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Who did you think it would be? Why did you think I'd conform?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

Ojanen, Kinetic and mykonian were the favourites. You were going to conform because you're a submissive little butterfly. I don't believe the stance you are taking against me is genuine - it feels like a contrived act to assert dominance. Why didn't you want to do my survey?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Incognito »

Because, if you're scum, your survey seems like a nice little tactic to clog the thread with noise. I've seen Adel use something similar in at least two of his past scum games, I know he's a player you respect, and so I didn't want to go along the route you wanted me to take just in case this was that kind of tactic.

Will you be answering your own survey? Will you be illuminating us with your insight on people's alignments once answers are received?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 am

Post by q21 »

Hoopla wrote:
1. A what?
2. Empking. We should lynch him now and play the game as though we'd only ever had 14 players.
3. 1 + Empking
4. Cat
5. Semi-lurky with irregular flashes of logic, intellect, incisive questioning and decisive action.

Now time to hedge my bets with an Empking vote. :D

Vote Empking

Really, because as much fun as surveys are I like my RVS.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:05 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm loving Incognito already.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Not that my Incognito love counts for anything, I'm not in this game. Just ignore me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:Because, if you're scum, your survey seems like a nice little tactic to clog the thread with noise. I've seen Adel use something similar in at least two of his past scum games, I know he's a player you respect, and so I didn't want to go along the route you wanted me to take just in case this was that kind of tactic.

Will you be answering your own survey? Will you be illuminating us with your insight on people's alignments once answers are received?
You don't get to ask questions if you refuse to answer mine.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Slicey »

oh god being in two games with Patrick being the mod is going to be confusing. @_@

Also, this:

1. I don't know what Lights Out is. >_>
2. Don't know enough of the players to really say. I'm hoping for Empking, I don't really enjoy playing with him.
3. I was actually gonna ask this question, because I've never played a game with this kind of... thing before. >_____>
4. Snake!? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!
5. Participate more as the game goes on.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Tenchi »

Hoopla wrote:Good luck to everyone. I have a brief survey I'd like you to fill out;

1. Have you played in a Lights Out game before? Yes. I think I can solve the 4x4 easy from playing DDO.
2. I give you $200 to place a bet on the first Day 1 lynch, with return odds of 15/1 for each player. Who do you bet on? Empking. Just cause I saw people voting for him and I really want to win that 200 dollars. :)
3. What do you think is the optimum number of lynches for Day 1? Not sure. I am not sure even why we would go beyond more than one lynch, but definitely it is the strongest Townie weapon so we should use it as much as we can. What if we kill off and leave everybody that everybody believes is the best players? But then what about roles? Accidentally killing off a Doctor or Cop is bad. So those are the things that are making me think about the situation. Need more input pls.
4. What is your favourite animal? TIGER. RAWR.
5. Sum up your playstyle in one sentence. I find myself not sticking to one singular playstyle.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Tenchi »

Slicey wrote:oh god being in two games with Patrick being the mod is going to be confusing. @_@
You're playing with different people. Why would this be a problem?
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Incognito »

Hoopla wrote:You don't get to ask questions if you refuse to answer mine.
But you already responded to two questions I've asked...?

Hoopla's scum, people. Vote her.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

curiouskarmadog wrote:(for the record, I asked to not be placed in a game with him, so I am not sure how we ended up in the same game)
This isn't an
/in
-vitational, this is the
Invitational
for all available winners of 2009 Scummies.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Patrick »

Multiple people seem to be having trouble with that. Also, bumping for the first votecount.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”